PDA

View Full Version : Jax St Vs Tenn State

hawkeye
November 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Not trying to start nothing......:D But, could it be true.

TSU fan Statement: "Like, Lee Corso, Not so fast my freind. Heff is healthy again, and we are rolling. We rolling through Jax state to get an OVC championship." (This does make great lockeroom posting J. State)

So, Heff vs Perilloux. Which one will have the best day? Skyhawks and Colonels pullin for Jax St. of course.xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Don't forget, Jax State's playoff hopes are on life support, but they do exist. Doesn't it go to a coin flip if it's a 4-way tie with UT Martin, Tennessee State, Jax State and EKU all tied with two losses apiece? I realize this requires Murray State or SEMO to pull an upset this weekend. But it's still a path, I think, to a postseason chance.

hawkeye
November 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Don't forget, Jax State's playoff hopes are on life support, but they do exist. Doesn't it go to a coin flip if it's a 4-way tie with UT Martin, Tennessee State, Jax State and EKU all tied with two losses apiece? I realize this requires Murray State or SEMO to pull an upset this weekend. But it's still a path, I think, to a postseason chance.

With 2 losses each that is my understanding, it would go to a coin flip.

jaxstatealum
November 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I hope somebody on our side is posting this stuff in the locker room. Tenn State is a fine football team. Everytime I've tried talking smack I've been disappointed so....

I will say this, IF TSU overlooks us they will be surprized. IF we put a complete game together we will win - close. xnodx

Playoffs - I would'nt vote for us this year because we have losses to both EKU and UTM, but I do think the coin flip is the way it is done xrolleyesx

Gamecocks99
November 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I hope somebody on our side is posting this stuff in the locker room. Tenn State is a fine football team. Everytime I've tried talking smack I've been disappointed so....

I will say this, IF TSU overlooks us they will be surprized. IF we put a complete game together we will win - close. xnodx

Playoffs - I would'nt vote for us this year because we have losses to both EKU and UTM, but I do think the coin flip is the way it is done xrolleyesx

Jax State's losses were 31-30 to UTM w/ a missed extra point w/ driving rain the entire game and 38-35 to EKU. We have NOT been blown out by anyone.

jaxstatealum Shame on you as an Alum you should always vote for the home team no matter what. I surely wouldn't want you as an attorney. Jax State along with other teams have lost the first game to a team during the regular season then against the same team won against them on down the road in the playoffs. This could happen if Jax State played EKU or UTM in the playoffs. If we win Saturday we have a good chance at 8-3 of going to the playoffs.

bigbluetiger
November 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM

No one from TSU is overlooking JxSU. This game has been circled on my calendar since Labor Day weekend. The TSU Atlanta Alumni is bringing a bus and many of us are following. Not confirmed but Look for buses from Memphis and Nashville too.

Should be a dandy of a game. I have dubbed it the Worlds Smallest Cock-Tail party. Pun intended.

jaxstatealum
November 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM
No one from TSU is overlooking JxSU. This game has been circled on my calendar since Labor Day weekend. The TSU Atlanta Alumni is bringing a bus and many of us are following. Not confirmed but Look for buses from Memphis and Nashville too.

Should be a dandy of a game. I have dubbed it the Worlds Smallest Cock-Tail party. Pun intended.

xlolx Cock-Tail - I love the pun... Have you been to J'ville? If not welcome in advance!!!

EKU05
November 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm rooting for the cocks in this one...as you might expect.

bigbluetiger
November 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm rooting for the cocks in this one...as you might expect.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/pink.jpg

That's make two of you.

MaroonDoom
November 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
It is time to step up JSU & prove your manhood. Stay stiff.

Gamecocks99
November 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
www.5Dimes.com picks Jax State by 5 1/2 :

Tennessee State at Jacksonville State
11/15/2008
3:00 PM (EST)
525 Tennessee State +5½ -1201.833
526 Jacksonville State -5½ -1201.833

Our Cocks take a big step forward and bring home a victory for the final game of the season.

Big C Little o c k s Jax State Gamecocks O Hell Yes !

Give 'em Hell Jax State !

Only positive people win ! We hate the naysayers !

My Cocks WIN on Saturday ! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bigbluetiger
November 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
www.5Dimes.com picks Jax State by 5 1/2 :

Tennessee State at Jacksonville State
11/15/2008
3:00 PM (EST)
525 Tennessee State +5½ -1201.833
526 Jacksonville State -5½ -1201.833

Our Cocks take a big step forward and bring home a victory for the final game of the season.

Big C Little o c k s Jax State Gamecocks O Hell Yes !

Give 'em Hell Jax State !

