9. Winner of EIU at JSU

Contenders that are in if they win next week:
Massachusetts (7-3) - they play at Hofstra
Richmond (7-3) - they play William & Mary at home
Southern Illinois (7-3) - they play North Dakota St. at home
Cal Poly (7-3) - they play Idaho St. at home
Lehigh (8-2) - they play Lafayette at home
Texas St. (8-2) - they play Sam Houston St. at home
Nicholls St. (4-3) - they play at SELU tonight and McNeese St. at home next week

Contenders that need to win, plus get help:
Coastal Carolina (9-1) - they play at Charleston Southern
South Carolina St. (8-2) - they play North Carolina A&T
Colgate (7-3) - they play at Georgetown
Lafayette (7-3) - they play at Lehigh

Predicted playoff field:
A-10: New Hampshire
BSC: Montana
GFC: Northern Iowa
MEAC: Hampton
OVC: Eastern Illinois
PL: Lehigh
SC: Appalachian St.
SL: Texas St.
Massachusetts
Richmond
Cal Poly
Youngstown St.
Georgia Southern
Furman
Coastal Carolina
South Carolina St.

Predicted seeds and first round matchups:
Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

FlyYtown
November 12th, 2005, 08:37 PM
A few notes.

1. YSU is not a lock. SIU IMHO is.

2. UNI is a lock; they won the Gateway.

3. WKU Can not make the playoffs whatever happens next week vs. D1A FIU.. They only have 5 Division 1 Wins...

FlyBoy8
November 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that about WKU.

And I know that YSU is not a lock technically speaking, I'm saying it is my opinion that they're already in.

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Nicholls St. (4-3) - they play at SELU tonight and McNeese St. at home next week

WIN and IN. They have head to head over TexSt for auto. They win against SELA (they are) and defeat McN (likely at home), Colonels are in and Texas St will get at-large.

You folks keep butchering SLC. We'll be two-bid unless Sam knocks off TexSt...

FlyBoy8
November 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I blame the hurricanes.

Hansel
November 12th, 2005, 08:44 PM
WIN and IN. They have head to head over TexSt for auto. They win against SELA (they are) and defeat McN (likely at home), Colonels are in and Texas St will get at-large.

You folks keep butchering SLC. We'll be two-bid unless Sam knocks off TexSt...
or if Nicholls loses to McNeese

PantherMan
November 12th, 2005, 08:46 PM
An SIU win next week, and the committee might have to choose between them and YSU. All indications, if that is what it comes down to, would have SIU in. YSU should be cheering for NDSU next week. SIU loses (they won't...mark it down) and YSU becomes a lock.

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2005, 08:47 PM
or if Nicholls loses to McNeese

I find that to be a difficult one for McN...

McN beat a sluggish and faltering NW State team at home. McN had issues putting away SHSU, lost to SELA and got slugged by TexSt. I think Nicholls will leave it all on the field and take it...

GSUhooligan
November 12th, 2005, 08:48 PM
A few notes.

1. YSU is not a lock. SIU IMHO is.

2. UNI is a lock; they won the Gateway.

3. WKU Can not make the playoffs whatever happens next week vs. D1A FIU.. They only have 5 Division 1 Wins...

Youngstown is a lock, they're 8-3 and play in the tough Gateway. SIU still has to play a damn good ND St. team.

FlyYtown
November 12th, 2005, 08:50 PM
PantherMan nice win.. From the YSU AD. This is newer than from the other day; after our game..

He talked with the GFC and he said no matter the outcome of that game; YSU is probably 95% a lock.. They said the NCAA Committee wouldn't and couldn't leave out 1 of the GFC Teams..

Especially with the A-10 in shambles today!

PantherMan
November 12th, 2005, 08:56 PM
PantherMan nice win.. From the YSU AD. This is newer than from the other day; after our game..

He talked with the GFC and he said no matter the outcome of that game; YSU is probably 95% a lock.. They said the NCAA Committee wouldn't and couldn't leave out 1 of the GFC Teams..

Especially with the A-10 in shambles today!

