PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticing B-CC??

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
They have a pretty poor OOC schedule, and their two losses came to Delaware State and this year's probable champ, South Carolina State. But if they win out, at 9-2, where do they fall in the at-large mix?

Villanova
UNI/SIU
Richmond/W&M
Montana
Elon
Wofford
New Hampshire/Maine
Cal Poly

... then

Lafayette?
Liberty?
Tennessee State?
PV A&M?

Are they in line after these four? I know it's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

B&G
November 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Gotta say they have about .01% chance of making the playoffs. There are too many schools with viable resumes out there for the committee to even consider the #2 team in the MEAC this season.

Syntax Error
November 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
it is BCU :p

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
They have a pretty poor OOC schedule, and their two losses came to Delaware State and this year's probable champ, South Carolina State. But if they win out, at 9-2, where do they fall in the at-large mix?

Villanova
UNI/SIU
Richmond/W&M
Montana
Elon
Wofford
New Hampshire/Maine
Cal Poly

... then

Lafayette?
Liberty?
Tennessee State?
PV A&M?

Are they in line after these four? I know it's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

You gotta beat somebody, if they beat FAMU than maybe a case could be made. Your also leaving SDSU out, if they win out they'll get in. 8-4 record, 8 DI wins, 7-1 in league play, 5-0 finish. They have two tough road with games at SIU and NDSU left, but if they both I just don't see how they don't get in.

blackcaesar3k5
November 9th, 2008, 01:40 AM
BCC are going lose to Rattlers..

Big Dawg
November 9th, 2008, 01:47 AM
We will not lose to BCU in the Florida Classic...I'm calling that right now.

However, I tried to tell people BCU was gonna surprise some people this year.

danefan
November 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM
If we're considering BCU at 9-2 then we should be considering Albany at 8-3.

I'd take Albany's 8-3 over BCU at 9-2.
Albany has a win over a CAA team and its "bad" loss is to Delaware. And I'd love to have the Del State versus Delaware argument for which is better.

Neither have a real shot, but if you're considering an at-large from the MEAC then you have to consider Albany also.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Didn't DelSt lose to WSSU?

The Hornets losses as of late can not be helping the chances of BCC. Too much parity and some not so good losses by the MEAC outside of the top teams in the MEAC is hurting them a bit.

DSUrocks07
November 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
If we're considering BCU at 9-2 then we should be considering Albany at 8-3.

I'd take Albany's 8-3 over BCU at 9-2.
Albany has a win over a CAA team and its "bad" loss is to Delaware. And I'd love to have the Del State versus Delaware argument for which is better.

Neither have a real shot, but if you're considering an at-large from the MEAC then you have to consider Albany also.

I would love to have that argument also, but you already know where I stand on that xpeacex

DSUrocks07
November 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM
The MEAC has a pretty poor OOC schedule...

Thats all you had to say...:(

Outside of the SWAC we haven't beaten too many OOC teams that we should have beaten when we had to opportunity. Until we can make some noise in inter-FCS play, (and getting SSU and WSSU and NCCU into the fold so they will stop eating up our OOC schedules xmadx ), the MEAC has no reason to talk about at-large bids IMO.

Oh and FAMU will win the Florida Classic this year so this question is moot.

HensRock
November 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
There is the possibility of SIX CAA teams finishing with 8-3 records or better. Only 4 will likely make the playoffs. I'd have to say a 5th or even 6th team from the CAA would have a better chance at the playoofs than B-CU (when did they change to a "U", BTW?)

That said, neither is going to happen.