PDA

View Full Version : - FURMAN VS GSU -

furman94
November 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Furman comes into the game with everything to lose, playoff hopes could be extended or crushed following the final ticks of the clock. GSU, however, comes in with nothing to lose with their minds set on ruining Furman's post season hopes. Who will win this years edition of "The Diamond Bowl"? More to come when I have time!

Comments? Thoughts? Predictions?

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
GSU scored 17 at home against Samford. They'll be playing on the road against an arguably better defense. Hatcher better think up some wrinkles.

seantaylor
November 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
GSU gets stomped by an average Furman team. The Socon is WAY down this year.

beauvighn
November 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think GSU is way down this year. Hatcher better come up with some new screen passes to beat Furman. I think Furman crushes the Eaglets.

gofurman
November 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I think GSU is way down this year. Hatcher better come up with some new screen passes to beat Furman. I think Furman crushes the Eaglets.

I have watched too many FU / GSU games to think a crush happens. I will be happy with an FU W and I mean that.

First of all, GSU v Samford is ONE game. Don't take too much away from that. Also, it is the anomaly. GSU lost to App by one, Woff in OT by one, Elon by 2, and beat Cit and Western in OT. Their season is defined - as much as anyone I have seen in a long time - by close games.

Also, we KNOW GSU has athletic talent. Their QB is v good as an Ohio State transfer..( 2nd we have faced this season) and I believe(?) was the Georgia High School player of the year before going to Ohio State?

Lastly, if one wants to focus on GSU / Samford -> GSU outgained Samford but had a -2 TO ratio. If FU had a -2 TO ratio against Smaford we probably would have lost too.

gofurman
November 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
In any case, to GSU fans:

What starters are out?
What postion do they play

I watched your Samford game and didn't notice any injuries. I saw Larry Beard, etc play well...

FU is out Webb (starting Recvr)
Chancellor (backup center)
DL is particularly gimpy:
Justin Brown playing but hurt
DE VanRensburg and DE Phillip Morris did not play against Samford - status unnknown

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Furman comes into the game with everything to lose, playoff hopes could be extended or crushed following the final ticks of the clock. GSU, however, comes in with nothing to lose with their minds set on ruining Furman's post season hopes. Who will win this years edition of "The Diamond Bowl"? More to come when I have time!

Comments? Thoughts? Predictions?

Personally I'd love to have four SoCon teams in the playoffs. My biggest concern is not ruining Furman's season but avoiding a losing season and and not having a 1-4 record against Furman since 2004.

As for the actual game, GSU has severe multiple personality disorder this year and if there is one game this year that I think can bring out the inner angry "hulk" out in us it will be this one. We are still the team that lost to App, Wofford, and Elon by a combined total of 4 points and I think and hope that team will be back this week with vengeance on the mind.

In any case, to GSU fans:

What starters are out?
What postion do they play

I watched your Samford game and didn't notice any injuries. I saw Larry Beard, etc play well...

FU is out Webb (starting Recvr)
Chancellor (backup center)
DL is particularly gimpy:
Justin Brown playing but hurt
DE VanRensburg and DE Phillip Morris did not play against Samford - status unnknown

Some GSU fans might disagree, but IMO there is no one out that does not have someone equally or nearly equally talented backing them up.

GSU gets stomped by an average Furman team. The Socon is WAY down this year.

Compared to when? Maybe last year, but I wouldn't say we are way down compared to last year. This is probably the second-best conference of this decade. What is it with GSU fans saying the conference is great when GSU is doing good but the conference it pitiful when we aren't?

walliver
November 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
If the game was at Paulson, the horses would run wild. Unfortunately for the purple crowd, the game will not be played in the hospitable surroundings the the 'boro. I think the Eagles will play at their highest level and keep it close, and probably make a game winning play late in the game. GSU doesn't have a "good win" all season, and this will be their last chance to redeem something from this season.

Eagle22
November 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Anyone who can successfully predict how GSU will play better save that prognosticating power and pick their lottery numbers instead.

