PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Crapsville (especially for UNI fans):

TCisMYhero
November 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
It has been nearly one year to the day since I made the mistake. "Don't go into Crapsville," they said. "You'll ruin your teams season." Well I thought I would defy the odds. I thought I would be the one to break the curse. I clicked it. Let me tell you friends, it was a bitter experience, not enjoyable in the least. And what did I get for it? A home loss ruining a number one ranking and my senior year as the mascot. I got to walk out of the dome off of Sherriff Field one last time, looking up at the most depressing scoreboard I had seen since 2005 in Chattanooga.
Don't linger too long on the smack page, the power of Crapsville compels you. Don't tempt fate. Don't even wonder what it's like. Click away. Close your browser. Pull the plug if you have to. But for God's sake, if your team has even a chance to sniff the postseason, STAY AWAY FROM CRAPSVILLE!!!!
I ruined the Payton Award runner up's senior campaign. I ruined a whole school's chance to claim a national title. I ruined a perfectly good trip to Chattanooga for a ten minute trip to Crapsville. I felt so dirty. It was like being with an App St. cheerleader. Or her brother (/husband). It was like when Angela and Andy necked. Learn from my mistake. I did. Don't tempt the FCS football Gods!
xnonono2x

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
It couldn't possibly be that Delaware really was better. xrolleyesx

xlolx:p

TCisMYhero
November 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I would say talent level of the teams overall was pretty equal. Our coaches f'ed us on that particular Saturday.

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
It couldn't possibly be that Delaware really was better. xrolleyesx

xlolx:p

Hows it working out for ya now? We are back, and you are.....well...

Rob Iola
November 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
... watching Joe Flacco go apesht in the NFL.

Equal talent my left butt-cheek - better coaching, better QB, better RB, and when it counted better D...

Why Farley ever gave up on the run is beyond me - we couldn't stop you guys if our lives depended on it (and they did)...

clenz
November 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM

Equal talent my left butt-cheek - better coaching, better QB, better RB, and when it counted better D...

Why Farley ever gave up on the run is beyond me - we couldn't stop you guys if our lives depended on it (and they did)...
He claims UD change their front and was starting to slow Lewis down...xconfusedx

Rob Iola
November 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
He claims UD change their front and was starting to slow Lewis down...xconfusedx
Yeah, we put on velcro uniforms so that when he was running over us his cleets were sticking...

clenz
November 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, we put on velcro uniforms so that when he was running over us his cleets were sticking...Smart move

UDBlueLotFan
November 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
It has been nearly one year to the day since I made the mistake. "Don't go into Crapsville," they said. "You'll ruin your teams season." Well I thought I would defy the odds. I thought I would be the one to break the curse. I clicked it. Let me tell you friends, it was a bitter experience, not enjoyable in the least. And what did I get for it? A home loss ruining a number one ranking and my senior year as the mascot. I got to walk out of the dome off of Sherriff Field one last time, looking up at the most depressing scoreboard I had seen since 2005 in Chattanooga.
Don't linger too long on the smack page, the power of Crapsville compels you. Don't tempt fate. Don't even wonder what it's like. Click away. Close your browser. Pull the plug if you have to. But for God's sake, if your team has even a chance to sniff the postseason, STAY AWAY FROM CRAPSVILLE!!!!
I ruined the Payton Award runner up's senior campaign. I ruined a whole school's chance to claim a national title. I ruined a perfectly good trip to Chattanooga for a ten minute trip to Crapsville. I felt so dirty. It was like being with an App St. cheerleader. Or her brother (/husband). It was like when Angela and Andy necked. Learn from my mistake. I did. Don't tempt the FCS football Gods!
xnonono2x

Naaahhh, we were just better last yrxnodx Come on in, I'll buy ya one!!xwhistlex

T-Dog
November 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I've tempted the curse and I'm still fine. xnodx

But then again that's mostly because my team is better than your team. xsmiley_wix

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Flacco is doing ok. Kurt Warner on the other hand, IS going ape...

If you think UD had superior talent you are wrong by the way. Nobody wants your D-bag coach either.xcoolx

UDBlueLotFan
November 11th, 2008, 09:57 PM

If you think UD had superior talent you are wrong by the way. Nobody wants your D-bag coach either.xcoolx

Flacco is having a record-rookie yr for NFL QB's xeyebrowx ...Warner is in like his 40th yrxsmiley_wix ; can't compare the twoxnonox

If talent didn't beat you on your homer-domer field, what did?xconfusedx As for the coach,...he's got sum explaining to do!!xrulesx

FYI, we are walking the fence on becoming SMACK xwhistlex ...all the reason why "Crapsville" shouldn't be mentioned in FCS Discussion.

