PDA

View Full Version : JMU playoff rumor question

JMUfan2008
November 13th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Originally I thought there was no chance of JMU making it into the playoffs after we got our 4th loss. Now I'm starting to hear rumors that if UMass loses next week and we win, there's still a chance. Don't worry, I'm not counting on it happening, I'm just wondering if there's any truth to the speculation.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
JMU's season ends next week, no ifs, ands, or buts

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 05:19 PM
JMU's season ends next week, no ifs, ands, or buts
Done.. I'm sorry.. You're done.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM
After talking to someone close to things on Saturday, I can tell you that James Madison won't be on the board for discussion.

JMU Duke Dog
November 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Originally I thought there was no chance of JMU making it into the playoffs after we got our 4th loss. Now I'm starting to hear rumors that if UMass loses next week and we win, there's still a chance. Don't worry, I'm not counting on it happening, I'm just wondering if there's any truth to the speculation.

Is that dependent on Richmond losing to William & Mary too?

JMU Duke Dog
November 13th, 2005, 05:26 PM
After talking to someone close to things on Saturday, I can tell you that James Madison won't be on the board for discussion.

We're just trying to have some fun before then!

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

blukeys
November 13th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Keep dreaming. :rolleyes: You won't have 7 D-I wins. Hope you enjoyed thumping Lock Haven. ;)

ngineer
November 13th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Yes, unfortunately, I don't see the Dukes getting in regardless. If UMass goes down, the A-10 will lose another bid to the benefit of some bubble team. We were looking forward to a rematch! :( ;)

DTSpider
November 13th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Remember Dumb & Dumber? Like one in a million? So you're saying there's a chance.

I don't think JMU has much luck. Even if UMass & Richmond lose this week, all would be 7-4. UMass & Richmond both beat JMU and one of the losses was to 1A with no D2 schools on the schedule.

JMUfan2008
November 13th, 2005, 07:05 PM
thanks everybody, I was just making sure. And the only team that can gloat over us is Delaware. In every other game one play going the other way would have been a win for us.

blur2005
November 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
thanks everybody, I was just making sure. And the only team that can gloat over us is Delaware. In every other game one play going the other way would have been a win for us.
FACT.

GannonFan
November 14th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Why do these threads keep popping up? It's over for JMU with next week's game against Towson - come on, take a playoff elimination like a man. JMU at the best will be the 4th team from the A10, after UNH, UMass, and Richmond, the last two actually having beaten JMU on the field and the last two also without any DII games. There is no way on this Earth that the A10 gets 4 teams in, and it's almost a long shot to get the 3rd team in. JMU, at this point in time, has absolutely zero chance to make the playoffs. Just like my Hens. ;)

Catmendue2
November 14th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Why do these threads keep popping up? It's over for JMU with next week's game against Towson - come on, take a playoff elimination like a man. JMU at the best will be the 4th team from the A10, after UNH, UMass, and Richmond, the last two actually having beaten JMU on the field and the last two also without any DII games. There is no way on this Earth that the A10 gets 4 teams in, and it's almost a long shot to get the 3rd team in. JMU, at this point in time, has absolutely zero chance to make the playoffs. Just like my Hens. ;)

You are an honorable man my friend. JMU is toast, just plain and simple.

Catmendue2
November 14th, 2005, 08:57 AM
FACT.

If, if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his azz. Enuff already. :D

JMU Duke Dog
November 14th, 2005, 08:57 AM
GannonFan and Catmendue2 just don't know how to have fun. ;)

HensRock
November 14th, 2005, 09:00 AM
GannonFan and Catmendue2 just don't know how to have fun. ;)

OK, JMU has a better chance than Delaware. Happy?

bandl
November 14th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Please stop. You're killing JMU's reputation....or, at least once was a good reputation (sorry to those Villanova fans this past weekend....the younger student body is bringing this school's once admirable fanbase down the drain). We sound like whiny babys!

We have no chance. There are quite a few more worthly teams out there. It's as easy as that.

Be happy with what happened last year, hope for a better season next year.

JMU Duke Dog
November 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM
OK, JMU has a better chance than Delaware. Happy?

I am not too sure as Delaware's stadium seats over 20,000 people compared. ;)

FU97
November 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Sounds like Furman's story last year.

th0m
November 14th, 2005, 10:45 AM
FU97, it sounds like Furman's, Lehigh's, Delaware's, Richmond's, and Maine's story from last season ;) All those games were won with about a TD difference or less :D

89Hen
November 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I actually came up with a scenario for the Hens to make the playoffs. It involves beating Villanova next week and then winning 8 of the next 11. :p

griz37
November 14th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I actually came up with a scenario for the Hens to make the playoffs. It involves beating Villanova next week and then winning 8 of the next 11. :p
There is a reason you are the most respected poster on this board!!! :D