18. McNeese St. 744
19. South Carolina St. 668
20. Harvard 657
21. Tennessee-Martin 452
22. Maine 310
23. South Dakota St. 279
24. Colgate 230
25. Tennessee St. 210
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Northern Arizona (53), Georgia Southern (37), Lafayette (36), Liberty (32), North Dakota St. (32), Jacksonville St. (18), Northwestern St. (15), Albany (5), Brown (5), Eastern Kentucky (5), Prairie View A&M (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Appalachian St.
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Wofford

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Weber too low
McNeese too high

Pretty good otherwise

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
No votes for Nicholls State? They have beat two teams that are ranked and played UNI & FBS Memphis.

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
No votes for Nicholls State? They have beat two teams that are ranked and played UNI & FBS Memphis.

Responded on the other thread.

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah - confusing - would help to just have one poll thread...

brownbear
November 3rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
I had 23 of 25 in my poll, had NAU and Albany instead of SDSU and Tennessee State, and pretty similar otherwise.

I'm glad Brown got some votes (though I wasn't one of them)

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM

Yeah - confusing - would help to just have one poll thread...

Sorry - my wireless KB is jacked up today. Thought I was posting in the main board first time.

Let me beat MplsBison to this - xspankx

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Gee, what a shocker, no votes for Dayton in an AGS poll.... xrolleyesx

Eaglegus2
November 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Western Ill is to high.

danefan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM

Doesn't mean zero votes, just less than 5.

Hard to argue that Dayton is a top25 team at this point, IMO.

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
And still ranked too high...

andy7171
November 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM

Tell us again how Duqeuene was going to shock the NEC again!

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Why do we confuse things here by opening TWO AGS Poll threads? xconfusedx xconfusedx

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Doesn't mean zero votes, just less than 5.

Hard to argue that Dayton is a top25 team at this point, IMO.

Harvard at #20? I think you can certainly make an argument for Dayton in the 20-25 range given the teams there currently, IF you are not inherently biased against the PFL.... I feel the same way about Albany. Yeah, both teams have had some bad games, but I would put either one up against any team currently in the 20 - 25 range. For the record, I had both Albany and Dayton in my top 25.

GOKATS
November 3rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Why do we confuse things here by opening TWO AGS Poll threads? xconfusedx xconfusedx

I only see one, did they get merged?

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Harvard at #20? I think you can certainly make an argument for Dayton in the 20-25 range given the teams there currently, IF you are not inherently biased against the PFL.... I feel the same way about Albany. Yeah, both teams have had some bad games, but I would put either one up against any team currently in the 20 - 25 range. For the record, I had both Albany and Dayton in my top 25.
OK, then mebbe if Dayton would actually play someone in the top 25 (like Albany has), we could see how good they are...

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I only see one, did they get merged?

One in FCS Discussion, one in AGS Poll.

GOKATS
November 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
One in FCS Discussion, one in AGS Poll.

There is every week and it's been that way for years. It always appears first on the AGS Poll followed followed shortly thereafter by a post in the FCS Discussion. Most of the discussion takes place in the FCS Discussion forum.

danefan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM

I put Harvard at 24 this week. I refuse to move them above 23.
They don't have a bad loss like Albany and Dayton do.

Dayton's loss to Duquense is worse then Albany's to Delaware. Harvard's loss to Brown isn't that bad as Brown appears to be decent as well.

Delaware - not good.
Duquesne - even worse.

danefan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
There is every week and it's been that way for years. It always appears first on the AGS Poll followed followed shortly thereafter by a post in the FCS Discussion. Most of the discussion takes place in the FCS Discussion forum.

This one is to discuss the AGS poll released. The other thread is to post ballots and discuss them.

Retro
November 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Weber too low
McNeese too high

Pretty good otherwise

Mcneese too high, but WIU not? Look at the results and tell me who should ne be ahead of Mcneese? Tenn-martin? xrolleyesx

Houndawg
November 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Western Ill is to high.

Yes, and South Dakota State a little low.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Weber too low
McNeese too high

Pretty good otherwise

xrolleyesx I see sour grapes because the Jacks are out xcoffeex

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
OK, then mebbe if Dayton would actually play someone in the top 25 (like Albany has), we could see how good they are...

