PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - Week 10

YaleFootballFan
November 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
The race for the 2008 Ivy League Football Championship will come down to the final weekend between as many as four teams vying for a share of the crown. 3 of the 4 games this Saturday has title implications.

Saturday, November 22nd
YALE at HARVARD, 12:00 pm (VERSUS, SIRIUS)
COLUMBIA at BROWN, 12:30 pm
PENN at CORNELL, 1:00 pm
DARTMOUTH at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK: Yale at Harvard: The 125th Edition of The Game. Yale has been looking forward to this game since getting embarrassed in last year's Ivy League Championship Game against Harvard. For the second straight season, both teams are still in the title hunt heading into The Game. Harvard just needs to win to capture at least a share of the championship. Yale has to beat Harvard and hope for a Columbia victory over Brown to claim a piece of the title with Brown, Harvard and maybe Penn. Saturday's Game will feature Yale's league leading defense against Harvard's high powered offense. Yale has already kept 3 Ivy teams out of the end zone this year, including Brown and Penn.

DUD OF THE WEEK: Dartmouth at Princeton. I actually think this will be a pretty decent game but because this is the only game that has no bearing on the Ivy League Championship, it's getting this weeks Dud of the Week honors.

PREDICTIONS: Last week I was 4-0 (now 39-9 on the season). This week I'm picking Yale, Brown, Penn and Princeton.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
The race for the 2008 Ivy League Football Championship will come down to the final weekend between as many as four teams vying for a share of the crown. 3 of the 4 games this Saturday has title implications.

Saturday, November 22nd
YALE at HARVARD, 12:00 pm (VERSUS, SIRIUS)
COLUMBIA at BROWN, 12:30 pm
PENN at CORNELL, 1:00 pm
DARTMOUTH at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK: Yale at Harvard: The 125th Edition of The Game. Yale has been looking forward to this game since getting embarrassed in last year's Ivy League Championship Game against Harvard. For the second straight season, both teams are still in the title hunt heading into The Game. Harvard just needs to win to capture at least a share of the championship. Yale has to beat Harvard and hope for a Columbia victory over Brown to claim a piece of the title with Brown, Harvard and maybe Penn. Saturday's Game will feature Yale's league leading defense against Harvard's high powered offense. Yale has already kept 3 Ivy teams out of the end zone this year, including Brown and Penn.

DUD OF THE WEEK: Dartmouth at Princeton. I actually think this will be a pretty decent game but because this is the only game that has no bearing on the Ivy League Championship, it's getting this weeks Dud of the Week honors.

PREDICTIONS: Last week I was 4-0 (now 39-9 on the season). This week I'm picking Yale, Brown, Penn and Princeton.

I hope you go 1-3 this week.

You know which "1", of course. ;)

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Harvardxnodx
Brown
Penn
Princeton

Yale won't keep Pizzotti out of the end zone.xwhistlex

brownbear
November 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping for Yale and Brown

Choose whatever you want in the other games, but if those go the right way, I'm happy.

Yale fans, I assume you're rooting for Columbia to win.

BTW, Penn and Princeton will win easily.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm hoping for Yale and Brown

Choose whatever you want in the other games, but if those go the right way, I'm happy.

Yale fans, I assume you're rooting for Columbia to win.

BTW, Penn and Princeton will win easily.

Hell, Harvard fans are rooting for Columbia to win!xnodx

YaleFootballFan
November 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hell, Harvard fans are rooting for Columbia to win!xnodx

And if there were any Penn fans on AGS, they'd say they'd be rooting for Columbia too! ;)

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
And if there were any Penn fans on AGS, they'd say they'd be rooting for Columbia too! ;)

There is one Penn fan: Phillies980 or something. Nice to have one guy to leave cleat-marks on.xcoolx

Harvard Worship
November 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Harvard by7
Brown by 17
Penn by 10
Princeton by 10

... and COLUMBIA has the most fans of any Ivy league team this week ... yeesh.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I hope Dartmouth wins. The only Ivy team on who I would wish a winless season is Penn.

brownbear
November 16th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I hope Dartmouth wins. The only Ivy team on who I would wish a winless season is Penn.

