PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Conference Week 12

dgreco
November 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
All games are at 1pm. Again pick'em and then a power ranking?

Central Connecticut State at Sacred Heart

Monmouth at Duquesne

Robert Morris at St. Francis (PA)

Wagner at Albany

Bryant at Iona

dgreco
November 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
where is everyone!?

Bulldog Fan
November 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Central Connecticut State over Sacred Heart by 3 points

Monmouth over Duquesne by 21 points

Robert Morris over St. Francis (PA) by 10 points

Albany over Wagner by 17 points

Bryant over Iona by 14 points

jpg_91
November 12th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sacred Heart over CCSU by 7
Monmouth over Dusquesne by 14
Robert Morris over St. Francis by 21
Albany over Wagner by 17 (and McCarty sets the school rushing record by the end of the first quarter)
Bryant over Iona by 21 (No fight left in Iona after all that is happened lately)

danefan
November 12th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Monmouth at Duquesne
Wagner at Albany
Bryant at Iona

Power ranking:
Albany
Monmouth
Sacred Heart
Central
Bryant
Duquesne
Robert Morris
Wagner
St. Francis (winless....really?)
[/URL] (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1202029) [URL="http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1202029"]

WWII
November 12th, 2008, 10:13 PM

Monmouth at Duquesne

Wagner at Albany

Bryant at Iona

dgreco
November 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Central Connecticut State at Sacred Heart - I think SHU can pull this one out. CCSU is on and off and you can't tell what they are going to bring to the table.
Monmouth at Duquesne - long trip, but I think they are just better than the Dukes.
Robert Morris at St. Francis (PA) - St. Francis continues to stink.
Wagner at Albany - Albany is another team that is just better than who they are playing.
Bryant at Iona - Iona barely beat two DII teams that struggled against the DII teams Bryant beat. Plus Iona has zero DI wins. I think Bryant can win this road game.

Power Rankings:

1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Bryant
5. Robert Morris
6. CCSU
7. Wagner
8. Duquesne
9. St. Francis

seahawkfan2007
November 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Week 12 predictions:

CCSU @ Sacred Heart: Game of the week! I like SHU at home by a FG in this backyard brawl. SHU 27-CCSU 24

Monmouth @ Duquesne: Monmouth caps off another solid season. Monmouth 31-Duquesne 14

RMU @ St. Francis (Pa): RMU by a big number. St. Francis(Pa) is looking forward to wrapping this season up ASAP. RMU 35-St. Francis 10

Wagner @ Albany: I would like to think Wagner can make this a good game but that's doubtful. Wagner started 08', talented enough to exceed their 7-4 record last year. Injuries have been a factor all year but then again we lost at Stonehill College at full strength in week one. Albany's McCarty should have a great day and congrats to the Danes on another NEC tiltle. Albany 34-Wagner 3

Bryant @ Iona: It's an exciting time to be a Bryant supporter. Great transisition year. Future opportunities to win NEC Championships and make the NCAA playoffs are possibilities. Sadly for Iona there may not be a need to re-condition their equipment after this year. Rooting for the Gales but; Bryant 38-Iona 20

seahawkfan2007
November 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Forgot the power ratings. I agree with dgreco's list except I would change Wagner to 8. and Duquesne to 7.

aceinthehole
November 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Central Connecticut State at Sacred Heart - CCSU wins to finish in 3rd, yet again. Not a great year for the Blue Devils, but 7-4 aint too shabby (only bad loss at RMU). SHU will finish 8-3, but best win is vs RMU.

Monmouth at Duquesne - MU is still one of the NEC's best. Also will finish at 7-4, but a clearly below UA and above CCSU this year. The Dukes will be a NEC contender in years to come.

Robert Morris at St. Francis (PA) - RMU finsihes over .500 in NEC. Wins vs. CCSU and Western PA rivals Duquesne and SFPA are a highlight. Flash go winless overall :(

Wagner at Albany - What a run by UA! Undefeated (13-0) and Back-to-back NEC champs the last 2 years. Wagner took a step back from last year, but they can climb back to the pack next season.

