PDA

View Full Version : Here are my playoff teams (11/13)

GSU Eagle
November 13th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Conference by conference:

A-10:
New Hampshire and Richmond. I am predicting a Mass loss at Hofstra and Massachusetts is out of playoffs.

Big Sky:
Montana. If Montana beats Montana St. they probably are the lone Big Sky entrant this year.

Big South:
Coastal Carolina gets in as one of the last 2-3 teams in.

Gateway:
Northern Iowa, Youngstown St. and Southern Illinois. SIU beats North Dakota St. to get in.

Great West:
Cal Poly gets in with win over Idaho St. in their finale.

MEAC:
Hampton is only team in. South Carolina St. is probably the first team out.

OVC:
Eastern Illinois is lone entrant.

Southern:
Appalachian St., Ga. Southern and Furman are all in.

Patriot:
Lehigh is only entrant.

Southland:
Nicholls gets autobid and Texas St. gets an at-large.

So my field is:
#1 New Hampshire
#2 Appalachian St.
#3 Montana
#4 Hampton

Plus:
Richmond, GSU, Furman, Lehigh, Texas St., Coastal Carolina, Eastern Illinois, Cal Poly, Nicholls St., Youngstown St., Southern Illinois, and Northern Iowa.

Pairings:
#1 New Hampshire (home) vs. Lehigh
Youngstown St. (home) vs. Eastern Illinois

#4 Hampton (home) vs. Richmond
Ga. Southern (home) vs. Coastal Carolina

#2 Appalachian St. (home) vs. Southern Illinois
Furman (home) vs. Northern Iowa

#3 Montana (home) vs. Texas St.
Nicholls St. (home) vs. Cal Poly

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
You think Nicholls will get the home game against Cal Poly? Won't Cal Poly put more butts in the seats.

And if those pairings do happen, sorry Tx State you are out in the first round playing at Montana.

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Here is my look at the playoffs. A few hard choices were made. The hardest was not to include more than 1 Patriot league team.
Bracket Side 1
YSU
#1 UNH (A10)

UMASS
Lehigh (Patriot)

Texas State (Southland)
GSU

Northern Iowa (Gateway)
#4 Hampton (MEAC)

Bracket Side 2
Cal Poly
#3 Montana (BigSky)

SIU
Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley)

Coastal Carolina
Furman

Richmond
#2 App State (SoCon)

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I'd say Tex St would be likely for a home game due to their attendance (averaging over 12K)

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Here is my look at the playoffs. A few hard choices were made. The hardest was not to include more than 1 Patriot league team.

Where's Nicholls St? Or are you expecting them to fall to McN? Nicholls has McN at home by the way in Thibodaux, not Lake Charles. Toughest place to play in the SLC, atleast my thoughts and I'm sure I'm not alone. Even "bad" Colonels teams seem to win in Thibodaux...

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 02:08 PM
If Nicholls is in then they would go to GSU, Texas State would go to Montana and Cal Poly is out.

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I think UNI Deserves a home spot as well as YSU...... But you got it right; 3 Gateway Teams.

Retro
November 13th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Where's Nicholls St? Or are you expecting them to fall to McN? Nicholls has McN at home by the way in Thibodaux, not Lake Charles. Toughest place to play in the SLC, atleast my thoughts and I'm sure I'm not alone. Even "bad" Colonels teams seem to win in Thibodaux...

Maybe againest BAD teams! Mcneese in fact has played better at Thibodaux againest nicholls than at home in recent years

Mcneese at nicholls

2003 - w
2001 - w
1999 - w
1997 - w
1995 - w
1992 - w

putter
November 13th, 2005, 10:17 PM
No way Poly comes to Missoula in the first round. I say they send a Gateway or SLC up.

1. UNH
Eastern Illinois

YSU
UMass

Coastal Carolina
GSU

Lehigh
4. Hampton

3. App St.
Nichols St

Richmond
Furman

UNI
Cal Poly

Texas St
2. Montana

Poly Pigskin
November 14th, 2005, 12:46 AM
If Nicholls is in then they would go to GSU, Texas State would go to Montana and Cal Poly is out.

Why does this force Poly out? I could understand if the BSC got multiple bids, but I don't think that will happen, and I also don't think 4 bids from western conferences is unreasonable.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 14th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Maybe againest BAD teams! Mcneese in fact has played better at Thibodaux againest nicholls than at home in recent years

Mcneese at nicholls

2003 - w
2001 - w
1999 - w
1997 - w
1995 - w
1992 - w

that's what i like to hear!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

McNeese75
November 14th, 2005, 01:32 PM

Usually only the toughest for Texas Teams ;)

89Hen
November 14th, 2005, 01:48 PM
No way Poly comes to Missoula in the first round. I say they send a Gateway or SLC up.
Really? If CPSLO is on the road, they are at Montana, no question in my mind.

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM
A team that is number five in the nation playing on the road to the #2 seed????? Wow is that some fuzzy math!

Try Nicholls at Montana and Cal Poly at TXST.

89Hen
November 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
A team that is number five in the nation playing on the road to the #2 seed????? Wow is that some fuzzy math!
2003: #4 (#1 GPI) Southern Illinois at #2 seed Delaware

blueballs
November 14th, 2005, 02:16 PM

Try Nicholls at Montana and Cal Poly at TXST.

Try New Hampshire #5 @ GSU #4 in the first round last year.

The commitee has a mind of its own. What they do often doesn't make sense to the pundits (us). Anything can and often does happen w/o rhyme or reason.