PDA

View Full Version : Watch Coastal

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Watch Coastal move up in the rankings tomorrow after beating one of the most dreadful programs in Div II yesterday. Not just a Div II, but an atrocious embarrassing D II. And those f'ers even scored on the Chants.
Count on it.

Note to Ralph. I won't surprised if ya move this to Smack. But smacking a D-II should be kosher IMOP. :D

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Watch Coastal move up in the rankings tomorrow after beating one of the most dreadful programs in Div II yesterday. Not just a Div II, but an atrocious embarrassing D II. And those f'ers even scored on the Chants.
Count on it.

Note to Ralph. I won't surprised if ya move this to Smack. But smacking a D-II should be kosher IMOP. :D

In defense, and yes you are reading this right, Mansfield scored on the backups(Senior Day), but still, that doesn't bode well if someone gets hurt

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 08:58 AM
In defense, and yes you are reading this right, Mansfield scored on the backups(Senior Day), but still, that doesn't bode well if someone gets hurt

Actually, Mansfield scored on the first drive. went up 8-0 on Coastal. Coastal did not have the back-ups in on the first series of the game. They're not that cocky. Surely all the seniors didn't make up the second string.
Sounds like Coastal spin for the selection committee and kool-aid for the fans.

BigApp
November 13th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry guys,

Mansfield scored on their opening possession, against starters (not backups) on Senior Day. The game was tied 8-8 at the end of the 1st quarter.

But give 'em credit, they pulled away as any 1-AA team (good or bad) should against bad D2 teams.

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Actually, I think I read that Mansfield scored on the first drive.

yeah, they did, and most of the guys in were Seniors who weren't starters, atleast that was i was informed by bodoyle

coastalalum
November 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
app fans starting another negative thread about ccu??? i really love that you guys just can't seem to stop talking about us. i guess we chants should be flattered! :rolleyes:

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:03 AM
We started all of our seniors yesterday - Senior Day. We did have some starters in and we shouldn't have let Mansfield score. We didn't let them score again. We even took it easy on them as we started pulling our starters early in the 2nd quarter.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Why do App fans feel the need to bash Coastal at every opportunity? Do we really need any more threads dedicated to trashing the CCU schedule, yeah it's not that great get over it :rolleyes:

If my team was virtually guaranteed a playoff spot, multiple home games and a top 5 ranking, I doubt I would spend most of my time bashing a non-conf opponent

GoGSU
November 13th, 2005, 09:07 AM
playoffs prediction for Chants..............1ST ROUND and "Goodbye"

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2005, 09:07 AM
app fans starting another negative thread about ccu??? i really love that you guys just can't seem to stop talking about us. i guess we chants should be flattered! :rolleyes:

stop lumping us together, i'm defending your A$$, if I shouldn't then please tell me

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Why do App fans feel the need to bash Coastal at every opportunity? Do we really need any more threads dedicated to trashing the CCU schedule, yeah it's not great get over :rolleyes:

appholes

:eek:
:lmao:

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Bull****. Just trying ONCE AGAIN to correct the mis-information put out by some Coastal folks.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Bull****. Just trying ONCE AGAIN to correct the mis-information put out by some Coastal folks.

What misinformation?

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM
yeah, they did, and most of the guys in were Seniors who weren't starters, atleast that was i was informed by bodoyle

Nope. The guy who made most of the tackles on the first drive by Mansfield was Chambers who has been starting all along. At least that's according to the Coastal Carolina website's participation chart.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
What misinformation?

That non-starters comprised the defense that Mansfield scored against. That's what.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
That non-starters comprised the defense that Mansfield scored against. That's what.
They won by 60+ points who cares?

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM

No one said that. We said we started all of our seniors. That would have been 2-3 non-starters on defense.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
appholes

:eek:

mmmm. the first post i read on the Coastal defense giving up the first TD was NOT starteed by an App fan.

Get over it. You play pusses most of the schedule. You know it, we know, and hopefully the selection committee will know and seed you where you belong.

coastalalum
November 13th, 2005, 09:14 AM
we only have 10 seniors and the plan was for all of them to start - whether on offense or defense - w/out regard to the normal depth chart. so to say that some of the normal starters were out is true, but to say that all of them were is not.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:15 AM
mmmm. the first post i read on the Coastal defense giving up the first TD was NOT starteed by an App fan.

Get over it. You play pusses most of the schedule. You know it, we know, and hopefully the selection committee will know and seed you where you belong.

Get over what? A bitter old guy bitching and moaning about a 3-year program? i am way over that.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:15 AM
No one said that. We said we started all of our seniors. That would have been 2-3 non-starters on defense.

Just hearsay from AppGuy 04 quoting BoDoyle (a Coastal fan).

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Get over what? A bitter old guy bitching and moaning about a 3-year program? i am way over that.

"Bitter ol guy??" You are so full of crap about I-AA football it is downright delusional.
I simply think there are far more I-AA teams worthy of the rankings that Coastal has gotten this year.
I've said it a dozen times. Coastal deserves GREAT recognition for what they have achieved this early on. But to have been ranked in the top 10 at times was PREPOSTEROUS!
If you think that is being bitter, you can kiss my Apps. :deadhorse

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM
CCU/Mansfield 8-8- thru 1 quarter. Our starters were out most of the 1st quarter (senior day)

This is what I was referring to, if this was wrong, then so be it

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:22 AM
This is what I was referring to, if this was wrong, then so be it

Maybe the immature mis-informed name-calling Coastal fans will actually read that.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 09:26 AM
They won by 60+ points who cares?

Just another wussie team to add to their bid for a play-off seed. Along with the others: Liberty, Savannah State, VMI, Chas Southern, G-freakin' W. Nothing wrong with an occasional D-2 on the sched, but for Christ sakes. Mans freakin' field??

Oh, but it's not their fault. The conf is weak and everybody else is afraid tp play them. :rolleyes:

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Maybe the immature mis-informed name-calling Coastal fans will actually read that.

One post? If you read what I posted you will see that I am not misinformed.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM
"Bitter ol guy??" You are so full of crap about I-AA football it is downright delusional.
I simply think there are far more I-AA teams worthy of the rankings that Coastal has gotten this year.
I've said it a dozen times. Coastal deserves GREAT recognition for what they have achieved this early on. But to have been ranked in the top 10 at times was PREPOSTEROUS!
If you think that is being bitter, you can kiss my Apps. :deadhorse

What makes you bitter is bashing us anyway you can - like starting this thread.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 10:15 AM
What makes you bitter is bashing us anyway you can - like starting this thread.

