PDA

View Full Version : Why Montana Would Deserve A Seed Over Weber

Green26
November 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM
This is why Montana would deserve a seed over Weber--if both won out:

UM is higher rated in the GPI and Sagarin. UM is also ranked ahead of Weber in the polls. The GPI is apparently one of the most important factors/indicators for the selection committee.

UM would be 11-1, and Weber would be 10-2. (Weber's losses are both to D-I teams. Weber played credibly in both games.)

UM would have 10 D-I wins, to Weber's 8 D-I wins. Weber has played a D-II and an NAIA team. Dixie St. is 4-7, and Western is 2-9, this year. UM has 1 D-II win, over CWU (10-1)

Weber has no non-conference I-AA wins.

UM has 3 non-conference I-AA wins, including an impressive win over Cal Poly, a highly ranked team. UM also beat Davis and So Utah.

UM has done better against common Big Sky competition, so far. UM beat Sac St 43-7; Weber 32-27. UM beat UNC 41-20; Weber 17-10. UM beat NAU 45-10; Weber 42-14. UM beat PSU 29-12; Weber 31-21.

Weber will win the conference, but I don't see that as important in comparison to these other factors (including Weber's win over UM).

And for intangibles (in case the committee saw the teams as even):

UM has a bigger and better stadium, and would be a better place to host the playoffs.

UM's gate would net much more money for the ncaa than Weber's gate.

On the other hand, obviously, Weber beat Montana in a convincing enough win (UM had 4 turnovers; total offense was 410 to 429 in favor of Weber, and first downs were even).

CatFan22
November 10th, 2008, 01:26 AM
How about they just play the game in missoula?

mvemjsunpx
November 10th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Oh, come on. I'm a Griz fan & it's pretty clear to me that Montana should not get a seed over Weber. All those numbers you give are pretty meaningless when you consider that Weber beat Montana, Weber has a better conference record, & Weber is undefeated against FCS.

Both teams could get a seed, but Montana shouldn't get one over Weber as things stand now. If Weber loses to EWU & Montana wins out, then maybe so, but not otherwise.

bpcats
November 10th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Obviously once UM throttles Idaho State then they definitely deserve a home playoff game.

Weber deserves the seed if it comes down to it. They won conference outright. Coach Ash has said quite a few times when reviewing the season the first thing they look at is the score and Weber took it to the Griz.

Now if the Griz played Weber again, I would think that the Griz would get their revenge as they have really stepped up their play...which makes Weber's win all that more impressive.

The fact is I don't think that either Weber or Montana will get that fourth seed. JMU and App will get one. Cal Poly should get the third. And that leaves Weber vs UNI competing for the fourth seed which they will give to UNI (I believe this year that both Weber and Montana would handle the Panthers).

mvemjsunpx
November 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
The fact is I don't think that either Weber or Montana will get that fourth seed. JMU and App will get one. Cal Poly should get the third. And that leaves Weber vs UNI competing for the fourth seed which they will give to UNI (I believe this year that both Weber and Montana would handle the Panthers).

Cal Poly won't get a seed without help. They lost to Montana, so UM will unquestionably be considered ahead of them unless the Griz collapse.

Hansel
November 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Unless Poly beats Wisconsin- they won't get a seed

4th and What?
November 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
UM can get a seed over Weber if they both get seeded.

But I don't see Weber not getting a seed while UM does if they both win out.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM

UM is higher rated in the GPI and Sagarin. UM is also ranked ahead of Weber in the polls. The GPI is apparently one of the most important factors/indicators for the selection committee.

UM would be 11-1, and Weber would be 10-2. (Weber's losses are both to D-I teams. Weber played credibly in both games.)

UM would have 10 D-I wins, to Weber's 8 D-I wins. Weber has played a D-II and an NAIA team. Dixie St. is 4-7, and Western is 2-9, this year. UM has 1 D-II win, over CWU (10-1)

UM has 3 non-conference I-AA wins, including an impressive win over Cal Poly, a highly ranked team. UM also beat Davis and So Utah.

UM has done better against common Big Sky competition, so far. UM beat Sac St 43-7; Weber 32-27. UM beat UNC 41-20; Weber 17-10. UM beat NAU 45-10; Weber 42-14. UM beat PSU 29-12; Weber 31-21.

Weber will win the conference, but I don't see that as important in comparison to these other factors (including Weber's win over UM).

UM has a bigger and better stadium, and would be a better place to host the playoffs.

On the other hand, obviously, Weber beat Montana in a convincing enough win (UM had 4 turnovers; total offense was 410 to 429 in favor of Weber, and first downs were even).

xeekx I strongly disagree.

uofmman1122
November 10th, 2008, 07:48 AM
xeekx I strongly disagree.Well, then I see Weber State and Montana getting seeds.

Montana would get a seed over 'Nova due to record and fan support/money factors.
Montana would get a seed over SIU and UNI based on record and GPI ranking/performance
Since Weber's head-to-head matters so much in getting a seed over Montana, Montana would get a seed over Cal Poly, having won the head-to-head.xcoffeex

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM

NOT a factor in seeding, only in hosting. xpeacex

Ronbo
November 10th, 2008, 08:04 AM
If Weber and Montana win out that could come true. It would be very hard to deny a team a seed when they are:

11-1
Ranked 3 or 4 in GPI and all the rankings and polls.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
If Weber and Montana win out that could come true. It would be very hard to deny a team a seed when they are:

11-1
Ranked 3 or 4 in GPI and all the rankings and polls.
FWIW, in 2003 a 10-1 #4 Southern Illinois (only loss was a 3 point loss to playoff bound UNI) not only didn't get a seed, they had to come to Delaware for a first round game. xpeacex

slostang
November 10th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Of the three (WSU, UM and Cal Poly), I think that Weber State deserves the seed. They have no FCS losses. Now if Cal Poly beats Wisconsin, then will have two FBS wins and we would be back in the discussion.

Ronbo
November 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
They have zero FCS wins out of Conference, they have 2 Non Div. I wins, they only have 8 Div I wins, they are not beating BSC opponents as badly as Montana is, they are lower ranked in every way.

