PDA

View Full Version : SDSU* @ SIU

JBB
November 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Talk about good games! This one is two well matched top level ball clubs. In fact, against SIU the Jacks stack up more favorably than NDSU. The BISON beat them why not the Jackrabbits?

BISON fans are pulling for our old pals. A Jackrabbit victory would be sweet for both schools raising the stakes for the looming Border Marker game in Fargo.

What I like about this game is the SDSU defense. It is one of the best in the league. They may be a little susceptible to the pass but with the league leading pass offense they should be able to keep pace.

SIU has a good running game. They have a shifty back and a power back, both are capable of controlling a game or changing it but still they are in the bottom half of the league rushing.

In the end, I think the rushing game has to go to SDSU. The Jacks have the statistical edge on offense and defense. They have an ace in the hole too: The Jacks score a lot on the ground.

The Jacks with Ryan Berry at QB are the leagues premier passing team. Last week he put on a clinic with clean crisp passes right on the target. Their passing game is a thing of beauty. It can go long, short, inside or outside. Their receivers run great patterns and get open. Once they catch the ball they are a threat to add yards.

Dont get me wrong, both of these teams are very good. Both stand out in the conference stats and both know how to win.

I expect the Jacks to control the ball and get first downs. They will chew up yards and clock finally getting close. They are the highest scoring team in the MVFC in the red zone. Both teams will score but in the end SIU wont be able to keep pace. If the weather is bad its even more in favor of the JackRabbits.

nmatsen
November 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
GO JACKS! GO JACKS! GO JACKS! GO JACKS!

Killsback
November 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
JBB,

SIU's defense is ranked higher agaihnst the rush, in scoring defense and total defense. Our offense is second to SDSU in scoring, but has a better rushing game, just barely, and is third in passing offense to SDSU's first.

The game is at the MAC where SIU has lost inly four games in the last 6 years.

You guys are playing for third place after this weekend.

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Go SIU! Don't muddle that playoff race!

RabidRabbit
November 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM
SDSU is healthy, and playing great on offense. Jacks D has been stout, and much better (than at UNI game) as all but one starter are back and shutting down the run, and covering passes well.

Minett/Duffy/Paula are having a great time running out of the backfield, and for play action.

SIU will be a tough battle, and visiting teams have not done well in Carbondale. We'll see if Jacks can add another loss for the Salukis.

nmatsen
November 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM
JBB,

SIU's defense is ranked higher agaihnst the rush, in scoring defense and total defense. Our offense is second to SDSU in scoring, but has a better rushing game, just barely, and is third in passing offense to SDSU's first.

I disagree, after seeing SIU and SDSU, SDSU rolls this game by 14. No smack intended. SDSU should own this game.

Jacks Roll, UNI wins the league, makes the MVC a 1 bid league as they sell out the 3 or 4 seed for more bids from other conferences. I have seen it before.

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Should be a great game, but SDSU plays so much better in Brookings than they do on the road. As they only have 2 wins on the road and that was against teams with a combined 4 wins on the year...

I would love to see UNI get the autobid so we don't have to worry about getting left out if we do not take care of business in Cedar City or even if we win out and have to worry about getting an at-large.

I just have a tough time believing SDSU can do it AT Carbondale. If this game was in Brookings the Jacks would roll. I think it should come down to the end, but unfortunately I see SIU pulling it out.

Mustang Man
November 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Go Jacks! Improve our GPI.

MplsBison
November 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping SIU wins this one and that WIU loses to YSU or ISU.

That gives NDSU the best chance to be the 3rd team taken from the MVFC, assuming we win out.

Chi Panther
November 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
SDSU is healthy, and playing great on offense. Jacks D has been stout, and much better (than at UNI game) as all but one starter are back and shutting down the run, and covering passes well.

Minett/Duffy/Paula are having a great time running out of the backfield, and for play action.

SIU will be a tough battle, and visiting teams have not done well in Carbondale. We'll see if Jacks can add another loss for the Salukis.

We hear this every year......

malibudude
November 11th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Go Jacks, you are on a roll!

nmatsen
November 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM

That gives NDSU the best chance to be the 3rd team taken from the MVFC, assuming we win out.

