PDA

View Full Version : UMass-Rhode Island images up

Umass74
November 3rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
Over on my UMass Football Blog (http://umass74.blogspot.com/) I've got a link to a 40+ Picasa Web album of the UMass-Rhody game.

Cobblestone
November 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Oh the pain, oh the agony. xnonono2x

Good job on the pictures though. xthumbsupx

dgreco
November 3rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
URI needs to repaint and clean up those old stands :D

Cobblestone
November 3rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
URI 28 Bryant 0

Umass74
November 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Actually, I thought Rhody was farther along than I thought they'd be with the switch to a passing offense.

IMHO, the loss of Joe Casey really hurt this year. With no running game, UMass just loaded up with the blitz.

I think Rizzi is a good coach and he'll get it turned around. The Rams need receivers and a transfer I-A running back :)

Cobblestone
November 3rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Actually, I thought Rhody was farther along than I thought they'd be with the switch to a passing offense.

IMHO, the loss of Joe Casey really hurt this year. With no running game, UMass just loaded up with the blitz.

I think Rizzi is a good coach and he'll get it turned around. The Rams need receivers and a transfer I-A running back :)

Ah yes, once upon a time there was a I-A transfer named James Jenkins. He now holds a bunch of URI rushing records.

Casey going down in the first game hurt tremendously. I saw him on campus the other night (I take Cobblepebble to URI for his swimming lessons) and he was working hard in the weight room. I think it's safe to say he'll be back next season. If he can regain his old form, combined with our spread offense, then we could make some noise. However, defense remains our # 1 issue. It is imperative that Rizzi and staff recruit some Defensive Backs and pass rushing DL's this off season.

Umass74
November 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Casey going down in the first game hurt tremendously. I saw him on campus the other night (I take Cobblepebble to URI for his swimming lessons) and he was working hard in the weight room. I think it's safe to say he'll be back next season. If he can regain his old form, combined with our spread offense, then we could make some noise. However, defense remains our # 1 issue. It is imperative that Rizzi and staff recruit some Defensive Backs and pass rushing DL's this off season.

Oh, that's news. I thought Casey was out of eligibility. He'll help a lot and they'll keep him in to block on passing plays too.

Still think the Rams need more speed at WR.

Ram Ball
November 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
My understanding is that Casey's intending to return next season.

Nice pics..

Cobblestone
November 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Oh, that's news. I thought Casey was out of eligibility. He'll help a lot and they'll keep him in to block on passing plays too.

Still think the Rams need more speed at WR.

I heard he petitioned for another year and go it.

Ram Ball
November 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.projo.com/uri/slideshow/2008/1102_uri/