PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 11

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Edited--Please post in other thread.

carney2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
This thread already exists, but I'll post in both locales.

FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS
Where, oh where have the Fordham Rams gone?
Where, oh where can they be?
With their dreams cut short
And their hopes in flames,
Oh, where oh where can they be?
This is Fordham’s last chance to make some noise – any noise; even a barely audible whimper. Ain’t gonna happen.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN
Our theme for this week children is unrequited love. Back in September I gave my heart to this undersized and undermanned band of Hoyas who showed just a smattering of talent, and a lot of grit, in a lost cause battle under the lights in Easton. They have repaid my devotion with a string of 6 consecutive losses and a no-show. It’s time for them to say “I love you too” by thumping on the Patriot League’s favorite piņata. Here’s hoping that Kelly has held them together through the tough times.

COLGATE @ LEHIGH
The dream sequence in the tragedy that is 2008 Lehigh football has the Colgate strength, its running game, being overwhelmed by Lehigh’s strength, its defensive front seven, as the FeatherHeads ride “all that talent” to a late season surge, a league championship and their rightful place in the playoffs. Alas, dreams are just that. After watching Colgate’s offensive line treat Lafayette’s front 7 – which is AT LEAST as good as Lehigh’s – like so many fat kittens, this is a no brainer. Here’s a post-Halloween nightmare for ya, BirdBrains: Eachus!

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
Coach Frankie T. has lost his magic
And wonders if it can be found.
Have some fun, it won’t be tragic,
The Buffalos you will pound.
If Frank is tempted to tour the semi-ambulatory wards at Easton hospital looking for a running back, he shouldn’t bother. His freshman from Lilliput High School should be able to handle this assignment.