Oh, you mean like the thread started by a Coastal fan bashing me personally????
:doh:

And if you READ the damn starting thread, it is OBVIOUSLY bashing the POLLS! Same as I did when ASU moved up VERY little after beating a QUALITY SoCon team and DOWN when they lost to the #6 team in the Bayou in front of 92K hostile fans.
Get it???
Quit twisting things, dude. xpumpukex

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Oh, you mean like the thread started by a Coastal fan bashing me personally????
:doh:

Yep.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Yep.

WRONG! As I said, I was bashing the idiot polls not Coastal nor anyone personally.
Learn to freakin' read!

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
WRONG! As I said, I was bashing the idiot polls not Coastal nor anyone personally.
Learn to freakin' read!

I was agreeing that I didn't agree with either post. I apologize that I didn't read your mind - try being more clear next time.

The Gadfly
November 13th, 2005, 10:34 AM
"Watch Coastal" is the perfect title for a thread where Appy fans hang out. Keep watching guys, it gets better. I've enjoyed the ride so far.
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

WAKE UP RALPH!!! Moderation please... :bang:

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I was agreeing that I didn't agree with either post. I apologize that I didn't read your mind - try being more clear next time.

You didn't have to read my mind, the post clearly stated that the POLL was my gripe.
I guess this is payback for some of the years ASU was over rated.
At present, we're about right, but mid-season was a joke in ref to our ranking.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 11:05 AM
"Watch Coastal" is the perfect title for a thread where Appy fans hang out. Keep watching guys, it gets better. I've enjoyed the ride so far.
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

WAKE UP RALPH!!! Moderation please... :bang:

UMMM. Did you read the first D sentence in the post??? Self explanatory to anyone who can read.

Guess I should have put the whole sentence in the title.
Geez!!! :anim_chai

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=The Gadfly

WAKE UP RALPH!!! Moderation please... :bang:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you say that after Coastal fans have called me every name in the book over the past months on here and started/maintained a personal attack pseudo poll that lasted dozens of posts.

I think Ralph can see through this crappola.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM

I thought it was pretty clear since I was addressing the "polls" in my very first sentence.
I stand by the post, its content, and its clarity.

windwalker
November 13th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Count on it.

This being your first post on the thread, and your claim that you were 'bashing' the pollsters, just don't mesh.

Also I doubt that Coastal will move up in the polls. I would imagine that everyone that votes on any poll refers to each and every post you make and your superb use of the English language. Just kidding...

bodoyle
November 13th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Jesus f-ing Christ....whoda thunk that me saying we had some starters out at the beginning of the game when Mansfield scored would start this coastal bashing/retardedness. Oh wait, it's coastal, 90% of people bash us....

CoastalFan2005
November 13th, 2005, 12:09 PM
stop lumping us together, i'm defending your A$$, if I shouldn't then please tell me

But in our defense, that's what I-AA 2005 is doing to us. He/She is saying that us "Coastal fans" constantly name call, when in actuality it's less than 5 of "us" (specifically Lapper, who started the thread about I-AA 2005). I already made the "no more lumping together" speech in a much earlier post.

I'm not saying this to start anything...all I'm saying is that in all fairness, all fans of all schools are lumped together. Comes with the territory. I'd love it if we could recognize each other as individuals here, but it's obviously not possible.

CoastalFan2005
November 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Ummm...Actually...the very first reply (which dealt with Mansfield scoring first) was this...

Unless you meant a different post...again, not trying to start something, trying to understand all sides.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 12:17 PM
This being your first post on the thread, and your claim that you were 'bashing' the pollsters, just don't mesh.

As for my intention..it certainly does mesh. I won't deny any hint of parody in any imaginary nor real subliminal messages contained therein.
I guess, too, one would have to have read all my digs and slams at the idiocy of the polls this season to understand my motivation.

As to actually starting a bash against Coastal in THIS thread. The answer is no. However, after the bull**** intentional personal bashing vs me, that most if not all Coastals participated in last week end, I would feel fully justified but belleve me, it would have been FAR worse if that had been my intention. FAR worse.

My bashing normally comes in the form of favorite Coastal nicknames. e.g. Conway Tweeties. I just loooove that one.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 12:23 PM
But in our defense, that's what I-AA 2005 is doing to us. He/She is saying that us "Coastal fans" constantly name call, when in actuality it's less than 5 of "us" (specifically Lapper, who started the thread about I-AA 2005). I already made the "no more lumping together" speech in a much earlier post.

I'm not saying this to start anything...all I'm saying is that in all fairness, all fans of all schools are lumped together. Comes with the territory. I'd love it if we could recognize each other as individuals here, but it's obviously not possible.

Again, you are not reading...I plainly said FAN not FANS!!

PLEASE re-read post #28 before you make false quotations.

However you know very well that in the personal attack thread, several Coastal fans added their digs, not just Lapper. Some didn't, but some did. In fact one Coastal fan appeared to turn on Lapper.

CoastalFan2005
November 13th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Again, you are not reading...I plainly said FAN not FANS!!

PLEASE re-read post #28 before you make false quotations.

However you know very well that in the personal attack thread, several Coastal fans added their digs. Some didn't, but some did. In fact one Coastal fan appeared to turn on Lapper.

Hmm...Okay. I re-read a bit. This is one post (in this very thread) that I found.

Granted, your post did not have "Coastal fans" in bold text...that's my doing for emphasis. BTW - the post I'm quoting is post 24. And I don't really care to look back into the past much further, but you and I both know that you have on occasion lumped us Coastal fans into one big, ugly, name-calling bunch. You may not have meant to, but you did. Also, I know you'll come at me with "but that's not what my post meant" (in reference to the post I'm quoting). But it COULD be perceived to mean all CCU fans, as I perceived it to mean at first read.

And, also, by the way - I read my English very good (please note the intentional misuse of English grammar as good-natured sarcasm). I'm well aware of what post number 28 in this thread says. I'm also aware that Lapper was the one that started the post about you. What you seem to be unaware of is that I was one of the first, if not THE first, Coastal fan(s) to come to your defense in that thread. I think that maybe you should re-read the second half of my post that you quoted. My post (in its entirety) states:

I'm all up for discussion, but if you want to get rowdy when I try to have an intelligent discussion/response to the topic at hand, then screw you. And that's not trying to start ****, just stating my opinion.

Next time you reply, let's be a little more calm. There are those of us in the world that prefer to actually get to the bottom of things than resort to yelling and accusing others of whatever.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Hmm...Okay. I re-read a bit. This is one post (in this very thread) that I found.

