PDA

View Full Version : SoCon predictions for November 15th

catamount man
November 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Western Carolina, THANK GOD, finally has an open date.

Elon at App.State- I was seriously thinking of driving up to Boone to try and watch this one, but I was told tickets are all gone. Can't believe this is not coming on tv. I think Elon will hold their own but ASU is just too strong. ASU wins 45-28.

GSU at Furman- Furman needs to win out to net a playoff spot and it's in Greenville. GSU wants revenge for last year, but it won't happen. Paladins win 31-17.

Wofford at Samford- I just have a strange feeling this is gonna be one of those shootouts. Don't know why, but Wofford wins 49-42.

UTC at The Citadel- UTC in an upset, 17-10.

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I don't think there's anyway Wofford scores 49 against Samford's defense.

OldSouth
November 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Elon at App.State- I was seriously thinking of driving up to Boone to try and watch this one, but I was told tickets are all gone. Can't believe this is not coming on tv. I think Elon will hold their own but ASU is just too strong. ASU wins 45-28.

GSU at Furman- Furman needs to win out to net a playoff spot and it's in Greenville. GSU wants revenge for last year, but it won't happen. Paladins win 31-17.

Wofford at Samford- I just have a strange feeling this is gonna be one of those shootouts. Don't know why, but Wofford wins 49-42.

I couldn't say it better myself. Those predictions are spot on. I do hope App puts up more points than that though to keep that CHOO CHOO train to Chatty still smoking.

Saint3333
November 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Elon at App.State- I was seriously thinking of driving up to Boone to try and watch this one, but I was told tickets are all gone.

Tickets are still available.

Elon has the second best defense statistically in the SoCon, not sure ASU will score 45.

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?sponsorID=1466

AppinATL
November 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM

Cat, you atarted out pretty strong,but I also don't think Wofford will put up that may on Sammy's D. That's a pretty good bunch.

Also, I saw the Mocs play yesterday. They are not beating ANYONE. They have a qb that can't hit a wide open receiver and team wise, they are pretty slow. Their punter can punt you to death, because he's pretty good, but that's all they have. Plus they seem to have mailed it in. That game yesterday could have been 80-7 if we wanted it to be.

appstate1998
November 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
App State 34
Elon 17

UTC 7
Citadel 13

Wofford 21
Samford 24

Ga Southern 31 (2 ot's)
Furman 28

catamount man
November 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Cat, you atarted out pretty strong,but I also don't think Wofford will put up that may on Sammy's D. That's a pretty good bunch.

Also, I saw the Mocs play yesterday. They are not beating ANYONE. They have a qb that can't hit a wide open receiver and team wise, they are pretty slow. Their punter can punt you to death, because he's pretty good, but that's all they have. Plus they seem to have mailed it in. That game yesterday could have been 80-7 if we wanted it to be.

Yeah when I saw 49-7 as the final, I was like "WTF?". I truly expected you guys to hang 70 on them. Good luck against Elon, but not the week after.xthumbsupx

As far as picking UTC over Citadel, not gonna happen but felt like throwing it out there.

appfan2008
November 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I think if the weather is nice, elon and asu could score a lot of points... Id say 42-31 asu should be a great weekend... and come on up... im sure you can get a ticket!!!

RazorEdge19
November 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Elon @ App

Elon had a chance to see the Wofford game on television, and knows what they are getting themselves into. That said, their offensive line should be able to handle ASU's front seven. Elon's defense is not bad, and, assuming they play well, could have a definite shot at winning on the Rock. It will come down to Elon's defense, and how well they stop the ASU offense.

Wofford @ Samford

Samford had a huge win on the road vs. GSU, and Wofford won ugly against The Citadel at home. This has all the makings of a close game, but I don't think it will be. Samford's defense has shown signs of struggling against option offenses. Samford's offense is the kind Wofford's defense was designed to stop. The key will be how well Samford's offense moves the ball against Wofford.

GSU @ Furman

GSU lost at home to Samford, and Furman is coming off of a bye week. I think GSU is much better than their record indicates, but they are playing for pride at this point. Furman is playing for their lives, but nothing will redeem a young team more then knocking a rival out of the playoffs. If GSU's offense can keep them hanging around, they will have a shot at ending Furman's playoff hopes.

UTC @ The Citadel

The Citadel is still playing for pride. UTC, well, I'm surprised the team honestly hasn't disbanded yet. Andre Roberts makes the difference for them both.

