November 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM
WCU over asu (upset of the year)
Wofford over Furman
Elon over Liberty (Liberty loses big)
Samford over UTC (no conference wins for UTC
Florida over The Citadel

catamount man
November 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
WCU (no way can I pick APP even when they are the better team)
Wofford
Elon
Samford (good showing in '08 gentlemen)
Florida

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

beauvighn
November 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
How will Elon respond to the App loss. If they are not ready Liberty will get them.

Wofford will take care of Furman , though I think it will be close.

WCU could not beat App if they played with 15 players .

The UF managers and grad. asst's would beat Cit. by 3 scores.

appstate1998
November 15th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Furman beats Wofford by 10 in an unexpected win
App Beats WCU by 17
Chatt stuns Samford and wins by a field goal
Citadel beats wait you said florida? Florida plays its scout team and wins by 50 plus
Elon eats Liberty's heart out and wins by 24

apaladin
November 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Will El Cid come closer than the Lamecocks?

beauvighn
November 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Probably.... Oscar Meyer will probably show mercy on the bellhops. You know..the Miliatry connection and all. On another thought, I bet he would run over his mother if he thought his team could score another useless touchdown.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Wofford 28 FU 24
App. State 31 WCU 28
El Cid 56 Florida 3
Samford 35 Chatty 3

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Wofford 28 FU 24
App. State 31 WCU 28
El Cid 56 Florida 3
Samford 35 Chatty 3

That would be 100x App over Michigan

ElonFirefighter
November 15th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Wofford 28 FU 24
App. State 31 WCU 28
El Cid 56 Florida 3
Samford 35 Chatty 3

We're talking about football, not....... Well The Citadel is not really good at anything.

matfu
November 15th, 2008, 10:21 PM
wofford 1,000 furman zero

rcny46
November 15th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Florida over The Citadel xeekx

blitz4
November 16th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Wofford-35, FU-21
Western-35, App-32
Samford-35, UTC-7
Elon-28, Lib-21

*Ok so I went out on a limb with the app/western, I think it will be less than a 2 score game.

mountaineer_dax
November 16th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I honestly don't see how WCU could stop app's run game because WCU's defense is suspect at best. While WCU's offense has improved some i don't think they could handle a shoot out. (I honestly believe Armanti will sit out this game).

Terriors and Furman a close game. But the running game for wofford carries them over.

Elon has an amazing game and blows out liberty.

Citadel suffers the same fate as south carolina.

Samford curb stomps utc and runs their steam engine off the tracks.

BALD EAGLE
November 16th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hopefully, Furman beats Wofford, makes the playoff and beats ASU in the National Championship Game!!!

Having attended 8 National Championship games and 43 playoff games I definitely believe the playoffs are more exciting than the bowl games.

I much prefer Ga. Southern having an opportunity to play 4 extra games and win a National Championship than having an opportunity to play in one of the many bowl games just to win a trophy from the "Tidy" Bowl!!!

Sorry for getting away from the topic but I do love playoff football and WILL BE PULLING FOR ALL THE SOCON TEAMS.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

6 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

A 38 & 10 PLAYOFF RECORD

THE NEXT BEST IS 25 & 7

AND YES I AM CONFIDENT MY BELOVED EAGLES WILL BE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS VERY SOON UNFORTUNATELY NOT SOON ENOUGH

BALD EAGLE
November 16th, 2008, 01:25 AM
elon Firefighter as for your statement "Well The Citadel is not really good at anything".

I think you need to study your SoCon history a little more if you think The Citadel is not good at anything.

I would suggest you begin with Baseball.

But just in case you cannot find that information I will help you out.

FOR MANY YEARS THE CITADEL HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST BASEBALL PROGRAM IN THE SOCON.

BTW, The Citadel & Ga. Southern went to the College World Series in 1990. When was the last time Elon went to the CWS?

GO EAGLES

Boots Harvey
November 16th, 2008, 08:26 AM
ASU should absolutely destroy WCU even with 3rd string players.
Chatty is bad. Period. Samford should be ashamed if they lose this one.
Citadel? Well, they have a great new stadium in Charleston. At least one side is. Oh, the game, sorry. Money from game will help build out the other side. Could be the future home of the FCS title game.
Elon loses to Liberty.
The SoCon refs will still suck and will continue to be an embarrassment to our conference. Until Don Lucas and SoCon "Commish" John are removed from their jobs, this will continue to be the case.

If you doubt that last statement, just watch the Furman vs. GSU game. Both coaches, teams and fans were ready to kick the refs out of Greenville.