Bryant at Iona - Bryant will do well in the NEC and FCS. They may also go in the record books as Iona's final opponent.

aceinthehole
November 14th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Power Rankings:

1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Bryant
5. Robert Morris
6. CCSU
7. Wagner
8. Duquesne
9. St. Francis

Yeah, really??? CCSU is 6th in the NEC?

We beat Bryant, who is 2 spots ahead of us? Assumming a win vs SHU, CCSU will finsh 7-4 and in 3rd place in the NEC.

Who has SHU beat so far?? 2 D-II teams? 2 former MAAC teams? RMU? They had a weak schedule and haven't earned any "power" ratings yet!

Wagner has 1 NEC win (vs SFPA). How are they ahead of Duquesne?

Sorry, but your NEC "power poll" is way off!

Dane96
November 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
have a question...and I just hate to think I would jinx us...but you never know.

Has anyone in the NEC ever gone undefeated two years running?

aceinthehole
November 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
have a question...and I just hate to think I would jinx us...but you never know.

Has anyone in the NEC ever gone undefeated two years running?

Yes, Robert Morris went undefeated in NEC play in 1999 (7-0) and 2000 (8-0).

In fact, from 1996 to 2001 RMU did not lose more than 1 NEC game per season!

1996 (3-1) NEC co-champs
1997 (4-0) NEC champs
1998 (4-1) NEC co-champs
1999 (7-0) NEC champs
2000 (8-0) NEC champs
2001 (6-1)

6 seasons (32-3) 5-time NEC champs
Joe Walton built a hell of a program at RMU.

Dane96
November 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Damn...that is impressive.

aceinthehole
November 15th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Central Connecticut State at Sacred Heart - CCSU wins to finish in 3rd, yet again. Not a great year for the Blue Devils, but 7-4 aint too shabby (only bad loss at RMU). SHU will finish 8-3, but best win is vs RMU.

Monmouth at Duquesne - MU is still one of the NEC's best. Also will finish at 7-4, but a clearly below UA and above CCSU this year. The Dukes will be a NEC contender in years to come.

Robert Morris at St. Francis (PA) - RMU finsihes over .500 in NEC. Wins vs. CCSU and Western PA rivals Duquesne and SFPA are a highlight. Flash go winless overall :(

Wagner at Albany - What a run by UA! Undefeated (13-0) and Back-to-back NEC champs the last 2 years. Wagner took a step back from last year, but they can climb back to the pack next season.

Bryant at Iona - Bryant will do well in the NEC and FCS. They may also go in the record books as Iona's final opponent.

I called it. Nice win by CCSU (and my other picks).

JMG1MON
November 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
RMU's losses 96 and 98 were to Monmouth. Monmouth lost to CCSU the last game of the year in 98 to finish in a tie with RMU. Not sure who we lost to in 96.

dgreco
November 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I called it. Nice win by CCSU (and my other picks).

CCSU played a hell of a game today, impressed with the way they dominated. They have been up and down all year really and closed out strong. How young is the team?

rmutv
November 15th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Damn...that is impressive.

And depressing. It's been a long, hard fall.

aceinthehole
November 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
CCSU played a hell of a game today, impressed with the way they dominated. They have been up and down all year really and closed out strong. How young is the team?

Very young! I don't know what Albany loses, but it should be closer next year. Monmouth may have to replace some key players too. CCSU recruiting has been very good, and they may have the pieces for a run at the NEC in 2009.

aceinthehole
November 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM
And depressing. It's been a long, hard fall.

RMU has a great coach, and a small, but new stadium. Its a growing school and athletic program (look at M/W hoops, ice hockey).

The problem has been that they did well under the grant-in-aid model and they need to invest and recruit for this new scholly model. I think RMU can be a good NEC team again!

Dane96
November 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Albany loses a ton on the offensive line...and the early word is the replacements arent nearly half-as-good as what we have now.

That does not bode well.

Plus, Trevor Anderson really needs to step it up. He had a bit of a soph slump this year and we need him to fill the shoes of Tom Pandolf.

rmutv
November 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
RMU has a great coach, and a small, but new stadium. Its a growing school and athletic program (look at M/W hoops, ice hockey).

The problem has been that they did well under the grant-in-aid model and they need to invest and recruit for this new scholly model. I think RMU can be a good NEC team again!

A lot of people would disagree with you about the coaching.