SideLine Shooter
November 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah when I saw 49-7 as the final, I was like "WTF?". I truly expected you guys to hang 70 on them. Good luck against Elon, but not the week after.xthumbsupx

As far as picking UTC over Citadel, not gonna happen but felt like throwing it out there.

That 49-7 game was pretty vanilla. It could have been worse. I don't think Coach Moore wanted to put the Beat Down on a wounded dog.

UTC is hungry for a respectable football team and Coach Moore is not the type coach to beat somebody when they are down like this. I give credit to the Mocs. They never gave up and they have a lot of quality young men on that team, but for now it is just not working for them.

AppStateold299
November 9th, 2008, 09:44 AM
We also pulled all of our starters at halftime. So it could have been a lot worse, but Coach didn't feel the need to push the score. He wanted to rest our starters. He also didn't have anything to prove since the Mocs are not that good of a team (right now).

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'd wager one reason why Elon has the #2 defense is they haven't played App yet.

ASU has put at least 35 points on everybody but Furman.

SideLine Shooter
November 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'd wager one reason why Elon has the #2 defense is they haven't played App yet.

Very Good Point!!!!xnodx

phoenixphanatic21
November 9th, 2008, 11:05 AM
UTC @ The Citadel- I honestly don't think UTC will win a SoCon game this year. 24-10 Citadel

GSU @ Furman- Oh wouldn't revenge be sweet for GSU, especially after last week? But Furman knows what's coming and they know a playoff spot may be on the line. A closer game than most think, but Furman wins. 34-30 Furman

Wofford @ Samford- This will be a great matchup that I'm really looking forward to. I'm interested to see which defensive can actually make a play, since these are the 2 biggest O-lines in the SoCon. Wofford is done reeling from the App game and is looking to make a statement. 35-28 Wofford

Elon @ App State- I've been looking forward to this game all year long. I plan on being up in the stands for this one, my first trip to a game at Kidd Brewer. Elon's D is much improved, but they need Walker White back for the game to try to slow down Armanti. I've decided it's near impossible to stop him, just try to contain him the best you can. Elon's run game vs. App run D I think will play a big role in this game. I want so badly to say that Elon wins, but I just can't. But hey, a guy can dream can't he? 38-28 App

phoenix3
November 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
GSU did a respectable job against Armanti by putting a spy - Chris Covington - on him. I'm not quite sure how Furman did it. I'm just hoping our offense comes back to life. I saw a few flashes of the old offense beginning in the mid third quarter yesterday. We'll need that and much more to compete with App.

WCU LawCat
November 9th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Elon's defense is solid. They have a great defensive line and have good speed.

Reign of Terrier
November 9th, 2008, 02:42 PM

Elon over App (optimism isn't a bad thing)
Furman over GSU
The citadel over Chatty
Wofford over Samford

Reign of Terrier
November 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Samford hasn't scored 30 points on any D1 team. Wofford has on all but two.
Samford won't try to pick Wofford apart in the air. They will have a little success in the first half running the ball but Wofford will force a couple turnovers. Wofford 38 Samford 28 in a better game than most would expect. I would be very surprised if Wofford wins by more than 10.

This will be the first game I will have to listen on the Radio since Montana.

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
GSU did a respectable job against Armanti by putting a spy - Chris Covington - on him. I'm not quite sure how Furman did it. I'm just hoping our offense comes back to life. I saw a few flashes of the old offense beginning in the mid third quarter yesterday. We'll need that and much more to compete with App.

I'd imagine Lembo is checking out the App/Furman film. Furman forced App to try to beat them through the air. App only rushed for 133 and 84 of those came on one play. Edwards had 16 yards rushing and was sacked three times.

It seemed as though our gameplan was to make ASU's offense one dimensional. Furman had a lot of success rushing the ball at about 5 yards a touch. Key for the Phoenix is to limit the big plays and turnovers. ASU is one of those teams that can score and score quickly (ask Wofford). Keep the score manageable and try to bite em late.

walliver
November 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Open date takes Western to OT but the 'cat prevail 3-0.

UTC @ the Citadel - The bulldogs would get a better game from Trident Technical College. Citdog celebrates a 42-0 win.

Elon keeps it close for one half, but the hillbillies pull away for a 56-35 win.