Assuming you win out you are still being silly, your bread was toasted the day you walked off the UNI Dome turf with an L. FORGET ABOUT IT, NDSU NO WAY NO HOW MAKES THE PLAYOFF DISCUSSION!

jackmd
November 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Jacks are going to have to play their best game of the year to win in Carbondale. SIU seems to get stronger as the season goes along and winning on their field is an uncommon event. We can do it because we have to do it. There is a lot of pressure on both teams and I think our guys will be ready to play their best game of the year.

I'm concerned about our kick coverage, kicking/punting game, and the number of passes JeRon dropped against Ill. St. and the number of passes Ill. St. dropped against us. The Redbirds would have had a lot better start if their receivers catch the ball. Our D-line needs to get more pressure on the QB than they have or the secondary is going to get burned more than a few times.

I don't know anything about SIU's special teams but I'm guessing they will have a fairly sizeable advantage. In the trenches we were dominated by UNI, we were hurt but we were dominated. We're healthy now and dominated against MSU and ISU but now we get SIU, a totally different level. Both teams have excellent offensive ability, I think SDSU is more balanced and a little bit better in both the pass game and the run game. The Jacks have to win out to even be consdiered for a playoff spot. I think we can do it in a close contest, we win by less than 10 points.

UNI Pike
November 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM

http://www.seomoz.org/img/upload/Image/crackpipe.jpg

89rabbit
November 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Big weekend for the Jackrabbits. Go State, Go State!

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM

The MVFC won't get three teams if SDSU does not win out. Even if SDSU does win out, the MVFC may only get two teams. NDSU, for all intents and purposes, is eliminated. The best they can do is 7-4, and they have a horrendous loss to Youngstown on their schedule, already.

JBB
November 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
JBB,

SIU's defense is ranked higher against the rush, in scoring defense and total defense. Our offense is second to SDSU in scoring, but has a better rushing game, just barely, and is third in passing offense to SDSU's first.

This game is a toss up with advantage SDSU because of the commanding passing superiority. It overcomes the intangibles you are talking about. This clearly has the potential to be a great football game. Its not like Coach Lennon and Coach Stiegelmeier dont have a history either.

Heres how close it is:

Its less than a point advantage for SIU in scoring defense and about 7 yds/game total defense.

SDSU holds a 7 pt. advantage in scoring, the SIU rushing game averages 0.1 yd more/game.

The advantage SDSU has in passing is about the only significant statistical difference. If the Jacks get their passing game they will be very hard to beat. Impossible if they get the rest of their game.

Im looking at conference only stats.

Saluki09
November 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I think this game comes down to how big of a lead SIU gets in the first half. We are HORRENDOUS in the 3rd quarter being outscored 15-69. We were beating UNI 24-7 at the half, and NDSU 20-7 at the half (though it should have just been 20-0 with that fumble that wasn't called). We are a great first half team, but for whatever reason we just do horribly in the 3rd quarter.

JayJ79
November 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I would love to see UNI get the autobid so we don't have to worry about getting left out if we do not take care of business in Cedar City or even if we win out and have to worry about getting an at-large.

If UNI wins its two remaining games, they will make the playoffs. Regardless of the autobid status. There is NO way that a 10-2 (well, 9-2 + the South Dakota win) from the MVFC gets left out.

Though if UNI loses at SUU (or at InSU), then they might have to worry. I dunno.

But as for the topic at hand, I have no clue who will win. Should be a good game either way.

slostang
November 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Here is one Mustang fan pulling for the Jacks. The Jacks are one of my favorite teams in the FCS. Gotta love that mid west smash mouth football that the Jacks play. Go Jacks go.

leatherneck177
November 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
This should be a great game. I hope they have a better crowd in Carbondale than last week!

I think that SDSU will continue to roll along, I think a good balanced offense can beat the Salukis (something the Leathernecks didn't have.)

SDSU 33
SIU 21

joecooll6
November 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hey, hey, whaddaya say- LETS GO JACKS!