And who doesn't like it when Princeton loses?

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2008, 09:27 PM
And who doesn't like it when Princeton loses?

Go...gate. Sorry, Go...gate. But you want to dump Hughes anyway, right. xoopsx

bonarae
November 17th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Harvard by 3 (close, like in past years)
Brown by 10
Penn by 13
Princeton by 14

YaleFootballFan
November 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
And another Ivy League season comes to a close.

Everything is a final....

Harvard 10, Yale 0
Brown 41, Columbia 10
Penn 23, Cornell 6
Princeton 28, Dartmouth 10

Harvard and Brown share the 2008 Ivy League crown.

Poor Dartmouth finishes 0-10.

Coaches on the hot seat: Buddy Teevens, Roger Hughes and Jack Siedlecki.

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2008, 04:05 PM

Cornell people are not happy with Knowles, either. Especially since they started 3-0 and fell apart.

brownbear
November 22nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Cornell people are not happy with Knowles, either. Especially since they started 3-0 and fell apart.

I still can't figure out what happened to Yale against Cornell?

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM

Teevens is not the problem in Hanover.

Siedlecki is one year removed from last year's great run and you're trying to put him on the hot seat?

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Siedlecki is one year removed from last year's great run and you're trying to put him on the hot seat?

4-8 against Harvard = hot seat

YaleFootballFan
November 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Teevens is not the problem in Hanover.

When you lose to Harvard 7 times in the last 8 years you deserve to be on the hot seat. Not stating opinion, just the facts of life.

At Yale, you DON'T lose to Harvard. Period.

YaleFootballFan
November 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
I still can't figure out what happened to Yale against Cornell?

The same reason why they lost to Fordham, Penn and Harvard....NO OFFENSE.

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
When you lose to Harvard 7 times in the last 8 years you deserve to be on the hot seat. Not stating opinion, just the facts of life.

At Yale, you DON'T lose to Harvard. Period.

Yale-Harvard Football is turning into Yale-Harvard Crew. You know who is going to win, just the margin of victory is in doubt.

YaleFootballFan
November 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Saturday's attendance around the Ivy:

Yale at Harvard - 31,398 (sellout)
Brown at Columbia - 7,865
Penn at Cornell - 2,437
Dartmouth at Princeton - 7,113

I'm a little disappointed in Brown's attendance. I thought for sure they'd draw at least 10K for an Ivy League championship clinching game.

2,437 for Penn at Cornell doesn't surprise me. If it was basketball, I'd say That's It?!?!?! xrolleyesx

brownbear
November 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Saturday's attendance around the Ivy:

Yale at Harvard - 31,398 (sellout)
Brown at Columbia - 7,865
Penn at Cornell - 2,437
Dartmouth at Princeton - 7,113

I'm a little disappointed in Brown's attendance. I thought for sure they'd draw at least 10K for an Ivy League championship clinching game.

2,437 for Penn at Cornell doesn't surprise me. If it was basketball, I'd say That's It?!?!?! xrolleyesx

I was disappointed too. A lot of people were sitting on the visitors side, which means either Columbia had a lot of fans at the game, or Brown fans didn't want to sit in the shade and moved over to the other side to sit in the sun. Either way, a game with freezing temperatures doesnt get people out to the stadium. This past week, there was no buzz on campus about the Ivy League championship being played today, and as a result, there were not that many students (Though the ones that were there did storm the field after the game). Neg reps to the athletic department for not promoting this game as much as it should have been.

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Go...gate. Sorry, Go...gate. But you want to dump Hughes anyway, right. xoopsx

Princeton probably saved Hughes' job for another year. I did not see the game but my best friend and his son did. Damn, how Dartmouth has fallen on hard times.