There hasn't been any glint of consistency this season, except for turnovers and stupid penalties ... and in those categories we've been consistently bad ... we've shown we can play like world-beaters at times and other times we stink up the joint. Sometimes both have happened in the same game.

We'll be heading to Greenville with a patch-work offensive line, a depleted wide receiver corp, injured pride and an enigmatic defense that man for man has talent but together, seems a step (or play) short when it counts.

That said, we'll make the trip and aim to knock FU out ... surely a loss to GSU won't look good, so that's what will define our season ... somehow we've got to find a way to win ... and it will probably take a defensive effort unseen by this group this year, to do it.

Reign of Terrier
November 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Furman plays 60 minutes and wins 31-17

SuperEagle
November 9th, 2008, 09:23 PM
With all due respect to Northeastern, Austin Peay, Chatt, WCU and El Cid, we have not beaten a significantly good team all year. Our 5 wins are against teams that have struggled all year. Yes, we've play some good teams close. But we haven't beaten one. I would be pretty surprised if we beat Furman. I would also not be surprised to see Furman beat us by 10-20 points as bad as I hate to say that. This Eagle team is just not that good and our record proves it. xbawlingx

Baldy
November 9th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Depends which officiating crew is assigned this game.
If it's Trexler or Barnett's Pop Warner goons, it's a guaranteed loss. If it's someone else, we might have a chance. xcoolx

onemoretime
November 9th, 2008, 10:01 PM
GSU pays FU back for ruining our play off hopes last year. 34-32 GSU

Laserlips
November 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
way[/I] down compared to last year. This is probably the second-best conference of this decade. What is it with GSU fans saying the conference is great when GSU is doing good but the conference it pitiful when we aren't?

It's called an excuse.... :o

But even fessin' up to that I'd still say our GSU Eagles are just as likely to whip Furman this coming Saturday as not..

THAT's how weird this season has been....

Our GSU Eagle team plays like a bunch of schizophrenics and our talent runs hot and cold, up and down, great or terrible, and we can offer any team a great contest, or none at all on any given afternoon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked like crap for three quarters and great for one quarter... We looked great against Samson the first quarter, then the team mentally took the rest of the day off... We looked like crap for three quarters against W.Carolina then went crazy in the final 10 minutes..

Go figure?

Anyway, we'll all find out at the same time whether our "A" team shows up, or the Keystone Kops make the trip.

"A" team shows up, we can win.. Kops show up we'll be embarrassed on Sports South for all the world to see... Again..xbawlingx

But, Lord bless their little erratic souls I love 'em anyway..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Death Dealer
November 10th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Furman is the better team on a day to day basis, but if history tells us anything, that has little to do with how this game will turn out. It is a toss up, and will come down to who scores last.

gofurman
November 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone who can successfully predict how GSU will play better save that prognosticating power and pick their lottery numbers instead.

There hasn't been any glint of consistency this season, except for turnovers and stupid penalties ... and in those categories we've been consistently bad ... we've shown we can play like world-beaters at times and other times we stink up the joint. Sometimes both have happened in the same game.

We'll be heading to Greenville with a patch-work offensive line, a depleted wide receiver corp, injured pride and an enigmatic defense that man for man has talent but together, seems a step (or play) short when it counts.

That said, we'll make the trip and aim to knock FU out ... surely a loss to GSU won't look good, so that's what will define our season ... somehow we've got to find a way to win ... and it will probably take a defensive effort unseen by this group this year, to do it.

Is someone out on your Oline? A receiver out? I saw Raja Andrews playing against Samford - he is a good one.
Thanks for the info.

PaladinFan
November 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
This game is always fun regardless of the record. I think the real advantage has in this game is on defense. The 4-2-5 is going to cause a lot of problems for the inexpereinced O-line and whoever is playing quarterback. They seem to be having a tough enough time blocking defensive players that line up in front of them, much less those who are blitzing from 15 different directions.

Andrews still scares me though. I'm anxious to see the matchup between he and William Middleton.

blazrdog#1
November 11th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Wah,Wah,Wah....cry me an Eagle Creek...Furman wins BIG! BTW, where's Opie...out fishing with Otis?!

