PDA

View Full Version : Prairie View A&M goes to 8-1 w/ win...

Panther88
November 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
over Alabama A&M University in Huntsville, AL today.

27-10 final. W/ the probable win over Alcorn State Univ next Sat, that'll push our record to 9-1 w/ an FCS record of 7-1. Too bad we won't get too much consideration from the FCS selection committee. :(

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
If you guys were 9-1 against Div I foes -- the committee would've showed you the time of day and been hard pressed to keep a SWAC team with such a record out (pending GPI).

7-1. Not going to cut it.

R.A.
November 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Folks keep saying that you won't get consideration... but the Panthers are the feel good story of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prairie View gets the nod as the 16th and final team.

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Folks keep saying that you won't get consideration... but the Panthers are the feel good story of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prairie View gets the nod as the 16th and final team.

R.A, there you go again! Come on my friend. PV may be the "feel good" but they are not going to 'steal' a bid from a team with a GPI that's half that of PV and all their victories were over teams with better GPIs than PV.

R.A.
November 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
The committee is CooCo for Coco Puffs at times. Never say never.

Big Dawg
November 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM

I wouldn't either. People have been asking for a SWAC team to participate in he playoffs...well, here's there chance.

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well, the way other playoff caliber teams have been crapping down their legs the last few weeks, you might just see PVAM get in.

lol "PVAM" sounds like some kind of tile or surface cleaner you'd see an infomercial for. xlolxxlolx

Syntax Error
November 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't either. People have been asking for a SWAC team to participate in he playoffs...well, here's there chance.No, I think people were asking the SWAC to participate. 0-19 is their record in the playoffs and a PVAMU team (as much as I would like them to get in) that got cremated by Grambling doesn't have a chance. Morehouse and Texas College are the OOC opponents? C'mon PVAMU, give yourself a chance with better scheduling.

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
No, I think people were asking the SWAC to participate. 0-19 is their record in the playoffs and a PVAMU team (as much as I would like them to get in) that got cremated by Grambling doesn't have a chance. Morehouse and Texas College are the OOC opponents? C'mon PVAMU, give yourself a chance with better scheduling.

They also scheduled SHSU, but that game was canceled due to a hurricane. Even a win over SHSU likely wouldn't have been enough, but who knows?

Syntax Error
November 8th, 2008, 08:19 PM
They also scheduled SHSU, but that game was canceled due to a hurricane. Even a win over SHSU likely wouldn't have been enough, but who knows?Oh yeah, forgot about that. :o That might have been a quality win.

Go...gate
November 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Their program has come a long way back, in any event. Great job.

PMB4Life
November 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
No kidding... who'd have thunk it? It's about high time PVAMU return to its former glory.

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2008, 08:42 PM
PV is definitely a story that has caught the attention, but even if they won over SHSU (who looks less than impressive), it would have done nothing for them.

Would have given them better GPI since SHSU is better in the GPI than all the SWAC schools, if I am not mistaken, but still would keep them out...

813Jag
November 8th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I think a better OOC record by the entire league would have helped PV.
I think a chance to win a league title for the first time will open the committee's eyes for next year. (since PV has to come to BR xcoolx)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Big fan of PV A&M, but I find it hard to see how they make the field of 16. UMass' loss may help, but it's just such a logjam in front of them it's hard to see. The SoCon will almost certainly have 2 at-larges, Montana is a virtual lock, the CAA will have at a bare minimum 2 and probably 3, Northern Iowa or Southern Illinois in the MVFC, Cal Poly... that leaves probably at best one slot for Lafayette, Liberty, Tennessee State, or anyone else.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM
What is PV's schedule next year?

Did they switch the home-and-home around so that SHSU goes to PV next year instead of just pushing it up? Hope so, based on our schedule the next two years.

Outside of SHSU, please tell me they got some more OOC foes from the Div I ranks.

mistersykes
November 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Congrats to PVAM on such a turnaround, but with so many deserving teams potentially getting left out of the playoffs this year combined with the not-so-great OOC schedule, I bet the committee won't give y'all much of a look. Never say never though.

Panther88
November 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'm not @ liberty to say who/what our potential schedule is @ this point. Since C'Mac's departure, no more insider 411. lol

I'll alert once I hear something credible. :)

It's a shame that the kids played the schedule they were presented and won w/ it, excepting one game. It's pretty sad they'll be punished but I do understand the nature of the beast and how rankings/SOS figures into this. The CAA is a logjam and I'm certain there's quite a few deserving teams who may be left out. :( I was actually hoping for a TxST/PVU deal. xreadx

DSUrocks07
November 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not @ liberty to say who/what our potential schedule is @ this point. Since C'Mac's departure, no more insider 411. lol

I'll alert once I hear something credible. :)

It's a shame that the kids played the schedule they were presented and won w/ it, excepting one game. It's pretty sad they'll be punished but I do understand the nature of the beast and how rankings/SOS figures into this. The CAA is a logjam and I'm certain there's quite a few deserving teams who may be left out. :( I was actually hoping for a TxST/PVU deal. xreadx

That sounds like it could be an awesome game xthumbsupx