Granted, your post did not have "Coastal fans" in bold text...that's my doing for emphasis. BTW - the post I'm quoting is post 24. And I don't really care to look back into the past much further, but you and I both know that you have on occasion lumped us Coastal fans into one big, ugly, name-calling bunch. You may not have meant to, but you did. Also, I know you'll come at me with "but that's not what my post meant" (in reference to the post I'm quoting). But it COULD be perceived to mean all CCU fans, as I perceived it to mean at first read.

And, also, by the way - I read my English very good (please note the intentional misuse of English grammar as good-natured sarcasm). I'm well aware of what post number 28 in this thread says. I'm also aware that Lapper was the one that started the post about you. What you seem to be unaware of is that I was one of the first, if not THE first, Coastal fan(s) to come to your defense in that thread. I think that maybe you should re-read the second half of my post that you quoted. My post (in its entirety) states:

I'm all up for discussion, but if you want to get rowdy when I try to have an intelligent discussion/response to the topic at hand, then screw you. And that's not trying to start ****, just stating my opinion.

Next time you reply, let's be a little more calm. There are those of us in the world that prefer to actually get to the bottom of things than resort to yelling and accusing others of whatever.

Feel better?

Actually, I apologize, I got you mixed up with the Coastal fan(s) who called me an idiot, Little Bitch, etc. I'd like to show that guy a "little bitch slap" across his head.

Anyway, I thought you were referring to post 28 in which I certainly used the singular..fan.
But I stand by the personal attack thread, with you being an exception. It was definitely more than one in that case.

GaSouthern
November 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I want coastal to get excited about who they think they are. I can't wait until they come to our house or back to Appy's house, or to Furman's place if they can actually beat chatty this week.

BRING ON THEM GROUND DWELLING BIRDS.

bodoyle
November 13th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Call us when you learn about the forward pass GaSouthern. 114th/116 teams. A whopping 78.3 pypg

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Call us when you learn about the forward pass GaSouthern. 114th/116 teams. A whopping 78.3 pypg

:confused:
Bob - come on man. GA Southern doesn't need to pass.

bodoyle
November 13th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I completely agree, but sh*** if people can bust on us for pointless things, why can't we? It's fun to be immature, and it's my birthday so I can do what I want. :D

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I completely agree, but sh*** if people can bust on us for pointless things, why can't we? It's fun to be immature, and it's my birthday so I can do what I want. :D

I just don't think it is smart to start picking on a team like Ga Southern - especially this late in the season. And usually - the 'little' kid does not pick on the 'big' kid.

Happy birthday.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:19 PM
:confused:
Bob - come on man. GA Southern doesn't need to pass.

The Coasties will find that out soon enough. I hate it when GSU drives down the field on the running game, like 90 yards, then flips a short pass into the endzone for the TeeDee. SUX!
I don't mean this mean spirited, but I hope Coastal draws a first round visit to the Burrow. Then they get to see what a real running and option attack runs like.
Wish they had been playing feetball when the man, AP was playing.
ASU's game plan..one year, don't stop Adrian but try to shut down the rest of the O.. We lost.
Next year..stop AP at all costs. We did. Still lost dammit.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I just don't think it is smart to start picking on a team like Ga Southern - especially this late in the season. And usually - the 'little' kid does not pick on the 'big' kid.

Happy birthday.

We learned that long ago. Hell we can't even gloat over our win vs them this season. GSU has plenty of the stompings in their bag they gave us in '04.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM

Have a happy one. :beerchug: xprost2x

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM
The Coasties will find that out soon enough. I hate it when GSU drives down the field on the running game, like 90 yards, then flips a short pass into the endzone for the TeeDee. SUX!
I don't mean this mean spirited, but I hope Coastal draws a first round visit to the Burrow. Then they get to see what a real running and option attack runs like.
Wish they had been playing feetball when the man, AP was playing.
ASU's game plan..one year, don't stop Adrian but try to shut down the rest of the O.. We lost.
Next year..stop AP at all costs. We did. Still lost dammit.

And GSU didn't have a problem passing against WCU. They are very, very dangerous.

The Gadfly
November 13th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I'd like to show that guy a "little bitch slap" across his head.

Since moderation is not happening here and there has been a physical threat made here by I-AA 2005: You come, try and slap me, and I'll snap your punny neck. Not a threat but a promise and retaliation to your immature threat. :nod: Please believe that :nod:

bodoyle
November 13th, 2005, 03:58 PM
A physical threat? Hell ok I'm going to blow up my house, neighborhood state etc with a bomb. is that a threat? get real JEEZUS

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Since moderation is not happening here and there has been a physical threat made here by I-AA 2005: You come, try and slap me, and I'll snap your punny neck. Not a threat but a promise and retaliation to your immature threat. :nod: Please believe that :nod:

Oh, so you were the Coastal fan who called me a little bitch? I couldn't remember who the individual was. Now I know.

It was no threat since I did not recall who it actually was.

I don't know what a "punny" neck is, but if you meant "puny" by some chance, my neck is not puny, neither is anything else.

Having said that, I certainly have no fear whatsoever of you. Not looking for a fight that's for sure; I think I'm above that. But I certainly wouldn't back down from you. You bring it and you just might get more "hillbilly" than you can handle. Which probably isn't much.

Go ahead and mumble (so to speak) your threats on here all you want. I have to go out of town until tomorrow at which time I'll see if I can respond in your language. Until then, try to chill a bit before you have a freakin' stroke. :rolleyes:

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 04:31 PM

Oh, calling me a little bitch was moderation??

Geez. A little double standard there, eh? :mad:

ButlerGSU
November 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM
We couldn't be lucky enough to get Coastal at home in the first round. I would love it! Last year we got sent a highly ranked and pretty good UNH team in the first round.

Lapper
November 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Oh, so you were the Coastal fan who called me a little bitch? I couldn't remember who the individual was. Now I know.

It was no threat since I did not recall who it actually was.

I don't know what a "punny" neck is, but if you meant "puny" by some chance, my neck is not puny, neither is anything else.

Having said that, I certainly have no fear whatsoever of you. Not looking for a fight that's for sure; I think I'm above that. But I certainly wouldn't back down from you. You bring it and you just might get more "hillbilly" than you can handle. Which probably isn't much.

Go ahead and mumble (so to speak) your threats on here all you want. I have to go out of town until tomorrow at which time I'll see if I can respond in your language. Until then, try to chill a bit before you have a freakin' stroke. :rolleyes:

Hey LB, I'm the one who started calling you that, Fly is the one who gave the meaning away. Now that you know who it is what are you going to do about it? You can SLAP me all you want because that's what LB pu$$ies like you do... they SLAP. They also make physical threats, like you do, on the computer instead of being a man. But that's who you are LB and that's the whole reason why I started calling you that... no one can take that feminine side away from you... no one.