OL FU
November 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I have watched too many FU / GSU games to think a crush happens. I will be happy with an FU W and I mean that.

First of all, GSU v Samford is ONE game. Don't take too much away from that. Also, it is the anomaly. GSU lost to App by one, Woff in OT by one, Elon by 2, and beat Cit and Western in OT. Their season is defined - as much as anyone I have seen in a long time - by close games.

Also, we KNOW GSU has athletic talent. Their QB is v good as an Ohio State transfer..( 2nd we have faced this season) and I believe(?) was the Georgia High School player of the year before going to Ohio State?

Lastly, if one wants to focus on GSU / Samford -> GSU outgained Samford but had a -2 TO ratio. If FU had a -2 TO ratio against Smaford we probably would have lost too.

I agree. It is a rivalry game also so alot of other stuff goes out the window. I know the GSU fans dont' want to lose to FU three years in a rown and I imagine the team is in the same mindset. I look for a close one.

gofurman
November 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Is someone out on your Oline? A receiver out? I saw Raja Andrews playing against Samford - he is a good one.
Thanks for the info.

Anything on what are GSU's top strengths and weaknesses on O and D?

I would say FU weakness is running between the tackles (OL wasn't recruited specifically for the spread?). Uhaa has helped this some. FU strength on O is SHORT passing game. We don't go deep much. USUALLY, we use the TEs a lot.

On D, oddly enough, our recent strength is RUN D via stacking the box. However, our 4-2-5 (new to this year) is adept at stopping athletic QBs - props to GSU, it was put in for the sole purpose to stop Jayson Foster last year (his only game without a TD in college I believe?). Hopefully for us it can hold up against Henton as I know he is a great athelete and your leading rusher... D weakness appears when teams go to a pass-only style. We seem to give up a lot of late passign yards.

PaladinFan
November 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM
GSU fans already pulling out the refs excuse and we haven't even played the game yet. Strangely, every terrible ref in the country is always on the field whenever the Eagles lose. It's like they plan it that way.

gofurman
November 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I kept seeing a lot about GSU being so young - as I look at the starters I see one R/FR on the OL and two FR in the running backfield. on D I see an all senior front with Larry Beard... granted four FR in the back 8 but not that young as that is 7 FR out of 22 and a lot of the others are SR.

That is young but not super young... maybe I am missing something - did you all put some elders in later in the year?

blueballs
November 15th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I kept seeing a lot about GSU being so young - as I look at the starters I see one R/FR on the OL and two FR in the running backfield. on D I see an all senior front with Larry Beard... granted four FR in the back 8 but not that young as that is 7 FR out of 22 and a lot of the others are SR.

That is young but not super young... maybe I am missing something - did you all put some elders in later in the year?

You need to look at the two deep, not just the one deep. The two deep is loaded with first year players or players who are in their first year in the program.

BTW, GSU returned only one starter on offense from 2007.

Here is the two deep for the FU game with first year or players in their first year in the program in bold:

OFFENSE TWO-DEEP

LT 51 WILLIAM MAXWELL (6-1, 275, R-FR)
73 Daniel Few (6-4, 270, Fr)
LG 65 DIO HERRERA (6-3, 325, SR)
79 Adam Scott (6-2, 275, So)
C 72 LEWIS BROOKS (5-10, 305, SR)
69 Trey Dunmon (6-3, 300, Jr)
RG 61 JONATHAN LOVING (6-1, 270, JR)
67 Joe Behrmann (6-1, 260, R-Fr)
RT 70 COLE FOUNTAIN (6-3, 300, JR)
63 Brandavious Mann (6-2, 250, R-Fr)
QB 7 ANTONIO HENTON (6-1, 235, SO)
12 Kyle Collins (6-3, 205, So)
-or- 14 Lee Chapple (6-1, 190, R-Fr)
RB 26 ZEKE ROZIER (6-1, 200, R-FR)
49 Jarrell Crawford (5-6, 180, Jr)
RB/WR 15 LEANDER BARNEY (5-8, 185, FR)
83 Garryon Taylor (5-11, 180, Jr)
WR-Z 21 RAJA ANDREWS (5-8, 185, SR)
81 Marcus Russ (6-1, 185, Fr)
WR-Y 19 TIM CAMP (6-0, 210, SR)
86 Steve Cundari (6-3, 190, So)
WR-X 18 MICHAEL McINTOSH (6-0, 190, SR)
82 Joe Haynie (5-11, 185, Sr)
PK 64 ADRIAN MORA (5-11, 195, R-FR)
48 Patrick Bolen (5-10, 200, Sr)

