PDA

View Full Version : All 3 Major Polls Side by Side

Syntax Error
November 3rd, 2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=2008-fcs-polls&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Plus the entire season archives by clicking on the poll name link. xthumbsupx

dgreco
November 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
pretty good. It gets different towards the bottom, but impressive how close all 3 are.

Green26
November 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Why is Cal Poly ranked so high?

Why is Weber not ranked higher?

Did Wofford fall so far because they got beat so badly in the last game?

Ronbo
November 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=2008-fcs-polls&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Plus the entire season archives by clicking on the poll name link. xthumbsupx

Where's the Broadcasters poll? The Radio broadcasters are very knowledgeable and credible. xrulesx

LehighFan11
November 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Coaches is a joke. W&M and Furman below McNeese?

Grizaholic17
November 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Why is Cal Poly ranked so high?

Why is Weber not ranked higher?

Did Wofford fall so far because they got beat so badly in the last game?

Weber State is a no namer that only WE are familiar with. I hope they keep it up.

Wofford got annihilated to say the least.

Cal Poly has an explosive offense and was favored in the early season. I am fine with them being there.

danefan
November 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Where's the Broadcasters poll? The Radio broadcasters are very knowledgeable and credible. xrulesx

Are you talking about the SME poll?

That's a pretty poor poll if you ask me, at least the bottom end of it.

Syntax Error
November 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Where's the Broadcasters poll? The Radio broadcasters are very knowledgeable and credible. xlolx Ever listen to homer announcers? xlolx

There are only three major FCS polls period. TSN is the poll of record, Coaches is forced upon us, AGS is the best. xtwocentsx

Syntax Error
November 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Weber State is a no namer that only WE are familiar with.Maybe because they play NO FCS OOC? Until they do then I agree with you, "only WE [Big Sky] are familiar with [WSU]." Losing to two FBS and beating two non-D-I then playing only BSC will yield those results.

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Colgate in two out of three!

Ronbo
November 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hmmm....... just got done listening to the Bobby Hauck radio show and at the end they mentioned that the Griz are ranked 5th in the TSN and Coaches polls. They didn't mention the AGS poll. Somebody better email the Montana Athletic Department and let them know that the AGS poll is a major poll.xlolx

SLO_LIFE
November 3rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Maybe because they play NO FCS OOC? Until they do then I agree with you, "only WE [Big Sky] are familiar with [WSU]." Losing to two FBS and beating two non-D-I then playing only BSC will yield those results.

I think Weber may be better than Cal Poly, but without having seen them play, I'd have to agree with your assessment 100%.

mainejeff
November 3rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Liberty and Colgate ahead of Maine is a joke.......the Coaches Poll stinks.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Coaches is a joke. W&M and Furman below McNeese?

xrolleyesx xcoffeex Typical

appstate38
November 3rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
New Hampshire is too high considering they lost to W&M and they don't play Richmond or JMU. They are still on the pretenders list. IF Villanova exposes them on Saturday then they drop like a stone in the polls.

rcny46
November 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Liberty and Colgate ahead of Maine is a joke.......the Coaches Poll stinks.

I was thinking the same thing.I'm glad to see they got some recognition in the AGS poll.

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
I'm seeing Sports Network and Coaches - what's the 3rd major poll?

In all seriousness, what constitutes "major"? A fan poll is weighted equivalent to sports writers and coaches by the playoff committee? Coaches are correct in having all 1st place votes go to JMU (since they beat ASU heads up) and sportswriters are correct in slotting Nova higher than Richmond (ditto, plus fewer losses). AGS missed the boat in both regards...

However Syntax, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an a$$ - this is a really useful link - thanks!

Hoyadestroya85
November 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
how do you justify having Richmond over Villanova.. Villanova WON THE GAME between the two

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I'm seeing Sports Network and Coaches - what's the 3rd major poll?Surely you've read this before:

"In comparison to other polls, the AGS Poll had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll than either of the other two polls (coaches and media) had on their’s since their inception four years ago. The AGS Poll also had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll make the playoffs than either of the other two polls the past four years."