Lapper
November 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Oh, calling me a little bitch was moderation??

Geez. A little double standard there, eh? :mad:

That was on a smack thread friend. This is a smack thread but on the Discussion Board for some odd reason :confused: .

bodoyle
November 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks Rok and I-AA.

Let's do this....go 1 week w/o a CCU Thread! :)

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Talkin s--t on an internet message board is SO pathetic..."dude, if you dont stop that, my next post is gonna be REALLY MEAN." Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I'm not surprised it's a bunch of CCU fans.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lapper
November 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM
:coach: :eek: Hey moron... your Appy boy I-AA 2005 aka LB is the one talking ***** about physically smacking people. Are you blind :cool: ? Here it is again...:

Here's another one from Kep:

p.s. people, please dont start talking about "if elon beats app..." because i will kill you.

HEY KEP, "if Elon beats App...", now come and get me. Very unstable people in Boone :bang: .

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM
:coach: :eek: Hey moron... your Appy boy I-AA 2005 aka LB is the one talking ***** about physically smacking people. Are you blind :cool: ? Here it is again...:

Here's another one from Kep:

HEY KEP, "if Elon beats App...", now come and get me. Very unstable people in Boone :bang: .

Aaaa-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .

Coastal fans are sad.

You better watch yourself, a few more posts like this and I'm gonna straight THROW DOWN on AGS. I'll call you so many names you won't know what to do with yourself. I really didn't think anybody would take that (drunk) post seriously...apparetly I underestimated your stupidity. Oh, and what happened to you Western Carolina helmet icon?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .

CarolinaGirl
November 13th, 2005, 07:46 PM
How y'all doing tonight?? I've never seen a fight on the internet before! Where's the love?? Can't we all just xprost2x before someone :splat: !
Since this thread is about the polls, I figure we will move up to about #3 tomorrow (HAHA...that was just for you I-AA! ;) )
Seriously, we won't move up any after beating a DII team. When Mansfield came out and scored on their opening drive, I about fell out of my seat!! But it woke the players up and they responded accordingly for the next 57 minutes. Even our practice squad kept scoring on them. Our back up QB looks good. He played for about 3 quarters. He's going to be a great replacement when Thig is gone. We did have one pretty bad injury that brought the ambulance in. Mansfield's entire team was on one knee and was very respectful while our player was being treated. I don't know who it was or how he is doing. If any of the Coastal fans know anything, please let me know.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM
How y'all doing tonight?? I've never seen a fight on the internet before! Where's the love?? Can't we all just xprost2x before someone :splat: !
Since this thread is about the polls, I figure we will move up to about #3 tomorrow (HAHA...that was just for you I-AA! ;) )
Seriously, we won't move up any after beating a DII team. When Mansfield came out and scored on their opening drive, I about fell out of my seat!! But it woke the players up and they responded accordingly for the next 57 minutes. Even our practice squad kept scoring on them. Our back up QB looks good. He played for about 3 quarters. He's going to be a great replacement when Thig is gone. We did have one pretty bad injury that brought the ambulance in. Mansfield's entire team was on one knee and was very respectful while our player was being treated. I don't know who it was or how he is doing. If any of the Coastal fans know anything, please let me know.

Wasn't it a Mansfield player that got hurt?

We could move up a little in the polls since UMass and SIU lost.

CarolinaGirl
November 13th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Wasn't it a Mansfield player that got hurt?

We could move up a little in the polls since UMass and SIU lost.
I thought it was one of ours but I certainly could be wrong. I brought a little "kick" to combine with my Coke so who knows what I was thinking. I didn't see anything in the paper about it.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I thought it was one of ours but I certainly could be wrong. I brought a little "kick" to combine with my Coke so who knows what I was thinking. I didn't see anything in the paper about it.

Those 'cokes' can do that to ya :D

I just quickly scanned the radio broadcast and it was a Mansfield player - a freshman. Hopefully he is ok.

Lapper
November 13th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Wow. You know how to use the smiley feature. Way to go kid!

As long as we both know that you couldn't kill a fly, much less "throw down" anything (AGS or real life), we're good to go. Ooooh, I knew you were drunk the whole time and congrats on that, your parents must be proud :rolleyes: . Sad? I am very sad that I have to go back on point to protect wastes of time like yourself in 6 months. Maybe if I post a lot of smileys it would help...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
.... I'm feeling something, hold on...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
....OOOOOOOOOHHHH YES!!! That felt GREAT Kep...thanks. ;)

As for the helmet, hopefully it will change back to a black one with a green beach chicken on it when playoffs come around :D .

Purple Knight
November 13th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Why do App fans feel the need to bash Coastal at every opportunity? Do we really need any more threads dedicated to trashing the CCU schedule, yeah it's not that great get over it :rolleyes:

If my team was virtually guaranteed a playoff spot, multiple home games and a top 5 ranking, I doubt I would spend most of my time bashing a non-conf opponent

I agree. App has more hate out for everybody than all the other schools combined (except for UMASS).

Enough of this crap. :deadhorse

CarolinaGirl
November 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Those 'cokes' can do that to ya :D

I just quickly scanned the radio broadcast and it was a Mansfield player - a freshman. Hopefully he is ok.
Oops...my bad :o
No wonder they were so concerned! :rolleyes:
I hope he is okay also...

MarkCCU
November 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM
While tailgating and drinking what seemed to be a never ending 5 gallonbucket of Jungle Juice, the horde of Mansfield patrons poured into the parking lot. As they walked towards us, b/c we near the entrance, we asked why they would come play us, and i quote, "We came to see our son play, and it's warm. We just hope you guys don't hit the centuy mark". The game was interesting, Mansfield played hard all the way through, they score on thier first possession but would be all thumbs for the remainder. It was interesting to watch, but as my god friend pointed out, "This is like watching a pro team play a pee-wee football team". I hope everyone had a good weekend.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2005, 08:49 PM
While tailgating and drinking what seemed to be a never ending 5 gallonbucket of Jungle Juice, the horde of Mansfield patrons poured into the parking lot. As they walked towards us, b/c we near the entrance, we asked why they would come play us, and i quote, "We came to see our son play, and it's warm. We just hope you guys don't hit the centuy mark". The game was interesting, Mansfield played hard all the way through, they score on thier first possession but would be all thumbs for the remainder. It was interesting to watch, but as my god friend pointed out, "This is like watching a pro team play a pee-wee football team". I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Yeah - they brought a decent crowd considering I wasn't expecting to see many of their fans.

