PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Youngstown State..

blazrdog#1
November 12th, 2008, 10:19 AM
talk about falling off the face of the earth. I would love to see our current coach & players face them again.

AppAlum
November 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Wasn't current Ohio State coach Jim Tressell their coach back when they were winning? Maybe he is the difference?

ASUPATCH
November 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Just 2 years ago we played them in the National Semifinals in Boone. I don't think the Tressel factor had anything to do with that season.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
They beat us 2 years ago. Hopefully just an off year for the Penguins.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Wasn't current Ohio State coach Jim Tressell their coach back when they were winning? Maybe he is the difference?

Yes he was.

:D Maybe he's the difference at OSU too.

Hansel
November 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
:o

ysubigred
November 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
xnonono2x Looks like we have a coach who can only rebuild not reload like St. Tressel did. We had a great team in 06 but still had nothing for the SOCON team from NC xbawlingx

Under the current situation at YSU; funds/coach/AD you won't see us anytime soon (playoff's) any way's. Our cupboard is bare and I see no relief in sight. AD and Coach are hometown products and in my humble opinion they need replaced.

xcoffeex

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Yes-- one of the best FB coaches in the country helped them

Husky Alum
November 12th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Is Youngstown still planning on coming to Boston next year, fulfill their commitment, and play NU at Parsons?

We've heard rumors of YSU trying to back out.

ysubigred
November 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Is Youngstown still planning on coming to Boston next year, fulfill their commitment, and play NU at Parsons?

We've heard rumors of YSU trying to back out.

It's still scheduled (my Birthday) xbdayx . I don't see how YSU can get out of it without paying $$ something that YSU's AD claims we don't have. xmadx

2009 Football Schedule

Day Date Opponent Location Time

Sat. Sept. 5 at Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA
Sat. Sept. 12 Austin Peay Stambaugh Stadium TBA
Sat. Sept. 19 at Northeastern Boston, Mass. TBA
Sat. Sept. 26 at Indiana State* Terre Haute, Ind. TBA
Sat. Oct. 3 Missouri State* Stambaugh Stadium TBA
Sat. Oct. 10 Western Illinois* Stambaugh Stadium TBA
Sat. Oct. 17 OPEN
Sat. Oct. 24 at Southern Illinois* Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat. Oct. 31 South Dakota State* Stambaugh Stadium TBA
Sat. Nov. 7 at UNI* Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA
Sat. Nov. 14 Illinois State* Stambaugh Stadium TBA
Sat. Nov. 21 at North Dakota State* Fargo, N.D. TBA
Sat. Nov. 28 FCS Playoffs Campus Sites TBA

*Missouri Valley Football Conference Game

JayJ79
November 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Sat. Nov. 21 at North Dakota State* Fargo, N.D. TBA
Sat. Nov. 28 FCS Playoffs Campus Sites TBA

Wow. NDSU isn't playing SDSU to end the season? I thought that was tradition.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
xnonono2x Looks like we have a coach who can only rebuild not reload like St. Tressel did. We had a great team in 06 but still had nothing for the SOCON team from NC xbawlingx

Under the current situation at YSU; funds/coach/AD you won't see us anytime soon (playoff's) any way's. Our cupboard is bare and I see no relief in sight. AD and Coach are hometown products and in my humble opinion they need replaced.

xcoffeex

Season tickets and fundraising could take a HUGE dive this year.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Sat. Sept. 5 at Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA

That's a cool game

FargoBison
November 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Wow. NDSU isn't playing SDSU to end the season? I thought that was tradition.

It's a three year tradition, but I don't mind it going since SDSU willl be more likely to allow the game to be televised earlier in the year.

Chi Panther
November 12th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I know its deeper than QB....but may have had some more W's without the QB injuries/issues...

JayJ79
November 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
It's a three year tradition, but I don't mind it going since SDSU willl be more likely to allow the game to be televised earlier in the year.

Oops. Guess I shoulda done my research.

mango43
November 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Isn't it a four year tradition with this being the fourth year?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM
talk about falling off the face of the earth. I would love to see our current coach & players face them again.

You need to learn what type of posts belong on the main board and which ones belong in the smack board. gnob.

JackTwice
November 12th, 2008, 09:26 PM

I doubt it will still be televised. I am a little bummed that this game is happening earlier in the year. Its a great attendance booster later in the year.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I doubt it will still be televised.

Why not? The game was televised a few years ago when it was in the middle of the season and I don't think your AD has to worry about it not selling out either.

SeattleGriz
November 12th, 2008, 10:28 PM
THE CURSE OF CAPN CAT!!!

griz&beer
November 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM
YSU was the winning-est team in the 9o's Over 100 wins.

Grizaholic17
November 13th, 2008, 01:19 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Youngstown State will be back with fire. YSU is one of the Universities that never goes away, they always find a way to get back into things. This was just a down year where the offense and defense were new to things and each other. Expect big things from them in years to come. They were overrated at the beginning, but who knew this would happen?

ysubigred
November 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
THE CURSE OF CAPN CAT!!!

Your right!! That Rat Bastard xmadx

:D xlolx

ysubigred
November 13th, 2008, 07:15 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Youngstown State will be back with fire. YSU is one of the Universities that never goes away, they always find a way to get back into things. This was just a down year where the offense and defense were new to things and each other. Expect big things from them in years to come. They were overrated at the beginning, but who knew this would happen?

Thanks for the encouragement. xthumbsupx