PDA

View Full Version : UNI's ranking

Pantherpower
November 13th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Man, I gotta say this. Anyone who is voting in the AGS poll who has SIU ahead of UNI should not be allowed to have their vote counted. Just ranks too high on the stupidity meter for me. Now, where you put UNI overall, hey, that's your call. But, to have them behind SIU with a win head to head over them and an identical record is just blatantly wrong. IMO, UNI earned their way into the top 10 with 3 consecutive wins over teams ranked 11th, 6th, and 4th at the time.

Posted this on the AGS Poll forum as well.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Do you think the outcome would have been different had the game been in Carbondale ? SIU controlled that game for 3 1/2 quarters. A questionable fumble call on Jones stopped a potentially game killing drive. That being said no excuses UNI won the game. All the credit in the world to UNI for doing what they do to over 95 % of the visitors to the dome, but lets be real and say that if they played 10 times each team would win 5. Don't be surprised if SIU is still ranked ahead according to the polls. Polls don't mean a damn thing and if SIU can't win at home Saturday then they will be watching the rest of 1AA play the following week. Congrats to UNI you played hard and deserved to win as you were the better team on your turn last night. Go take care of business and make the GFC proud in the playoffs, just hope we join you. Hope SIU can respond with a victory verse a very tough NDSU team.

nmatsen
November 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Do you think the outcome would have been different had the game been in Carbondale ? SIU controlled that game for 3 1/2 quarters. A questionable fumble call on Jones stopped a potentially game killing drive. That being said no excuses UNI won the game. All the credit in the world to UNI for doing what they do to over 95 % of the visitors to the dome, but lets be real and say that if they played 10 times each team would win 5. Don't be surprised if SIU is still ranked ahead according to the polls. Polls don't mean a damn thing and if SIU can't win at home Saturday then they will be watching the rest of 1AA play the following week. Congrats to UNI you played hard and deserved to win as you were the better team on your turn last night. Go take care of business and make the GFC proud in the playoffs, just hope we join you. Hope SIU can respond with a victory verse a very tough NDSU team.

There is not a question that is a different game in Carbondale. Your guys played a fantastic game last night, I really think your guys got wore down late, it was about 85 degrees in the dome by the end of the game with all those people in there. (don't think Farley didn't crank the heat up too)

That being said, I would also be very disapointed if we were rank behind you as well. Heres why:

Head to Head- Adv. UNI
1-A Losses (SIU vs Directional Mich) (UNI vs Iowa) ADV-UNI
1-AA Losses UNI & SIU got taken to the wood shed by ISU
UNI lost to MSU on the road without their all world quarterback (would have came through with him) and if Scifres makes one freaking kick SIU loses to them at home.

There is really no reason what so ever that SIU should be rank above UNI, if there is please point it out to me, I will be happy to listen!

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 12:46 PM
SIU and UNI are very evenly match, ranking are useless as they are only peoples opinions who very rarely know anything other than the teams records and scores of their games. UNI is the automatic bid winner and beat us head to head so realistically the deserve to be ahead of us. Question is will their 10 place difference in the polls before the game and it being such a close game bring UNI up enough and SIU down enough for that to happen. My gut says unfortunately for UNI fans probably not. I think they are both somewhere around 7 & 8 in the polls (deserving or not).

Best of luck next week, you can prepare for the playoffs while we prepare beat a solid NDSU team to get our invite.

PantherMan
November 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
UNI will be in the top 10 this week. I believe that SIU should also be included in a top 10, as they have a solid team that ran into a buzzsaw in the 4th quarter known as "Dome Magic".

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM
well put pantherman . buzz saw is right! what is uni's all time record in the dome? something like 137-8 :eek:

OL FU
November 13th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Man, I gotta say this. Anyone who is voting in the AGS poll who has SIU ahead of UNI should not be allowed to have their vote counted. Just ranks too high on the stupidity meter for me. Now, where you put UNI overall, hey, that's your call. But, to have them behind SIU with a win head to head over them and an identical record is just blatantly wrong. IMO, UNI earned their way into the top 10 with 3 consecutive wins over teams ranked 11th, 6th, and 4th at the time.

Not sure where I will placed them at this time, but I guess I shoudl weigh the stupidity meter against the homer meter :rolleyes:

Pantherpower
November 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Homer meter?? Identical records in conference with UNI winning head to head. Jeg's post is right on when you compare. Please point out who in the Gateway is hotter than or holds a better conference record than UNI? Regardless of ranking, if UNI beats NAU next weekend, they deserve to host a 1st round game.

MiloCat
November 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
If the team keeps winning, the rest will take care of itself. I agree that UNI gets a home game with a win next week, but they have to win first. NAU is better than their record, and they probably haven't forgotten last year, so don't count on it being easy.

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Who cares who SIU or UNI or anyone is ranked.. All that matter is the selection show at 1 on espnews next Sunday..

So who cares. YSU Could be 25 for all I care; but chances are good we are going anyways.

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM

DON'T BEG FO' VOTES.....CAT-LAD!.......YER BEGINNIN' TA SOUND LIKE JOE BIDEN!........... :nod::rotateh::nod:......................AWK!