You're right. If other teams keep faltering, it gets much better looking for YSU. I believe that they are in regardless. I'm just pointing out that if it came down to a pick between YSU and SIU, it'd be a coin-flip. YSU, with their attendance and today's resounding victory will probably be highly considered for a host site! Congrats on the win, and good luck getting an at-large.

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Nicholls goes up 38-21 over SELA...

A win over McNeese and it's over, the Colonels will be dancing in the I-AA playoffs. They got to win at Guidry in Thibodaux first...

FlyBoy8
November 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM
There have been complaints the past couple years that the "East" bracket" has been easier than the "West." I think it should be pretty even this year.

FlyYtown
November 12th, 2005, 09:37 PM
If we host; teams are in deep trouble but UNI is also undefeated at home; 2 home bids for the gfc?

i hope so!

Cocky
November 12th, 2005, 09:41 PM
The winner of EIU v JSU might not be in the playoffs. If EIU wins they are in. If JSU wins it a 3 way tie decided by a coin toss.

EIU could get an at-large with a 8-3 record.

Hansel
November 12th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Possibly, but unlikely EIU gets in at 8-3 with the teams available this year.... IMHO :)

89Hen
November 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
There have been complaints the past couple years that the "East" bracket" has been easier than the "West."
By whom? The 'East' bracket produced the last two champions. In 2003 all four semifinalists were eastern teams (UD, Wofford, Cogate, FAU) and the only team that was a real dog in the "East" bracket was Montana State at 7-5.

Cocky
November 12th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Possibly, but unlikely EIU gets in at 8-3 with the teams available this year.... IMHO :)

But with all the 4 loss teams EIU may get in even with a loss.

Eagles_Cliff
November 12th, 2005, 10:58 PM
E. Washington gets the auto-bid if MSU defeats Montana.

Colgate gets auto-bid if Lafayette defeats Lehigh.

Nicholls is in if they win (auto) SLC has only Texas St. if McNeese wins.

If UMass, Richmond, Nicholls, and MSU all win, then some deserving teams will be left out.

Auto Bids

UNH
E. Wash
UNI
Hampton
OVC
Patriot
App St.
Nicholls St

At-Large Candidates

*UMass (8-3)
Richmond (8-3)
*Montana (8-3)
*YSU (8-3)
*SIU (8-3)
SC St. (8-3)
EIU (8-3)
Lehigh (8-3)
Colgate (8-3)
Lafayette (8-3)
*GSU (8-3)
*Furman (9-2) or (8-3)
*Texas St. (8-3)
Cal Poly (8-3)
Coastal Carolina (10-1)

*denotes teams I think would be chosen for 7 of the slots. The 8th slot would probably go to Richmond, though a good argument could be made for the others as well.

If your team doesnt have an *, you need to cheer for Montana, Hofstra, Wm & Mary, and McNeese St.

Notes: EIU is on the at-large list by virtue of being 8-3 at worst. Defeating Jax St. will make choices easier and also open an at-large for a more deserving team than EKU or Jax St.

If Lehigh defeats Lafayette, life is similarly simpler. Colgate will probably be
8-3, but losses to Cent Conn and Dartmouth will keep them out. IF Lafayette wins, Colgate is auto-bid winner and the committee will have a tougher choice with Lehigh and Lafayette both being 8-3.

So Cal-Poly, Coastal, SC St should hope 3 out of the 4 teams named above win and while you're at it, cheer for Lehigh and EIU...and ND St.

mainejeff
November 12th, 2005, 11:17 PM
My predictions:

Lehigh at #1 UNH
Cal Poly at #2 Montana
Coastal Carolina at #3 Appalachian State
Richmond at #4 Hampton
Texas State at #5 Furman
Eastern Illinois at #6 Northern Iowa
UMass at #7 Georgia Southern
McNeese State at #8 Youngsown State

Mr. C
November 12th, 2005, 11:29 PM
To clarify some things:

Appalachian State clinched the auto bid in the SoCon by beating Western Carolina. Even with a loss to Elon, the Mountaineers win the auto bid by holding the tiebreaker over Georgia Southern and Furman in a three-way tie, or Georgia Southern in a two-way deadlock.

Northern Iowa clinched the auto bid in the Gateway with the win over Southern Illinois. Southern Illinois needs to beat North Dakota State to get to seven D-I wins.