Harvard? Has Harvard played a top 25 team outside of the Ivy League?

Silenoz
November 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM

The difference is people have actually been able to see Albany play good teams

dgreco
November 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM

you lost to Duquesne and they have lost to everyone in the NEC except St. Francis. Their only two wins were against SFPA and Dayton. They have lost the last 5 games(if you count bryant) to NEC teams. So by logic dayton would have an awfully hard time playing NEC teams week-in and week-out

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
you lost to Duquesne and they have lost to everyone in the NEC except St. Francis. Their only two wins were against SFPA and Dayton. They have lost the last 5 games(if you count bryant) to NEC teams. So by logic dayton would have an awfully hard time playing NEC teams week-in and week-out

Hard to argue that Duquesne is not a bad loss. Dayton did EASILY handle Robert Morris. I wonder who won the Robert Morris / Duquesne game? Who did Robert Morris beat Saturday by the way? Nice try, but what does your "logic" say now?xlolx

Dayton would certainly be in contention for the NEC championship. When you have time, maybe you should check out the results of last year's Gridiron Classic....

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
xrolleyesx I see sour grapes because the Jacks are out xcoffeex

Did I mention NAU anywhere? Projecting much? Or still bitter at the thrashing NAU put on McNeese last time we played. Or maybe the thrashing that Montana put on McNeese in 2006. Or maybe the thrashing that Eastern Washington put on McNeese in 2007. Last three times McNeese has made the playoffs, they have lost by an average score of 37-8 (twice at home).

Anovafan
November 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
I had 23 of 25 in my poll, had NAU and Albany instead of SDSU and Tennessee State, and pretty similar otherwise.

I'm glad Brown got some votes (though I wasn't one of them)

I had Bruno in my top 25, I think they are a darn good team.

I actually like the TSN poll better than the AGS poll, which is a first. How do you have Richmond above Nova? And, why does everyone have UNI that high? They haven't cracked my top 8 all season. No real statement wins that I can see.

LehighFan11
November 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25

(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
1. James Madison (90) 2585
2. Appalachian St. (13) 2499
3. Cal Poly 2320
4. Northern Iowa 2157
5. Montana 2073
6. Richmond 2002
7. Villanova 1989
8. Southern Illinois 1774
9. Weber St. (1) 1765
10. New Hampshire 1698
11. Wofford 1641
12. Elon 1515
13. Massachusetts 1350
14. William & Mary 1193
15. Furman 1062
16. Central Arkansas 823
17. Western Illinois 813
18. McNeese St. 744
19. South Carolina St. 668
20. Harvard 657
21. Tennessee-Martin 452
22. Maine 310
23. South Dakota St. 279
24. Colgate 230
25. Tennessee St. 210
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Northern Arizona (53), Georgia Southern (37), Lafayette (36), Liberty (32), North Dakota St. (32), Jacksonville St. (18), Northwestern St. (15), Albany (5), Brown (5), Eastern Kentucky (5), Prairie View A&M (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Appalachian St.
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Wofford
McNeese shouldn't be ranked. Northern Arizona and Liberty shouldn't even be considered. I had 12 teams considered for the last 9 spots, the 3 teams that I had miss were Lafayette, Tenn St, and SDSU.

LehighFan11
November 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM

Ivy has a much better reputation than PFL does. Dayton hasn't done anything worth top 25.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM

Shoulder, meet chip!xcoolx

Looks pretty good to me, all things considered.

GOKATS
November 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
This one is to discuss the AGS poll released. The other thread is to post ballots and discuss them.

Thanks, I was aware of that, but since I don't have time to consider how other posters voted and figure most could care less how I voted I stick to the Discussion forum.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
McNeese shouldn't be ranked. Northern Arizona and Liberty shouldn't even be considered. I had 12 teams considered for the last 9 spots, the 3 teams that I had miss were Lafayette, Tenn St, and SDSU.

Whoa!! I don't have an issue with not be voted in top 25, but not being considered? That is nuts.

letsgopards04
November 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM

Actually last week Lafayette was ranked.

LehighFan11
November 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Whoa!! I don't have an issue with not be voted in top 25, but not being considered? That is nuts.

