PDA

View Full Version : Lamar 2010 Football Schedule

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Lamar's head coach has given fans a glimpse into their 2010 schedule as they return to the football field...

Sam Houston State
McNeese State
Southeastern La.
Stephen F. Austin
South Alabama
Georgia State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
Langston

Working on FBS games against Hawaii, Oklahoma State, TCU down the road.

Hambone
November 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
You say 'return to the football field'. How long have they been gone??

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Is that their first year? With all those Southland teams, that's a way tougher schedule than ODU's first year of non-scholly and D-III teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Lamar's head coach has given fans a glimpse into their 2010 schedule as they return to the football field...

Sam Houston State
McNeese State
Southeastern La.
Stephen F. Austin
South Alabama
Georgia State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
Langston

Lamar/Georgia State will be way fun! xbowx

sharkeycox
November 13th, 2008, 09:18 AM
You say 'return to the football field'. How long have they been gone??

Lamar dropped football in 1989.xreadx

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM
VERY NICE, Ambious schedule. xthumbsupx

Given their proximity to the Gulf, hopefully they are making provisions to swap locations if hurricanes threaten. I'd hate to see teams of the SLC continue to suffer the fate suffered in 2005/2008. xnonono2x

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Lamar/Georgia State will be way fun! xbowx

That one will be in the GeorgiaDome.

Assuming the games against South Alabama, UND and NoCo are home-and-home agreements. SLC schedule kicks off in 2011 for the Cards.

ChooChoo
November 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Very exciting news! Thanks for the info.

Retro
November 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Well, they will have a decent shot againest USA and Georgia state since they're starting up as well.

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
That one will be in the GeorgiaDome.

Assuming the games against South Alabama, UND and NoCo are home-and-home agreements. SLC schedule kicks off in 2011 for the Cards.

Hopefully we won't have a UCA-type situation by then.

dbackjon
November 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM

That should not be an issue. Lamar is already D-I, so there is no transition period.

Same with Georgia State, Old Dominion, etc.

jaxstatealum
November 13th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Is that their first year? With all those Southland teams, that's a way tougher schedule than ODU's first year of non-scholly and D-III teams.

No kidding. That's a tough field to navigate

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM

UCA was different. A Div II team that had plenty of quality players from their nice Div II run before they jumped FCS.

It will be interesting to see what route Woodard goes in filling his squad in terms of where his personnel comes from. I've gotten quasi-answers on that. They are being very aggressive in getting walk-ons, which will help with the class balance. Curious to see how many true freshmen that they are able to redshirt in 2010 and even, 2011.

UNCBears2010
November 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Sam Houston State
McNeese State
Southeastern La.
Stephen F. Austin
South Alabama
Georgia State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
Langston

Should be a fun game.

slycat
November 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Nice schedule. Looks like Lamar is trying hard to come out of the gates with a good schedule.

centexguy
November 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Coach Woodard was on a local sports show and he mentioned that he's trying to get a game at Texas A&M in 2012, and a game at Hawaii too.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Coach Woodard was on a local sports show and he mentioned that he's trying to get a game at Texas A&M in 2012, and a game at Hawaii too.

A game against A&M would be surprising. They last played an in-state team when they hooked up against TxSt. Thought they were done with that and then apparently, they have a date against Prairie View A&M forthcoming. So, perhaps there's a change of policy. Rather save the money on an FCS foe (cheaper foes when they are in-state and can bus) and pay more for those FBS opponents who have escalating costs...

TexasTerror
November 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM
New Lamar University football coach Ray Woodard is not only a big man at 6-6, 290, he also thinks big. Woodard, in the process of putting future schedules together, called Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Michigan and Oklahoma State, among others. His first taker was Texas A&M. Although the contracts have not been signed, Lamar is tentatively schedule to play the Aggies at Kyle Field Sept. 8, 2012. Tentative dates have also been made with Oklahoma State and TCU in 2013. Asked about a possible game with Texas, Woodard said he was told the Longhorns weren’t interested in playing a 1-AA team. The LU coach wouldn’t say what the school’s payout will be for playing at A&M, but I’m betting it’s in excess of $500,000

http://www.panews.com/sportsbobwest/local_story_320194620.html?keyword=topstory

slycat
November 15th, 2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.panews.com/sportsbobwest/local_story_320194620.html?keyword=topstory

Good game. I don't see them paying 500,000 though. I think they paid Texas State 250,000.

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Good game. I don't see them paying 500,000 though. I think they paid Texas State 250,000.

I agree. It is probably no more than 400k. The LU football coach may have told them $500k... xnonono2x

houtexan
November 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
LU is committed to a great schedule both for the fans and financially. Good news!