Hmmmm.... looks like good arguments on both sides.

Better snub both schools.xlolx

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Better snub both schools.xlolx
Agreed. That's probably the way to go. SoCon and CAA should just take two seeds a piece. xthumbsupx

Ronbo
November 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Yep the only way to go here is to snub all western schools because it's just too complicated to figure it out. Send Poly and Weber to JMU and App. State also so we can get #1 and #2 seeds eliminated first round.xnodx xlolx

uofmman1122
November 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm actually going to go through all the scenarios of the teams who I think could get the #3 or #4 seeds. (This is assuming ASU and JMU get #1 and #2 respectively)

Weber State - All they have to do is beat Eastern Washington. Frontrunner for a seed, at this point. If they lose, they won't get a seed, and probably won't get even a home playoff game. But as it stands, they are the front-runner for the #3 seed.

Montana - If they win out, it's hard to not consider them the next favorite for the #4 seed. Needs to root for EWU in two weeks to lock in a seed and a share of the Big Sky title. If they lose a game, they won't get a seed. Period. Especially since the last two teams they are facing are, for all intents and purposes, not going to the playoffs. However, an 11-1 Montana team should not be denied a seed, even if all contenders win out (With the exception of Cal Poly, but I'll explain later).

Villanova - This is the only team I feel could "upset" Montana's seed hopes if both win out. If Montana or Weber lose, they'll sweep ahead into a seed for sure. Lose, and they won't get a seed. Lose twice, and they might not make the playoffs.

Cal Poly - Waiting in the wings for either 1.) a team above them to drop out, or 2.) winning against Wisconsin. Those are the only two ways I see the Mustangs receiving a seed. Beating Wisconsin could even hoist them into #1 or #2 seed, depending on how/if they win.

UNI - Despite (for some reason) many people saying UNI will get a seed, their hopes seem slimmer than the above-mentioned teams. They lost to SIU, and haven't been blowing teams out of the water as expected like the above-mentioned teams. If they win out, which they should, they'll finish with a 10-2 record, though it won't be as impressive as 'Nova's, UM's, or WSU's records. They're also ranked #4 in the country (at least right now) in the TSN and Coaches poll, however in pretty much every other poll they are outside the top 5, and sometimes out of the top 10. They're also behind Cal Poly because Cal Poly's rankings have been much higher, even outside the TSN and Coaches. For UNI to get a seed, they must have some upsets against the teams ahead of them.

Again, this is just how I see it, and is open to criticism. xlolxxpeacex

james_lawfirm
November 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Personally, I hope Montana is the #3 seed. Then if App is the #2 seed AND if both win their first two playoff games (not a given), then Montana will be traveling to Boone for the semi-final.

FCS Go!
November 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
UMM1122:

Pretty good breakdown but N. Iowa has been playing better the last few weeks, at least thats what I get from reading the synopsis of their games. Dominate wins over ranked W. Illinois and an ok MO St. team have put them back in the mix for a seed. If they have a close game (or two) over the next two weeks they'll be pushed back out of consideration though. Our friends at S. Utah seem the best chance for that.

Stang Fever
November 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I'm actually going to go through all the scenarios of the teams who I think could get the #3 or #4 seeds. (This is assuming ASU and JMU get #1 and #2 respectively)

Weber State - All they have to do is beat Eastern Washington. Frontrunner for a seed, at this point. If they lose, they won't get a seed, and probably won't get even a home playoff game. But as it stands, they are the front-runner for the #3 seed.

Montana - If they win out, it's hard to not consider them the next favorite for the #4 seed. Needs to root for EWU in two weeks to lock in a seed and a share of the Big Sky title. If they lose a game, they won't get a seed. Period. Especially since the last two teams they are facing are, for all intents and purposes, not going to the playoffs. However, an 11-1 Montana team should not be denied a seed, even if all contenders win out (With the exception of Cal Poly, but I'll explain later).

Villanova - This is the only team I feel could "upset" Montana's seed hopes if both win out. If Montana or Weber lose, they'll sweep ahead into a seed for sure. Lose, and they won't get a seed. Lose twice, and they might not make the playoffs.

Cal Poly - Waiting in the wings for either 1.) a team above them to drop out, or 2.) winning against Wisconsin. Those are the only two ways I see the Mustangs receiving a seed. Beating Wisconsin could even hoist them into #1 or #2 seed, depending on how/if they win.

UNI - Despite (for some reason) many people saying UNI will get a seed, their hopes seem slimmer than the above-mentioned teams. They lost to SIU, and haven't been blowing teams out of the water as expected like the above-mentioned teams. If they win out, which they should, they'll finish with a 10-2 record, though it won't be as impressive as 'Nova's, UM's, or WSU's records. They're also ranked #4 in the country (at least right now) in the TSN and Coaches poll, however in pretty much every other poll they are outside the top 5, and sometimes out of the top 10. They're also behind Cal Poly because Cal Poly's rankings have been much higher, even outside the TSN and Coaches. For UNI to get a seed, they must have some upsets against the teams ahead of them.

Again, this is just how I see it, and is open to criticism. xlolxxpeacex

Personally I dont see Cal Poly beating Wiscon. Its going to be a blow out. We might keep it close until the first quarter but after that. It will be all down "HILL"

Tailbone
November 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Personally I dont see Cal Poly beating Wiscon. Its going to be a blow out. We might keep it close until the first quarter but after that. It will be all down "HILL"

I guess that just means.....you can't stand "Pat".

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
UMM1122:

Pretty good breakdown but N. Iowa has been playing better the last few weeks, at least thats what I get from reading the synopsis of their games. Dominate wins over ranked W. Illinois and an ok MO St. team have put them back in the mix for a seed. If they have a close game (or two) over the next two weeks they'll be pushed back out of consideration though. Our friends at S. Utah seem the best chance for that.

UNI and SIU are both greatly improved and seem to be peaking at the right time, SDSU also.

ChickenMan
November 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Why Montana would deserve a seed over Weber St????

$$$

:p

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM

I wouldn't worry about the blow out as much as injuries.