Wofford @ Samford. The T-dog offense gets rolling again 42-31

GSU @ Furman. At this point, this game is the only game of the whole year that will matter to bird fans. The egg-layers pull the upset 43-42 (winning with a two-point conversion in the second overtime)

phillyAPP
November 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Open date takes Western to OT but the 'cat prevail 3-0.

UTC @ the Citadel - The bulldogs would get a better game from Trident Technical College. Citdog celebrates a 42-0 win.

Elon keeps it close for one half, but the hillbillies pull away for a 56-35 win.

Wofford @ Samford. The T-dog offense gets rolling again 42-31

GSU @ Furman. At this point, this game is the only game of the whole year that will matter to bird fans. The egg-layers pull the upset 43-42 (winning with a two-point conversion in the second overtime)

My gosh, I agree with everything you said. Very reasonable analysis, atleast in my eyes, and no i am not blind !!

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
UTC @ The Citadel: Both teams looking to 2009. The Citadel has homefield and I bet will want to avoid this embarrassment. 34-27

Elon @ App: I haven't really been on the Elon bandwagon yet. The two top 10 teams they played absolutely thrashed them this season. App 45- Elon 24.

Wofford @ Samford: Wouldn't be shocked to see an upset here. Samford matches up well in this game. Wofford 28- Samford 23

GSU @ Furman: Eagles struggle in Greenville when they are good. Furman needs this game worse than does GSU. Furman 34- GSU 24.

beauvighn
November 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
The Citadel runs over UTC 42-14 bring the Sheetdog out of depression

App. gets bored by the 4th quarter. Beats Elon 35-17

Furman beats GSU like the old days...24-21

Wofford's defense gets a butt chewing this week. Beats Sammy 35-14

ericsaid
November 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
App-52 Elon-24
Samford-31 Wofford-28
GSU-31 Furman-30
El Cit-41 UTC-7

PaladinFan
November 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
The Citadel runs over UTC 42-14 bring the Sheetdog out of depression

App. gets bored by the 4th quarter. Beats Elon 35-17

Furman beats GSU like the old days...24-21

Wofford's defense gets a butt chewing this week. Beats Sammy 35-14

Citadel needs to win a game before getting their "THE" back.

Woof
November 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
That 49-7 game was pretty vanilla. It could have been worse. I don't think Coach Moore wanted to put the Beat Down on a wounded dog.

Coach Moore is not the type coach to beat somebody when they are down like this.

Seriously ? xoopsx Then why did he go for it late in the 4th quarter on 4th down against our wounded pups when you are up 63-24 ? I know, I know...it's your job to score and our job to stop you xblahblahx xblahblahx and he was just getting some valuable reps for your 2nd team, right xrolleyesx xshakingmadx

ElonPride
November 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Elon also beat Furman by a wider margin than App xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
November 10th, 2008, 08:37 AM
app sure is getting a lot of love against elon in this thread... should be interesting...

asucrutch23
November 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Seriously ? xoopsx Then why did he go for it late in the 4th quarter on 4th down against our wounded pups when you are up 63-24 ? I know, I know...it's your job to score and our job to stop you xblahblahx xblahblahx and he was just getting some valuable reps for your 2nd team, right xrolleyesx xshakingmadx

Give it a rest. Take it out on App next year in Sparkle City xrolleyesx

HiHiYikas
November 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wounded? December 31 hurt, I'm sure, but I'm not sure you want to compare scars with UTC right now. I never really thought of Wofford as a cellar-dwelling train wreck of a team with a lame-duck head coach, but if you say so.

Honestly, if you can't see how reps against top-15 Wofford are more valuable than reps against a hapless UTC, well you need to get to know your Terriers a little better. They're actually a very good team.

ASU88
November 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
UTC @ The Citadel: UTC is done. 41-10

Elon @ App: Elon has the talent to hang around, but I think they'd need to play mistake-free ball with App St hitting on all cylinders right now. I'll take my Mountaineers, 42-31.

Wofford @ Samford: Samford is feeling it about now. Should be a good game. I'll still take Wofford in a close one. 24-17.

GSU @ Furman: Furman in a close one, simply because this seems to be the year GSU loses close games. 27-24 Furman.

Woof
November 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Wounded? December 31 hurt, I'm sure, but I'm not sure you want to compare scars with UTC right now. I never really thought of Wofford as a cellar-dwelling train wreck of a team with a lame-duck head coach, but if you say so.

Honestly, if you can't see how reps against top-15 Wofford are more valuable than reps against a hapless UTC, well you need to get to know your Terriers a little better. They're actually a very good team.