In OVC, Eastern Illinois wins the auto bid if it beats Jacksonville State (unlikely playing at JSU). If JSU wins and Eastern Kentucky wins next week at Tennessee State, it creates a three-way tie that will be broken by a coin flip to decide the auto bid. If JSU wins and EKU loses (very unlikely), JSU gets the auto bid because of its win head-to-head against EIU.

Nicholls State wins the auto bid in the Southland by beating McNeese State at home. If the Colonels lose, Texas State gets the auto bid with a win at home against Sam Houston State.

Montana wins the Big Sky with a win over Montana State, Eastern Washington wins the auto bid if Montana State beats Montana.

After talking to a committee member on Saturday, I have the strong impression that the four seeds will be New Hampshire, Appalachian State, Montana and Hampton, should all of them win their final games. ASU and Montana could possibly be flip-flopped between two and three, but the committee was strongly impressed by ASU's loss at LSU last week and LSU's performance in beating Alabama probably gives the Mountaineers even more clout. The committee is high on Hampton's undefeated record and also by Coastal Carolina's 9-1 record thus far. The committee is also being influenced by Hampton's high ranking in the polls. Furman and Texas State are probably the most likely teams to be seeded, if one of those top-four teams falter next weekend.

bkrownd
November 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM

Too damn far away. Please send us to somewhere easier to travel to, like UNI.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 01:04 AM
My predictions:

Lehigh at #1 UNH
Cal Poly at #2 Montana
Coastal Carolina at #3 Appalachian State
Richmond at #4 Hampton
Texas State at #5 Furman
Eastern Illinois at #6 Northern Iowa
McNeese State at #8 Youngsown State

I don't see how or why Lehigh would play the #1 seed. I cant see them sending a 9-2 team on a 6 game winning streak up there.

VictorG
November 13th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Like who cares, but I am tired of regional seeding! I want teams to play teams they haven't yet played even in the 1st round of the playoffs!!!

I certainly don't like replays of the regular season!!!

But then again, I don't like the French but they're still around. Who cares? :)

Tod
November 13th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Like who cares, but I am tired of regional seeding! I want teams to play teams they haven't yet played even in the 1st round of the playoffs!!!

I certainly don't like replays of the regular season!!!

But then again, I don't like the French but they're still around. Who cares? :)

I agree (except about the French). I don't want to see Cal-Poly again. Let's see someone new. Hampton! Ok, they'll be a seed, so that won't happen. How about Lehigh? :nod: :nod:

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I don't think a 9-2 Lehigh team should be sent out to Missoula, just like i don't think they should be sent up to #1 UNH. To me that is implying Lehigh is the weakest team in the field which isn't true.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Too damn far away. Please send us to somewhere easier to travel to, like UNI.

How about Bethlehem, PA? Only a 5 hour drive from Amherst.

Tod
November 13th, 2005, 02:16 AM
I don't think a 9-2 Lehigh team should be sent out to Missoula, just like i don't think they should be sent up to #1 UNH. To me that is implying Lehigh is the weakest team in the field which isn't true.

I didn't mean to imply that. I only meant to say it would be nice to see another team. But I don't think, other than the four seeds, the committee cares much about ranking. It's all geographic, which is why the Griz will see a SLC or GWFC team first. That's fine, but it would be nice to see somebody different.

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:25 AM
If its a Lehigh UMass matchup it will be in Amherst. How many times do I have to say that?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:27 AM
If its a Lehigh UMass matchup it will be in Amherst. How many times do I have to say that?

Based on what?

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Based on what?
A-10 stonger then Pat... If the A10 gets 3 teams in, 2 will be at home for round one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:31 AM
A-10 stonger then Pat... If the A10 gets 3 teams in, 2 will be at home for round one.

Yet 2 out of those 3 will have lost to Patriot League teams...lol

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Yet 2 out of those 3 will have lost to Patriot League teams...lol
And you lost to Delaware... there is nothing more to say then that!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:34 AM
And you lost to Delaware... there is nothing more to say then that!

So? You lost to Colgate, nothing more to say about that....

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:37 AM
So? You lost to Colgate, nothing more to say about that....
And we killed Delaware...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:40 AM
And we killed Delaware...