Edge316007
November 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I've been saying it for 2 weeks, they both deserve seeds. No way an 11-1 Montana team doesn't get seeded and no way 10-2 conference champ Weber St. team who beat said Montana team doesn't get seeded.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'd have to go back and do some digging to see if there has been a conference with their two and only two playoff reps being seeded. xeyebrowx

Big Al
November 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'd have to go back and do some digging to see if there has been a conference with their two and only two playoff reps being seeded. xeyebrowx

Last year -- UNI #1 & SIU #4

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Last year -- UNI #1 & SIU #4
Guess I didn't need to dig too far. Good work Al. xthumbsupx

Appinator
November 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM

I mentioned this in another thread: I can't remember a time when a conference non-champion got a seed over their respective champ. Co-Champions are different, but has anyone gotten a seed over their lone conference champ before?

Any examples out there?

It would be pretty obvious then if a Big Sky team was to get the nod, it would go to Weber if they won out. No doubt Montana would get a home game though.

It might be a possibility that the committee does not see Weber's schedule as strong enough to warrant a seed (only 8 D-I wins). This would make it impossible for them to give Montana a seed in this case.

It would then make sense that a second CAA team and whoever comes out of the MVC (UNI or SIU). I could very easily see a Villanova team who lost on a prayer to the number one team in the country getting a #3 and then the MVC champ getting the #4.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Why would Southern Illinois AND Weber State - who would have done what Montana would have been unable to do, which is win their conference - not get a seed over a team that did not?

I'm pretty surprised SIU isn't even in a discussion for a seed here, but Weber State is. If SIU wins out, they will have played a tougher schedule than Weber or Montana, and won the MVFC. Even if they do falter, UNI is right there as well, also with a tougher schedule overall than both teams.

$$$ has appeared to be a factor before in seeding (although officially it's not), so never say never. If Montana does get a seed, the committee will open themselves up big-time to the charge that it's all about fannies in the seats and nothing about fairness - especially if you have Villanova, UNI, and SIU all without a seed.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
If you you've ever been to a game in Ogden, you would know why Weber won't get a seed. I am not trying to make this smack by any means but the attendance is just not there for them to get the bids. I don't know all the numbers, but when 6K or so show up, it would guess it would be pretty hard to make it financially. If I am in Utah and not at the game in Missoula, I will go and watch Weber if they get the game xrotatehx

I do think the Griz have played a lot better since the loss to Weber. Not making excuses for the Griz, but it really turned them around. I think the biggest reason to seed Montana over Weber, revenue and recent play. Football is always about execution and matchups. That day in Ogden, Weber won both, but it doesn't mean Montana isn't playing better ball now. And the best part about it for us is.......we get to play/prove it on the field :) xpeacex

BestOfBreed
November 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
NOT a factor in seeding, only in hosting. xpeacex

Dream on xcoffeex

IABison
November 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Why would Southern Illinois AND Weber State - who would have done what Montana would have been unable to do, which is win their conference - not get a seed over a team that did not?

I'm pretty sure winning the conference isn't a requirement for getting a seed... xscanx

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
If you you've ever been to a game in Ogden, you would know why Weber won't get a seed. I am not trying to make this smack by any means but the attendance is just not there for them to get the bids. I don't know all the numbers, but when 6K or so show up, it would guess it would be pretty hard to make it financially.
Northeastern (4500), Colgate (6400), UNH (7200)... all have gotten seeds with low attendance. xpeacex

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Dream on xcoffeex
Stats are on my side BoB. See my above post. xpeacex

Green26
November 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Some of you are underestimating the importance of the GPI in seeding. It is my understanding that it is a significant factor.

Montana's strength of schedule is significantly better than Weber's, because it's my understanding that D-I losses are largely ignored in the process.

Weber's 2 sub-I-AA games are going to be a factor. Weber's 2 D-I losses will hurt them, because they, along with the sub-I-AA games, resulted in Weber not playing any non-conference I-AA games, and thus having no non-conference I-AA wins. In my view, Weber was not tested by their schedule as much as Montana was. It cannot be known how good Weber is, other than from their win over Montana.

Montana's win over Cal Poly will be a significant factor.

Montana's better winning margin, so far, over other Big Sky teams should also be a factor.

To answer a prior comment, giving a seed is tantamount to giving a 2 or 3 homes games, which can translate into revenue for the ncaa. I agree that money is not a stated factor in seeding. I would see this possibly being an intangible factor in a close call.

Ronbo
November 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Northeastern (4500), Colgate (6400), UNH (7200)... all have gotten seeds with low attendance. xpeacex

Bet it wasn't a year when you had a high attendance 11-1 Montana and 10-2 App. State both in contention for the seeds.

But of course we all must win out as this is all speculative at this point. Right now I'd say the Griz have an 80% chance to end 11-1 with 0-10 Idaho and 6-4 MSU both at home.

Green26
November 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Weber average attendance is 6524.

I agree that if one team is clearly more deserving of a seed than another, then attendance/money wouldn't and shouldn't be a factor.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Weber average attendance is 6524.

I agree that if one team is clearly more deserving of a seed than another, then attendance/money wouldn't and shouldn't be a factor.

It will be whether we like it or not. Money is the biggest, if not the only reason that the BCS BS is around. Fortunately for us, it isn't as big of a problem for us as the FBS has but it's still there, can't deny it.xreadx

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Bet it wasn't a year when you had a high attendance 11-1 Montana and 10-2 App. State both in contention for the seeds.
FWIW, in 2002 when Northeastern got the #4, both Montana (10-2) and AppSt (8-3) were in the field.

In 2005 when UNH (and Hampton) got their seed, Montana, UNI and Furman were all in the playoffs without one.

Attendance does not play a factor in seeding, only in hosting. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Surprised that nobody has mentioned 2003 Colgate to the list of "seeds with less than 10k attendance on the year". The 'Gate went 11-0 that year, but many that year had questions about their "seed-worthiness" playing in the Patriot League. Second-placed UMass out of the A-10 was sent on the road to play at Colgate, and they were furious.

yosef1969
November 10th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I've been saying it for 2 weeks, they both deserve seeds. No way an 11-1 Montana team doesn't get seeded and no way 10-2 conference champ Weber St. team who beat said Montana team doesn't get seeded.

