1:00 PM

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE
1:00 PM

Go...gate
November 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Already??? xconfusedx

Spoke
November 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM
He just wants something to root for after the loss to HC.

carney2
November 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Already??? xconfusedx

If you're "asking" why this thread is "up" on Saturday evening, that's the way it's been for well over a month now.

If you're "asking" if this is the final week "already," yup.

carney2
November 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE
Holy Cross plays the run better than Colgate plays the pass. Besides, my 6th sense tells me that the ‘saders would be more competitive in the playoffs than the Raiders, so this is as much a wish as a prediction.

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL
Somewhere, someone cares about this thing. Maybe. My prediction is that, after slogging to a 0-0 tie at the end of regulation in sub 40 temperatures in front of a few parents and KenZ, OTs will begin and KenZ will drift over to Sojka to dream. In the 2nd OT, even the parents will get bored and leave. At some point the final remaining game official will say fuhgeddaboutit and bail. Will anyone know who won this thing after it’s over?

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE
Suddenly this is a competitive – even a pick ‘em – game. Whodathunk! Unfortunately, it’s all based on negatives:

ChickenSquawks: A team that has not learned how to win; a team that concedes the final minutes to the opposition; an offense that sputters; a defensive secondary that leaks and leaks and…; a team that has a significant portion of the alumni looking for the coach’s head on a platter.

Pards: A team that has not figured out how to win a big game; a team that generally plays only the 1st 30 minutes; a running game that never got started; a defense that has not made a meaningful stop in over a month; a coach who took an apparently stable situation and created a quarterback controversy.

Yoiks! Two gangs that can't shoot straight. Does anyone have a coin that I can use? I’m deferring my decision until the second half.

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2008, 10:46 PM
What about the Georgetown vs. Coach Kevin Kelly matchup? I'm interested to see who comes out on top.

carney2
November 17th, 2008, 01:13 AM
What about the Georgetown vs. Coach Kevin Kelly matchup? I'm interested to see who comes out on top.

The time for Hoya bashing has passed. Time to chill out for a while, come back with a fresh pespective in a few weeks and ask ourselves if there was any progress. Are you hinting that Kelly may actually be gone?

letsgopards04
November 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
November 22

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - I hope the Crusaders can pull off the upset take the league title up in Hamilton.

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL - Fordham has really underwhelmed this season but I still take then here.

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE - I had high hopes for the Pards after the Liberty game but the wheels just seemed to fall of this team. I still think Frank gets the troops ready to play and win.

Go...gate
November 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm so pleased to see the unbridled confidence shown in Colgate so far...xlolx

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Lafayette

ngineer
November 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Goin' with the Cross. Having watched both, HC seems better balanced on both sides of the ball. Colgate's porous pass defense is the number 1 reason on this pick. If Lehigh's Clark can put up 340 yards, Randolph must be salivating. Colgate has to have break or two to jump ahead and pound the ball, which they are good at, to keep Randolph off the field. But even then, he doesn't need much time. Plus, Biddle has had his share and Gilmore needs this more (no rhyme intended). Crusaders 38-28.

Bucknell marred the Ram's golden season last year in NYC, so I think they can do it again. The year has been a bummer for Fordham, but Bucknell is about where most figured they'd be, and they have pushed some good teams, but couldn't finish. Bison 33-30.

I agree with Carney, that this 144th Edition is a real head scratcher because both teams seem to be head cases. The "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda Mountain Hawks" need to revert to their roots of "The Little Engin(eers) that Could" [borrowing form Sports Illustrated headline 22 years ago regarding the basketball team]. Not having played four good quarters of football yet this year, now seems about the time to do it.
I respect Tavani for his ability as a motivator, so if anyone can get his team to focus after Saturday's debacle, he can. However, I feel Lehigh is playing for something 'more' than Lafayette. The 'pards have already won 7 games. Lehigh believes it should (there's that word again) be 8-2. Instead, at 4-6, they NEED this game to make a statement that they have good players and can finally turn the corner. There's a difference between 'wanting' to win and 'needing' to win. Therefore I go with my homer pick of Lehigh 23-19.

LehighFan11
November 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Lehigh 23-19.
I like that score. How is Lafayette getting to 19?
2 TDs, 1FG, 1 Saftey?
1 TD, 4FG?
3 TDs only 1 made Extra point?

Should be entertaining.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I like that score. How is Lafayette getting to 19?
2 TDs, 1FG, 1 Saftey?
1 TD, 4FG?
3 TDs only 1 made Extra point?

Should be entertaining.

Lehigh lost 23-19 to Lafayette in 2005. I don't remember how Lehigh got their 19 points, just how Lafayette got their 18,19,20,21,22 and 23rd. xbawlingx

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I think the team with the black jerseys will win! I will be there for my 29th game!