RabidRabbit
November 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM
This should be a great game. I hope they have a better crowd in Carbondale than last week!

I think that SDSU will continue to roll along, I think a good balanced offense can beat the Salukis (something the Leathernecks didn't have.)

SDSU 33
SIU 21

WIU is very dependent upon Herb Donaldson having a break-out running day, and not real successful in adding in passing. If Jacks are successful, they will run about as much as they pass. Jacks have many weapons on offense. We'll see if the defense is as stout as we believe them to be.

Jacks02
November 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
SDSU is as healthy as they've been since the first half of the Western Illinois game early in the season and really seem to be clicking on all cylinders right now. Obviously some of that is because of the recent competition, but I do think the Jacks are playing their best ball coming down the stretch.

SDSU does seem to have trouble with smaller, quick running backs but I think with having Campbell and Kjerstad back their run defense is much better now than it was against UNI, Cal Poly, and McNeese earlier in the year.

Interesting matchup with huge playoff implications. I may be a homer, but I think SDSU pulls off the win on the road by a 34-31 score.

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
A lot of people were picking WIU over UNI at one point too. I just see the Jacks struggling on the road. The Mac is one heck of a tough place to get a win just ask UNI. Not that I won't be cheering for the Jacks. I just see SIU coming away victorious this week.

Khan4Cats
November 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm kind of torn on who to root for in this game. Yes, an SDSU win likely gives UNI the auto-bid and outright conference championship. And if that was all there was to it, I would stick with that.

But, SDSU would still have to play at NDSU the last week. A loss to the Bison and the Rabbits are sitting home for the play-offs (and they might be even with a win). Likewise, SIU still has to play at Illinois State . I think the Salukis are the better team in that match-up but if they come out of SDSU with a loss and any injuries, they could drop that as well. that would make the MVFC a 1-bid conference. I don't want to see that.

So it would be just nice that, whoever wins this weekend, may their last opponent just roll over and let them secure a 2nd play-off bid please? j/k

Why the heck is this game not televised!!!???

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I disagree,[/B] after seeing SIU and SDSU, SDSU rolls this game by 14[/B]. No smack intended. SDSU should own this game.

Jacks Roll, UNI wins the league, makes the MVC a 1 bid league as they sell out the 3 or 4 seed for more bids from other conferences. I have seen it before.

If I hadn't seen us since the third week of play I'd agree with you, but, and nobody seems to get what a huge but this is, you saw us in the third game of a new coach's system, a new QB, and a very limited play book We still put up 20 points and won the special teams battle. On defense we had to play just our base 3-4 the whole game; we lost the game of stats, but our D made big plays on big downs and at least two of your fumbles were caused by big hits. No smack intended here either. I think SDSU matches up better than WIU did and that if they can pass to set up the run they can win. If they try to run first they lose.

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
And you played us when our QB was making his third start and first Valley road game, while being protected by a brand new o-line....so what. I think the game on saturday will be REALLY close.

MplsBison
November 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Assuming you win out you are still being silly, your bread was toasted the day you walked off the UNI Dome turf with an L. FORGET ABOUT IT, NDSU NO WAY NO HOW MAKES THE PLAYOFF DISCUSSION!

If NDSU wins out, SIU wins out, WIU loses one more and SDSU loses to SIU and NDSU, then plain and simple NDSU is the choice IF the MVFC gets three in.

Would they get three in? Maybe not.

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
If NDSU wins out, SIU wins out, WIU loses one more and SDSU loses to SIU and NDSU, then plain and simple NDSU is the choice IF the MVFC gets three in.

There's no "maybe" about it.

If NDSU is the third best team in the MVFC, they do not get three. There will not be a 7 win team in the tournament, when you consider the 8-4 options (UMass if they win out, Richmond if they lose to W&M, Furman if they lose to Wofford) that are much better candidates.

Sturgisjeff
November 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
The way the Bison keep getting ranked in the coaches poll I think if they were 0-10 they would still get a play-off game. They are not a top 25 team at the moment. This will be a chest clutching, heart thumping game from start to finish and if the weather is at all bad or windy the edge has to go to the Jacks who play and practice in the wind just about every day. They are also very good in the cold.