No way Big Sky gets two seeds over CAA and SoCon schools ranked higher in GPI, polls, etc.

It's one or the other.

I think the committee will shaft Weber here and give it UM and point to the weakness of non-conference FCS schedule and GPI as the reasoning. Hope I'm wrong. I think Weber deserves it solely based on the head to head and unblemished record versus FCS opponents.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Surprised that nobody has mentioned 2003 Colgate to the list of "seeds with less than 10k attendance on the year". The 'Gate went 11-0 that year, but many that year had questions about their "seed-worthiness" playing in the Patriot League. Second-placed UMass out of the A-10 was sent on the road to play at Colgate, and they were furious.
xrulesx :p

BTW, if you went with 10k as the measuring stick, I'd have to believe a LOT more would fall into that category... Wofford, SIU, Hampton, W&M...

tingly
November 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
The championship handbook says they analyze schedules and results to see who gets into the playoffs and seeded. It doesn't mention using GPI/rankings for that, just to give conferences an automatic at-large.

I can see Richmond and Wofford being in the seed conversation at least for a little while. William & Mary should get a toe into the room if they win out (James Madison/Richmond).

Weber didn't schedule nonconference FCS games but took on 2 FBSers and D-II/NAIA. I don't know what the committee does with that kinda schedule.

BestOfBreed
November 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
xrulesx :p

BTW, if you went with 10k as the measuring stick, I'd have to believe a LOT more would fall into that category... Wofford, SIU, Hampton, W&M...

Wofford and Colgate were slam dunk seeds in 2003. Both with the records, ranking, and also Colgate had Branch.

Heck, Wofford was ranked #2 in the polls. Oddly enough, they only got the #3 seed and Delaware the #3 team got the 2. Money plays a part.

GolfingGriz
November 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
FWIW, in 2002 when Northeastern got the #4, both Montana (10-2) and AppSt (8-3) were in the field.

In 2005 when UNH (and Hampton) got their seed, Montana, UNI and Furman were all in the playoffs without one.

Attendance does not play a factor in seeding, only in hosting. xpeacex

Not sure about App in 2002, but Montana lost their last two games so they obviously didn't deserve a seed.

Also unsure about UNI and Furman in 2005, but Montana was 8-3 and coming off a loss to MSU.

If you can find an instance where a team that averages 15K+ and deserved a seed(this is subjective) was passed by a team with 6K- I will be surprised. There very well could be an instance that this occurs but I'm not sure. I guess all I'm saying is that whenever Montana looks like it should get a seed, it has.

tingly
November 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Considering money could bring a lawsuit if word spreads. I doubt it's a consideration.

slostang
November 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about the blow out as much as injuries.

That is why Wisconsin could be a blow out loss for Cal Poly. I can not imagine that any Cal Poly player who is less than 100% playing in this game if we win this week against Davis and it looks like we will make the playoffs. You may see a lot of second string Poly players playing in this game.

Grizaholic17
November 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Here's how I see it...The overall polls matter most. If Montana Wins out and Weber St. does too, and the Sports Network poll and others rank Montana higher, then Big Sky Champs or not, Weber is below Montana in playoff seeding. It's a raw deal, but overall rankings matter most.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
If you can find an instance where a team that averages 15K+ and deserved a seed(this is subjective) was passed by a team with 6K- I will be surprised. There very well could be an instance that this occurs but I'm not sure. I guess all I'm saying is that whenever Montana looks like it should get a seed, it has.
That's a tough qualifier to define, but I'm sure it's happened.

GrizFamily
November 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
As a lifelong Griz, I'm just enjoying the discussion. We started the year with a lot of question marks after graduating 20+ seniors. We have answered many of those questions and (barring any disasters) are headed to our 16th consecutive year in the play-offs. Life is good. What a great year. Dare I even think about a Merry Grizmas?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Probably going to jinx this thread, but I think it's been a good discussion so far, lots of good points and differing views. xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I can't believe here we are talking seeding when people this season were predicting we don't even make the playoffs.

Ronbo
November 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I can't believe here we are talking seeding when people this season were predicting we don't even make the playoffs.

I know, isn't that somethin'!! xeekx xeekx xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hey but it was a pretty reasonable prediction. All those guys leaving and a young, questionable defense. If Coach Hauck hasn't proved himself at this point I don't know if he ever can.

GrizFamily
November 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Here's a few more reasons for the Griz to get a seed.
167-40 record over the last 16 seasons for an average of 10.4 wins per season against 2.5 losses per season

142 straight weeks being ranked in the top 25 of FSC rankings!

23 consecutive winning seasons!

15 straight playoff appearances! (A good chance for a 16th) Another FCS record!

18 FCS playoff appearances all time! (A good chance for a 19th) Another FCS record!

10 straight Big Sky Championships or Co-Championships and 13 in the last 16 years!

16 Big Sky Conference Championships!

FCS record 24 straight wins! (A few years ago)

FCS record 25 straight conference wins!

2 National Championships and 5 Title Game appearances in the last 14 years!

The Griz have not lost by more than 14 points at home since 1990…… and have lost by 10 or more only twice in that span at home!

Only 13 losses at home in the last 16 seasons!

9 11+ win seasons in the last 16 seasons! (11-1, 12-2, 12-3, 11-3, 15-1, 13-2, 14-1, 13-2, 11-3)

13 10+ win seasons in school history.

Griz’ worst record in the last 16 seasons was 8-4! (3 X)

19-3 record against State in the last 22 years – 86% winning percentage against the Cats!

16 consecutive victories against MSU from 1986-2001! It is the longest streak in rivalry history.

Coach Hauck’s record is 59-15 in 5+ years.

Coach Hauck’s BSC record is 35-6 in 5+ years. His record against MSU is 3-2 (soon to be 4-2).

The Griz have a 67-35-5 record all time in the Brawl of the Wild!

The Griz have a winning record all time against every current team in the Big Sky Conf.!

All time Washington Grizzly Stadium record since opening in 1986 is 143-20! (.877)

You can complain all you want about Montana always getting the benefit of the doubt, but the results speak for themselves.

