PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 11

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Don't like the ten, tough. :p

BTW, I take it back about last week being the worst week of the year... this one beats it.

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
I went with UNH at 'Nova. Maybe a homer pick, but it's important in the conference. I think we'll know a lot about UNH after this game and it might set up UNH for the UMass game.

Then again, I could say the same thing about Maine-UMass.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
There should be an awful lot of bubble teams rooting for Montana State. A win by the Bobcats eliminates NAU.

Same goes for an SIU win over WIU.

813Jag
November 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
One to watch PVU vs. Alabama A&M, a Panthers win keeps the drama going in the SWAC West.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm surely rooting for SIU and MSU this week.

With that said, this is the first time UNH has been on the list all season. Had to give them my vote. :)

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Villanova-UNH is a biggie for the CAA.

FCS Go!
November 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Tough pick this week. I like Maine-UMass. Elimination game for playoffs. UNH-Villanova a close second but the loser could still get in.

DOME
November 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I wanted to pick directional Illinois but I think in Carbondale thats not going to be as good as some think. I picked Maine Umass cuz I think they both could make a late run.

clenz
November 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
I wanted to pick directional Illinois but I think in Carbondale thats not going to be as good as some think. I picked Maine Umass cuz I think they both could make a late run.I went with the Illinois game just because of the conference title/playoff implications it could have.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
There are a lot of good games this week, Hen, with playoff implications.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
There should be an awful lot of bubble teams rooting for Montana State. A win by the Bobcats eliminates NAU.

Same goes for an SIU win over WIU.\

As well as a THE Citadel win over Wofford...

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
\

Wofford would only have three losses after that game, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm starting to get very concerned over a potential 8-4 SDSU team, with a pretty good resume. They could really cause problems if someone doesn't knock them off.

introvertedGSUfan
November 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
No Samford at GSU? :(

appfan2008
November 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
unh/nova for me... not a great one but best i could find on the list... major playoff implications involved...

RabidRabbit
November 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
UNH vs Nova was my choice. UNH hasn't garnered much respect, with an FBS win and only one loss (W&M) that would be expected for what may be the CAA (North) best team. Chance to see if they are a contender or a pretender. 'Nova has been a SUPER team that was a Hail Mary stop from being #1.

Directional Illinois match-up is great, and this Rabbit hopes the Leathernecks wrestle out a win in Carbondale (and softens up Southern IL for Jacks game the following week).

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
With three weeks to go, you'd hope there were more. The fact that I had to put in Yale at Brown, SacSt at UCD, Dayton at Butler... xeyebrowx xpeacex

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
\

Not gonna happen. SIU over WIU will happen and MSU has a very good shot against your Lumberjacks IMO. xpeacex

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 3rd, 2008, 11:28 AM

I agree. I picked Northwestern St @ Central Arkansas for that reason. Even if UCA is not playoff eligible, this game is huge for Northwestern St. Maine@UMass is a close second to me.

A side note - I think UNH @ Villanova will be the best quality game, but I like to pick these in terms of implications.

Grizalltheway
November 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
No Samford at GSU? :(

xlolx

brownbear
November 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Yale-Brown!!!

Nova-UNH is a bigger game, but I couldn't resist the homer pick.

dbackjon
November 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
I agree. I picked Northwestern St @ Central Arkansas for that reason. Even if UCA is not playoff eligible, this game is huge for Northwestern St. Maine@UMass is a close second to me.

I picked the Northwestern State - UCA game as well. Northwestern State wins, they are in driver's seat for auto-bid.

colgate13
November 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Complete Homer vote for me. :)

I haven't had time to follow any other teams other than my own!

ngineer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Colgate at Lehigh will have huge PL implications. An upset by Lehigh and the PL will be in full turmoil. A win by the Red Raiders, and they solidify their front runner status.

andy7171
November 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
I went with UMass/Maine, but could have easily picked UNH/Nova.

If both teams win this weekend, Morgan State/SCSU on the 15th will be HUGE.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I picked the Northwestern State - UCA game as well. Northwestern State wins, they are in driver's seat for auto-bid.

xnodx Until Nov 15th

UMass922
November 3rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
I went non-homer and voted for WIU-SIU, but the two CAA games listed are pretty huge.

th0m
November 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Tough choice, but I went with WIU-SIU.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Complete Homer vote for me. :)

I haven't had time to follow any other teams other than my own!
xconfusedx Holy crap. I thought I just saw 13. xeyebrowx

colgate13
November 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Try not to blink next time.

siuham
November 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
UNH/VU & WIU/SIU are pretty much equal to me. They both have play-off implications in a major way. For sure a play-in game for UNH/WIU and probably both the other teams involved as well.. Of course I had to pick WIU/SIU though.