PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 13

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Wow, the week we've all been waiting for. The playoffs ride on a lot of games this week plus it's rivalry week for a lot of teams. Tough limiting it to just 10 for a change.

andy7171
November 17th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I went UNH - Maine. Same reason as last week, it's to decide who gets to go to the playoffs from the CAA-North.

Though if W&M beats Richmond, I don't know if the North gets in over the Tribe.

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
There are two games where winner is in and loser is most likely out...

UNH @ Maine
Holy Cross @ Colgate

Hard to believe people would pick something besides one of those. xeyebrowx

Rob Iola
November 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Dude - change the radio buttons to check boxes...

dbackjon
November 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
UNH - Maine to me is the top game.

Rob Iola
November 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM

UNH @ Maine
Holy Cross @ Colgate

Liberty could knock Elon out of the playoffs and possibly sneak in with a win.

Yale v Harvard is The Game, isn't it?

DetroitFlyer
November 17th, 2008, 09:12 AM
How could you leave out the Dayton at Jacksonville game for the PFL title?

Rob Iola
November 17th, 2008, 09:14 AM
How could you leave out the Dayton at Jacksonville game for the PFL title?
Simple really - the poll limits him to 10, not 35 or so, selections...

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Do people think the W&M/Richmond game is an elimination game for both sides. I know Richmond is very strong, GPI wise, but I'm not sure they'd get in with four losses. There's no way W&M would be behind either team from the North if they won, though.

appfan2008
November 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
unh maine for me... the plaoff implications in this game are huge...

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Liberty could knock Elon out of the playoffs and possibly sneak in with a win.
"possibly" being the key word. We know that the winner of the other two will get in. xpeacex

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 09:23 AM
BTW, Maine's last two trips to the playoffs saw them win in the first round @ McNeese and @ App St and they are the last team to beat AppSt in the playoffs. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

bullseye44
November 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
The playoff implications are the same for W&M/Richmond as UNH/Maine. W&M and Maine are both in with a win, out with a loss. Both UNH and Richmond are in with a win, and borderline with a loss. Personally, I think a 3 loss UNH team gets in the field, but you never know.

813Jag
November 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM
No playoff implications (obviously) but a game to keep an eye on is Grambling vs. Texas Southern. A GSU win opens the door for all hell to break loose in the SWAC West. xlolx

Mntneer
November 17th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Voted for Liberty/Elon since Elon's hopes are riding on a win here.

JoshUCA
November 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Obviously McNeese @ UCA for me!

rcny46
November 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Do people think the W&M/Richmond game is an elimination game for both sides. I know Richmond is very strong, GPI wise, but I'm not sure they'd get in with four losses. There's no way W&M would be behind either team from the North if they won, though.

I think that the loser of the UR and W&M game is out of the playoffs,and that the UNH-Maine winner would definitely be in @ 9-2 and 9-3 respectively over an 8-3 Tribe should they win their game.It looks like the CAA will get 4 spots this year.Just my often wrong take on all this though.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
CAA absolutely has four locks. A potential fifth will be determined in comparison to Elon, who has the inside track on the last at-large assuming both the higher-ranked team wins on the road, which is no sure thing.

putter
November 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
going with a homer here, Cat/Griz. However, playoff wise, I went with W&M/Richmond. Will probably knock the loser out.

gbhmt
November 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
going with a homer here, Cat/Griz. However, playoff wise, I went with W&M/Richmond. Will probably knock the loser out.

It may not have playoff implications but I'd rather watch Griz/Cat than any other matchup in the season.

th0m
November 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM

UNH @ Maine
Holy Cross @ Colgate

You don't think the Richmond - W&M falls in the same category?

This is probably the hardest week...Besides all the playoff implications, this is also the week with all the big rivalries games like Harvard-Yale, Lehigh-Lafayette, UM-MSU, Richmond-W&M, etc. I'll refrain from voting xpeacex

MacThor
November 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Even though UR clearly deserves a bid over Elon -- even with a loss @ W&M -- if they expect to make any noise in the playoffs they should win a November road game @ W&M.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM
UNH Maine...not hard for me.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
UNH/Maine

This game has it all, playoff implications, family fights, ill will between friends and neighbors!!! I can't wait!!

Tribe4SF
November 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
UR@W&M is an elimination game. UNH@Maine is elimination for Maine, and potentially for UNH, but much less likely. If W&M wins, their victory at UNH will be hard for the committee to ignore. CAA South has the edge with JMU, UR, Villanova and W&M undefeated against the North, as well as UR's solid win over Elon.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I know my pick was a homer, but this game is always good and it has a possible playoff implications for the kitties.

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
BTW, Maine's last two trips to the playoffs saw them win in the first round @ McNeese and @ App St and they are the last team to beat AppSt in the playoffs. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

Since that win at App State though...how have they faired playoff/regular season wise xwhistlex

Grizzaholic
November 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Brawl has me homering it all the way.

19Duke97
November 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
With all respect this should have been broken out between two polls, one for playoff implications, one for rivalry implications, IMHO..

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Since that win at App State though...how have they faired playoff/regular season wise xwhistlex
I'm just saying be careful what you wish for come playoff time. :)

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
With all respect this should have been broken out between two polls, one for playoff implications, one for rivalry implications, IMHO..
There can be only one.

http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/highlander.jpg

19Duke97
November 17th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hahah LOL! ok

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm just saying be careful what you wish for come playoff time. :)

I'm wishing for Dayton to get in or Liberty and for them to come to the Rock

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
UNH - Maine to me is the top game.