I Bleed Purple
November 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Ah, I see. History determines seeding, not that year's play on the field. Closer to FBS than I thought.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
167-40 record over the last 16 seasons for an average of 10.4 wins per season against 2.5 losses per season

18 FCS playoff appearances all time! (A good chance for a 19th) Another FCS record!

10 straight Big Sky Championships or Co-Championships and 13 in the last 16 years!

The Griz have not lost by more than 14 points at home since 1990…… and have lost by 10 or more only twice in that span at home!

9 11+ win seasons in the last 16 seasons! (11-1, 12-2, 12-3, 11-3, 15-1, 13-2, 14-1, 13-2, 11-3)

19-3 record against State in the last 22 years – 86% winning percentage against the Cats!

16 consecutive victories against MSU from 1986-2001! It is the longest streak in rivalry history.

Coach Hauck’s BSC record is 35-6 in 5+ years. His record against MSU is 3-2 (soon to be 4-2).

The Griz have a winning record all time against every current team in the Big Sky Conf.!

All time Washington Grizzly Stadium record since opening in 1986 is 143-20! (.877)

You can complain all you want about Montana always getting the benefit of the doubt, but the results speak for themselves.

Ancient history. Doesn't mean dick this year.

putter
November 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I agree. History means almost nothing. The history that will mean something is attendance and $$$$. That has always helped Montana for home games.

Does an 11-1 Montana team deserve a seed? Most years yes and if it came down to Montana or Poly you have to go with Montana unless Poly beats Wisconsin then they get it.

I just find it funny that Montana has lost 1 regular season game in 2 years and people wanted to write them off for the playoffs and now for a seed. xconfusedx People Weber is a very good team. Over the years we have warned everyone about NAU (beating up on #1 McNeese), EWU (beating #1 SIU) and now we are telling you about Weber.

4th and What?
November 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM

....Historical meaninglessness....

Here's one reason for the Griz not to get a seed

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/arny_arny/HPIM0136-1.jpg
xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Here's one reason for the Griz not to get a seed

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/arny_arny/HPIM0136-1.jpg
xsmiley_wix

....Which was discussed on page 1.

You have been promoted to Captain Mr. Obvious. xlolx xpeacex

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Over the years we have warned everyone about NAU (beating up on #1 McNeese), EWU (beating #1 SIU) and now we are telling you about Weber.
Only problem is Weber will most likely be seeded and at home to a lower ranked team. Can a Big Sky team beat a lower ranked team at home in the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

gbhmt
November 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM
No way Big Sky gets two seeds over CAA and SoCon schools ranked higher in GPI, polls, etc.

It's one or the other.

I think the committee will shaft Weber here and give it UM and point to the weakness of non-conference FCS schedule and GPI as the reasoning. Hope I'm wrong. I think Weber deserves it solely based on the head to head and unblemished record versus FCS opponents.

We can talk about which conference deserves two seeds all we want, but if it happens, it's most likely going to happen in the Big Sky. No other conference is in this kind of predicament for seeding.

GrizFamily
November 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Only problem is Weber will most likely be seeded and at home to a lower ranked team. Can a Big Sky team beat a lower ranked team at home in the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

Good one. xthumbsupx

But of course everyone knows the only place the Griz can win is in WA Griz, right? xsmiley_wix

putter
November 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Yes! As long as it is not the SoCon champs(Wofford), Great West champs(Poly),

I Bleed Purple
November 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
....Which was discussed on page 1.

You have been promoted to Captain Mr. Obvious. xlolx xpeacex

And yet my question never gets answered. Here it is again.

Has a major conference like the Big Sky ever had an undefeated conference team not got a seed?

griz8791
November 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Has a major conference like the Big Sky ever had an undefeated conference team not got a seed?

Cue 89Hen.

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Boston U won the A-10 Atlantic Division undefeated in 1993 and wasn't seeded. That's all I could really find.

joecooll6
November 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM

I assume thats based on all of the UNI games you've watched, right?

joecooll6
November 10th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Agreed. That's probably the way to go. SoCon and CAA should just take two seeds a piece. xthumbsupx

Funny

TCisMYhero
November 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Not sure what is with all you "pundits" calling UNI weak, but I think the schedule speaks for itself. 2 losses: #16 FBS BYU, @ #10 FCS SIU on a (literal) last second field goal. Wins over potential conference co-champ SDSU, a very tough WIU team on the road (with our back up quarterback and 85% starting running back), and a dominating win over a decent MOst team this weekend.
If we don't get a seed, I don't really care, we will make some noise in the playoffs, but for people to be questioning them being in the top 10 is absolutely insane. And Sagarin can still lick me.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
To me it's weird that Montana tends to be ranked higher in power ratings than Weber State but it's true. Nevertheless, I'd seed Weber higher. They lost to Hawaii and Utah in reasonably competetive games. You have to ask yourself if Montana would be better than 10-2 playing against Weber's schedule and the answer is "probably not." And Weber did beat Montana head to head by a pretty convincing margin.

If it comes down to it I just can't see how the committee would give Montana a seed over Weber State unless something happens between now and the end of the season.

I Bleed Purple
November 10th, 2008, 06:52 PM
To me it's weird that Montana tends to be ranked higher in power ratings than Weber State but it's true. Nevertheless, I'd seed Weber higher. They lost to Hawaii and Utah in reasonably competetive games. You have to ask yourself if Montana would be better than 10-2 playing against Weber's schedule and the answer is "probably not." And Weber did beat Montana head to head by a pretty convincing margin.

If it comes down to it I just can't see how the committee would give Montana a seed over Weber State unless something happens between now and the end of the season.

Of course the counter argument you'll hear is whether Weber would be 11-1 with Montana's schedule. The Cal Poly game would be the game in question, although Weber was playing much better than Montana was at that point in the season and UM still beat Cal Poly.

Grizaholic17
November 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM

But who knows what is really taken into consideration? Montana will host a first round game, that is almost positive unless we blow it. If we win out, and our only loss is to Weber, will the committee take into account that one loss or rank the seeds according to quality of wins?