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
And you played us when our QB was making his third start and first Valley road game, while being protected by a brand new o-line....so what. I think the game on saturday will be REALLY close.

Like I said, no smack intended. I just see a lot of posts from Panther fans that seem to think the game was a fluke. SDSU brings in the best QB in the league this week, but I'm pretty sure it's been a few games since he's felt pressure like he's going to feel this week. Lennon knows how to coach against these guys.

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 05:58 PM
The way the Bison keep getting ranked in the coaches poll I think if they were 0-10 they would still get a play-off game. They are not a top 25 team at the moment. This will be a chest clutching, heart thumping game from start to finish and if the weather is at all bad or windy the edge has to go to the Jacks who play and practice in the wind just about every day. They are also very good in the cold.

I don't see weather being a factor, regardless of the forecast.

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think both UNI and SIU were very equal the day they played. Obviously because the final was only 3 points difference on a last second field goal. I am not sure UNI fans think it was a fluke just more they felt like we could have very easily won or possibly should have won since we had chances. I give credit to SIU for pulling that one out. Something we obviously couldn't do on that particular day.

I personally would love to see a rematch in the playoffs, but that may require you guys to win this weekend which I have picked you already to do.

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Like I said, no smack intended. I just see a lot of posts from Panther fans that seem to think the game was a fluke. SDSU brings in the best QB in the league this week, but I'm pretty sure it's been a few games since he's felt pressure like he's going to feel this week. Lennon knows how to coach against these guys.

It wasn't a fluke. I mean, losing however many times in Carbondale now, we know it wasn't a fluke. But it is hard to swallow when you have 5 turnovers and still only lose by 3. That is the reason for the reaction from panther fans. This game is pretty much the season for both SDSU and SIU on saturday. Good luck.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
GO JACKS! GO JACKS! GO JACKS! GO JACKS!

agreed xhurrayx

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM

xlolx no way.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM

I've seen footage from NDSU and WIU. Not buying what you're selling.

ValleyChamp
November 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I think its funny how there are STILL NDSU fans that just cannot wrap their mind around the fact that they will NOT be in the playoffs. Dillusional to say the least.

JackTwice
November 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Lennon knows how to coach against these guys.

Yes, Lennon has coached against SDSU. But since the last time a Lennon coached team faced a Stig coached team SDSU had a completely different offense, a completetly different defense and have gone through two different coordinators in each position. These aren't your 2003 Jackrabbits anymore.

To borrow a Craig Bohlism "Its going to be a whale of a game."

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Being as Lennon has coached against SDSU in the past wouldn't that mean that Coach Stig and Co. would also know how to coach against him as well?

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM
It wasn't a fluke. I mean, losing however many times in Carbondale now, we know it wasn't a fluke. But it is hard to swallow when you have 5 turnovers and still only lose by 3. That is the reason for the reaction from panther fans. This game is pretty much the season for both SDSU and SIU on saturday. Good luck.

True dat, as we well know from last year.xpeacex

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Being as Lennon has coached against SDSU in the past wouldn't that mean that Coach Stig and Co. would also know how to coach against him as well?

Yes.

This would be a great week for us to play four quarters.

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM

I'm seeing SIU by 3-7, you?

89rabbit
November 11th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Some bedtime reading:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=1622751

Jacks prepare for showdown at SIU

Two of the three remaining one-loss teams in the Missouri Valley Football Conference square off Saturday, as South Dakota State travels to nationally ranked Southern Illinois.

Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. at McAndrew Stadium in Carbondale, Ill.
SDSU enters the key matchup on a three-game winning streak, during which it has improved to 6-4 overall and 5-1 in league play. The Jackrabbits ensured a winning mark in their inaugural season in the MVFC with a 52-21 victory over Illinois State Nov. 8 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

SIU has reeled off five consecutive victories since a 35-27 setback at North Dakota State on Oct. 4. The Salukis, ranked ninth in the Football Championship Subdivision Coaches Poll and 10th in the Sports Network media poll, are 7-2 overall and 5-1 in the MVFC.

