PDA

View Full Version : Big South Predictions Nov. 8 (Now with Power Rankings)

ToTheLeft
November 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Stony Brook at Iona
Liberty at VMI
Presby at CSU
Coastal at G-W

And for some new power rankings...

1. Liberty- Yes, they lost to Presby, but they are still the dominant team in this conference.
2. Gardner-Webb- At this point, the conference is just pretty open... and bad. G-W barely beat SBU, but their tough performance against GT and their winning conference record are enough for the 2 spot.
3. CSU- It's just tough to pick anyone else here. They beat G-W and VMI... that's about all you can say about them.
4. SBU- 2-2 in conference, and almost beat G-W... that's good enough for me to put them at 4.
5. VMI- Shame they can't stay healthy, otherwise this team would probably be undefeated in league play right now. They have the offense to hang with almost anyone.
6. Presby- Sure, they beat Liberty. And maybe their new QB will bring new life to this team. But I just don't see them as all that good, which makes Liberty's loss to them that much more embarrassing.
7. Coastal- This makes me smile. :)

ToTheLeft
November 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I'll take...

SBU by 21
Liberty by 10
CSU by 14
G-W by 28

BJuice
November 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Stony Brook at Iona
Liberty at VMI
Presby at CSU
Coastal at G-W

1. Liberty- Yes, they lost to Presby, but they are still the dominant team in this conference.
2. Gardner-Webb- At this point, the conference is just pretty open... and bad. G-W barely beat SBU, but their tough performance against GT and their winning conference record are enough for the 2 spot.
3. CSU- It's just tough to pick anyone else here. They beat G-W and VMI... that's about all you can say about them.
4. SBU- 2-2 in conference, and almost beat G-W... that's good enough for me to put them at 4.
5. VMI- Shame they can't stay healthy, otherwise this team would probably be undefeated in league play right now. They have the offense to hang with almost anyone.
6. Presby- Sure, they beat Liberty. And maybe their new QB will bring new life to this team. But I just don't see them as all that good, which makes Liberty's loss to them that much more embarrassing.

Very accurate Power Rankings. I still say we should be #2, but since we are terrible on the road I can't disagree with us being #3.

SBU by 13
LU by 14.
CSU by 10.
GW by 14.

SoccerSmells
November 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
SBU by 4 or 5 TD
CSU by 10
LU by 21
CCU by 14

Hoseinexile07
November 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
PC by 10 over CSU.

kirkblitz
November 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
sbu
lib
presby
ccu or gw- can go either way but i look for a shootout xbawlingx

Seawolf97
November 2nd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Good thread and pretty accurate. We have an easy one Saturday-expect to see the bench playing alot by mid 3rd quarter.

Seawolf97
November 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Secondly -Congratulations to GWU for a great game! 67 total points and 1005 total yards between both teams Talk about offensive production or just plain bad defense maybe both. It was exciting.

CSU Girl
November 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Although I am very happy about the win, I still saw a lot of stupid mistakes, CSU now that we have good win under our belt we need to clean up our act.

Thumper250
November 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
That must've been a wild game in New York for sure. Devin Campbell sure seems to be playing great right now. Let's hope the offense for G-W continues to produce.

SBU at Iona, Wolves by at least five TD
CCU at G-W, It'll be a high scoring game. Too close to call.
VMI at LU, Flames by two touchdowns if they can get past the hangover
Presby at CSU, I'll say CSU since they're at home.

ATrain
November 3rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Stony Brook over Iona in a rout
CCU/GW too close to call
LU over VMI by 3
PC takes down CSU

gobluehose1
November 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Stony Brook at Iona
Liberty at VMI
Presby at CSU
Coastal at G-W

Stony Brook
VMI - VP Cheyney will have the keydets fired up
Presby - will only stop themselves on offense
Gardner-Webb - Coastal's defense is alnost as bad as ours

BJuice
November 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Although I am very happy about the win, I still saw a lot of stupid mistakes, CSU now that we have good win under our belt we need to clean up our act.

I agree. The potential is there and we are close. Fine tune it, put some polish on it.

I absolutely could not believe that right out of a time out where we were third short (like 1 or inches) we commit an offside penalty. This was the ninth game, no excuses.

The other thing I don't get is that third and short and fourth and short, we have our QB in the shotgun. We were able to get two or three yards running in the middle several times throughout the game. Why would you snap the ball to a shotgun position and put yourself 2 or 3 yards further back when you only need a yard or two at the most? I know we have a spread, passing, shotgun style offense, but you should at least have a short yardage package that you are confident enough to run in those situations.

Sometimes I feel like we try to overcomplicate it.

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Not a big South guy but I've seen CSU and PC playand conclude
CSU by 14

keydet71
November 6th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Liberty fans, if you are coming over the mountain to Lexington on Saturday be sure to check the VMI web site on traffic & parking. With VP Cheney, they have closed the parade ground to parking and have special requirements for access to the parade. Further, a B-2 Bomber is flying over the stadium prior to the game.....if you see any laser spotters aimed at your team suggest you evacuate immediately... :D

Seawolf97
November 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Looks like we have easiest game this weekend. Good Luck to everyone!xthumbsupx