PDA

View Full Version : Best Chance for an Upset?

Pantherpower
November 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Southern Utah vs. UNI

Illinois State vs. SIU

EWU vs. Weber State

WCU vs. Appalachian State

uofmman1122
November 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
EWU over WSU.

PLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

xsmhxxprayx

Pantherpower
November 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM
UD vs. Villanova would've been a good one to post on here as well.

gbhmt
November 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
As for wishful thinking, go EWU.

As for reality, SUU probably has the best chance.

appstate1998
November 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'm going for Weber because they are already in and may not be paying much attention to this game. The same may be said about App....but it is WCU

Silenoz
November 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
EWU over Weber

Only underdog on the list that should of beaten a Big 12 team

gbhmt
November 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
EWU over Weber

Only underdog on the list that should of beaten a Big 12 team

I don't know if anybody but Texas can be told that they should have beaten the best team in the nation...

Silenoz
November 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I was referring to the Colorado game

Pantherpower
November 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I don't know if anybody but Texas can be told that they should have beaten the best team in the nation...

Man, I forgot that one of their losses was against Tech. Wasn't it a respectable game?

gbhmt
November 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I was referring to the Colorado game

Ohhh yeah that makes much more sense.

Man, I forgot that one of their losses was against Tech. Wasn't it a respectable game?

Yeah it was a good fight, they gave them a bit of a scare.

BigSouthFB
November 16th, 2008, 07:46 PM
No love for the Big South? I'm kidding but Elon-Liberty should be on there. of the ones on there I think WCU has a good change at an upset. Although Southern Utah could also get my vote. I think with AE being hurt and probably not playing next week WCU's chances are pretty good at knocking off ASU.

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I think most of these games involve wishful thinking by other teams with ulterior motives.
Montana fans are pulling for Weber, UNI fans are pulling for Ill State, etc.

Native
November 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
EWU over WSU.

xsmhxxprayx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

But it could happen. Seriously.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I voted EWU just because if the team that had so much potential shows up they have the best chance. Personally though I do not really see any of these happening.

coover
November 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I believe SUU, after their embarrassing loss this week, will be out to show that they are a better team than they have shown so far, and that UNI, while a good team, is not as good as they are rated. SUU's motivation will beat a complacent UNI team.

As for EWU beating Weber State, all I can say is Go, Eastern Washington. While Cal Poly believes they can beat Weber State anywhere, they'd rather do it in San Luis Obispo than in Ogden.

gbhmt
November 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I believe SUU, after their embarrassing loss this week, will be out to show that they are a better team than they have shown so far, and that UNI, while a good team, is not as good as they are rated. SUU's motivation will beat a complacent UNI team.

As for EWU beating Weber State, all I can say is Go, Eastern Washington. While Cal Poly believes they can beat Weber State anywhere, they'd rather do it in San Luis Obispo than in Ogden.

Yeah it's freakin cold in Ogden. xnodx

siuham
November 16th, 2008, 09:58 PM
EWU is a good possiblity, but ISU always plays SIU tough. Home/Away doesn't matter, we always seem to have trouble with them, so I chose that one.

CatFan22
November 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
MSU @ Montana

mvemjsunpx
November 17th, 2008, 12:33 AM
EWU over WSU.

xsmhxxprayx

Trust me, you don't want this. I mean, I understand about the shared conference title streak, but it's not helpful otherwise.

The only way Montana has any realistic chance at a seed is if Weber gets one, too. Even if Weber loses to EWU, the committee will probably still consider Weber ahead of UM because of the head-to-head win. If Weber loses to Eastern, they almost certainly won't get a seed, so neither will Montana.

Here's what I think will happen if Weber wins (assuming all other seed contenders win except Cal Poly):

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Weber
4. Montana/UNI/Villanova

And if Weber loses:

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Villanova/UNI
4. UNI/Villanova

joecooll6
November 17th, 2008, 12:52 AM

Still very little respect for the Purple People Eaters who haven't given up a touchdown in three games! I love it! Hopefully our future playoff opponent is thinking the same way you do.

Peems
November 17th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I chose EWU, because if the team played their best like they are capable of they could do it. Other part of me wants Weber to win, because I want Weber to go in on a hot streak and do well in the Playoffs

uofmman1122
November 17th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Trust me, you don't want this. I mean, I understand about the shared conference title streak, but it's not helpful otherwise.

The only way Montana has any realistic chance at a seed is if Weber gets one, too. Even if Weber loses to EWU, the committee will probably still consider Weber ahead of UM because of the head-to-head win. If Weber loses to Eastern, they almost certainly won't get a seed, so neither will Montana.

Here's what I think will happen if Weber wins (assuming all other seed contenders win except Cal Poly):

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Weber
4. Montana/UNI/Villanova
And if Weber loses:

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Villanova/UNI
4. UNI/VillanovaThere's no way in hell they'd give a seed to 10-2 UNI (non-conference champs) over, if WSU loses, an 11-1 Montana (Big Sky Co-Champions).

Never, ever, ever. The only thing keeping us from getting a seed right now is the fact that we haven't won our conference. If WSU loses, then we become Co-Champions, and they will give us a seed. You can take it to the bank. xnodx

Saluki09
November 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Weber
4. Montana/UNI/Villanova

And if Weber loses:

1. James Madison
2. App State
3. Villanova/UNI
4. UNI/Villanova

So by your logic of head to head, wouldn't the committee "consider SIU ahead of UNI" (Assuming we win this week of course)? xreadx

Saluki09
November 17th, 2008, 03:28 AM
There's no way in hell they'd give a seed to 10-2 UNI (non-conference champs) over, if WSU loses, an 11-1 Montana (Big Sky Co-Champions).

Never, ever, ever. The only thing keeping us from getting a seed right now is the fact that we haven't won our conference. If WSU loses, then we become Co-Champions, and they will give us a seed. You can take it to the bank. xnodx

Actually the worst UNI could do is Co-Champ...if SIU loses this week then they have it outright.

uofmman1122
November 17th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Actually the worst UNI could do is Co-Champ...if SIU loses this week then they have it outright.Ahh, I didn't know that. I thought SIU had a lock after last week.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. If Montana gets Co-Champion status, they're pretty much guaranteed a seed, since WSU falls out of seed contention, and 'Nova is the only team with an equal/slightly better resume than the Griz, unless Cal Poly beats Wisconsin.

So, if CP wins, WSU loses, then you could see
1.JMU
2. Cal Poly
3. Appy
4. Montana/Villanova

If CP doesn't win, and WSU loses, then it's almost surely
1. JMU
2. Appy
3. Montana/'Nova
4. 'Nova/Montana

xpeacex

joecooll6
November 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I think a young Montana squad may fall this week to a more highly charged rival looking to end their season with a bang. Grizzlies could be looking ahead to the playoffs, a team with little experience may be prone to doing that.