I'd be willing to cont. the thread in Crapsville/Smackxnodx Come on in,...don't be scerd' xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah, we put on velcro uniforms so that when he was running over us his cleets were sticking...

xbowx Beating UNI and SIU on the road in consecutive games was a hell of an achievement last year, but I don't think that UD had us beat talent wise, other than Flacco of course. I thought Randle was better than Cuff that night.

Rob Iola
November 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
xbowx Beating UNI and SIU on the road in consecutive games was a hell of an achievement last year, but I don't think that UD had us beat talent wise, other than Flacco of course. I thought Randle was better than Cuff that night.
Yup, have to agree that Randle had the better game in Carbondale. That was an odd game, what with you guys getting the early lead, our LB getting tossed out on a goofy call, and then a stalemate. The difference ended up being the kicking game...

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yup, have to agree that Randle had the better game in Carbondale. That was an odd game, what with you guys getting the early lead, our LB getting tossed out on a goofy call, and then a stalemate. The difference ended up being the kicking game...

And Flacco's ability to complete passes while in the grasp of a rusher. He must have done that four times. Now I see why. Did you know his team mate, LB Bart Scott, played at SIU?

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Flacco is having a record-rookie yr for NFL QB's xeyebrowx ...Warner is in like his 40th yrxsmiley_wix ; can't compare the twoxnonox

If talent didn't beat you own your homer-domer field, what did?xconfusedx As for the coach,...he's got sum explaining to do!!xrulesx

FYI, we are walking the fence on becoming SMACK xwhistlex ...all the reason why "Crapsville" shouldn't be mentioned in FCS Discussion.

I'd be willing to cont. the thread in Crapsville/Smackxnodx Come on in,...don't be scerd' xlolx xlolx

You're right, I wont compare the two untill Flacco wins two MVP'sxthumbsupx

As for how we lost. We just lost. You win some, and you lose some. Two even teams played that day and UD won. That's all.

uofmman1122
November 12th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Hows it working out for ya now? We are back, and you are.....well...xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

9-1?
#5 in the country?
Steamrolling teams left and right?
On track to be considered over UNI for a seed?

I'd say that's working out quite nicely for me right now.

.....Oh......

You thought I was a Delaware fan....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tod
November 12th, 2008, 01:01 AM
xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

9-1?
#5 in the country?

.....Oh......

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WildcatFan
November 12th, 2008, 05:22 AM

I didn't realize Kurt played for you last year. Must have missed that on my trip to the dome.

clenz
November 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM

If you think UD had superior talent you are wrong by the way. Nobody wants your D-bag coach either.xcoolxI want his hair...I mean heck, I would NEVER have to wear a helmet or worry about my hair getting messed up ever again. Plus I'd always have a pair of sunglasses to wear.

BlueHen86
November 12th, 2008, 09:03 AM
xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

9-1?
#5 in the country?

.....Oh......

Hilarious.

uofmman1122
November 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hilarious.Hey, I already stuck up for you guys once in this thread. :p

BlueHen86
November 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hey, I already stuck up for you guys once in this thread. :p
Thanks.

UD is in Crapsville, UNI is not, UNI fans shouldn't be posting on this thread, it's bad karma. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I've gone into crapsville thread this year a few times this year and it seems to be working okay for us this year.

I think last year we got beat by a team who was better on that day. Flacco is a heck of a player, but I am not convinced that Cuff was better than Corey Lewis either. UNI fans stop arguing with these Delaware fans they were playing in Chattanooga last year while we were sitting at home. Give them credit.

As for you Delaware fans thinking Flacco right now is better than Warner, just listen to who is getting talked about for MVP this year. If he wins it he will be in company with only Brett Farve as a three time NFL MVP. Flacco MAY end up better, but don't count your chickens after just one HALF of a season.

BlueHen86
November 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
As for you Delaware fans thinking Flacco right now is better than Warner, just listen to who is getting talked about for MVP this year. If he wins it he will be in company with only Brett Farve as a three time NFL MVP. Flacco MAY end up better, but don't count your chickens after just one HALF of a season.

No Delaware fan has said so (at least not on this thread), and it was a UNI fan than mentioned Warner in the first place.

As for me, Warner is my favorite NFL player. I'd love to see him win in the playoffs with the Cardinals and I hope he makes the HOF someday. Flacco is off to a good start in the NFL, but I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet.

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Okay well that is my mistake. I am sorry.

uni88
November 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I've gone into crapsville thread this year a few times this year and it seems to be working okay for us this year.

I think last year we got beat by a team who was better on that day. Flacco is a heck of a player, but I am not convinced that Cuff was better than Corey Lewis either. UNI fans stop arguing with these Delaware fans they were playing in Chattanooga last year while we were sitting at home. Give them credit.

Well said!