0 wins vs. a team with a winning record and haven't even been on the same field as Weber or Montana.

letsgopards04
November 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hard to argue that Duquesne is not a bad loss. Dayton did EASILY handle Robert Morris. I wonder who won the Robert Morris / Duquesne game? Who did Robert Morris beat Saturday by the way? Nice try, but what does your "logic" say now?xlolx

Dayton would certainly be in contention for the NEC championship. When you have time, maybe you should check out the results of last year's Gridiron Classic....

Yes but the majority of your schedule, including yourself, is against teams that routinely play sub-D1 games. That is why you aren't considered for ranking.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
0 wins vs. a team with a winning record and haven't even been on the same field as Weber or Montana.

But Albany is a top 25 team? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Northern Colorado, Sac State, Portland State and Southern Utah would go undefeated in the NEC this year, and New Mexico Highlands would be at least .500

LehighFan11
November 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
But Albany is a top 25 team? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Northern Colorado, Sac State, Portland State and Southern Utah would go undefeated in the NEC this year, and New Mexico Highlands would be at least .500

They beat Hofstra and were competitive vs. other CAA teams.

I have no idea how good all those bottom feeders in the Big Sky is. All I see is those teams are 0-8 1-7 and get blasted by everyone they play.

Retro
November 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM

So you're saying a 5-4 South Dakota St team deserves to be ranked, but not a 5-3 Mcneese team that beat them? xrolleyesx

Maybe you should spend more time helping your team compete!xcoffeex

wkuhillhound
November 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Did I mention NAU anywhere? Projecting much? Or still bitter at the thrashing NAU put on McNeese last time we played. Or maybe the thrashing that Montana put on McNeese in 2006. Or maybe the thrashing that Eastern Washington put on McNeese in 2007. Last three times McNeese has made the playoffs, they have lost by an average score of 37-8 (twice at home).

or that 2002 outhouse spanking in Chattanooga. Revenge is a b!tch. ;)

Retro
November 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
or that 2002 outhouse spanking in Chattanooga. Revenge is a b!tch. ;)

Yes, and then instead of building on that and maintaining a consistently strong program, you get the big head and jump to FBS Bottom feeder status.. xrolleyesx

brownbear
November 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM

I actually like the TSN poll better than the AGS poll, which is a first. How do you have Richmond above Nova? And, why does everyone have UNI that high? They haven't cracked my top 8 all season. No real statement wins that I can see.

I was wondering the same thing. I have Nova at 5, Richmond at 9. A 3-loss team should not be ranked higher than a 2-loss team that beat them.

Also, I would put Brown in the top 25 too, but our big loss to URI looks worse each week.

wkuhillhound
November 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, and then instead of building on that and maintaining a consistently strong program, you get the big head and jump to FBS Bottom feeder status.. xrolleyesx

Year 2 of the transition. It will be interesting to see how they will do with the full Sun Belt schedule. I thinking that WKU will compete immediately in the conference.

BTW, we will always have the last laugh over the Cowboys. xlolx

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
They beat Hofstra and were competitive vs. other CAA teams.

I have no idea how good all those bottom feeders in the Big Sky is. All I see is those teams are 0-8 1-7 and get blasted by everyone they play.

Hofstra is a CAA bottom feeder this year - not a good team.
Albany lost 38-7 to a bad Delaware team...

Idaho State is 0-8. They suck. They would have problems winning in the PFL.

Northern Colorado is 1-7. Lost on last second plays to Texas State and UC-Davis. Worst loss (21) is to top 5 Montana.
Sac State is 4-5. Only lost to FBS Colorado State by a last second field goal.

UNCBears2010
November 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hofstra is a CAA bottom feeder this year - not a good team.
Albany lost 38-7 to a bad Delaware team...

Idaho State is 0-8. They suck. They would have problems winning in the PFL.

Northern Colorado is 1-7. Lost on last second plays to Texas State and UC-Davis. Worst loss (21) is to top 5 Montana.
Sac State is 4-5. Only lost to FBS Colorado State by a last second field goal.

We also lost in the last minute to NAU and were very much in the game at top 10 Weber State.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
We also lost in the last minute to NAU and were very much in the game at top 10 Weber State.