ThreadStopper
November 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Yes! As long as it is not the SoCon champs(Wofford), Great West champs(Poly),

Like the last time Cal Poly played Montana at home in the playoffs? :)

tingly
November 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
They're only allowed to consider W-L record, schedule, all-DI opponents. Exactly how they do that and mix the 3 together is left to the committee.

Syntax Error
November 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM
They're only allowed to consider W-L record, schedule, all-DI opponents. Exactly how they do that and mix the 3 together is left to the committee.They consider anything and everything. They have said that publicly. I saw the stack of info one chairman had and it was literally 8 inches of paper. The eight members of the committee (advised by their regional team) use everything. Personally I don't think Montana gets a seed over Weber. I also don't think the Big Sky gets 2 seeds.

Green26
November 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I don't know where this "allowed" this comes from. There is written criteria. There's some lore. Various things get discussed. It's not possible to know what's in someone's head. I have had some insight on this from a former committee member.

Native
November 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Not sure what is with all you "pundits" calling UNI weak, but I think the schedule speaks for itself. 2 losses: #16 FBS BYU, @ #10 FCS SIU on a (literal) last second field goal. Wins over potential conference co-champ SDSU, a very tough WIU team on the road (with our back up quarterback and 85% starting running back), and a dominating win over a decent MOst team this weekend.
If we don't get a seed, I don't really care, we will make some noise in the playoffs, but for people to be questioning them being in the top 10 is absolutely insane. And Sagarin can still lick me.

I do not question UNI being in the top ten, but I disagree with the coaches and sportswriters who rank them at #4. xrotatehx

Top ten OK, top five no way! xcoolx

Thanks! Never been called a pundit before. xlolx xlolx xlolx

tingly
November 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I didn't say they obey the bylaws, but that's what the bylaws allow.

Big Al
November 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Since I'm the only person qualified to answer the WSU/UNI question (I went to WSU and my wife graduated from UNI), let me just state right now that UNI should be seeded #3 and WSU #4.

End of debate.

PS - F#@K the Griz!

Native
November 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Since I'm the only person qualified to answer the WSU/UNI question (I went to WSU and my wife graduated from UNI), let me just state right now that UNI should be seeded #3 and WSU #4.

End of debate.

PS - F#@K the Griz!

Well MAYBE they will get to play each other. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Did you go to any actual games this year, Big Al?

Big Al
November 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Nope. Living back in Iowa, so Weber games are definitely out and having a 1 year-old son means there's no time to make the drive to Cedar Falls for a UNI game, either.

:\

Native
November 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Nope. Living back in Iowa, so Weber games are definitely out and having a 1 year-old son means there's no time to make the drive to Cedar Falls for a UNI game, either.

:\

Well, do not discount your home boys so easily. This year's model AIN'T your daddy's Wildcats! Take a look under the hood!

xsmiley_wix

Big Al
November 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, I've definitely been following them -- I knew (hoped?) when they hired McBride that he'd turn things around. That guy knows how to recruit the talent!

Native
November 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Oh, I've definitely been following them -- I knew (hoped?) when they hired McBride that he'd turn things around. That guy knows how to recruit the talent!

....and that 69-year-old has more energy and enthusiasm than those 30- and 40-something coaches trying to compete against him! xsmiley_wix

Mac has an individual relationship with every player and works every sponsor and parent like a politician! xthumbsupx

This is the first year where he has enjoyed the full fruit of his recruiting efforts on the field and it shows! The team has excellent depth for I-AA and talent stacked up for the next four years. xlolx

Not bad X's and O's, either. Although traditional, his playbook is special. He hasn't even shown his hand yet on offense. Hasn't had to. Too many weapons on offense and pretty good adaptive defense. The defense can play differently according to the opponent, i.e, they are well coached. xcoolx

CopperCat
November 11th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Looks like the thread got derailed a bit, but then again I'm late coming to the table. This may have been said already, but I'll say it anyway.

If UM gets a seed over WSU, it will be for one reason only: money. WSU has a pathetic attendance average, and UM can fill the stands even when the students have gone home. You put the teams head to head on paper and WSU would be getting the home game and the seed, but unfortunately 3,500 people at a playoff game just doesn't cut it.

joecooll6
November 11th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I do not question UNI being in the top ten, but I disagree with the coaches and sportswriters who rank them at #4. xrotatehx

Top ten OK, top five no way! xcoolx

Thanks! Never been called a pundit before. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Those who have seen UNI play lately may beg to differ. However, we do have an FCS loss and no eye-popping wins so we cant complain if we dont get seeded. The lack of respect here is something, though. I hope the teams themselves feel the same way when they (hopefully) come to the dome for the playoffs.

SIU, until they lose, should get consideration for a seed, before us, and before two BSC conference teams get two in. Also, Villanova can sure make a strong case for a seed as well.

joecooll6
November 11th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Heres how I break it down. There are, in my book, 8 teams still in contention for a seed. Here is how I order them if they all manage to win out, with the evidence.
*= game yet to be played
1- James Madison (10-1)- Unquestionably #1 right now.
-Quality wins- Appalachian State (8-2), @Villanova (7-2), @Richmond (7-3), @Maine (7-3), Massachusetts (6-4), William and Mary (7-2)*
-Loss- @FBS Duke (4-5)

2- Appalachian State (10-2)- A team with an FCS loss being so high kind of bothers me but it was to JMU so its OK.
-Quality wins- Wofford (7-2), Furman (7-3), @Georgia Southern (5-5), @ Samford (5-4), Elon (8-2)*
-Losses- @ FBS LSU (6-3), @ James Madison (8-1)

3- Weber State (10-2)- Has the same number of quality wins as Montana and BEAT MONTANA, and unlike Montana no FCS losses
-Quality wins- Montana (9-1), @ Montana State (6-4), @Northern Arizona (6-4)
Losses- @FBS Hawaii (5-5), @FBS Utah (10-0)

4- Villanova (9-2) I think the committee will factor in the fact they lost to JMU on a Hail Mary, no conference title but many impressive wins and only 1 FCS loss to the number 1 team.
-Quality Wins- @Penn (5-3), Richmond (7-3), @William and Mary (7-2), New Hampshire (7-2)
Losses- James Madison (8-1), @ FBS West Virginia (6-3)