A Teal tailgater eh? I'm jealous :D

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Wow. You know how to use the smiley feature. Way to go kid!

As long as we both know that you couldn't kill a fly, much less "throw down" anything (AGS or real life), we're good to go. Ooooh, I knew you were drunk the whole time and congrats on that, your parents must be proud :rolleyes: . Sad? I am very sad that I have to go back on point to protect wastes of time like yourself in 6 months. Maybe if I post a lot of smileys it would help...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
.... I'm feeling something, hold on...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
....OOOOOOOOOHHHH YES!!! That felt GREAT Kep...thanks. ;)

As for the helmet, hopefully it will change back to a black one with a green beach chicken on it when playoffs come around :D .

Yet again, it is pathetic to threaten people on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. How old are you?

CoastalFan2005
November 13th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Please pay NO ATTENTION whatsoever to Lapper, at least in the sense that he is some kind of mouthpiece for CCU fans here on AGS. He certainly is not representative of most of the rest of the CCU fans that post here.

Otherwise, have at it, :D !

The Gadfly
November 13th, 2005, 11:55 PM

CATFISH!!! DD should of made that TD pass! That Jungle Juice was good to me until the next morning. That Everclear is a BITCH!

The Mansfield fans were great and some even hung out with us at the bars. Good people. :nod:

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Please pay NO ATTENTION whatsoever to Lapper, at least in the sense that he is some kind of mouthpiece for CCU fans here on AGS. He certainly is not representative of most of the rest of the CCU fans that post here.

Otherwise, have at it, :D !

What kind of crap is that? What did he do to you? He has already said that he wasn't supporting Coastal anymore, thanks to people like you. Hell, I don't blame him. He has supported CCU here at AGS long before you were here, taking A BUNCH of crap from the rest of the I-AA world along the way. NOW newbies like yourself from our alma mater decide to join the others, who have made it their life's work to degrade CCU, in trashing Lapper. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just don't understand why you guys hate him so much? :confused:

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2005, 12:40 AM
OH... I just saw his comments about CCU on the Smack Board. :o Thank God I've been with the same girl from Valdosta State throughout my time here ;) J/K.

CoastalFan2005
November 14th, 2005, 06:33 AM
What kind of crap is that? What did he do to you? He has already said that he wasn't supporting Coastal anymore, thanks to people like you. Hell, I don't blame him. He has supported CCU here at AGS long before you were here, taking A BUNCH of crap from the rest of the I-AA world along the way. NOW newbies like yourself from our alma mater decide to join the others, who have made it their life's work to degrade CCU, in trashing Lapper. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just don't understand why you guys hate him so much? :confused:

Lapper has not done anything to me personally, but has done something to the entirety of the CCU fanbase by starting posts such as "Does I-AA 2005 Have A Real Life?" over on the smack forum. What kind of college-educated person makes a point of asking some childish question about somebody they don't even know on an internet message board?

If Lapper chooses to not support CCU anymore, then whatever. But it certainly IS NOT because of "people like" me. That's Lapper's choice. If he's pissed off because there are sensible people out there that disagree with his views, then maybe it's time for him to move to a country where nobody gets to voice their opinion. Last time I checked, Americans have that right.

That's cool that Lapper has been taking **** from people here at AGS for a while. Everybody here takes **** from somebody at some point, though, so it's really nothing big to worry about.

I've made it my life's work to degrade CCU? I don't HARDLY think so. I don't think that I'd be at every home football game (and even the away games I can get to) if I were trying to DEGRADE our school. If I hated this school as much as Lapper stated he does in a previous post, then I'd have left here right after I got here. But I'm still here, and am usually on campus from 8:30am to 9:00pm each day.

I can't speak for other people, but my problem with Lapper is that his posts make absolutely no sense and do nothing but further the "name calling, etc." CCU fan image that is percieved here. If fans from other schools had to put up with it before the rest of us got here, then that was a terrible first impression to give them about us CCU fans (in my opinion). To say that he'll only go back to rooting for the Chants if the football team makes another appearance after the CSU game this year is ludicrous. A true fan stays with their team, no matter what.

And with that, I say peace out.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Hey LB, I'm the one who started calling you that, Fly is the one who gave the meaning away. Now that you know who it is what are you going to do about it? You can SLAP me all you want because that's what LB pu$$ies like you do... they SLAP. They also make physical threats, like you do, on the computer instead of being a man. But that's who you are LB and that's the whole reason why I started calling you that... no one can take that feminine side away from you... no one.

Very classy post. (Hopefully you can pick up on the "subtle" sarcasm.)

Why don't you and Gadfly get together and go seek professional help for your rage as well as maybe enrolling in a few anger management classes? Maybe they can teach you to avoid going around calling people "bitch" on message boards and elsewhere. I doubt it, but it's a good last resort..
Thankfully most of the other Coastal posters know to draw the line at that kind of name calling.

Feminine side? Pu$$ies? Pathetic comments. But what else should we expect from you.

AppGuy04
November 14th, 2005, 08:05 AM
You know, they have to make their own fun in Boone. Not much to do except drink and try not to fall off of a mountain. I think they're jealous because of your beautiful location.

Boone isn't beautiful? Obviously you have never been there

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:07 AM
You know, they have to make their own fun in Boone. Not much to do except drink and try not to fall off of a mountain. I think they're jealous because of your beautiful location.

Sometimes, when we have nothing better to do, we take a break from "falling off mountains," drinking, facing the GSU's, Furmans, EKU's, and a few I-A teams. We invite a team up from the low country up to the hills, rack up a 30 point lead by halftime and send them away with the knowledge of what SoCon football can look like.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=CarolinaGirl]How y'all doing tonight?? I've never seen a fight on the internet before! Where's the love?? Can't we all just xprost2x before someone :splat: !

Ouch, you got me on that one.

Tealblood
November 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Lapper and Fly,
to paraphrase we are helping support our alma mater

you ain't helpin

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:23 AM

Oh, great! Yet another classy post!!

Obviously, you don't know what a b***h slap is. It is sports slang for what an opponent does to another team, as in "slapped them around" or "we "b***h slapped all over the field." You know like Coastal did to that D-2 team on Saturday.
At the same time, I felt it half-way appropriate to use it in referring to an ANONYMOUS poster who called me a "b***h."
Has nothing to do with "girl slapping." Sorry to disappoint you.