My bad, I forgot reading comprehension was an elective at ASU xrulesx The only thing I took issue with was his statement (xreadx in bold) that Moore would not kick someone when they were down...which we clearly were that night (down 40 with less than 6 minutes to play).... Never said anything negative about my team. No worries though, we took our licks and if I know anything about our boys and our coach, we are anxious to get another shot at you in the playoffs.xthumbsupx

Mntneer
November 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Give it a rest already. You guys were the #3 team at the time. That's just a wee bit better off than a 1-9 Chatty team with a lame duck coach, don't ya think? xrolleyesx

HiHiYikas
November 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
My bad, I forgot reading comprehension was an elective at ASU xrulesx The only thing I took issue with was his statement (xreadx in bold) that Moore would not kick someone when they were down...which we clearly were that night (down 40 with less than 6 minutes to play).... Never said anything negative about my team. No worries though, we took our licks and if I know anything about our boys and our coach, we are anxious to get another shot at you in the playoffs.xthumbsupx
That's the spirit...and you're certainly playoff bound. There's no doubt about that.

It's a pretty simple dichotomy, really - either you're a solid, playoff-quality team with a better conference record than last season, or you're the kind of team that clings to an also-ran type of self-pity following a conference loss.

Wofford definitely isn't the latter, and the difference between Wofford's "down" and UTC's "down" is that Wofford has the capability to adapt, to bounce back this very season.

Rekdiver
November 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Well from what I hear the ASPCA is looking at legal remedies to the extreme abuse of said canines.

Coach Moore sent a message to Wofford and the rest of the SoCon. We are in the playoff stretch, playing for homefield advantage.

Black Saturday
November 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Tickets are still available.

Elon has the second best defense statistically in the SoCon, not sure ASU will score 45.

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?sponsorID=1466

Saint, If the weather permits, APP will get 40+ because it may be needed to win. At this point in the season with the emergence of all facets of the offense, very, very few teams can hold APP under 40 if the game dictates it.

ericsaid
November 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Has anyone seen App's pass effienciency defense rating, its around 98 I believe which is spectacular and they have the interception leader of the country.

App's defense is playing pretty great right now especially against the pass.

App 52
Elon 24

PaladinFan
November 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Saint, If the weather permits, APP will get 40+ because it may be needed to win. At this point in the season with the emergence of all facets of the offense, very, very few teams can hold APP under 40 if the game dictates it.

I want a re-do!!!!

Eaglesrus
November 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
UTC @ The Citadel: UTC is done. 41-10

Elon @ App: Elon has the talent to hang around, but I think they'd need to play mistake-free ball with App St hitting on all cylinders right now. I'll take my Mountaineers, 42-31.

Wofford @ Samford: Samford is feeling it about now. Should be a good game. I'll still take Wofford in a close one. 24-17.

GSU @ Furman: Furman in a close one, simply because this seems to be the year GSU loses close games. 27-24 Furman.

Actually we have won close ones and lost close ones, and then there was Saturday :(

WOCO
November 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Elon App- AE is really starting to play at an entirely different level. If he is on his game, noone in fcs can stop him.

GSU Furman-GSU is a good team, but their moral has to be really low. The paladins have a lot to fight for and that is going to take them over the top. It will be a fight and a close game but Barney wins

UTC Citadel-UTC is a dead man walking. The just want the season to be over.

Wofford Samford-Wofford will win this one big. Wofford couldn't stop a passing team if their life depended on it, but you cant run the ball on them unless wofford is selling out to defend the pass.

ElonPride
November 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Has anyone seen App's pass effienciency defense rating, its around 98 I believe which is spectacular and they have the interception leader of the country.

App's defense is playing pretty great right now especially against the pass.

App 52
Elon 24

That's how Elon beat Furman, 231 rushing yards to thier 72. That's probably how Elon will hang in there for a while.....seeing that App is giving up 175 yards on the ground per game (6th in the conference).

terrierbob
November 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM

UTC is hungry for a respectable football team and Coach Moore is not the type coach to beat somebody when they are down like this. I give credit to the Mocs. They never gave up and they have a lot of quality young men on that team, but for now it is just not working for them.

Really?xcoolx

terrierbob
November 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
That's how Elon beat Furman, 231 rushing yards to thier 72. That's probably how Elon will hang in there for a while.....seeing that App is giving up 175 yards on the ground per game (6th in the conference).