5- Southern Illinois (9-2) -Sorry Griz fans, a conference title means something. Plus Salukis, like you, have only 1 FCS loss.
- Quality wins- Northern Iowa (8-2), Western Illinois (5-4), South Dakota State (6-4)
-Losses- @ FBS Northwestern (7-3), @ North Dakota State (5-4)

6- Montana (11-1)- Tough to put an 11-1 team so low on the list, but no conference title unlike JMU, ASU, WSU and SIU, and lack a bevy of high profile wins like Villanova.
Quality wins- @ Cal Poly (7-1), Northern Arizona (6-4), Montana State (6-4)
Loss- @ Weber State (9-2)

7-Northern Iowa (10-2)- Loss to SIU really hurts, can only be considered if SIU loses.
Quality wins- South Dakota State (6-4), @ Western Illinois (5-4), North Dakota State (5-4)
Losses- @ Southern Illinois (7-2), @ FBS BYU (9-1)

8- Cal Poly (8-2)- Unlike the rest of the teams I dont assume the Mustangs win out. I have them losing to Wisconsin, if they win it will be a horse of a different color.
Quality wins- @ FBS San Diego State (1-9), @ Northwestern State (6-4), @ South Dakota State (6-4),
Losses- Montana (9-1), @ Wisconsin (5-5)*

Native
November 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Looks like the thread got derailed a bit, but then again I'm late coming to the table. This may have been said already, but I'll say it anyway.

If UM gets a seed over WSU, it will be for one reason only: money. WSU has a pathetic attendance average, and UM can fill the stands even when the students have gone home. You put the teams head to head on paper and WSU would be getting the home game and the seed, but unfortunately 3,500 people at a playoff game just doesn't cut it.

Aw, gee, we could get at least 3,600. Maybe if we played the Grizz again we could get even more! xsmiley_wix

I can't believe we have to wait two more looong weeks to find out. xbawlingx

Native
November 11th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Heres how I break it down. There are, in my book, 8 teams still in contention for a seed. Here is how I order them if they all manage to win out, with the evidence.
*= game yet to be played
1- James Madison (10-1)- Unquestionably #1 right now.
-Quality wins- Appalachian State (8-2), @Villanova (7-2), @Richmond (7-3), @Maine (7-3), Massachusetts (6-4), William and Mary (7-2)*
-Loss- @FBS Duke (4-5)

2- Appalachian State (10-2)- A team with an FCS loss being so high kind of bothers me but it was to JMU so its OK.
-Quality wins- Wofford (7-2), Furman (7-3), @Georgia Southern (5-5), @ Samford (5-4), Elon (8-2)*
-Losses- @ FBS LSU (6-3), @ James Madison (8-1)

3- Weber State (10-2)- Has the same number of quality wins as Montana and BEAT MONTANA, and unlike Montana no FCS losses
-Quality wins- Montana (9-1), @ Montana State (6-4), @Northern Arizona (6-4)
Losses- @FBS Hawaii (5-5), @FBS Utah (10-0)

4- Villanova (9-2) I think the committee will factor in the fact they lost to JMU on a Hail Mary, no conference title but many impressive wins and only 1 FCS loss to the number 1 team.
-Quality Wins- @Penn (5-3), Richmond (7-3), @William and Mary (7-2), New Hampshire (7-2)
Losses- James Madison (8-1), @ FBS West Virginia (6-3)

5- Southern Illinois (9-2) -Sorry Griz fans, a conference title means something. Plus Salukis, like you, have only 1 FCS loss.
- Quality wins- Northern Iowa (8-2), Western Illinois (5-4), South Dakota State (6-4)
-Losses- @ FBS Northwestern (7-3), @ North Dakota State (5-4)

6- Montana (11-1)- Tough to put an 11-1 team so low on the list, but no conference title unlike JMU, ASU, WSU and SIU, and lack a bevy of high profile wins like Villanova.
Quality wins- @ Cal Poly (7-1), Northern Arizona (6-4), Montana State (6-4)
Loss- @ Weber State (9-2)

7-Northern Iowa (10-2)- Loss to SIU really hurts, can only be considered if SIU loses.
Quality wins- South Dakota State (6-4), @ Western Illinois (5-4), North Dakota State (5-4)
Losses- @ Southern Illinois (7-2), @ FBS BYU (9-1)

8- Cal Poly (8-2)- Unlike the rest of the teams I dont assume the Mustangs win out. I have them losing to Wisconsin, if they win it will be a horse of a different color.
Quality wins- @ FBS San Diego State (1-9), @ Northwestern State (6-4), @ South Dakota State (6-4),
Losses- Montana (9-1), @ Wisconsin (5-5)*

Nice lecture, professor! xhurrayx

Twentysix
November 11th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Honestly Montana would be 9-3, they would of lost to Montana. =P

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Honestly Montana would be 9-3, they would of lost to Montana. =PNo way.

I'd take fictional, hypothetical Montana over Real Montana and Hawaii, anyday. xlolx

JohnStOnge
November 11th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Ok guys. You know what I mean. Let's correct it and ask if Montana wouldn't have two losses outside of their game against Weber State if they'd played the other teams on Weber State's schedule. And the answer is almost certainly not. Or you could ask, "If each team had played the other's schedule outside of their game against each other, which would have the better record? The obvious answer is that Weber State probably would. Weber losing to Cal Poly would've been a pretty good possiblity but not nearly as probable as Montana losing both at Hawaii and at Utah. The idea that the argument that Montana has a better overall record isn't much of an argument.

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Ok guys. You know what I mean. Let's correct it and ask if Montana wouldn't have two losses outside of their game against Weber State if they'd played the other teams on Weber State's schedule. And the answer is almost certainly not. Or you could ask, "If each team had played the other's schedule outside of their game against each other, which would have the better record? The obvious answer is that Weber State probably would. Weber losing to Cal Poly would've been a pretty good possiblity but not nearly as probable as Montana losing both at Hawaii and at Utah. The idea that the argument that Montana has a better overall record isn't much of an argument.That's a silly argument. For all we know, Montana would have matched up completely differently for both FBS game, and might have pulled out a win. There are way too many intangibles. Weber, playing against each BSC foe on different weeks (In the weeks Montana played them), might have lost to NAU, MSU, etc. No one can say. It'd be the same for every other team anywhere.