TheValleyRaider
November 18th, 2008, 03:01 PM
3-0 last week, unbeaten for the 3rd consecutive week, pushing my record to 41-12 on the season. I've gone 15-2 in Patriot League games this year, with only 3 left

Holy Cross at Colgate Colgate What, you were expecting something different? The last couple of weeks, questions about Colgate's ability have arisen, their dimensionality (or lack thereof) has been criticized, and the virtues of Holy Cross' strengths extolled. And some of it has even been true. Here's what I also see: Colgate is 4-0 in games decided by 7 points or less (5-0 when the margin is 8), while Holy Cross is 2-3. Games like this are as much about nerve as they are skill, and Colgate has it in spades. The unrelenting run game outlasts the aerial assault, and the Raiders win another Title

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham This game is actually tougher to predict than one might think. For starters, Bucknell has actually won 4 of the last 5 meetings, and while the Rams were pretty bad some those years, the Bison weren't great shakes either. One of those wins even came last year, when Fordham had wrapped up the League title, beating every other League team the Bison had played (and lost to). A small measure of revenge for the Rams in a year that was played sorely below expectations

Lehigh at Lafayette Lafayette Definately the toughest game to pick. Both teams have struggled at points this year, for various reasons. Lafayette has the best win, at Liberty, but twice failed in close games against the PL's best. Similarly, Lehigh has come up oh so short on several occasions as well. Both teams played below lofty expectations, and for both it all ends today. In the end, it comes down to which team do I trust more? I'll have to go with the more consistent Lafayette offense to outlast Lehigh in a defensive struggle for their 5th in a row

letsgopards04
November 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
www.goleopards.com is instructing Leopard fans to wear black for a Black-Out. How lame is that?

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
www.goleopards.com is instructing Leopard fans to wear black for a Black-Out. How lame is that?

They are just trying to sell more merchandise by making people buy black lafayette clothes.

ColgateTD
November 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Colgate 28, HC 27 - 'Gate's battering ram "O" wins the vital 4th quarter and goes on to the Big Dance.
Fordham 21, Bucknell 17- vindication for a Rams' season that was sub-par to say the least.
Lafayette 35, Lehigh 21 - tough, tough call; going with LC passing attack and home field advantage.

Record: 43-10

DFW HOYA
November 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Not much to root for this week.

That having been said, Colgate did the right thing and took the no-contest instead of a forfeit when the norovirus derailed Georgetown's nascent playoff contention (just kidding, folks...) and they should get the bid if they win out.

I'll pick Colgate, Lafayette, and Bucknell.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Big Week, Like to finish off a great year.
Overall: 44-9
PL Games: 17-0

Fordham 24 Bucknell 21: Tough game to pick. I'll take the Rams to close out a dissapointing season against a Bison team still looking for direction.

Holy Cross 35 Colgate 24: This is HC's year to finally break through IMO. Randolph and the Crusader passing attack will be too much for the Raiders to overcome.

Lafayette 38 Lehigh 20: I'm confident Lafayette will be the better coached and prepared team on Saturday. Lehigh has shown zero ability to rise to the occaison and beat a formidable opponent. The only people picking Lehigh IMO are doing so out of homerism. The sad part is Lehigh will be in big trouble next year with their graduation losses. This streak might reach 7 or 8.

Bonus Pick
Temple 83 Lafayette 60: My Owls take it to the 'Pards on the eve of 144 up on the hill. Dionte Christmas and company send the Lafayette faithful home unhappy, atleast for a few hours.

colgate13
November 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Not a pick, but two tidbits:

1. Colgate's been real timely with turnovers this year. I suspect a 'gate win includes one or two in this contest as well.

2. No one is talking about the weather... Potential snow and game time temps in the 20s. That's a grind it out running climate if I ever saw it. If Colgate gets the kick off, takes off 7-8 minutes with a TD drive... it can be hard to get that old engine to turn over and respond with a passing attack!

Should be a good game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Not a pick, but two tidbits:

1. Colgate's been real timely with turnovers this year. I suspect a 'gate win includes one or two in this contest as well.

2. No one is talking about the weather... Potential snow and game time temps in the 20s. That's a grind it out running climate if I ever saw it. If Colgate gets the kick off, takes off 7-8 minutes with a TD drive... it can be hard to get that old engine to turn over and respond with a passing attack!

Should be a good game.

The new turf fields really diminish the effect the weather has on the game.

colorless raider
November 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Colgate
Lehigh
Bucknell

colgate13
November 19th, 2008, 02:09 PM
The new turf fields really diminish the effect the weather has on the game.

Mud or snow field conditions? Yes. Throwing, catching and holding on to the ball? It's still harder when it is cold and potentially wet/snow... IMO. :)

ngineer
November 19th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Mud or snow field conditions? Yes. Throwing, catching and holding on to the ball? It's still harder when it is cold and potentially wet/snow... IMO. :)

With the gloves the players wear today, I don't the cold is as much a factor as in years past. However, a cold wind will wreak havoc on any passing game.

ngineer
November 19th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Whatever happened to school colors??????xconfusedx xsmhx

ngineer
November 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Big Week, Like to finish off a great year.
Overall: 44-9
PL Games: 17-0

Fordham 24 Bucknell 21: Tough game to pick. I'll take the Rams to close out a dissapointing season against a Bison team still looking for direction.