You really need to get yourself together and get out more, rather than calling folks "b***h" and starting PERSONAL attack threads on message boards. Surely there are some things to do in Conway.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Lapper has not done anything to me personally, but has done something to the entirety of the CCU fanbase by starting posts such as "Does I-AA 2005 Have A Real Life?" over on the smack forum. What kind of college-educated person makes a point of asking some childish question about somebody they don't even know on an internet message board?

If Lapper chooses to not support CCU anymore, then whatever. But it certainly IS NOT because of "people like" me. That's Lapper's choice. If he's pissed off because there are sensible people out there that disagree with his views, then maybe it's time for him to move to a country where nobody gets to voice their opinion. Last time I checked, Americans have that right.

That's cool that Lapper has been taking **** from people here at AGS for a while. Everybody here takes **** from somebody at some point, though, so it's really nothing big to worry about.

I've made it my life's work to degrade CCU? I don't HARDLY think so. I don't think that I'd be at every home football game (and even the away games I can get to) if I were trying to DEGRADE our school. If I hated this school as much as Lapper stated he does in a previous post, then I'd have left here right after I got here. But I'm still here, and am usually on campus from 8:30am to 9:00pm each day.

I can't speak for other people, but my problem with Lapper is that his posts make absolutely no sense and do nothing but further the "name calling, etc." CCU fan image that is percieved here. If fans from other schools had to put up with it before the rest of us got here, then that was a terrible first impression to give them about us CCU fans (in my opinion). To say that he'll only go back to rooting for the Chants if the football team makes another appearance after the CSU game this year is ludicrous. A true fan stays with their team, no matter what.

And with that, I say peace out.

CoastalFan2005, most sensible post I've seen on any message board in months. :beerchug:

Hamptongal
November 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Very classy post. (Hopefully you can pick up on the "subtle" sarcasm.)

Why don't you and Gadfly get together and go seek professional help for your rage as well as maybe enrolling in a few anger management classes? Maybe they can teach you to avoid going around calling people "bitch" on message boards and elsewhere. I doubt it, but it's a good last resort..
Thankfully most of the other Coastal posters know to draw the line at that kind of name calling.

Feminine side? Pu$$ies? Pathetic comments. But what else should we expect from you.
Hmmm, I completely agree.
PS There is nothing wrong with having a feminine side and posting here. ;) ;)
I find it amusing how anybody can pull a King Kong on these boards, Cyberspace sure does make the weak feel strong and the small feel big. I tohught I had gotten lost on the smack board with all this crazy talk.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry folks, that so many posts came here in near succession, but as I was out of town last night (looking for my "real life"), I was unable to reply to the ones addressed at me one at a time.
Hopefully the two personal attack pros have simmered down by now. I, in return, will try not to over react to personal attacks.

Most fans of any team can draw the line between digs at rival schools and personal attacks. Huge difference. Maybe both are uncalled for, but unfortunately that's the nature of most sports boards. Everyone pretty much participates in the former. Thankfully, few cross the line into the later.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Hmmm, I completely agree.
PS There is nothing wrong with having a feminine side and posting here. ;) ;)
I find it amusing how anybody can pull a King Kong on these boards, Cyberspace sure does make the weak feel strong and the small feel big. I tohught I had gotten lost on the smack board with all this crazy talk.

It did kind of get out of hand.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 08:57 AM

You know good and d--- well NO physical threat was made to anyone specific by me!! You also know full well that I didn't even know who called me b---h in the first place. I said "whoever" called me "b----h"!! Huge difference.
Then the two of you jumped up trying to start something by each claiming to have been the one and one of you even threatened to snap my "punny" neck (whatever the heck that is) as well as a couple of other threats?
I outgrew idiotic brawls over bullcrap years ago, anyway.

No way that I'd point out that I'd called anyone a b----h on a message board. Nor actually call anyone that for that matter. Such class!

Enough of this nonsense.

CanterburyTails
November 14th, 2005, 09:00 AM
A few things that Coastal has no control over that App State people love to bitch about:

1. Their schedule: Do you know how hard it is to fill a football schedule? Football schedules are done two or three years in advance, even in I-AA. Coastal Carolina has been working hard to improve their OOC schedule but it is difficult because you need weekends to match-up and opponents weekends and prior commitments. They cannot help that their conference sucks either. You people from App State love to bitch and moan and there is really nothing that Coastal Carolina can do about the schedule they have their first couple of years.

2. The Polls: Coastal Carolina does not have a vote in the polls. They do not have any influences at ESPN or SportsNetwork. If the voters on these two polls feel as though they are a Top-10 team, there is nothing that Coastal Carolina has to do with that. Nor, is there anything that App State people can do to change it.

Listen, they have wins over two Top-25 teams. Their only loss is to a team ranked higher than them.

Sitting around assuming that they will lose their first round game is kind of ignorant. First of all, they have not made the playoffs yet. Secondly, there are going to be 8 first round losers, not just Coastal. Anyone seeded 9-16 is expected to lose. By your reasoning, maybe we should just have a championship game because anyone who loses in the first round should not have been there anyway.

In addition, any team that would make it into the playoffs instead of Coastal, would not be a Top-8 seed and they would be expected to lose as well.

So what is your point in doing all this boo hooing?

By the way, I think that if Coastal is a #11 or #12 seed, you could see an upset. If Coastal is a #14-#16 seed, they will have a much tougher time.

AppGuy04
November 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM
A few things that Coastal has no control over that App State people love to bitch about:

1. Their schedule: Do you know how hard it is to fill a football schedule? Football schedules are done two or three years in advance, even in I-AA. Coastal Carolina has been working hard to improve their OOC schedule but it is difficult because you need weekends to match-up and opponents weekends and prior commitments. They cannot help that their conference sucks either. You people from App State love to bitch and moan and there is really nothing that Coastal Carolina can do about the schedule they have their first couple of years.

2. The Polls: Coastal Carolina does not have a vote in the polls. They do not have any influences at ESPN or SportsNetwork. If the voters on these two polls feel as though they are a Top-10 team, there is nothing that Coastal Carolina has to do with that. Nor, is there anything that App State people can do to change it.

Listen, they have wins over two Top-25 teams. Their only loss is to a team ranked higher than them.

Sitting around assuming that they will lose their first round game is kind of ignorant. First of all, they have not made the playoffs yet. Secondly, there are going to be 8 first round losers, not just Coastal. Anyone seeded 9-16 is expected to lose. By your reasoning, maybe we should just have a championship game because anyone who loses in the first round should not have been there anyway.

