PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State whups Boston College

Old Cage
November 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM
UMass fans live for stories like this:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/11/11/henrys_little_c.html

EmeryZach
November 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
HAHA that's great

danefan
November 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
That's great! And there is a ton of fan support for GSU...just look at the comments to that article.

Old Dominion and Georgia State will be forces to recon with in the CAA and FCS.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2008, 06:30 AM
These kind of announcements don't mean much in the long run, because a lot of players take I-A visits even though the school may not have them in their top tier.

If he can prove it on the field, great. Until then, let's put it in perspective.

Old Cage
November 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hoya - You are missing our perspective.

Any little dig at the "high school on the hill" is good fun for us. The Boston papers deify their every move.

(By the way, the comments to the story say that BC offered.)

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
These kind of announcements don't mean much in the long run, because a lot of players take I-A visits even though the school may not have them in their top tier.

If he can prove it on the field, great. Until then, let's put it in perspective.

This is true. The article states that he took an "official visit" to BC recently but I believe that is impossible. Official visits are only allowed in the December- Feb. time frame last time I checked, but I could be wrong. He probably got invited to attend a game with a few dozen other kids, which is common during the season as coaches dont have all that much time on game day to swoon over recruits. I enjoyed trips myself just like this to Pitt, Syracuse,and Rutgers knowing that they werent going to give me a scholly, but it was a good experience and got to meet McNabb as a college junior.