Only positive people win ! We hate the naysayers !

My Cocks WIN on Saturday ! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bet the farm and loose your house. T-State wins by a touchdown.

MaroonDoom
November 12th, 2008, 02:16 PM
If JSU jumps on them early & think the old TSU will bear its ugly head (i.e.- penalties, etc)?

roTSU50
November 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Nope, we are cured of those ills.

There is no stopping us now. We are ready to roll.

jaxstatealum
November 12th, 2008, 03:06 PM
The question is... roll where? Back to Nashville wondering how you lost xlolx xpeacex

bigbluetiger
November 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/321683/2/istockphoto_321683_rooster_with_its_head_on_the_bl ock.jpg

Get ready for the chopping block. Big Blue Rolls!!!!

jaxstatealum
November 12th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Oh my.... that picture looks rather compromising xlolx xlolx

hawkeye
November 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
My question is................WHERE IS COCKY?!?! Its like he has given up. I cant believe it. Surely he still has some hope. Come on Cocky. Give some insight into just how Mr. Perilloux is going to perform. You guys are no doubt going to score points. Question is.......can your defense corner Heff enough for the win?

jaxstatealum
November 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Question is.......can your defense corner Heff enough for the win?

NO xrolleyesx xnonono2x Of course that won't stop me from talking smack

blazrdog#1
November 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM
but the BIGGER question IS who wins the Battle of the Bands?xviolinx xbandwagonx xcoolx

jaxstatealum
November 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Seriously... battle of the bands.... puulease....

TSU's will be extremely entertaining and a joy to watch, but there is no contest. There is no band in the country that can compete at every level with the Marching Southerners. Not pride. Simply fact! xnodx

Cocky
November 13th, 2008, 09:45 AM
The UTM game sucked the wind out of my sails. JSU has the talent we just need someone to direct us.

Gamecocks99
November 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The UTM game sucked the wind out of my sails. JSU has the talent we just need someone to direct us.

I think it has hurt many of the the Jax State Faithfuls Feelings. But we have not given up. If we can beat the Number 16 Team in the Nation it will say alot about our Gamecocks. Our team is healthy and ready to get on like Donky like Kong. Ready Break !

I hope we have a good attendance at the game. TSU sounds like they are going to bring a good crowd. It will be alot of fun. Bring a jacket the weatherman says it will do good to get out of the 40's on Saturday with a stiff breeze. Paul Snow Stadium acts like a wind tunnel on a windy day! The wind chill may make it feel much colder. So make sure to bring enough gear to keep warm. When your warm you can make much more noise than if your freezing. So bring a loud voice and lots of noise.

Gamecocks99
November 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
GameDay Weather from ABC 33 / 40 James Spann

Saturday - 11/15

Windy and sharply colder. Becoming mostly sunny.Low: 47 High: 52

Wind: NW 12-22 mph Sun Percentage: 70% Hours Of Rain: 0

Rain Potential: 0.00" Severe Weather Threat: None

He said the Wind could Gust up as high as 30 mph on Saturday

bigbluetiger
November 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM

TSU's will be extremely entertaining and a joy to watch, but there is no contest. There is no band in the country that can compete at every level with the Marching Southerners. Not pride. Simply fact! xnodx

Do you really believe that? I've seen them once or twice and the sound is good but I'm not into guys in tights.

Gamecocks99
November 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Do you really believe that? I've seen them once or twice and the sound is good but I'm not into guys in tights.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jaxstatealum
November 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM

I gotta agree the guys in tights with the alternate lifestyle are not my thing xrolleyesx

However, the band - yes I believe that:

Top 8 US Marching Bands: By Quinnipiac OTR

1) Goin’ Band From Raiderland of Texas Tech University. This 450-member ensemble is the largest band in the NCAA. It won the 1999 Sudler Trophy for consistent excellence. They are led under the direction of Christopher Anderson.

2) Golden Wave Band of Baylor University. This is another band that has received high praises. Although the name is only 79 years old, the band itself has been an important part of the University for 100 years. Originally a 43-member band back in 1929, it now has over 135 members. They are led under the direction of Dr. Barry Kraus who is also the University’s Associate Director of Band s.

3) Fightin' Texas Aggie Band of Texas A&M. This band is the largest military marching band in the United States. There are about 350 cadets that are members of the band and they usually play before an audience of over 86,000 people. They won Sudler Trophy in 2001.

4) Marching Southerners of Jacksonville State University. This marching band consists of the color guard as well as the marching ballerinas to make their performance lively and memorable.