DEFENSE TWO-DEEP
DE 55 LARRY BEARD (6-3, 250, SR)
94 Roderick Tinsley (6-3, 240, Fr)
NT 99 DAMON SUGGS (6-2, 255, SR)
90 Markeith Wylie (6-0, 295, Jr)
DE 52 DAKOTA WALKER (6-3, 237, SR)
98 Brandon Lee Williams (6-4, 240, Sr)
SLB 40 J.B. SHIPPY (5-11, 205, FR)
22 Terrione Benefi eld (6-0, 210, Jr)
MLB 10 QUENTIN TAYLOR (6-0, 240, SR)
54 Dion Dubose (6-0, 240, Fr)
WLB 28 CHRIS COVINGTON (5-11, 200, SR)
27 Marc Thomas (5-10, 215, Fr)
CB 23 RONNIE WIGGINS (5-8, 170, JR)
9 Darrel Pasco (6-0, 170, Jr)
ROVER 1 E.J. WEBB (6-1, 205, SO)
17 Lennie Richardson (6-1, 220, R-Fr)
BANDIT 30 K.R. SNIPES (5-9, 175, FR)
35 Brandon Echols (6-2, 195, Jr)
FS 38 DEREK HEYDEN (6-1, 175, FR)
36 Brett Layson (6-1, 200, R-Fr)
CB 24 CARSON HILL (5-10, 175, JR)
20 Chris Rogers (6-1, 200, Jr)
P 42 CHARLIE EDWARDS (5-11, 200, R-FR)
59 Kevin Millward (6-0, 228, Fr)
KO 48 Patrick Bolen; 64 Adrian Mora
PR 21 Raja Andrews; 19 Tim Camp
KR 9 Darrel Pasco; 21 Raja Andrews
SNAP 57 Carter Jones (5-11, 200, R-Fr); 62 Tyler Reed (6-1, 245, So)
HOLD

Also, a freshman starting OT, a freshman starting RB, a freshman starting NT, and a freshman starting LB are out with injuries, so you can add four more freshman starters to that total above.

gofurman
November 15th, 2008, 08:44 AM
You need to look at the two deep, not just the one deep. The two deep is loaded with first year players or players who are in their first year in the program.

BTW, GSU returned only one starter on offense from 2007.

Here is the two deep for the FU game with first year or players in their first year in the program in bold:

OFFENSE TWO-DEEP

LT 51 WILLIAM MAXWELL (6-1, 275, R-FR)
73 Daniel Few (6-4, 270, Fr)
LG 65 DIO HERRERA (6-3, 325, SR)
79 Adam Scott (6-2, 275, So)
C 72 LEWIS BROOKS (5-10, 305, SR)
69 Trey Dunmon (6-3, 300, Jr)
RG 61 JONATHAN LOVING (6-1, 270, JR)
67 Joe Behrmann (6-1, 260, R-Fr)
RT 70 COLE FOUNTAIN (6-3, 300, JR)
63 Brandavious Mann (6-2, 250, R-Fr)
QB 7 ANTONIO HENTON (6-1, 235, SO)
12 Kyle Collins (6-3, 205, So)
-or- 14 Lee Chapple (6-1, 190, R-Fr)
RB 26 ZEKE ROZIER (6-1, 200, R-FR)
49 Jarrell Crawford (5-6, 180, Jr)
RB/WR 15 LEANDER BARNEY (5-8, 185, FR)
83 Garryon Taylor (5-11, 180, Jr)
WR-Z 21 RAJA ANDREWS (5-8, 185, SR)
81 Marcus Russ (6-1, 185, Fr)
WR-Y 19 TIM CAMP (6-0, 210, SR)
86 Steve Cundari (6-3, 190, So)
WR-X 18 MICHAEL McINTOSH (6-0, 190, SR)
82 Joe Haynie (5-11, 185, Sr)
PK 64 ADRIAN MORA (5-11, 195, R-FR)
48 Patrick Bolen (5-10, 200, Sr)