Boots Harvey
November 16th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Citadel? Well, they have a great new stadium in Charleston. At least one side is. Oh, the game, sorry. Money from game will help build out the other side. Could be the future home of the FCS title game.

Elon loses to Liberty.

The SoCon refs will still suck and will continue to be an embarrassment to our conference. Until Don Lucas and SoCon "Commish" John are removed from their jobs, this will continue to be the case.

If you doubt that last statement, just watch the Furman vs. GSU game. Both coaches, teams and fans were ready to kick the refs out of Greenville.

phillyAPP
November 16th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Elon loses to Liberty.

Not only are the refs BAD, they act like its no big deal !! Not arrogant but just that a bad call doesn't affect the game or that it wont impact there job as a ref.
Do they really watch the tapes after the games?
They are out of position and mark the spots wrong so many times in EVERY game that it should be a crime.

phoenixphanatic21
November 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Elon loses to Liberty.

And have you read any of the reaction from the App-Elon game? Oh I can't wait for the day we get halfway decent refs....if that day ever comes xbawlingx

App beats Western with Western making it close in the second half after App takes a big early lead.
Furman is angry after the loss to GSU. They will also be mad after this week when they lose to Wofford.
Samford beats UTC and all the UTC fans start looking forward to basketball season.
Florida destroys the Citadel. And what's with Florida playing SoCon teams this late in the season? First WCU, now Citadel?
Elon beats Liberty knowing that this game determines whether or not they make the playoffs. The team's motto this year was "Finish" and that is exactly what they will do here.

RazorEdge19
November 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Appalachain (8-2) @ Western (3-8)

Western may not win this game, but how they play could have a big impact on the playoffs. Armanti's banged up after Elon, and Western comes in with a hard-nosed hard-hitting team. If they hit Armanti early, they could force him from the game and greatly increase their odds of victory. They key is Western's defense. If they can force Armanti out of the game, they will have created an opportunity to keep it close. A win here would make Coach Wagner's first year a huge success.

Furman (7-4) @ Wofford (8-2)

Furman's playoffs hopes ended last week. A loss to Georgia Southern at home to make the Paladins 7-4 really eliminated them from playoff contention this week. Coupled with Wofford's shut down of Samford's offense (56 yards rushing allowed, 130 yards passing) and it appears as if the Terriers may have gotten their confidence back after the Haloween debacle. If Furman can't get their running game going and move the sticks, then Wofford's offense will keep the ball for long drives and force Furman's hand. Wofford feels like they need to win this game to make the playoffs. They key will be Furman's defense. If they can't get off the field, then Furman's playoff chances are truly dead.

Elon (8-3) @ Liberty (8-2)

Elon is a better team then Liberty. Though they lost to App, they lost by only 8 which is more then some teams can say (Wofford). Whoever wins this game, is in the playoffs most likely. Elon's passing attack is similar to Presby's, and we saw how Liberty handled that. If Liberty can't slow down Elon's offense, then it won't matter how often they get the ball.

Samford @ Chattanooga

Chattanooga showed some life at the Citadel last week, while Samford got shlacked by Wofford. Samford is the better team, hands down, but something tells me the Mocs have a real possibility to send their coach out with a win at home...if they are able to score.

The Citadel @ Florida

Tim Tebow's line for the game. 1 play. 1-1 1 TD 56 yards. He and the rest of the starters depart the game after 1 play. The Florida backups win by 56 points or more.

catamount man
November 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Elon loses to Liberty.

And Don Lucas is a WCU alum. How you think that makes US feel? You guys got hosed on that "timeout" call yesterday.

ElonFirefighter
November 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM
elon Firefighter as for your statement "Well The Citadel is not really good at anything".

I think you need to study your SoCon history a little more if you think The Citadel is not good at anything.

I would suggest you begin with Baseball.

But just in case you cannot find that information I will help you out.

FOR MANY YEARS THE CITADEL HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST BASEBALL PROGRAM IN THE SOCON.

BTW, The Citadel & Ga. Southern went to the College World Series in 1990. When was the last time Elon went to the CWS?

GO EAGLES

Take a chill pill it was more of a shot at there football team. Yes I know in recent history they have a great baseball team, gives us trouble in the tourny every year. In past they have had a good football team too. It just so hard to resist a cheep shot when your down in the 4th with less then 10 min left to UTC

SU DOG
November 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM
As for Samford at UTC, I am really concerned about the "win one for the gipper" possibility. UTC just isn't as bad as they have played - as evidenced by their game vs The Citadel. Our confidence might not be at its best also, after the Wofford whipping yesterday.

