PDA

View Full Version : SoCon: Is Wofford better or worse this year?

terrierbob
November 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Seems our offense, at times, is better. Special teams and defense need work--they're young.

GATA
November 12th, 2008, 09:36 AM
They're worse. Josh Collier was a better QB.

Biff
November 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Not that it matters, as the past is the past ... but I don't think they are either. They seem to have maintained a standard and if they win out, I would say better. The loss to App St. is troubling, but I think App St. is a much improved team.

Either way a win against Furman and Samford would be finish it out nice for you guys.

blazrdog#1
November 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM
SU sometimes chokes on tv too.It WILL be a spectacular game that will show everyone what they need to know at this point.GATA should worry about his own offense which was VERY offensive by Erk the Great standards.They will have to play in Shades Valley next year on the field that Robert Bowden built !!!I take great pride in watching the nattering naybobs of negativism eat Shades Creek sediment on a weekly basis.It's been a long time since the late 80's & early 90's.Hopefully our B-ball coach will get his nose out of European Literature to match what Pat Sullivan has done in two years.Otherwise, you can schedule painting your gym floor on gameday with SU.P.S. also, bring a copy of the Iliad with you to read.The Princeton offense IS very offensive aka the Ambien Offense.

WOCO
November 12th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Seems our offense, at times, is better. Special teams and defense need work--they're young.

I think that the offensive and Defensive lines are better and the scheme is better. I like the LB's and FB's as well. The problem is with the skill players on the edges, specifically the HB's and DB's (it really shows on special teams). The best skill player is Andy Strickland. He could play at ANY school, but he doesn't get the touches at Wofford. I think he should be used like the WR from CIT. This entire year, except for 1 spin move, I haven't seen one halfback make a defensive player miss. They are productive, but a lot of 7 yard gains could be TD's with Kevious or Jessie McCoy (to go back a little) running the ball. The DB's cant cover a deep route. If the opposing QB can throw the ball far enough, it's a TD. All in All, I would say that is is a push leaning towards being worse, but they weren't supposed to be in the conversation this year anyway. They are close though. All that being said, they are still a great TEAM that will be a tough out. They are a few skill players away from being a NC team in my opinion. You will see a huge difference when Mitch Allen figures out how to read the option and is running the offense next year.

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I hope worse. Give the paladins a chance.

ASUMountaineer
November 12th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I think WoCo is about the same. Collier was a better QB, but you've got some awesome backs in Romero and Brietenstein. I think Collier was more mobile which presented another threat for defenses to keep up with. Like I said, I think they are about the same--maybe a slight edge to last year's team.

elon77
November 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM

It depends on which weekend. They were better the weekend they beat Elon, but they were worse the weekend they played ASU. Just look at last years results to see what I'm talking about.:D

WOCO
November 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I think WoCo is about the same. Collier was a better QB, but you've got some awesome backs in Romero and Brietenstein. I think Collier was more mobile which presented another threat for defenses to keep up with. Like I said, I think they are about the same--maybe a slight edge to last year's team.

Those backs are the fullbacks. They will hit you in the mouth for 60 minutes straight. The problem is that the HB's aren't going to MAKE plays. They just get what they can and it's over. It's deceptive though, because the Oline makes what they can get 7 yards every time. If they had #20 this year things would be a lot different.