DEFENSE TWO-DEEP
DE 55 LARRY BEARD (6-3, 250, SR)
94 Roderick Tinsley (6-3, 240, Fr)
NT 99 DAMON SUGGS (6-2, 255, SR)
90 Markeith Wylie (6-0, 295, Jr)
DE 52 DAKOTA WALKER (6-3, 237, SR)
98 Brandon Lee Williams (6-4, 240, Sr)
SLB 40 J.B. SHIPPY (5-11, 205, FR)
22 Terrione Benefi eld (6-0, 210, Jr)
MLB 10 QUENTIN TAYLOR (6-0, 240, SR)
54 Dion Dubose (6-0, 240, Fr)
WLB 28 CHRIS COVINGTON (5-11, 200, SR)
27 Marc Thomas (5-10, 215, Fr)
CB 23 RONNIE WIGGINS (5-8, 170, JR)
9 Darrel Pasco (6-0, 170, Jr)
ROVER 1 E.J. WEBB (6-1, 205, SO)
17 Lennie Richardson (6-1, 220, R-Fr)
BANDIT 30 K.R. SNIPES (5-9, 175, FR)
35 Brandon Echols (6-2, 195, Jr)
FS 38 DEREK HEYDEN (6-1, 175, FR)
36 Brett Layson (6-1, 200, R-Fr)
CB 24 CARSON HILL (5-10, 175, JR)
20 Chris Rogers (6-1, 200, Jr)
P 42 CHARLIE EDWARDS (5-11, 200, R-FR)
59 Kevin Millward (6-0, 228, Fr)
KO 48 Patrick Bolen; 64 Adrian Mora
PR 21 Raja Andrews; 19 Tim Camp
KR 9 Darrel Pasco; 21 Raja Andrews
SNAP 57 Carter Jones (5-11, 200, R-Fr); 62 Tyler Reed (6-1, 245, So)
HOLD

Also, a freshman starting OT, a freshman starting RB, a freshman starting NT, and a freshman starting LB are out with injuries, so you can add four more freshman starters to that total above.

good info. I guess I just figure most starters play 80% of plays so I focus on the one-deep. I find it interesting (bold) that you had a FR starting in front of Damon Suggs?? That is only a good thing for GSU future as Suggs is a good NG!

Also, not to nit pick (as I see your point), but to worry about two new people at one position like QB isn't too relevant as if Henton plays the whole game then it really doesn't matter who is behind him...

You are younger than FU though......no doubt. You and Elon are probably the youngest. As a matter of fact, just looking at returning starters (so sophs and jrs too) I think Elon returns like 20 of 22 next year! You guys (like us) will take some hits.

SuperEagle
November 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM
1 GSU fan is already pulling out the refs excuse and we haven't even played the game yet. Strangely, every terrible ref in the country is always on the field whenever the Eagles lose. It's like they plan it that way.
Fixed if for ya'.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 09:39 AM
GSU fans already pulling out the refs excuse and we haven't even played the game yet. Strangely, every terrible ref in the country is always on the field whenever the Eagles lose. It's like they plan it that way.

Actually, the worst officiating I have ever seen was in GSU's 1999 win over Furman. Any GSU fans who have followed GSU since then would agree.

The funny thing is, I can't ever remember having problems with referees in playoff games when we get to use refs from another conference. Either the SoCon refs have it in for GSU, or the SoCon refs just suck.

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Eagles score on the first possession. 7-0

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Coach Hatcher starts Lee Chapple at QB.

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Onside kick is unsucessful. With nothing left to lose, Hatcher is really opening up the playbook.

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sorrels can't buy an open receiver. FU has to kick it away.