I think UD fans will admit UD was a much healthier team the first game up the year. Lehigh was up by 2 TD's with 8 minutes to go and collapsed, although UD made plays. I'm gonna argue since everyone knows it's futile. Lehigh did beat Colgate by 16.

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I think UD fans will admit UD was a much healthier team the first game up the year. Lehigh was up by 2 TD's with 8 minutes to go and collapsed, although UD made plays. I'm gonna argue since everyone knows it's futile. Lehigh did beat Colgate by 16.
Well to end this fight back and forth... A Pat league team will travel to an A10 team this year and every year unless they have a seed... just live with it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Well to end this fight back and forth... A Pat league team will travel to an A10 team this year and every year unless they have a seed... just live with it.

Lehigh wasn't a seed last year when JMU came to Goodman, and Lehigh wasn't seeded in 2001, first year of seeding, when they hosted Hofstra. Try again?

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Lehigh wasn't a seed last year when JMU came to Goodman, and Lehigh wasn't seeded in 2001, first year of seeding, when they hosted Hofstra. Try again?
Well I guess you could chalk JMU up to the fact that we had 4 teams in the playoffs and not all four can host... boy were they made a fool by JMUs run last season.

Have fun with your trip to UNH.

bkrownd
November 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM

That's farther from me, though. I'll be a 3 hour drive from UNI that day.

Cocky
November 13th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Notes: EIU is on the at-large list by virtue of being 8-3 at worst. Defeating Jax St. will make choices easier and also open an at-large for a more deserving team than EKU or Jax St.

If EIU wins JSU will not be considered for an at-large. JSU will have 5 losses. EKU would be a long shot at best with 4 losses. EKU with four loses should be consider with their losses being NC State, App State, EIU, and WKU not a bad list to lose to. If JSU loses the coin toss their loses would be to Furman, UC, UAB, and EKU not too bad of a list either. JSU would also be a long shot with 4 loses.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
SIU beats NDSU saturday we are in. There cannot be a debate as SIU shares a part of the gateway title (I know UNI beat us head to head) & we beat YSU. If the committee were to give YSU a bid over SIU even though we beat them and at the time # 1 WKU at home then their is a problem as we will know they are only concerned with $ and not with putting the best 16 teams in the playoffs. 1 point loss to UNI in the Dome where they are unbeatable & a loss to 1A Western Michigan (7-3) & Yes a pounding by ILSU, so while we have 3 losses none of them are losses to bad teams. At worst UNI & SIU get in with YSU outside looking in IF they take the best 16. A few surprises next week and YSU joins the group.

blukeys
November 13th, 2005, 11:29 AM
There have been complaints the past couple years that the "East" bracket" has been easier than the "West." I think it should be pretty even this year.

Who is making that complaint. The last 2 National Champions came from the "East" bracket.

lugo02
November 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Knocking-off another A-12 team in the 1st round won't be that bad, whether it is at Lehigh, Richmond, Umass or UNH

LUHawker
November 13th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Well I guess you could chalk JMU up to the fact that we had 4 teams in the playoffs and not all four can host... boy were they made a fool by JMUs run last season.

Have fun with your trip to UNH.

Best hope that UMass beats Hofstra. Otherwise, you might want to get your I-AA fix at Goodman the following week.

elkmcc
November 13th, 2005, 02:04 PM
After talking to a committee member on Saturday, I have the strong impression that the four seeds will be New Hampshire, Appalachian State, Montana and Hampton, should all of them win their final games. ASU and Montana could possibly be flip-flopped between two and three, but the committee was strongly impressed by ASU's loss at LSU last week and LSU's performance in beating Alabama probably gives the Mountaineers even more clout. The committee is high on Hampton's undefeated record and also by Coastal Carolina's 9-1 record thus far. The committee is also being influenced by Hampton's high ranking in the polls. Furman and Texas State are probably the most likely teams to be seeded, if one of those top-four teams falter next weekend.