5) Spirit of Northwestern of Northwestern State University. Their march i ng band is only one of many including concert and jazz bands. Dances by the Demon Dazzlers, Purple Pizzazz and Twirlers help complement the music.

6) Redcoat Band of the University of Georgia. Over 100 years old, this military band has grown from just 20 members in 1905 to over 350 today. They are considered the heart of the Bulldog Spirit.

7) Michigan Marching Band of the University of Michigan. Under the direction of Scott Boerma, this band was the first Big Ten band to perform in a Rose Bowl game in Pasadena, California, as well as Super Bowl VII back in 1973.

8) Marching Royal Dukes of James Madison University. This 365-member band helped celebrate the first year of JMU football in 1972. Since then it has traveled all over the world, including Dublin, Ireland where they were the featured band for their New Year’s celebration in 2003 and 2006. They have also performed at the 2001 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City. The Marching Royal Dukes was the recipient of the 1994 Sudler Trophy

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Jax State's losses were 31-30 to UTM w/ a missed extra point w/ driving rain the entire game and 38-35 to EKU. We have NOT been blown out by anyone.

jaxstatealum Shame on you as an Alum you should always vote for the home team no matter what. I surely wouldn't want you as an attorney. Jax State along with other teams have lost the first game to a team during the regular season then against the same team won against them on down the road in the playoffs. This could happen if Jax State played EKU or UTM in the playoffs. If we win Saturday we have a good chance at 8-3 of going to the playoffs.

Wow! This may be the only time I have seen such a condemnation of another poster for NOT being a homer. xeekx You do back up your points very well though. xnodx

roTSU50
November 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM

LOL. What in the world are you talking about?

You know I am not even going to acknowledge you with an answer.

Your not even the best band in Alabama. Are band is louder with clean, cut, clear musicianship than yours with less membersxnonox

Nonsense.

jaxstatealum
November 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Your not even the best band in Alabama. Are band is louder with clean, cut, clear musicianship than yours with less membersxnonox

Nonsense.

Anyway homer... u must be a troy condom (cough - trojan) fan... xwhistlex

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
8) Marching Royal Dukes of James Madison University. This 365-member band helped celebrate the first year of JMU football in 1972. Since then it has traveled all over the world, including Dublin, Ireland where they were the featured band for their New Year’s celebration in 2003 and 2006. They have also performed at the 2001 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City. The Marching Royal Dukes was the recipient of the 1994 Sudler Trophy

Can't really complain about #8, although I think the bands 1-7 are a little different than those listed.

As far as JMU, I was with the MRDs when we traveled to Europe (Paris, Cannes, Monaco, Genoa, Milan, Chiasso, Lucerne, Frankfurt) to perform for the 700th anniversary of the Pricincipia of Monaco. We also did a parade in Genoa, Italy.

This year you can catch the MRDs performing in the Macy's Parade again. Their show is nothing short of awesome, with a cool twist and unique version of Sing!Sing!Sing! with the Dukettes dancing. xbowx

ENJOY with your Turkey Dinner!

Gamecocks99
November 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Nonsense.

And from what stone have you crawled out from under neath. What school band do you represent? Have you seen the Southerns?

JaxStateAlum has already provided an outside 3 party rating of the Top 8 Marching bands in the Nation. Is that not good enough for you? Do you have proof of how Good or Great your band rates nationally ?

hawkeye
November 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Nonsense.

TSU50-I will have to agree. And lets not forget "THE SOPHISTICATED LADIES" xnodx Them gals swung it out of gear!! Yea baby!!xeekx Got a picture of them?

bigbluetiger
November 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Two different style bands. Any yahoo can make up a poll. Back to the game.

Gamecocks99
November 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Two different style bands. Any yahoo can make up a poll. Back to the game.

Agreed back to the Game !!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Here is a Great Place to eat in Jacksonville about 2 blocks from the stadium.

All you Tennessee State fans, if your looking for a great place to eat close to the stadium go by Effina's Tuscan Grill. Great food and great service. They have great steaks, shrimp and several pasta dishes and they have sandwiches & salads. The pizza is great too and they serve wine and beer on tap. Effina's Tuscan Grill is located on HWY 21 and Mountain St. Waffle house on one side of Hwy 21 and the US Post Office on the other. This is the intersertion where you will turn to go to the stadium off of Hwy 21 onto Mountain Street NW. The phone number is 256-782-0008. Good Luck and have a safe trip.

We look forward to the cock tail party !

joecooll6
November 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Do you really believe this? Will the OVC get two teams in again? Even this year with the top heavy CAA and SoCon?

bigbluetiger
November 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Agreed back to the Game !!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Here is a Great Place to eat in Jacksonville about 2 blocks from the stadium.