I agree.

dback, there are a lot of lumberjacks in Maine! Word!:p

sharkeycox
November 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Cowboys and Da Bearsxsmiley_wix

UNHFootballAlum
November 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Though if W&M beats Richmond, I don't know if the North gets in over the Tribe.[/QUOTE]

In that case, Richmond would stay home and not maske the playoffs. The winner of the Maine/UNH game is a lock for the playoffs

catbob
November 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Maine/UNH has more national implications, but the game of the week for me and Montanans is the Brawl, no question.

R3TRO
November 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
UNH - Maine.... obvious homer pick but.... LET'S GO RICHMOND! xwhistlex

ur2k
November 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'm wishing for Dayton to get in or Liberty and for them to come to the Rock

That wouldn't even be any fun. xnodx

If you can drop 70 on Woff at the rock, how many would you be able to drop on Dayton ... by halftime?

GSUhooligan
November 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
McNeese and UCA

I can't stand one or both of the teams in the other matchups.

SU Jag
November 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Florida A&M vs Bethune-Cookmanxnodx

santosballnewhampshire
November 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
McNeese and UCA

I can't stand one or both of the teams in the other matchups.

Can I just ask, UNH or Maine? (both??)

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
EWU @ Weber... could decided if Weber gets the seed over Montana or not.

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Some games may have playoff implications, and some high-profile matchups, but come on...

It's really no contest. xlolxxnodx

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2008, 12:59 AM
EWU @ Weber... could decided if Weber gets the seed over Montana or not.I really hope EWU can play one game like the team of last year, and now would be the perfect time.

Go get 'em Eagles! xnodx

rcny46
November 18th, 2008, 10:04 AM

That was an odd comment he made.

BisonBabe
November 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
For me it is the NDSU v SDSU game. The FargoDome will be rocking this Saturday

Go...gate
November 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Colgate-Holy Cross. Ancient, old-school eastern football with a conference title on the line. It does not get much better than that on any level of football.

MTGrizzFan
November 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM
It may not have playoff implications but I'd rather watch Griz/Cat than any other matchup in the season.

same here

MTGrizzFan
November 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM
EWU @ Weber... could decided if Weber gets the seed over Montana or not.

I'm a big EWU fan this weekend

GeauxLions94
November 18th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Too lazy to read all the posts, but WTF is this?

View Poll Results: What is the I-AA game of the week?

UMass922
November 18th, 2008, 06:24 PM

UNH @ Maine
Holy Cross @ Colgate

Isn't Eastern Kentucky @ UT-Martin in the same category? I'm surprised not to see that game as one of the choices.

Grizo406
November 19th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Homerism at its best? Maybe, but I wouldn't trade my tickets to THE Brawl, for a combo-pack that included tickets to the Super Bowl, and a UFC event of my choice!??!

Scratch that part about the UFC...but I still wouldn't trade for SB tickets! That's how crazy this ***** is out here!

GOTW? Cat/Griz, IMO!!!

MavK9
November 19th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks UMASS922

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I know the OVC is (one of) the red headed step child and all but I was hoping we might get just a little love here. Just had to throw my name in the hat for homer of the week.

HensRock
November 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Should have specified NATIONAL Game of the Week.
Lot's of Cat/Griz homers picking that one, when truthfully this year's edition of the Brawl means very little on the national scale.

I went with W&M vs. Richmond. UNH/Maine and HC/Colgate are the only other viable choices IMHO.

The WM/UR game has implications not only for the 2 teams involved. In fact, it's outcome may end up making the UNH/Maine game irrelevant.

That's why I went with WM/UR.

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Lot's of Cat/Griz homers picking that one, when truthfully this year's edition of the Brawl means very little on the national scale.

I went with W&M vs. Richmond. UNH/Maine and HC/Colgate are the only other viable choices IMHO.

The WM/UR game has implications not only for the 2 teams involved. In fact, it's outcome may end up making the UNH/Maine game irrelevant.

That's why I went with WM/UR.Nationally the Brawl takes the cake. Best game, hands down. This might as well be the National Championship for both teams. It's that huge. xnodx:p

89Hen
November 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Isn't Eastern Kentucky @ UT-Martin in the same category? I'm surprised not to see that game as one of the choices.
Yup. I missed two. xoopsx

89Hen
November 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
HR, I gave up on expecting people to not be homers on this poll, but I keep posting it every week. :(

89Hen
November 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Too lazy to read all the posts, but WTF is this?
WTF is what? I've never used the other initials to describe I-AA football (noticed my title under my username). Before it was ever voted on I made it clear that it will always be I-AA football to me. xpeacex

ViennaSpider
November 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Richmond @ W&M, called "the South's Oldest Rivalry" in terms of number of games played (117 since 1898).

rcny46
November 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM

That's why I went with WM/UR.

How could the outcome of the UR-W&M game render the UNH-UMaine contest irrelevant? Are you saying that Richmond with 4 losses would get in before UNH @9-2 or Maine @9-3? I think that would be an impossibility,and that the winner of the latter game is automatically selected.If my wife let me,I'd bet the farm on that one.

GSUhooligan
November 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM

UNH. It's a combination of the playoff game in '04, ya'll getting in last year over us (I know we didn't have the D-I wins but we had more quality wins) and a certain one of your posters.

rcny46
November 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Uh oh,what'd I say this time.