The league’s other one-loss team, Northern Iowa, can clinch at least a share of the conference title Saturday, when it plays at Indiana State. . . . (read more)

MplsBison
November 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM

If NDSU is the third best team in the MVFC, they do not get three. There will not be a 7 win team in the tournament, when you consider the 8-4 options (UMass if they win out, Richmond if they lose to W&M, Furman if they lose to Wofford) that are much better candidates.

CAA and SoCon will already get 3 in. No reason to give them any more.

RabidRabbit
November 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM

IMHO ONE non-auto-bid will go to Cal Poly who will have an 8-2 (but only 7 D-I wins) because of the hurricane Ike lost game vs McNeese. Started with an 11 game schedule, and played USD Yotes (non-counter) in GWFC action. So only 10 games. IF Poly knocks off Wisconsin at Camp Randall, which would give them 9 wins, and 2 FBS wins, they will be seeded.

SDSU vs SIU - GREAT GAME!!! Will this be available for video viewing from SIU? Not showing as available via GoJacks.com.

Big Cats
November 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Give it up MplsBison. Like the Cub fans say, "Wait till next year."

MplsBison
November 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I guess we'll see.

Killsback
November 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I disagree, after seeing SIU and SDSU, SDSU rolls this game by 14. No smack intended. SDSU should own this game.

Are you making this comparison based on the game SIU played aganst UNI? Or are you measuring how much SIU's "D" has improved since that game? We are a much better team than we were when we played UNI and we don't lose at the MAC. Just ask any UNI fan. If you are the best in the league and you could not win here, why do you think SDSU who has struggled on the road, can come in here and win? Just asking! I think what you want to happen and what will happen in the game Saturday are two different things. Irf SDSU can't run then our linebackers will be in the QB's face all day. And not one back since NDSU's Proehl has gained 100 yards on the ground against us. Can't wait for Saturday.

jackmd
November 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Are you making this comparison based on the game SIU played aganst UNI? Or are you measuring how much SIU's "D" has improved since that game? We are a much better team than we were when we played UNI and we don't lose at the MAC. Just ask any UNI fan. If you are the best in the league and you could not win here, why do you think SDSU who has struggled on the road, can come in here and win? Just asking! I think what you want to happen and what will happen in the game Saturday are two different things. Irf SDSU can't run then our linebackers will be in the QB's face all day. And not one back since NDSU's Proehl has gained 100 yards on the ground against us. Can't wait for Saturday.

I think we can run and I think we can pass. Our offense will do an adequate job. As for defense, we can stop the run in the middle of the field. If you guys can get outside with your RB or QB we might not do as well.

Biggest concern for me is special teams. Our kick and punt coverage has not been great. Our kicking has been less than average and our punter has been hurt and then used only once or twice in the last 2 games. If we can't kick/punt well we are likely to lose the field position battle. With 2 teams matched-up as evenly as these 2 that could decide the game. Of course, turnovers are the great equalizer and we've been winning that battle lately.

Lennon has had success against us in the past but we are a totally different program now. Going to be one hell of a game Saturday.

siuham
November 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I think we can run and I think we can pass. Our offense will do an adequate job. As for defense, we can stop the run in the middle of the field. If you guys can get outside with your RB or QB we might not do as well.

Biggest concern for me is special teams. Our kick and punt coverage has not been great. Our kicking has been less than average and our punter has been hurt and then used only once or twice in the last 2 games. If we can't kick/punt well we are likely to lose the field position battle. With 2 teams matched-up as evenly as these 2 that could decide the game. Of course, turnovers are the great equalizer and we've been winning that battle lately.

Lennon has had success against us in the past but we are a totally different program now. Going to be one hell of a game Saturday.

Ruh-roh.

I have this strange feeling SDSU won't to kick to Warner at all this game, just like WIU.

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I wish UNI hadn't kicked to Warner on the first kickoff of the game, but I guess hindsight is 20/20

jackmd
November 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ruh-roh.

I have this strange feeling SDSU won't to kick to Warner at all this game, just like WIU.