In addition, any team that would make it into the playoffs instead of Coastal, would not be a Top-8 seed and they would be expected to lose as well.

yes, lets make my first post one of these: :deadhorse

whats your point?

bandl
November 14th, 2005, 09:14 AM
yes, lets make my first post one of these: :deadhorse

whats your point?

NOTE TO SELF:
When my ASU friends have an extra tix for me to a game in Boone....make sure it is not the ASU/CCU game...the brawl in the stands will be much worse than the brawl on the field.

Give it a rest! :D

CanterburyTails
November 14th, 2005, 09:17 AM
The dead horse gets beaten every Saturday night when some loser from App State comes on this board bitching about Coastal.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM

By the way, I think that if Coastal is a #11 or #12 seed, you could see an upset. If Coastal is a #14-#16 seed, they will have a much tougher time.

None of us blame Coastal for its schedule. However, we do take exception to Coastal fans throwing up their record as if it was vs a slate of legitimate teams and especially gloating over ASU at the time in the season App was in danger of going 7-4 due to actually seeking out a very strong slate of teams, both top I-AA and I-A. Some fans were saying repeatedly that ASU chose $$ games over the play-offs. In truth, ASU had even less control over the fact that we had to play an additional I-A of the calibre of LSU.
Yes, I do know how hard it is to fill a schedule. Especially when a team cancels and one has to find a November game in June. Most teams schedule is filled with conference games at that point.
Believe me, we for the most part, make NO assumption Coastal will lose in the first round. Common sense tells us that if Coastal can get a low draw, the first round will be moderately easy. Should you get a high seed like ASU has many many times had to face, that's another matter.
My personal gripe was the week or weeks that Coastal was ranked higher than ASU (which to an extent affects the selection committee later on) after ASU had faced EKU, Kansas, etc. as well as haven beaten Coastal by 27. Made no sense, and at that point some Coastal fans were gloating over that fact (that Coastal was ranked 5,6,7 places higher).

BTW. If you use today's Coaches' poll Coastal has 1 win over a top 25 (SCSU). In the Sports Network, a win over a #17 and a #25.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 09:28 AM
The dead horse gets beaten every Saturday night when some loser from App State comes on this board bitching about Coastal.

Loser!!! Heh heh. Check the scoreboards. Especially Sept 17. When Coastal stops boasting about their record over losers and marginal teams, we "losers" (oh wait, we weren't losers to Coastal) will stop bashing them for boasting about their soon to be 9 wins over cupcakes. Excuse me, include the TWO wins over top 25 teams.

Wait, check that. In the Coaches' poll one Coastal win over a top 25..SC State. In the Sports Network Poll..one over a #17 and one over a hanging on #25 JMU. Still found a way to be ranked only one slot behind ASU in the SN poll. 8th and 9th.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Umm noticed you joined today. Which other AGS name did you drop and re-incarnate from?
Anyway, welcome or welcome back.

CanterburyTails
November 14th, 2005, 09:42 AM
This is legitimately my only username.

Coastal89
November 14th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Loser!!! Heh heh. Check the scoreboards. Especially Sept 17. When Coastal stops boasting about their record over losers and marginal teams, we "losers" (oh wait, we weren't losers to Coastal) will stop bashing them for boasting about their soon to be 9 wins over cupcakes. Excuse me, include the TWO wins over top 25 teams.

Wait, check that. In the Coaches' poll one Coastal win over a top 25..SC State. In the Sports Network Poll..one over a #17 and one over a hanging on #25 JMU. Still found a way to be ranked only one slot behind ASU in the SN poll. 8th and 9th.
Much better than #4 Texas St. no wins over top 25 teams, wouldn't you agree?

bandl
November 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM

Don't bring JMU into this never-ending beef!!!! ;) We ain't got nothing to do with this endless saga!!! Except one loss...eh....bygones.... :o

Take the high road...you beat the snot out of them....let that be all the talk you need until the next time you play. No more talkie talkie.

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I hope the playoff committee reads these boards and decides to schedule a CCU @ APP first-rounder. Maybe I'd get to meet Lapper :rolleyes: . No wait, he's an Elon fan now :lmao: .

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I hope the playoff committee reads these boards and decides to schedule a CCU @ APP first-rounder. Maybe I'd get to meet Lapper :rolleyes: . No wait, he's an Elon fan now :lmao: .

It's difficult to keep up. One week he uses a Coastal helmet. Then he gets mad and uses an App helmet. Then back to a Coastal. Now an Elon. :confused:

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
If you check the SMACK boards, apparently he's embarrassed to go to CCU (can't blame him, but you'd rather support ELON?). I don't think I've ever met an App student/alum ashamed of their school.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 10:44 AM
If you check the SMACK boards, apparently he's embarrassed to go to CCU (can't blame him, but you'd rather support ELON?). I don't think I've ever met an App student/alum ashamed of their school.

A couple of his fellow Coastals pissed him off. I think it's just a temporary rebellion type thing.

Apps ashamed of their school? Me either. Of course I do question those Apps who wear UNC TarHick garb.

Lapper
November 14th, 2005, 11:03 AM

Ditto Kep. I'm sure that one or two on the commitee are reading AGS boards and will probably pair the two schools. This time I will be wearing the Gold and Black :bang: . I'm sure that if you don't try to "kill me ;) " that I'll be more than happy to lift you up for a keg stand after the Mountaineers' RE-stomping of the Beach Chickens...IF that should happen.

As for the University of Southern New Jersey Carpetbaggers, hate me all you want, the feeling is mutual, but Fly is still on your side. Just because you hate me doesn't mean you have to push another loyal CCU fan away. As for the weird way of how CCU athletics "helps" their student athletes in making the grade... I personally think there should be an investigation... again.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Don't bring JMU into this never-ending beef!!!! ;) We ain't got nothing to do with this endless saga!!! Except one loss...eh....bygones.... :o

Take the high road...you beat the snot out of them....let that be all the talk you need until the next time you play. No more talkie talkie.

Definitely wasn't dissing JMU. Only the validity of a high ranking with only wins over a 17 and a 25. IMOP, JMU should be ranked in the teens at least simply due to the conf schedule.
Coastal has certainly proven they are deserving of ranking. It just seems inflated at several points in the season. Certainly deserve a play-off spot.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Much better than #4 Texas St. no wins over top 25 teams, wouldn't you agree?

Sure would.
Top 20? Sure. #4? They haven't proven they're worthy of that high a spot.
McNeese, Stephen F Austin, NW State are good teams usually and Texas State beat them like drums. All three have competed in the play-offs on several occasions.
Also TS made a great showing vs I-A Texas A&M.
Still #4 is a real stretch.

