PDA

View Full Version : Question for seasoned cold weather tailgaters:

TCisMYhero
November 8th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Question: Which bear is the best bear?
Answer: The black bear.

(Sorry, my subject line reminded me of "The Office")

Anybody know of an easy way to keep something that's supposed to be served warm other than a bunch of coffee thermos's?? I've got a gallon or two of homemade warm apple pie shots, and it's 100x better served warm.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Anybody know of an easy way to keep something that's supposed to be served warm other than a bunch of coffee thermos's?? I've got a gallon or two of homemade warm apple pie shots, and it's 100x better served warm.

Warm them up. Line a good cooler (that will seal well) with aluminum foil and store them there.

The cooler will keep the temp. hot just like it keeps ice cold. The tin foil helps a little bit too.

They also sell "hot" coolers at WalMart to keep food warm but they aren't that much different than what I told you above.

Appstate29
November 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM

dump the mix in an aluminum foil pan, cover it, and heat on the grill for a few minutes (indirect heat) and then redistribute.

appstate1998
November 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM
crank up your car and set the pies on your engine

ASU88
November 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
dump the mix in an aluminum foil pan, cover it, and heat on the grill for a few minutes (indirect heat) and then redistribute.

This is the correct answer, though I would use a pot. Piece of cake ... or pie in this case.

A nice, warm apple cinnamon cider helps on the coldest of days. One batch for the kiddies (if any) and drivers, and one for the rest (heavily spiked).

We've tailgated all day when bitter cold. Just layer up and go get it done. It's only cold for the first hour, and then again in the 2nd half of the game. xsmiley_wix

clenz
November 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM

We've tailgated all day when bitter cold. Just layer up and go get it done. It's only cold for the first hour, and then again in the 2nd half of the game. xsmiley_wixNot in the dome...:D

ASU88
November 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Not in the dome...:D

I cannot imagine ...
xlolx