PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 12

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
You know the drill.

Best week in a while.

mountaineer_dax
November 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
App vs. Elon can potentially be a HUGE game.

so will the JMU vs. W&M game.

Both games in my opinion have serious implications.

dbackjon
November 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Lots of serious implication games.

ericsaid
November 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
W&M knocks off JMU finally, and App cruises against Elon.

Two biggest games IMO both will decide the top two seeds.

andy7171
November 10th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I went with UMass vs UNH because it could determine who goes to the playoffs from the CAA North. If UNH wins then next weeks match up vs Maine becomes round two for this playin for the CAA North.

Elon v. ASU and SIU v SDSU are ENORMOUS match ups.

DOME
November 10th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I hommered with the SIU game and I think the loser of that game is out and the winner is in. Also if the bunnies pull one out thats good for us :)

BTW Why didn't you include UNI going to play the Trees...should be exciting!

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I put SCState at Morgan on because (correct me if I'm wrong), they could be the first team to secure a bid. xeyebrowx

andy7171
November 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I put SCState at Morgan on because (correct me if I'm wrong), they could be the first team to secure a bid. xeyebrowx

If Morgan State shown up down in Norfolk, this weekends game would have decided the MEAC crown.

asucrutch23
November 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I went with UMass vs UNH because it could determine who goes to the playoffs from the CAA North. If UNH wins then next weeks match up vs Maine becomes round two for this playin for the CAA North.

Elon v. ASU and SIU v SDSU are ENORMOUS match ups.

Ditto xthumbsupx GOTW. I can't pick the App-Elon game because it wouldn't end one team's season should they lose.

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I thought Weber already secured one...

th0m
November 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Now that UMass is 6-4 already, I don't really see them going to the playoffs so the UMass-UNH matchup has lost some of its glamour. So I homered out.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I thought Weber already secured one...
Looks like you are correct. OK, take out the SCState game. :p

jaxstatealum
November 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Well... I went with us, but mostly because we need the win to cap of a failry ho humm season with something positive xrolleyesx

HiHiYikas
November 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hard to choose this week...it's just that time of year when the postseason begins to take shape. A lot of these games fall under that assessment.

AppGrad06
November 10th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I went with W&M v. JMU w/ App v. Elon a close second for reasons already stated by everyone else.

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Looks like you are correct. OK, take out the SCState game. :p

Nah, I think any game where somebody can clinch is big.

slostang
November 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
My heart says Cal Poly/UC Davis, but my head says W&M/JMU.

FargoBison
November 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
SDSU-SIU, winner takes control of the #2 spot in the MVFC and that is a coveted spot since the conference is very likely to only get one at large.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
This week, I'm an Ivy homer!xhomerx

And I'll be there!:D

19Duke97
November 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
W&M knocks off JMU finally, and App cruises against Elon.

Two biggest games IMO both will decide the top two seeds.

Senior Day at JMU - hard to believe we will lose this game given the number of senior leaders on this team. Possible, but not likely.

james_lawfirm
November 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Nah, I think any game where somebody can clinch is big.

McVeryl:
Don't I recall you saying you are coming to the ASU/Elon game? If you are, look us up in the Raley lot. I remember you said you were coming to one of the App games.

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
McVeryl:
Don't I recall you saying you are coming to the ASU/Elon game? If you are, look us up in the Raley lot. I remember you said you were coming to one of the App games.

It never panned out. I wanted to get over there for the Furman game, but ended up having some commitments here.

Our last home game is that weekend and we'll be up in Harrisonburg.

Thanks for the invite, though. I'd like to say I may venture over the mountain for the playoffs, but I hope I'm in Harrisonburg all three weekends!

ElonPride
November 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Gotta go with App/Elon. Whomever wins this game captures the SoCon autobid.

putter
November 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I went with UMass/UNH. Someone's postseason is officially done after this one.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 02:16 PM
SDSU-SIU, winner takes control of the #2 spot in the MVFC and that is a coveted spot since the conference is very likely to only get one at large.

If SIU wins, they remain in first place.

patssle
November 10th, 2008, 03:28 PM
So what makes a game in the SoCon or Colonial that will determine who makes playoffs more important than a game in the SLC or Big Sky that determines who makes playoffs?

East coast biased xlolx xsmiley_wix

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
So what makes a game in the SoCon or Colonial that will determine who makes playoffs more important than a game in the SLC or Big Sky that determines who makes playoffs?
Southland fans like you who don't vote. xsmiley_wix

FargoBison
November 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
If SIU wins, they remain in first place.

I didn't write that clearly, I meant to say UNI has a spot locked up and the loser of the SIU/SDSU game is probably on the outside looking in.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't write that clearly, I meant to say UNI has a spot locked up and the loser of the SIU/SDSU game is probably on the outside looking in.

Got it.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
It's definitely a must win for the Bunnies. They are in the same boat the Leathernecks were in last Saturday. The Salukis might get in even at 8-3.
The Salukis are 40-5 at home since 2003.

McNeese75
November 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM

xlolx

YaleFootballFan
November 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM
This week, I'm an Ivy homer!xhomerx

And I'll be there!:D

Another Ivy homer here. :D

brownbear
November 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Another Ivy homer here. :D

Me too!

Ivy League - Represent!

RabidRabbit
November 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM

xhomerx SDSU needs to win both this game then the week after vs NDSU.

SIU can lock up the auto bid with two straight wins.

Native
November 10th, 2008, 09:01 PM

Weber has already won the auto-bid for the Big Sky. xnodx

I was wondering why WSU vs Bye wasn't one of the poll choices...xwhistlex

patssle
November 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM

I don't vote because all games that are determining who makes playoffs and who doesn't are of equal value. I did vote in OOC polls though xnodx xthumbsupx