PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina Pass Defense

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 07:33 AM
We Apps can boast all we want (and I have been doing a lot of it, just not on the message boards), but yesterday we faced one of the very best pass defenses we have met all year, especially given how fired up our offense was ALL day yesterday.
I mean, who else has intercepted two of our passes (one was our #2 QB) this year and sacked Richie once? Not too dayum many.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Having said the above statement, I know we will likely face even better pass defenses (maybe almost as good as LSU's) in the play-offs. Count on it.

catamount man
November 13th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah, but I just can't believe how bad our run defense was. Tough defeat for me personally, as I always bleed purple and gold to the point that it is maddening, but believe me, I will be back in Boone in 2007. Good luck against Elon and the playoffs. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah, but I just can't believe how bad our run defense was. Tough defeat for me personally, as I always bleed purple and gold to the point that it is maddening, but believe me, I will be back in Boone in 2007. Good luck against Elon and the playoffs. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Obviously having to worry about Richie's passing and elusiveness hindered your run defense a great deal.
Plus our little soph RB is really good. He got over 200 yards against one of our SoCon brethren. If he gets a hole and a seam, he's gone.
I'm worried about Fudge as he develops. Reid was no slouch either.

I will be highly disappointed if we have a let down vs the Fee-Nicks. I've never developed a taste for Burnt Birds.

catamount man
November 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
You'll beat Elon by 35 at least. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Saint3333
November 13th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Your run defense just ran into a very good offensive line.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 10:40 AM
You'll beat Elon by 35 at least. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Can I take that to the bank?
Elon:
1. Hates our guts for not voting for them
2. It's in their cracker box stadium
3. Coach Ham and his son's jobs are on the line
4. Unless Furmie was our letdown game already, Elon could be it.
5. Wouldn't they love to knock ASU out of the outright SoCon championship and ruin any good seed we had?
6. Elon 7 Chat 10 Elon 9 Woff 14 shows they don't completely sukk

We play our worst game of the season, while we play our best....we're in deep doo doo.
Right now, I'd just take a win of ANY margin.
Last thing we need at this point is to have to play our starters the whole game.

AppStateSVX
November 13th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I agree, WCU's pass defense had me nervous almost every time Richie threw the ball, and that hasn't happened very often this season. Their coverage was really good

Saint3333
November 13th, 2005, 10:46 AM
ASU fans will likely outnumber Elon fans. I'd expect at least 3-4K dressed in B&G Saturday.

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 10:46 AM
If our Defense cant stop Eloan than we might as well not even go to the playoffs. Watauga Highs defense cant stop Elons and they were 4-7 this year.