Average out Wofford's run yardage-whattaya get?

ericsaid
November 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Seeing how most of those yards came against them via LSU and Wofford, that average is a bit skewed my friend.

Laserlips
November 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Elon

GSU Furman-GSU is a good team, but their moral has to be really low. The paladins have a lot to fight for and that is going to take them over the top. It will be a fight and a close game but Barney wins

WOCO:

Yep, the morals of some of our GSU players has been questionable, but Coach Hatcher puts those folks on the Greyhound as soon as he sniffs them out.

Team morale sucks too...xnodx

Jesse

matfu
November 10th, 2008, 06:26 PM
WOCO:

Yep, the morals of some of our GSU players has been questionable, but Coach Hatcher puts those folks on the Greyhound as soon as he sniffs them out.

Team morale sucks too...xnodx

Jesse

didn't 3 freshman get kicked off ga southern recently. maybe it was due to low morals, poor character etc...lol

bobbythekidd
November 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
didn't 3 freshman get kicked off ga southern recently. maybe it was due to low morals, poor character etc...lol
It was due to them not wanting to do what it takes to play football for GSU. Coach said, "Do" and they didn't. Simple as that.

Laserlips
November 10th, 2008, 07:23 PM

matfu:

Honestly my understanding is that the three freshmen kicked off the team were all roommates and had "attitude problems"..

Coach Hatcher generally does not explain why he makes decisions regarding discipline of his players, but for what it's worth he did say in a press conference that these three simply were not exhibiting the "BIG TEAM, little me" attitude that is a GSU tradition.xnonox

His explanation led most of us to believe that these three highly recruited freshmen were lacking in understanding the concept of "TEAM", and were cancers that needed to be removed before their bad attitudes affected other team members.

I'm happy to say that from what I've read on the GSU forum and elsewhere it's seems Coach Hatcher's zero tolerance for those players who deliberately break the rules, either on the field or in the classroom, or simply cannot conform and embrace team rules, has been fully supported by the great majority of GSU fans..xthumbsupx

Hopefully once Coach Hatchers reputation for being serious about such things becomes common knowledge his serious attitude to such things will pay dividends and reduce the potential for such problems in future years with new players.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

AshevilleApp
November 10th, 2008, 07:29 PM
App is giving up 168.5 ypg on the ground....but only 17 rushing TDs. Red Zone D.

Last year's squad coughed up 193 ypg and 29 rushing tds

beauvighn
November 10th, 2008, 07:46 PM
matfu:

Honestly my understanding is that the three freshmen kicked off the team were all roommates and had "attitude problems"..

Coach Hatcher generally does not explain why he makes decisions regarding discipline of his players, but for what it's worth he did say in a press conference that these three simply were not exhibiting the "BIG TEAM, little me" attitude that is a GSU tradition.xnonox

His explanation led most of us to believe that these three highly recruited freshmen were lacking in understanding the concept of "TEAM", and were cancers that needed to be removed before their bad attitudes affected other team members.

I'm happy to say that from what I've read on the GSU forum and elsewhere it's seems Coach Hatcher's zero tolerance for those players who deliberately break the rules, either on the field or in the classroom, or simply cannot conform and embrace team rules, has been fully supported by the great majority of GSU fans..xthumbsupx

Hopefully once Coach Hatchers reputation for being serious about such things becomes common knowledge his serious attitude to such things will pay dividends and reduce the potential for such problems in future years with new players.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Good job for Coach Hatcher. These three would have probably caused more problems in the future than they would have been worth. Now, I wonder where these guys might land....xeyebrowx

PaladinFan
November 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM

....and a plethora of Furman turnovers.

straightshooter
November 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
It's too bad, because all three of those guys were talented, especially the Watts kid. Not many 6', 200 lb receivers out there who can run 4.4 in the 40 and 10.6 in the 100 meters. He'll probably land somewhere in DII, and be a star.

I applaud Hatcher's decisions on these kinds of things. He's trying to get the GSU program back on top, and it's his way or no way. Fortunately his way is the right way.

gofurman
November 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
UTC @ The Citadel: Both teams looking to 2009. The Citadel has homefield and I bet will want to avoid this embarrassment. 34-27

Elon @ App: I haven't really been on the Elon bandwagon yet. The two top 10 teams they played absolutely thrashed them this season. App 45- Elon 24.