Boots Harvey
November 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
And Don Lucas is a WCU alum. How you think that makes US feel? You guys got hosed on that "timeout" call yesterday.

There were several calls which both teams could think they each "hosed" on. Seemed to be a lot of "no calls" as well. And, when they did make a call, the refs huddled up a several minutes to discuss it. First half not as bad though. Second half ...truly an embarrassment. Regarding the "time out" call, I think you are referring to when the GSU defensive player called timeout even when they didn't have any left. I believe the actual ruling is like basketball. The ref should have ignored the attempt. There is not a penalty...I think.

straightshooter
November 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Boots, you are correct. The rule is that the referee should ignore the request. No penalty.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Forgot to do my prediction for Elon-Liberty. Let's look at their common opponents.

Elon beats Presbyterian 66-12
Liberty loses to Presbyterian 31-28

Elon beats WCU 33-14
Liberty beats WCU 19-16

If it was one game I would preobably not bring it up but these should definitly raise eyebrows.

Elon wins 34-13

blueballs
November 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Boots, you are correct. The rule is that the referee should ignore the request. No penalty.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/Football_Rulesadc982b5-03fb-4e27-828c-c2d26b95e6c1.pdf

Section 3 : Timeouts Article 1.B :

"b. When a team’s timeouts are exhausted and it requests a timeout, the
official should not acknowledge the request."

appirishmen
November 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Appalachian over Western-AE gets a break and the young gun shows his stuff

Wofford over Furman- a good game but wofford gets the W

Elon over Liberty- After the loss to App, Elon takes out the Liberty QB on a late hit.....just kidding.....Elon feels the pressure to make the playoffs and get the W

Samford rolls over Chattanooga
Florida rolls over The Citadel

The Cats
November 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
AE gets a break and the young gun shows his stuff

Just what "stuff" is he gonna show????? xeyebrowx

WCU LawCat
November 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I actually think if AE can go he will start and continue to play unless he gets hurt again...or App (gulp) is able to get a big lead.

Eaglesrus
November 17th, 2008, 07:46 AM
There were several calls which both teams could think they each "hosed" on. Seemed to be a lot of "no calls" as well. And, when they did make a call, the refs huddled up a several minutes to discuss it. First half not as bad though. Second half ...truly an embarrassment. Regarding the "time out" call, I think you are referring to when the GSU defensive player called timeout even when they didn't have any left. I believe the actual ruling is like basketball. The ref should have ignored the attempt. There is not a penalty...I think.

Absolutely true. During halftime I said that I thought this was the best officiated game we'd been in all season, then it was like a new bunch had shown up who had never called a game before. To me those long conferences to discuss the penalties really emphasize the appearance that they don't have a clue of what they're doing. Then "time out for a measurement, oh, no, we don't need to measure", what is wrong with these guys?

appfan2008
November 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM

Samford @ Chattanooga

The Citadel @ Florida

appmaj
November 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Wofford 31 Furman 21
Appalachian State 51 WCU 17
Florida 48 The Citadel 6
Samford 24 UTC 21
Elon 13 Liberty 10

OLDMAIN80
November 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Samford @ Chattanooga

The Citadel @ Florida

What he saidxthumbsupx

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Appalachian St. 42 WCU 24 (Armanti needs 24 total yards for 10,000 in his career and 110 rushing for 1000 rushing this season-probably doesn't factor in at all about whether or not he plays, but it is something to watch for if he does)
Wofford 28 Furman 24
Florida 63 The Citadel 7
Samford 35, UTC 20
Elon 28, Liberty 17

SU 82
November 17th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Wofford 34, Furman 20
App. State 56, Western Carolina 23
Elon 31, Liberty 14
Florida 66, The Citadel 10
Samford 24, Chattanooga 7

walliver
November 17th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Appalachian vs. Western - I would like to think that the 'cats have a chance. I would also like to think I have a chance of winning the lottery. ASU by 28

Wofford by 21 over Furman. I'm a homer.

Samford vs UTC. Samford has a much better team, but this is Rodney Allison's last game and the Mocs pull an upset by 2.

Elon vs. Liberty. Elon has a much better team. Unfortunately last year's team faded (crashed and burned) down the stretch. This years team has a little more maturity and pulls out a 7 point win.

THE Citadel vs. Tim Tebow. Think ASU vs Michigan, think David over Goliath. Think Rambo defeating the entire North Vietnamese Army. Those things are believable, the bull-pups winning is not. Florida by 42.