PDA

View Full Version : Worst Coach in bball

footballfan13
November 14th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Another college basketball season and another houston fancher meltdown. I am a huge Appalachian fan and I have really tried to get behind the basketball team, partly because no one ever goes to games and I feel like they could be pretty good from what I read and the 1 game I go to a year.

But can you really blame people for not going? I mean Fancher has blown more leads in the last 5 minutes of games just by being there than anyone I can ever think of. Anyone who was there will remember CofC last year when ASU was up 8 with 2 to go. Of course, Cremmins on the other sideline had outcoached us all day but damn, all Houston had to do was leave the building and APP wins.

In case you missed it, Appalachian was up 20 points with 5 to go tonight against UNCW and completely folded to loose the game in OT note UNCW scored 59 in the 2nd half. A consistent theme again, 0 defense and the typical Fancher 'see how fast you can get over half court and throw up a 3' gameplan was in effect- again, note the 108-101 score.

I hate to be this way about the place I went to school, but for a team with a lot of returning talent, picked near the top of the league, playing against a team picked at the bottom of their league, to revert back to the same ways is just downright pathetic. Does anyone else who follows CBB notice the same thing or has just no one ever been to a game. whatever the answer houston has to go.

JMU DUUUKES
November 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Dean Keener game over

proasu89
November 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Another college basketball season and another houston fancher meltdown. I am a huge Appalachian fan and I have really tried to get behind the basketball team, partly because no one ever goes to games and I feel like they could be pretty good from what I read and the 1 game I go to a year.

But can you really blame people for not going? I mean Fancher has blown more leads in the last 5 minutes of games just by being there than anyone I can ever think of. Anyone who was there will remember CofC last year when ASU was up 8 with 2 to go. Of course, Cremmins on the other sideline had outcoached us all day but damn, all Houston had to do was leave the building and APP wins.

In case you missed it, Appalachian was up 20 points with 5 to go tonight against UNCW and completely folded to loose the game in OT note UNCW scored 59 in the 2nd half. A consistent theme again, 0 defense and the typical Fancher 'see how fast you can get over half court and throw up a 3' gameplan was in effect- again, note the 108-101 score.

I hate to be this way about the place I went to school, but for a team with a lot of returning talent, picked near the top of the league, playing against a team picked at the bottom of their league, to revert back to the same ways is just downright pathetic. Does anyone else who follows CBB notice the same thing or has just no one ever been to a game. whatever the answer houston has to go.

I feel your pain and posted such in the appropiate forum. Not trying to lecture here but this is the FCS football forum. Not the all things ASU board. The "Other Sports" forum is the correct place for this rant.xthumbsupx

blueballs
November 15th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Brian Van Richard Cranium... he was so bad that it infected every other sport not only on GSU's campus, but in the entire southeastern U.S.

proasu89
November 15th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Brian Van Richard Cranium... he was so bad that it infected every other sport not only on GSU's campus, but in the entire southeastern U.S.

xlolx That's quite an accomplishment.

Hoyadestroya85
November 15th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Phil Martelli..

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Phil Martelli..

But he's a legend in his own mind!:p

And it's Doctor Phil Martelli to you!xrotatehx

Hoyadestroya85
November 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM
But he's a legend in his own mind!:p

And it's Doctor Phil Martelli to you!xrotatehx

He told me that it was Dr. Jesus Martelli.. interesting

stevdock
November 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Is this a way of saying App. St's season is over?? I know we don't talk basketball up here until football season is over. Unfortunately we've had way too much basketball talk the last month or so.

South Carolina Duke
November 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Dean Keener game over

Agreed! Let's see how the new guy does.