PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of the Upstate SC-Furman vs Wofford

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM
It's simple for Wofford- win and your in the FCS playoffs for the third time in school history and beat Furman at home for the first time since 1998.

For Furman- What microscopic chances they have at the playoffs rely on this game, if they win Wofford has to wait 2 more years to get that home win.

If anyone thinks that either team will come out flat they are wrong, Wofford players firmly believe that a loss could hurt and want to pull the second straight win. Furman has nothing to lose and will go all out.
This will be the first time I've been at a Wofford-Furman game since 2002. I can't waitxthumbsupx .

apaladin
November 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
If FU puts the same type of effort on the field next week that they did today WC wins in a cakewalk. However, now that they blew their playoff chances they could come out and play well with no pressure.

beauvighn
November 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I assure you that Furman will play their rear ends off next week. For some reason they don't seem to like us very much.

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
The key of the game for Furman is to stop the run. The key of the game for Wofford is to stop the pass. If Wofford plays D like we did against Samford and Elon than we could be set.

catamount man
November 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Wofford 31-20.

matfu
November 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
The key of the game for Furman is to stop the run. The key of the game for Wofford is to stop the pass. If Wofford plays D like we did against Samford and Elon than we could be set.

I think we (furman) will stop the pass FOR you. our passing game is only average. In fact, if you all left us on the field by ourselves for a whole quarter, I am not sure we could score. We are a pretender this year, not a contender.

The Cats
November 16th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Wofford, no doubt. xcoffeex

(but I said that BEFORE they played the mountaineers as well)