PDA

View Full Version : FCS game of the week

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Who are you picking? Discuss.

I'll pick JMU/W&M because W&M may be the last team to give the Dukes some trouble prior to the playoffs.

appstate38
November 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
How come the Big Sky never gets any GOTW love????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
No great matchups this week IMO for top 25 Big Sky.

art vandelay
November 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
how about UNH Umass

DLS
November 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM

I'll pick JMU/W&M because W&M may be the last team to give the Dukes some trouble prior to the playoffs.

same can be said for app/elon

especially with the weather and elon's run defense

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
how about UNH Umass

3-3 vs. 4-2 didn't rank as high as the others IMO. Doesn't mean it won't be a good game.

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
same can be said for app/elon

especially with the weather and elon's run defense

Agreed, but I was trying to avoid the homer vote. Plus, since we lost the head to head, I think W&M may have a chance to stop them. I don't know if I want a PO'd JMU team in the playoffs, however. xrolleyesx

gmoney55
November 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Was there really not a better fourth option than Tennessee State/Jacksonville State?

Grizzaholic
November 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
How come the Big Sky never gets any GOTW love????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Next week.xsmiley_wix

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Was there really not a better fourth option than Tennessee State/Jacksonville State?

I was just looking at Yahoo top 25 FCS and tried to get the teams with the best, most comparable records. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there - GSU/Furman, Wofford/Samford come to mind, but they probably aren't up there with some of these. My $.02.

Grizzaholic
November 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I was just looking at Yahoo top 25 FCS and tried to get the teams with the best, most comparable records. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there - GSU/Furman, Wofford/Samford come to mind, but they probably aren't up there with some of these. My $.02.

There is always The Citadel's homecoming game this weekend.

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
There is always The Citadel's homecoming game this weekend.

Trying to keep this an FCS top 75 poll if possible, and I don't know if these two qualify. xnodx

Grizzaholic
November 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Trying to keep this an FCS top 75 poll if possible, and I don't know if these two qualify. xnodx

ok

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Of course there's also the rematch of last year's MEAC Championship Game in Norfolk xthumbsupx

xsmhx

Retro
November 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Mcneese at Northwestern Statexthumbsupx .. Winner still alive for Conference and playoffs.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM

We should be on there next week xreadx

gbhmt
November 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
We should be on there next week xreadx

Ohhhhh yeah.

petethepenguin15
November 13th, 2008, 08:14 PM
SDSU at So Ill, So Ill is winning the Missouri Valley because they have that big win over UNI. I think South Dakota State is the real last tough game for the salukis. If So Ill wins this game i think they will take the missouri valley and personally I dont want to see that happen. I believe the jackrabbits will win this game (hopefully) and get over the salukis

ngineer
November 13th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Same here. Slight edge over the ASU/Elon game...though the Holy Cross at Lafayette game has big playoff implications.

gocats05
November 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
what? no UNI INST? then again it wouldn't be good for UNI if it turned out being game of the week.

but i went with siu and sdsu because sdsu is playing great and im still not convinced that siu is unbeatable

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 13th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Should have added Mass and UNH to split the CAA vote:D

Houndawg
November 13th, 2008, 11:35 PM
SDSU at So Ill, So Ill is winning the Missouri Valley because they have that big win over UNI. I think South Dakota State is the real last tough game for the salukis. If So Ill wins this game i think they will take the missouri valley and personally I dont want to see that happen. I believe the jackrabbits will win this game (hopefully) and get over the salukis

Damn, Pete, that's downright uncharitable.:(