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Where the hell has this GSU team been all season?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Where the hell has this GSU team been all season?

might've spoken too soon

we look flat now and aren't protecting Chapple very well xbangx

mrklean
November 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM
TOUCH DOWN SOUTHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Fieldgoal good. 17-0 just before the half

seantaylor
November 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Just a beating. Furman has no team speed. Pour it on now.

ButlerGSU
November 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Just a beating. Furman has no team speed. Pour it on now.

I would hardly say Furman has no team speed. Hatcher said it best before the half, our O line has finally stepped up and giving Lee some time to pass. Hopefully, this is what our beloved Eagles look like in the future as they continue to develop a young team.

For now I hope we keep it up in the 2nd and ruin Furmans season xsmiley_wix

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
The officiating has been very clean. Are the refs rented from another conference?xlolx

seantaylor
November 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
The Socon officials are trash. They just f'ked up 2 spots, and missed a blatant holding.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Finally got that Furman offense off the field.

bobbythekidd
November 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
The officiating has been very clean. Are the refs rented from another conference?xlolx
I spoke too soon. But we beat Furman so all is right with the world.

introvertedGSUfan
November 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM
YES! Now Furman can know what it feels like by having your playoff chances spoiled.

mrklean
November 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
TAKE THAT FURMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

introvertedGSUfan
November 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm so glad that I can end my senior year with a win over our bitter rival and an upset!

FurmanPaladins4138
November 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
It was that damn kistletoe that did us in.

Laserlips
November 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM

PaladinFan:

Sorry..

I shouldn't have said bad things about the quality of SOCON refereeing... I think they did a FANTASTIC job tonight... xwhistlex

Best Wishes,

Jesse

furman94
November 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
That should have been a first down. The Soconvicts spoiled the game for both sides tonight.

GATA
November 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
The SOCON officials are the worst. You just know that they're gonna make 5-6 TERRIBLE calls in the course of a game...it's almost like you have to game plan around them.

They've killed GSU in previous games this season and they really didn't help Furman tonight...but hell...a win is a win.

Laserlips
November 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
That should have been a first down. The Soconvicts spoiled the game for both sides tonight.

fur:

Hey, they didn't spoil the game for me...... xnottalkingx

Jesse

Death Dealer
November 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I hate all you muther*****ers, and if I see any of you in the next two weeks, I'm sure I will cut your dyckz off and feed them 2 you, so leave me the phuk alone or face the consequences. Motherppppppppppp*****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrklean
November 15th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I hate all you muther*****ers, and if I see any of you in the next two weeks, I'm sure I will cut your dyckz off and feed them 2 you, so leave me the phuk alone or face the consequences. Motherppppppppppp*****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay back is a BEEEOOCH!!!!!!!!!!!xlolx

Death Dealer
November 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM
TAKE THAT FURMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK!! That's it!! I've always considered u a friend, bit that's it!! I'm gonna hunt u down and kill u!!!!! xlolx xlolx

SideLine Shooter
November 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
The Socon officials are trash. They just f'ked up 2 spots, and missed a blatant holding.

Socon officials don't call holding anymore.

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Considering Wofford is the least penalized team in the league I think the officiating is pretty good. The only game I thought was bad was the Wofford-Georgia Southern game.

mrklean
November 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
OK!! That's it!! I've always considered u a friend, bit that's it!! I'm gonna hunt u down and kill u!!!!! xlolx xlolx

Hey you did it to us last year. !!!!!!!!!!!

apaladin
November 15th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Furman plays 60 minutes and wins 31-17

You weren't close. FU played about 15 mins at most.

Death Dealer
November 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hey you did it to us last year. !!!!!!!!!!!

OK!! fair enough!!! See u next year in the 'boro!!!!

You owe me at least two beers!!! We need to start an exchange program!!

Eaglegus2
November 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM
The Eagles end this topsy turvy year with a win over Furman.

6 - 5 isn't the best but it beats the alternative. Lee Chapple showed what his talent is about today. I look forward to three more years of his playing. Henton.........I don't know but he could be starting qb next year. Let the competition begin.