I really doubt that the committee would seed a 8-3 team ahead of a Montana 9-2 team. Montana has more than a little bit of a playoff history and their continued record consecutive playoff appearance will carry some additional clout as well. Not to mention GPI, attendance history, last years runner up finish, etc. If Montana slips up against MSU (won't happen) ASU could very well get the #2. Otherwise sorry.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I really doubt that the committee would seed a 8-3 team ahead of a Montana 9-2 team. Montana has more than a little bit of a playoff history and their continued record consecutive playoff appearance will carry some additional clout as well. Not to mention GPI, attendance history, last years runner up finish, etc. If Montana slips up against MSU (won't happen) ASU could very well get the #2. Otherwise sorry.
App St is averaging 22k plus fans this year, I doubt attendance will be an issue for them. I do think it is currently

UNH, Mont, App, and Hampton 1-4 however

twentythreeOh4
November 13th, 2005, 02:26 PM
SIU beats NDSU saturday we are in. There cannot be a debate as SIU shares a part of the gateway title (I know UNI beat us head to head) & we beat YSU. If the committee were to give YSU a bid over SIU even though we beat them and at the time # 1 WKU at home then their is a problem as we will know they are only concerned with $ and not with putting the best 16 teams in the playoffs. 1 point loss to UNI in the Dome where they are unbeatable & a loss to 1A Western Michigan (7-3) & Yes a pounding by ILSU, so while we have 3 losses none of them are losses to bad teams. At worst UNI & SIU get in with YSU outside looking in IF they take the best 16. A few surprises next week and YSU joins the group.

The bold part is the only thing you should be worried about. NDSU is not a gimmee.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Read my other posts concerning NDSU and you will see that I have not overlooked that game in any way shape or form. SIU will be at home vs a quality NDSU squad. All this game can do is better prepare SIU for the playoffs with a victory.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Read my other posts concerning NDSU and you will see that I have not overlooked that game in any way shape or form. SIU will be at home vs a quality NDSU squad. All this game can do is better prepare SIU for the playoffs with a victory.
I think most of the fans discounting NDSU next week are not SIU fans, look at the playoff threads, pretty much everybody expects us to lose, I just hope we can keep it within 30 ;)

umassfan
November 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Knocking-off another A-12 team in the 1st round won't be that bad, whether it is at Lehigh, Richmond, Umass or UNH
Lehigh does not have the defense to slow down UNH or the offense to keep up.

IaaScribe
November 13th, 2005, 05:53 PM
My best guess after this weekend:

Lehigh at (1) New Hampshire
Nicholls State at Northern Iowa

Cal Poly at (4) Montana
Massachusetts at Youngstown State

Coastal Carolina at (3) Furman
Georgia Southern at Texas State

Richmond at (2) Hampton
Ohio Valley Champ at Appalachian State

Ronbo
November 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM
There would be an outcry heard around the nation if Hampton got a #2 seed. They would be 6-5 if they played in the Big Sky.

nmatsen
November 13th, 2005, 06:55 PM
My best guess after this weekend:

Lehigh at (1) New Hampshire
Nicholls State at Northern Iowa

Cal Poly at (4) Montana
Massachusetts at Youngstown State

Coastal Carolina at (3) Furman
Georgia Southern at Texas State

Richmond at (2) Hampton
Ohio Valley Champ at Appalachian State

You are forgetting SIU, SIU with a probable win next weekend at home against NDSU would finish 8-3 with a close 1-A loss and heart wrenching loss to us should be in the field. However, they will go on the road as they dissapointed so many last year with the 1 seed and then to bow out in the playoffs. If YSU is in, so is SIU, they did win head to head.

One thing is right, the NCAA will give YSU a home game deserving or not just due to attendance (see Montana). Stambaugh has proved they can bring in 20-25K for playoffs.

I like UNI having a home game but could we move our place in the bracket, I don't like staring at a second trip to Wash Griz in five years! ;)

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
You are forgetting SIU, SIU with a probable win next weekend at home against NDSU

Yeah, I am just hoping we can keep them under 50, we are pretty overmatched ;)

Mr. C
November 13th, 2005, 07:17 PM
App State and Montana have 7-1 records right now in I-AA games. ASU has two losses to good I-A teams, Montana has one. Montana has a D-II win. They both have one loss against ranked I-AA opponents. You can doubt all you want but my info was coming from an extremely high source.