All we have to work with is what happened. Not what might have happened if things were different. Montana lost to Weber, but they beat Cal Poly and two other OOC FCS teams. Weber beat Montana, but lost to two FBS teams, and didn't play any OOC FCS teams. That's what happened.

In that sense, record is much more credible than a hypothetical with different conditions. There are 1,000,001 results. Weber might have gone 5-5 playing Montana's schedule, and Montana may have gone 3-7 playing Weber's. Or they both could be undefeated. xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

89Hen
November 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Cue 89Hen.
Hey, I'm not that bad. I include the BSC in that list.

The only team to win the Big Sky other than Montana in the last umpteen years is Montana State and they were a two (?) loss team both years. So you'd only have to see if Montana has ever gone undefeated in conference play and not gotten a seed.

I'll look at the CAA. Can somebody else volunteer to check the MVC, SoCon and Southland? Here are the top four seeds for the last 10 years (they "seeded" all 16 at one point) and I'm not sure it's worth looking previous to that...

1. Georgia Southern
2. Northwestern State
3. Richmond
4. Western Illinois

1. Tennessee State
2. Georgia Southern
3. Hofstra
4. Appalachian State

1. Montana
2. Delaware
3. Georgia Southern
4. Troy State

1. Montana
2. Georgia Southern
3. Furman
4. Eastern Illinois

1. McNeese State
2. Western Illinois
3. Georgia Southern
4. Northeastern

1. McNeese State
2. Delaware
3. Wofford
4. Colgate

1. Southern Illinois
2. Furman
3. William and Mary
4. Georgia Southern

1. New Hampshire
2. Appalachian State
3. Hampton
4. Texas State

1. Appalachian State
2. Montana
3. Massachusetts
4. Youngstown State

1. Northern Iowa
2. McNeese State
3. Montana
4. Southern Illinois

1. James Madison
2. Appalachian State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Weber State

DB_Atlantic10
November 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM

BOO!!!!!!!!!xnonono2x

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2008, 09:05 AM
1. James Madison
2. Appalachian State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Weber Statexrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Nice little addition. :p

IABison
November 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
1. James Madison
2. Appalachian State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Weber State

If Weber gets the seed over Montana, shouldn't SIU get the seed over UNI? xeyebrowx

(Assuming all four teams win out)

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM
If Weber gets the seed over Montana, shouldn't SIU get the seed over UNI? xeyebrowx

There you go with logic.xrolleyesx

YoUDeeMan
November 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Great stuff. However, you forgot:

0-1 versus Delaware (at Grizzyworld, too). :p

Hey, with this year's UD team, we have to hold on to something. xlolx :o

joecooll6
November 11th, 2008, 09:22 AM

I agree. At this point it doesn't make sense for us to get a seed over them.

Houndawg
November 11th, 2008, 09:28 AM

If UNI and SIU get in they will meet in the 2nd round. I'd like that game to be in Carbondale.xnodx

What's up with putting same conference teams on the same side of the bracket anyway? Do they do that to all the conferences?

89Hen
November 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM

I'm guessing what the seeds will be, not what they should be. xpeacex

Ronbo
November 11th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty thrilled Montana is even in this argument whether we get a seed or not. We still need to beat 0-10 ISU and MSU will probably be 7-4 when they come to W/G this month. That's always a tough game.

But if we win those two we'll be 11-1 with 12 True Freshmen playing with their redshirts burned. There is another dozen Freshmen that did redshirt. To replace 14 starters and 24 seniors and go 11-1 and be arguing for a top seed is much more than even the most positive Griz fan couldn't have hoped for back in August.:D

gbhmt
November 11th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty thrilled Montana is even in this argument whether we get a seed or not. We still need to beat 0-10 ISU and MSU will probably be 7-4 when they come to W/G this month. That's always a tough game.

But if we win those two we'll be 11-1 with 12 True Freshmen playing with their redshirts burned. There is another dozen Freshmen that did redshirt. To replace 14 starters and 24 seniors and go 11-1 and be arguing for a top seed is much more than even the most positive Griz fan couldn't have hoped for back in August.:D

Amen. I'll be happy at the end of this year no matter what happens. Next year is incredibly promising considering the small number of seniors we'll lose.

Native
November 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Amen. I'll be happy at the end of this year no matter what happens. Next year is incredibly promising considering the small number of seniors we'll lose.

Ditto. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

gbhmt
November 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Ditto. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Higgins and Smith will be the best QB-RB tandem in the FCS. If they aren't already.

I Bleed Purple
November 11th, 2008, 02:15 PM
The only skill player on the offensive side we lose has already not played 3 games this year. We're learning to play without him.

Grizaholic17
November 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Higgins and Smith will be the best QB-RB tandem in the FCS. If they aren't already.

They might be already. They are coming to their element and can really start putting the hurt on.

joecooll6
November 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I just fricken love this time of year. This is why being an FCS fan beats being an FBS fan- playoff talk!

CopperCat
November 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Aw, gee, we could get at least 3,600. Maybe if we played the Grizz again we could get even more! xsmiley_wix

I can't believe we have to wait two more looong weeks to find out. xbawlingx

If I was you, I would quit my job for a week and recruit some bandwagon fans to fill the stands. You won't get 20k, but it will be better than most games.

I'm pulling for WSU btw.

uofmman1122
November 12th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm pulling for WSU btw.Obviously. xrolleyesx

xlolxxlolxxlolx

CopperCat
November 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Obviously. xrolleyesx

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Oh, piss off Tokyo drift!:D WSU already beat you guys anyway. EVERYBODY should be pulling for WSU who is a BSC fan.

gbhmt
November 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Oh, piss off Tokyo drift!:D WSU already beat you guys anyway. EVERYBODY should be pulling for WSU who is a BSC fan.

Why? It's not like both teams won't make the playoffs.