PDA

View Full Version : Wagner vs. UA

GD84
November 15th, 2008, 11:58 AM
UA with a win takes the NEC Title outright. McCarty going for single and career rushing records today for UA.

GD84
November 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
9-5 UAlbany in the 2nd Quarter. UA scored a TD, but had the extra point blocked and ran back for a safety. McCarty has 14 carries 52 yards. He is now the single season rushing leader. 4 yards from the career mark.

GD84
November 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
16-5 UAlbany...McCarty becomes the all-time and single season rushing leader with a TD!

JMG1MON
November 15th, 2008, 02:06 PM
GD, who do you think is winning Offensive player of the year?? Sinisi or McCarty??

GD84
November 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I am going to be upset if McCarty doesn't win it. I mean frankly, if UA doesn't have McCarty, they do not win the conference...I truly feel that way. He is an MVP, period...

JMG1MON
November 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Don't know who will win it. Albany played a much much more difficult schedule, meaning McCarty's stats aren't going to be as big as Sinisi's. All i know is I will be really really angry if Sinisi doesn't get first team with McCarty!!

GD84
November 15th, 2008, 02:23 PM
30-5 in the 4th...NEC TITLE IS UA'S!!!!

I think both will make first team. It just annoys me that Sinisi is getting recognition nationally (award nominee) and not McCarty. But that is because that award pads the TD's, which McCarty does not have much of. But that shows how much McCarty opens the door to allow Esposito to find guys in the endzone when they get in the redzone.

JMG1MON
November 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I agree whole heartedly GD. Also, Esposito has a bunch of short td runs (more sneaks than runs) and that has cost McCarty td's!!

CRAZY_DANE
November 15th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Great win for Albany.

Time for UA to find a home in full schollie football.

Seawolf97
November 15th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I still think you should have gone South with us. We just got finised running all over VMI today SBU 40 VMI 26. Now we have 2 1000 yard plus backs returning next year Cutino and Gowins.

aceinthehole
November 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Congrats!A great seaon for UA. Now they MUST win the GIC!

Albany has found the perfect fit (for now) in the NEC. Keep building the program and invest in facilities/NEC max schollys unitil a CAA split.

SBU is no better off than when it left the NEC. We will have the AQ the same season the BS does!!!

I do look forward to a day when the all America East football teams join forces in one conference with some regional affiliates! What both teams (UA and SBU) are doing now is just buying time until a better option is available - neither is truly happy where they are.

IMO - Albany has been the steady hand, whle SBU has just been very anxious.

downbythebeach
November 16th, 2008, 10:22 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!