Yup - you guys were so close to a winning season. But at least you know you are much improved from last year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM

While I can see where 4 may be a little high for the Panthers, but only 8 might be a little bit low. They may not have a huge statement win, but they have been winning. Their only losses are to a BYU team in which they were in that game until late. And a 3 point loss at the end of the game AT SIU who is now ranked 8th. I guess handling SDSU and WIU must not count for anything either.

clenz
November 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
While I can see where 4 may be a little high for the Panthers, but only 8 might be a little bit low. They may not have a huge statement win, but they have been winning. Their only losses are to a BYU team in which they were in that game until late. And a 3 point loss at the end of the game AT SIU who is now ranked 8th. I guess handling SDSU and WIU must not count for anything either.We are UNI, we have to win by 50 every game to get any sort of respect outside of the Valley...you should know that.

Houndawg
November 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
While I can see where 4 may be a little high for the Panthers, but only 8 might be a little bit low. They may not have a huge statement win, but they have been winning. Their only losses are to a BYU team in which they were in that game until late. And a 3 point loss at the end of the game AT SIU who is now ranked 8th. I guess handling SDSU and WIU must not count for anything either.

Off topic, I don't think either UNI or SIU has peaked yet. Both are Top 10 teams in a strong year.

Retro
November 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Year 2 of the transition. It will be interesting to see how they will do with the full Sun Belt schedule. I thinking that WKU will compete immediately in the conference.

BTW, we will always have the last laugh over the Cowboys. xlolx

Not as long as you are in the SBC!xlolx

PantherRob82
November 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Off topic, I don't think either UNI or SIU has peaked yet. Both are Top 10 teams in a strong year.

UNI is looking a lot like 2005. Might be peaking at the right time. Still improving.

boonegoon
November 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
UNI is looking a lot like 2005. Might be peaking at the right time. Still improving.

That was a scary good team.

UNIFanSince1983
November 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately not quite scary good enough...

Pantherpower
November 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM

Indeed. However, we need to have our version of 2005 ASU's Hunter/Murrell (James Ruffin) ready to go for the playoff run. Ruffin's a beast.

Anovafan
November 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM

The WIU win was solid, but say we compare their resume to Villanova with a loss to WVU (who will run the table and finish in the top 15 in FBS) and a hail mary loss to #1 JMU on the last play of the game. I'm just wondering why the AGS voters have them as high as they do. Villanova's resume is the same as App St. (a FBS loss and a close loss to JMU), and everyone has them #2 or #1 after this week.

siuham
November 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
It's difficult to jump Nova above Richmond/UNI when they haven't lost recently, especially when Nova started the season ranked so low. Sorry, that's how polls work.

So many people sit here and complain about Nova being below Richmond having beaten them, but I don't see anyone complaining about UNI being above SIU when SIU won the head-to-head. WIU lost to SDSU and is above them. SIU lost to NDSU and is above them. Rinse and repeat for all those other teams with similar stories.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM

Yep, your right, we have lost the last three, and NAU was a one and done with a young QB and has NEVER returned. The flop at your house after you won in LC was just as bad as our loss (actually worse considering the team you lost to)

It seems to me you are the one who has been projecting and crying about Weber St. not being ranked in the top 5 because they spanked the Jacks and beat Montana.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I completely agree that Nova should be ranked ahead of us, but I cannot say that we are ranked way too high. Nova should be ranked ahead of Richmond too. Infact I think Richmond should maybe be ahead of us too. So I see us at about 6, but what do I know. I thought we were truly the best team in the country last year and ended up losing in the Quarterfinals of the playoffs.

I just like to not put too much stock into rankings as in the end we will get this sorted out on the field unlike the BCS.

Anovafan
November 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I completely agree that Nova should be ranked ahead of us, but I cannot say that we are ranked way too high. Nova should be ranked ahead of Richmond too. Infact I think Richmond should maybe be ahead of us too. So I see us at about 6, but what do I know. I thought we were truly the best team in the country last year and ended up losing in the Quarterfinals of the playoffs.

I just like to not put too much stock into rankings as in the end we will get this sorted out on the field unlike the BCS.

Well put. My only quibble might be the polls have a lot to do with the top 4 seeds. If Nova wins out they have as much right to claim a top 4 seed as say, App St.

DOME
November 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Seeds are nice until an NFL QB comes to your house...I don't remeber him being on the guest list for that party :(

While I think homefield advantage is nice, I think the best team still wins. I'd just like a shorter drive to the tailgate!