PDA

View Full Version : UNI-Missouri State: No Contest

Khan4Cats
November 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM
UNI 42-0, and it wasn't that close.

Missouri State was playing without their top running backs, but UNI held the Bears to 29 yards off offense in the first half and 81 yards total. 42 of those yards were on one drive in the 4th quarter against UNI's 2nd and 3rd teamers. A drive that ended in a "pick 6" for the Panthers.

UNI gained 504 yards on the Bears and held a 39:39-20:21 Time of possession advantage. Rushing yards were 363 to 3. 25 First downs to 6.

I am not sure that UNI can do much better against Indiana State next week, but that should be just as ugly.

Mountain Panther
November 8th, 2008, 10:07 PM
You can't run on UNI. Period.

I want SIU in the second round!

ValleyChamp
November 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
This was a beatdown. I expected a halfway decent game. MSU is completely demoralized.

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
MoSt left Brookings with 11 injuries for 1st & 2nd stringers, so the UNI game results were about as expected. xsmiley_wix

Of the last three games for UNI, SUU will be the toughestxsmiley_wix but shouldn't matter for making playoffs. Would certainly knock UNI off of a seed, which UNI is right at the edge to get.

MSUBear42
November 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Basketball season, fellas... xcoffeex

I'm thinking these football woes will HAVE to end sometime soon, but it's not looking too good. We have 0 depth on our football team and these past 2 games showed it.

81 yards???

EIGHTY ONE YARDS?!?!?!?!?

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

My grandmother in a walker could go 81 yards in a game! I mean, holy crap! That's not even an entire football field!!!

We had NEGATIVE ONE (yes, -1) yard of total offense in the 3rd quarter!

What was our longest pass (minus the one long one)? I think it was 7 yards! It's hard to win any freakin football games when you're down to you're 3rd string, 5'6" RB without at least throwing the ball down the field!!!!

P
A
T
H
E
T
I
C

See ya next year, AGS.

JayJ79
November 8th, 2008, 11:43 PM
MSU only had 4 plays in Northern Iowa territory, all on the one 4th quarter drive that ended with the 75 yard INT return for a UNI TD.
Ouch.

achrist70
November 8th, 2008, 11:46 PM
UNI looked the best they have all year, they said that C Lew is back to 100% and it showed. I know Missouri States run defense is the worst in the conference, but he was making cuts, and pulling away from people like last year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately for you MSUBear42 the Bears are picked to finish last in basketball this season, but I guess Drake was picked around there last year and we all know what happened with that.