Wofford @ Samford: Wouldn't be shocked to see an upset here. Samford matches up well in this game. Wofford 28- Samford 23

GSU @ Furman: Eagles struggle in Greenville when they are good. Furman needs this game worse than does GSU. Furman 34- GSU 24.

I disagree a little here on Samford matching up well with Woff. The best team to play WC would be a great run D that is very disciplined - that may be Samford... AND a great PASSING O - that is not what Samford wants to do.. They would much prefer to run 1st. WOff would far prefer a run-first Samford than an air it out team... App deep passes / Citadel passes to Andre Roberts against the soft zone are what has put the hurt on Woff..

I think both defenses are loving the O that is coming at them this week -> Great run O vs great run D.

beauvighn
November 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think both defenses are loving the O that is coming at them this week -> Great run O vs great run D.

The Samford Def. Coord. might disagree with you on that one.xnodx

The Cats
November 15th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Elon at asu - asu

GSU at Furman- Furman

Wofford at Samford-Wofford

UTC at The Citadel- The Citadel

xrulesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Wofford barely beats Samford in a DogFight
Ashbirds upset the apples
GSU avenges SoCon championship that slipped away on a missed 32 yard field goal
UTC gets blown out again

elon77
November 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Wofford barely beats Samford in a DogFight
Ashbirds upset the apples
GSU avenges SoCon championship that slipped away on a missed 32 yard field goal
UTC gets blown out again

I like your thinking.xnodx

The Cats
November 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I like your thinking.xnodx

It's only wishful thinking.......xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 09:29 AM
It's only wishful thinking.......xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Let's compare App and Elon's common opponents

App result/ Elon result

Presbyterian (+44, +54) Elon advantage
Georgia Southern (+1, +2) very slight Elon advantage
Furman (+21, +12) Elon advantage
Samford (+11, +6) slight App. advantage
The Citadel (+26, +4) App. advantage, but worth noting Elon played in Charleston
Chattanooga (+42, +35) slight App. advantage
Wofford (+46, -35) Huge App advantage

It's not that much of a stretch to say they can win in Boone. xnonox

elon77
November 15th, 2008, 09:45 AM

App result/ Elon result

The Citadel (+26, +4) App. advantage, but worth noting Elon played in Charleston

Man, I really like your thinking.xbeerchugx

appstate38
November 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM

App result/ Elon result

Unless Jayson Foster aka Superman is suiting up for the Phoenix, I still like our chances for a big win. There is a reason we have only lost once in the past few years.

theasushow
November 15th, 2008, 10:50 AM

App result/ Elon result

Lets see, if you add and subtract all those advantages up, APP has beaten the common opponents by a total of 94 points (there is an 81 point swing for the wofford game.) and 94 divided by 7=13.4. which means on average asu has beaten the same opponents as elon by almost 2 full touchdowns a game more than elon. xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Lets see, if you add and subtract all those advantages up, APP has beaten the common opponents by a total of 94 points (there is an 81 point swing for the wofford game.) and 94 divided by 7=13.4. which means on average asu has beaten the same opponents as elon by almost 2 full touchdowns a game more than elon. xnodx

And what is it if you throw out Wofford? xrulesx

the total is 14 which comes down to 2 points per game
You guys lost the Wofford intensity last week. If you hadn't, you would have had the lead 49-0 at halftime.

theasushow
November 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Im sure it is much smaller, probably about even, there is no denying that that skews the result. However, i think we were all shocked to see that final score and expected elon to put up more of a fight than that. So ofcourse I could go the route of "since wofford beat elon by 35 and app beat wofford by 46 then....app should beat elon by the end of the first quarter"....but i wont go there, i think elon will play a good game today but will come up short, its senior day at the rock.

so while the wofford games skews the results, you cant just throw it out, it was a huge game magnitude wise.

theasushow
November 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Hey if losing momentum means outscoring the last 2 opponents 119-31 then ill take it, i think app's performance today will be a better indication of rather or not they have peaked, so ill reserve my final judgment for after i see the final score.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hey if losing momentum means outscoring the last 2 opponents 119-31 then ill take it, i think app's performance today will be a better indication of rather or not they have peaked, so ill reserve my final judgment for after i see the final score.

Didn't say you guys lost momentum, just that the Dr. Bruce Banner transformation that App. seemed to have at the Wofford game wore off. If App. plays like that the rest of the season, then no one in the country will come within 20 of you guys. And I think you'd agree with me on that one.