All you Tennessee State fans, if your looking for a great place to eat close to the stadium go by Effina's Tuscan Grill. Great food and great service. They have great steaks, shrimp and several pasta dishes and they have sandwiches & salads. The pizza is great too and they serve wine and beer on tap. Effina's Tuscan Grill is located on HWY 21 and Mountain St. Waffle house on one side of Hwy 21 and the US Post Office on the other. This is the intersertion where you will turn to go to the stadium off of Hwy 21 onto Mountain Street NW. The phone number is 256-782-0008. Good Luck and have a safe trip.

We look forward to the cock tail party !

Thanks for the invite. No promises but I might just stop by.

hawkeye
November 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Do you really believe this? Will the OVC get two teams in again? Even this year with the top heavy CAA and SoCon?

xnodx and it does chap some $ss's. But happens year after year.

JaxSinfonian
November 14th, 2008, 07:50 AM
If we win Saturday we have a good chance at 8-3 of going to the playoffs.

You'll all have to excuse my friend Gamecock99. He is relentlessly, even offensively, positive. He'll hear no counterargument to Jax State's chances of winning the national title. But that's not such a bad thing, I suppose. More power to him.

Seriously, we're a long-shot, but it's nice to have a shot at all. At least we're already playoff eligible, something that hasn't happened since 2004.

As for the bands, it's great that the Aristocrat of Bands finally is making the trip to J'ville. We have been treated to more visiting bands at Paul Snow stadium this year than I can remember seeing in a long time: Alabama A&M started it off, then Austin Peay surprised us all by showing up a couple weeks ago. And since the Southerners made the trips to Georgia Tech, Chattanooga and UT-Martin, this may set a JSU record for the number of two-band games, at least since we jumped to DI.

BigBlueTiger is right, these are two very different and hard-to-compare performance styles, and it's not the first time our fans will have been faced with such a sharp contrast in approaches. As a Southerners alum, I could be shot for not saying our band is the absolute best at what they do (also, I believe it). If all I've heard about the AOB is true, they're among the best at their game, too. JSU's group is going to put a powerful piece of art on the field and leave the fans screaming for more, and will try to hold their own in the stands. I expect TSU to wow the crowd with energy at halftime, and to bowl us over in the stands throughout the game. Whatever happens, the fans are in for a real treat tomorrow.

Sadly, I won't be there (first home game I've missed in I-don't-know-how long). I'll be nearby though, so I should be able to hear both bands just fine from across town.

JaxSinfonian
November 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Oh yeah, then there's the game.

Offensive shoot-out. Our defense is going to have to rise to the occasion to pull it out. If our backs can find some room to run we might just pull this thing off.

Also, the Gamecocks must play all four quarters. The first few plays after halftime should tell whether we've got a shot.

42-38 Jax State.

Gamecocks99
November 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Leonard's Loser for Jax State vs Tennessee State Game

by Red Rooster from GoJaxState.com We all miss Leonard.

The Music City Felines will load their tour bus and travel to the Northeast Alabama Chicken Coup to take on the Bantam Roosters of Jacksonville State. The Tigers have their claws extra sharp and their sights on an OVC title Saturday but they will find out that the Big Red Chanticleers have their spurs even sharper and refuse to be turned into cat food. After feathers have been plucked and stripes have been removed the Gamecocks' crow will be louder than the TSU growl.

Leonard's Loser, in a close one, - Tennessee State
================================================== ======

You have to love Leonard. A classic from the days gone by.

hawkeye
November 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Leonard's Loser for Jax State vs Tennessee State Game

by Red Rooster from GoJaxState.com We all miss Leonard.

The Music City Felines will load their tour bus and travel to the Northeast Alabama Chicken Coup to take on the Bantam Roosters of Jacksonville State. The Tigers have their claws extra sharp and their sights on an OVC title Saturday but they will find out that the Big Red Chanticleers have their spurs even sharper and refuse to be turned into cat food. After feathers have been plucked and stripes have been removed the Gamecocks' crow will be louder than the TSU growl.

Leonard's Loser, in a close one, - Tennessee State
================================================== ======

You have to love Leonard. A classic from the days gone by.

Gosh I miss him too!! It looks like the little red smart pill machine has done it again. Now, get me outta here Percy. xlolx

Weems
November 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Lets go Gamecocks! Now... If only UTM can handle business on saturday... hmm :)

colonelblitz
November 15th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Lets go Gamecocks! Now... If only UTM can handle business on saturday... hmm :)
Nope...xnonox

Weems
November 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Nope...xnonox

Well, we each did what we had to do.

Mark your Calenders, Nov 22!