The AGS Poll has clearly outperformed the others (even though they preseason vote a week or two before the season and AGS votes 3+ months before).

Limiting the coaches (?) to only about 1/4 of FCS is a problem. The AGS Poll has coaches and media, plus the most knowledgeable fans voting. No wonder it has been the best since it started.

Hoyadestroya85
November 4th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I trust no poll.. Villanova is clearly a top 5 team

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I trust no poll.. Villanova is clearly a top 5 teamVillanova is clearly a top 10 team. So is Richmond, just behind 'Nova.

Hoyadestroya85
November 4th, 2008, 02:31 AM
1 loss in the best conference in America, to the best team in America.. several quality wins.. They're being screwed at this point by the fact that they were grossly undervalued at the beginning of the season

Rob Iola
November 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Surely you've read this before:

"In comparison to other polls, the AGS Poll had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll than either of the other two polls (coaches and media) had on their’s since their inception four years ago. The AGS Poll also had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll make the playoffs than either of the other two polls the past four years."

The AGS Poll has clearly outperformed the others (even though they preseason vote a week or two before the season and AGS votes 3+ months before).

Limiting the coaches (?) to only about 1/4 of FCS is a problem. The AGS Poll has coaches and media, plus the most knowledgeable fans voting. No wonder it has been the best since it started.
Thanks! Agree about the performance, but do you know whether the committee factors AGS in? Would be kinda cool to think that in some small way my vote helps impact the at-large selections (hmm, Delaware did have that quality win over Albany and hung within 7 of Maryland...)

Oh, and please don't call me Shirley...

OhioHen
November 4th, 2008, 06:54 AM
New Hampshire is too high considering they lost to W&M and they don't play Richmond or JMU. They are still on the pretenders list. IF Villanova exposes them on Saturday then they drop like a stone in the polls.

What does who they don't play have to do with where they're ranked? xconfusedx

Is Appalachian State ranked too high because they don't play Montana or Cal Poly?

Is Cal Poly ranked too high because they don't play Richmond or Northern Iowa?

Is Montana ranked too high because they don't play James Madison or Wofford?

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

appfan2008
November 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Maybe because they play NO FCS OOC? Until they do then I agree with you, "only WE [Big Sky] are familiar with [WSU]." Losing to two FBS and beating two non-D-I then playing only BSC will yield those results.

to me that sort of scheduling doesnt warrant any position higher than they already are...

danefan
November 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks! Agree about the performance, but do you know whether the committee factors AGS in? Would be kinda cool to think that in some small way my vote helps impact the at-large selections (hmm, Delaware did have that quality win over Albany and hung within 7 of Maryland...)

Oh, and please don't call me Shirley...

if the conditional access criteria is any indication, the Committee does not consider the AGS poll at all, or at least officially.

The conditional access criteria required 16 or better average in the TSN, Coaches and modified GPI with the AGS poll removed (among others parts).

Who knows if it looked at unofficially.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
1 loss in the best conference in America, to the best team in America.. several quality wins.. They're being screwed at this point by the fact that they were grossly undervalued at the beginning of the season

Absolutely! Right now I would definitely name Villanova as a #3 or #4 seed, although i doubt it will fall that way.

JMU, ASU, Villanova, UNI/Montana (which means UNI vs. Montana would be the annual screw the 4/5 teams in round one playoff game! xrulesx xnonono2x )

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
if the conditional access criteria is any indication, the Committee does not consider the AGS poll at all, or at least officially.
The conditional access criteria required 16 or better average in the TSN, Coaches and modified GPI with the AGS poll removed (among others parts).
Who knows if it looked at unofficially.I know they do. The bridge AQ is the first time they officially looked at any polls but they look at all three major ones unofficially (and a ton of other stuff like the GPI, etc.).