Exactly. Lately we've been adding some defensive starters to kick coverage teams but there have still been some huge holes for return men and we haven't faced anyone like Warner lately. I'm not sure some of our casual fans (there are a lot of them) realize how important kicking/punting is to the field position game and ultimately the outcome of games especially when facing teams with equal offense and defense. We lost one of the best kickers in the nation last year and our punter has been hurt. Hard to comment on the punt game because we didn't punt against MO St. and the 30 mph wind decided which punts were good or bad against Ill St.

I don't think we can "win" the kicking game and that will put a lot of pressure on the defense and for that matter the offense as well. I think we need to be at least +2 on turnovers to win this game. I'm sure our coaching staff is working hard on special teams and that takes away from offensive and defensive preparation. Again, its going to be fun.

BisonBohl
November 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know why you guys are jumping on m-bison all he is doing is hoping for the best for the bison. Yeah are playoff chance are slim to none but we are not eliminated yet. We have a little hope and as long as thats there then why not cheer for it. Its not like he saying were going to be in if it happens, hes just simply cheering for the best.

So yes this year sucked, and yes we will likely not be in the playoffs but if there is a little hope left out there you gotta cheer for it, otherwise your not a true fan.

jackmd
November 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know why you guys are jumping on m-bison all he is doing is hoping for the best for the bison. Yeah are playoff chance are slim to none but we are not eliminated yet. We have a little hope and as long as thats there then why not cheer for it. Its not like he saying were going to be in if it happens, hes just simply cheering for the best.

So yes this year sucked, and yes we will likely not be in the playoffs but if there is a little hope left out there you gotta cheer for it, otherwise your not a true fan.

Damn threadjacking Bison fans. Is it just me or do 90% of threads where Bison fans get involved end up jacked? I'm guilty of the occasional thread wandering but why are we discussing the VERY SLIM playoff chances for the Bison on this thread?

Back to the SIU/SDSU game.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM

:D Easy there, tiger. I think that SDSU matches up better than UNI did; even if (when) we stop the run they have a very good QB who can still beat you. xnodx I think our D has an edge in speed on their O.

UNI Pike
November 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Mostly because of the accumulated reputation of past comments, he is not given much slack.

http://www.tias.com/stores/bfa/pictures/vipearlt2a.jpg

joecooll6
November 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Are you for real? JUST GIVE IT UP! It aint happening. Besides, the CAA has 12 teams so it isnt unreasonable for them to expect 4 teams to make it.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Me too, we've had three punts blocked this year, a sign of our youth. My advice is just give us the ball on the 40; don't kick to Warner, besides being fast he disappears in a crowd.

Lennon may be going against a totally different program but he's doing it with the best group of athletes he's ever had. The down side is that they're still adjusting to each other and a new system and have yet to play four quarters of football on both sides of the ball. This could be a real cardiac game.

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM

You mean because every statistical measure from any poll or rating system suggests there are SEVEN teams (William & Mary, UNH, UMass, Maine, Richmond, 'Nova, JMU) better than the third contender from the MVFC (and six of those teams are higher than Southern Illinois in the current GPI).

As it is, one of W&M/Richmond, UNH/UMaine and UMass are all likely to be sitting at home with pretty solid GPI's. They'll get four, and they might get five again.

BisonBohl
November 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Damn threadjacking Bison fans. Is it just me or do 90% of threads where Bison fans get involved end up jacked? I'm guilty of the occasional thread wandering but why are we discussing the VERY SLIM playoff chances for the Bison on this thread?

Back to the SIU/SDSU game.

True, this shouldnt over shadow why this thread was made.

Should be a great game and best of luck to both teams.

See you guys in two weeks and bring our marker back. :P

jackmd
November 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Just giving you proud, I mean very proud, Bison fans a bit of a hard time. I wish our fanbase was as dedicated and devout as yours. Looking forward to both of these games. Regardless of the outcome this weekend we will be looking forward to the trip to Fargo.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Stig talks about SIU here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfEJOVUoUxc

mango43
November 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM

We'll bring the marker back to Fargo, too bad for Bison fans that it will be going home with the Jacks xlolx

Houndawg
November 15th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Too bad. You missed the bottom of the market.xpeacex