Lapper
November 14th, 2005, 11:23 AM
It's difficult to keep up. One week he uses a Coastal helmet. Then he gets mad and uses an App helmet. Then back to a Coastal. Now an Elon. :confused:

I had a purple helmet on last week LB ;) . From the wise words of Silky Johnson from the Chapelle Show, "I hate you and only you and hope all bad things happen to you and you only," the rest of of the Mountaineer Nation I can deal with. It's a joke, like your "bitch slap" comment, with the helmets. Just good fun. This is where my loyalties lie: Family, fiance, all teams against ASU (for fun) and CCU (serious). Now that that's done...back to the original topic: is Coastal going to get a free ride to the playoffs? Unfortunately yes IF they get past a Charleston Southern team who has beaten the CRAP out of the Gardner Webb team that the 'Baggers could barely beat at Hooters/Clemson Jr. Field. Not only did the Bucs beat them, but they did it in Boiling Springs! Then they turn around and beat the Flames of Liberty. I've heard all day today from CCU FB players about how much of a whoopin' they put on Mannsfield (sp?) and are now talking about the playoffs??? I guess they are overlooking the Bucs which could be their down fall this season.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I had a purple helmet on last week LB ;) . From the wise words of Silky Johnson from the Chapelle Show, "I hate you and only you and hope all bad things happen to you and you only," the rest of of the Mountaineer Nation I can deal with. It's a joke, like your "bitch slap" comment, with the helmets. Just good fun. This is where my loyalties lie: Family, fiance, all teams against ASU (for fun) and CCU (serious). Now that that's done...back to the original topic: is Coastal going to get a free ride to the playoffs? Unfortunately yes IF they get past a Charleston Southern team who has beaten the CRAP out of the Gardner Webb team that the 'Baggers could barely beat at Hooters/Clemson Jr. Field. Not only did the Bucs beat them, but they did it in Boiling Springs! Then they turn around and beat the Flames of Liberty. I've heard all day today from CCU FB players about how much of a whoopin' they put on Mannsfield (sp?) and are now talking about the playoffs??? I guess they are overlooking the Bucs which could be their down fall this season.

That's cool, BB.

I can take hate. In fact, when it comes from certain sources, I revel in it.

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
That's cool, BB.

I can take hate. In fact, when it comes from certain sources, I revel in it.

WOW!!! Is this a hateful peace treaty? HATE HATE HATE!
:spank:

CoastalFan2005
November 14th, 2005, 12:01 PM
CoastalFan2005, most sensible post I've seen on any message board in months. :beerchug:

Thanks...I try to do what I can, when I can. :beerchug:

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Lapper and Fly,
to paraphrase we are helping support our alma mater

you ain't helpin

What :confused: ? How are you comparing me and Lapper??? Just because he's a good friend doen't mean I support his hate towards Coastal. Please explain...

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Ditto Kep. I'm sure that one or two on the commitee are reading AGS boards and will probably pair the two schools. This time I will be wearing the Gold and Black :bang: . I'm sure that if you don't try to "kill me ;) " that I'll be more than happy to lift you up for a keg stand after the Mountaineers' RE-stomping of the Beach Chickens...IF that should happen.

As for the University of Southern New Jersey Carpetbaggers, hate me all you want, the feeling is mutual, but Fly is still on your side. Just because you hate me doesn't mean you have to push another loyal CCU fan away. As for the weird way of how CCU athletics "helps" their student athletes in making the grade... I personally think there should be an investigation... again.

Nice to know we've resolved our differences and can now address eachother respectfully as fellow Coastal-haters :D . I'd be honored to take you up on that keg stand offer. App knows how to party :lmao: .

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2005, 12:25 PM
If Lapper chooses to not support CCU anymore, then whatever. But it certainly IS NOT because of "people like" me.

No no no 2005, not CCU fans, but the CCU haters. The only thing I disagree with is the name calling and personal attacks towards Lapper simply because he gets under y'all's skin. If you think you're the bigger person then ignore what he saids. If you can't then be civil about it. :)

chantman
November 14th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hey Lapper, just curious, who pissed in your cornflakes?

CoastalFan2005
November 14th, 2005, 12:33 PM

My post that was referred to (I don't know if the computer did this, but you had my username quoted as "CCU2005" in your post) is above.

No no no 2005, not CCU fans, but the CCU haters. The only thing I disagree with is the name calling and personal attacks towards Lapper simply because he gets under y'all's skin. If you think you're the bigger person then ignore what he saids. If you can't then be civil about it. :)

I guess in a way my comments can be percieved as "personal attacks." However...in this case, I feel they are justified. I also feel I don't need to do much explaining why, because if you read some of his posts, and then consider what I'm trying to say to him, you'll find that they're not intended as "personal attacks."

I'm trying to be civil about telling him WHY I think he's wrong -- just doesn't seem like he's along for the discussion. Feels kinda like this guy... :bang:

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 12:51 PM
How could you not like Boone?

bandl
November 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
How could you not like Boone?

I was going to ask the same thing...how could anyone not like the entire western part of North Carolina?? It is one of the most beautiful mountainous spots on the eastern part of this country.

sceagle
November 14th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Having visited Boone and Cullowhee I'd say I thought it was prettier in Cullowhee. If I had to live in one of them I would prefer Boone because it is an actual town. There is nothing around WCU but the views of the mountains are great. It just seems like it would get lonely there in the winter.

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 01:16 PM
WCU isn't even IN the mountains...

sceagle
November 14th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Then my vision must be going because everytime I've been there mountains surrounded the campus.

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 01:38 PM
its not IN the mountains, though. its surrounded by em. and if youve ever been on top of grandfather, howard's knob, etc., theres no way wcu beats us.

sceagle
November 14th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I am speaking of the views from the campuses. It was harder to see the mountains from the middle of the ASU campus because Boone is more built up and there are signs and buildings in the way. WCU is the only thing around there so you can see a lot more.

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I am speaking of the views from the campuses. It was harder to see the mountains from the middle of the ASU campus because Boone is more built up and there are signs and buildings in the way. WCU is the only thing around there so you can see a lot more.

App State's campus is practically sitting on the beginning of Howard's knob! It's gorgeous up here...but I don't think this is an argument that could be won either way...at least Shellshock had a good point...not the best deep sea-fishing up around here, but we do have some great streams and ponds!

sceagle
November 14th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I'm not saying I doesn't look great up there. I love the mountains and other than the fact that we got clobbered in the game I enjoyed my visit.