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 07:28 PM
App State and Montana have 7-1 records right now in I-AA games. ASU has two losses to good I-A teams, Montana has one. Montana has a D-II win. They both have one loss against ranked I-AA opponents. You can doubt all you want but my info was coming from an extremely high source.
What does your source tell you about Cal Poly??

IaaScribe
November 13th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Southern Illinois is a real tough call. I think three Gateway teams and three SoCon teams have very legitimate arguments for getting in.

I get the feeling Coastal is going to get in (they'll beat Chuck South by five TDs). If Cal Poly loses its finale, its done. If Richmond loses to W&M, they're done. If UMass loses to Hofstra, they're done. I don't think any of these three will happen, and I picked my field accordingly.

So NIU gets the Gateway tiebreaker? Then, yeah, SIU would have a pretty decent argument to get in over YSU.

Should be a real fun last week of games, that's for sure.

elkmcc
November 13th, 2005, 07:52 PM
OK lets say everything else is equal. Does a I-A loss mean more than a DII win?
A compelling arguement can be made for the Griz if other factors are considered.
I remember when Hogan chaired the Committee. He thought he knew all the answers but in the end, he didn't exactly get his own way either.

Now if history means a hill of beans, The Griz look better yet.
It might be moot anyway. The Griz still have to beat the Cats. The Bobcats aren't just going to roll over for the Griz. If they get past the cats I like their chances for a top seed.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2005, 07:58 PM
What does your source tell you about Cal Poly??
Didn't mention Cal Poly one way or the other. Our conversation got cut short before I could find out more. My hunch is that Cal Poly is in with a win. The trend has been get screwed one year and get in the next year.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Please tell me how YSU gets in over SIU. SIU beat them head to head and also lost to UNI just not by 1 point. I love how people's opinions change on a dime. SIU is a better team and they proved it head to head, but I see how $ talks and that is the only thing that could keep SIU from the playoffs (assuming we take care of business NDSU)

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I think SIU makes it; but YSU and UNI have best shots at a home game.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM
that makes sense as SIU cannot hold a candle to your field or attendance. Unfortunately we don't have the community or campus support which is pathetic and unacceptable. That being said we had a chance at a home game and didn't take care of business in the final 15 yesterday so we don't deserve one regardless. SIU wins saturday and they get sent on the road 1st round simple as that.

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
that makes sense as SIU cannot hold a candle to your field or attendance. Unfortunately we don't have the community or campus support which is pathetic and unacceptable. That being said we had a chance at a home game and didn't take care of business in the final 15 yesterday so we don't deserve one regardless. SIU wins saturday and they get sent on the road 1st round simple as that.

Agree Completely; and most teams in I-A Really don't have that great fan support in a loned out part of a state. YSU has 7,000,000 within 1 hours travel; of course probably only 1,000,000 are Penguin Fans

inpsite1919
November 14th, 2005, 01:43 AM
There would be an outcry heard around the nation if Hampton got a #2 seed. They would be 6-5 if they played in the Big Sky.

They don't play in the Big Sky. They're 10-0 GET OVER IT.. :deadhorse

inpsite1919
November 14th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Didn't mention Cal Poly one way or the other. Our conversation got cut short before I could find out more. My hunch is that Cal Poly is in with a win. The trend has been get screwed one year and get in the next year.
SCSU FINISHED 9-2 LAST YEAR IMPROVED THEIR OUT OF CONFERANCE SCHEDULE AND IF THEY WIN SAT. WILL FINISH 9-2 AGAIN THIS SEASON

R.A.
November 14th, 2005, 01:59 AM

Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

umassfan
November 14th, 2005, 02:40 AM

Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

South Carolina St has 0.5% chance of making the playoffs... some wacky things have to happen sat for them to make it in... I just dont see it happening.

November 14th, 2005, 02:58 AM
They don't play in the Big Sky. They're 10-0 GET OVER IT..What's Dayton's, San Diego's, Grambling's and Coastal Carolina's record again?

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 05:35 AM
[I]Predicted seeds and first round matchups:
Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.
[/QUOTE]

How in God's name does Texas State get a seed at number 4? You got to be kidding me.