Holy Cross 35 Colgate 24: This is HC's year to finally break through IMO. Randolph and the Crusader passing attack will be too much for the Raiders to overcome.

Lafayette 38 Lehigh 20: I'm confident Lafayette will be the better coached and prepared team on Saturday. Lehigh has shown zero ability to rise to the occaison and beat a formidable opponent. The only people picking Lehigh IMO are doing so out of homerism. The sad part is Lehigh will be in big trouble next year with their graduation losses. This streak might reach 7 or 8.

Bonus Pick
Temple 83 Lafayette 60: My Owls take it to the 'Pards on the eve of 144 up on the hill. Dionte Christmas and company send the Lafayette faithful home unhappy, atleast for a few hours.

Don't be confused by graduating seniors. We've had a lot of underclassmen playing this year. A few were/are close to starters and some very talented freshmen. With Clark more experienced, Walker healed up at TB, I think we should be okay. On defense, we've had a lot of underclassmen in the rotation doing well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Don't be confused by graduating seniors. We've had a lot of underclassmen playing this year. A few were/are close to starters and some very talented freshmen. With Clark more experienced, Walker healed up at TB, I think we should be okay. On defense, we've had a lot of underclassmen in the rotation doing well.

There will be no proven running back, the team loses it's best two LB's, their best player in the secondary,the top two WR's, along with an excellent O linemen. This team might only win 4 games this year. As currently constructed Lehigh will struggle to reach 4 or 5 wins next year. I don't see how you can say they will be improved next year given how much this team loses. Just consider how much of the offense the guys graduating account for and the % of tackles made by guys graduating.

DFW HOYA
November 20th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Whatever happened to school colors??????

They're maroon, right? It's been done before...

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/maroonout.shtml

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2008, 07:36 AM
They're maroon, right? It's been done before...

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/maroonout.shtml

Maroon & silver - sometimes black, depending on the mood.

Fordham
November 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
HC
Fordham
Lafayette

carney2
November 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Maroon & silver - sometimes black, depending on the mood.

Silver? Methinx you spent too much time at the College Hill Tavern during your days on The Hill.

carney2
November 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
The line for this week:

HOLY CROSS 1 1/2 over COLGATE

FORDHAM 4 over BUCKNELL

LAFAYETTE 10 over LEHIGH

ngineer
November 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
There will be no proven running back, the team loses it's best two LB's, their best player in the secondary,the top two WR's, along with an excellent O linemen. This team might only win 4 games this year. As currently constructed Lehigh will struggle to reach 4 or 5 wins next year. I don't see how you can say they will be improved next year given how much this team loses. Just consider how much of the offense the guys graduating account for and the % of tackles made by guys graduating.

There is a lot of talent in the soph and freshman classes, and btw, IMO, Matt Cohen has been our best LB this year and he returns. Should be pre-season All-American and a Buchannan candidate. Not to take anything way from Diamond, but I've heard Cohen's name called more in recent games.

hc12
November 21st, 2008, 03:44 PM
The line for this week:

HOLY CROSS 1 1/2 over COLGATE

FORDHAM 4 over BUCKNELL

LAFAYETTE 10 over LEHIGH

FORDHAM 21 bucknell 17
LAFAYETTE 28 lehigh 17
HC 38 colgate 21

CrusaderBob
November 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Last week. Let's get to it.

Last Week 3 - 0
This Year 41 - 12

Lafayette over Lehigh in the the battle of the L's
Fordham over Bucknell in the battle of the wild animals.

With no apologies to the L's THE GAME in the PL is in Hamilton this week. Championship football, the way it should be. On the field, not on a conference call.
For the first time in a long time a game that means everything for the Crusaders.
This just in: it will be cold and snowy in Hamilton in November.
On the field turf that's not a big deal.
It's been cold in Worcester all week, so that shouldn't bother the Crusaders.
Co-eds looking for Hoo Doo (or is it Scooby Doo or may be Doo Doo) under the stands at Andy Kerr.
Black out in the stands.
White Out on the field?
Many think that snow favors the Colgate running game.
BUT, not so fast my friends ...
The Crusaders will be in white and amid the snow, the Raiders of the Ladies Dorm will lose track of the HC players.
Holy Cross scores early. Colgate grinds it out on the ground, but all they run, is out of time.

Holy Cross wins and they're dancing in Worcester!

LeopardFan04
November 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Bucknell beats Fordham

Colgate grinds it out in the snow to beat Holy Cross

Lafayette pulls it together and knocks off Lehigh late

LehighFan11
November 22nd, 2008, 12:24 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Colgate