ericsaid
November 2nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
App 48 UTC 10
Elon 31 WCU 20
Samford 28 GSU 17
Wofford 49 Cit 21

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
GSU seems to only play as hard as we need to barely beat the opponent that we have. I expect another close game and possibly OT round 5.

GSU wins 33-30 in 1 OT

If Elon was undefeated in conference play I'd give the cats a chance but Elon is going to have the pedal to the metal until the end of the season. Elon wins 34-13

Appy @ UTC? Let me think about this one for 0.0 seconds...
App wins 59-7 Mocs quit midway through the second quarter or so. ASU's backup will get some experience that will do ASU good for 2010.

Wofford and El Cid will be a lot closer than the Wofford people hope. El Cid will not quit whatever the situation is and this year's games have proven that "revenge" mentality can be a big factor in the game, and If IIRC Wofford beat The Citadel by 3 TD's last year.
Wofford wins 31-21.

Furman first string team - 6
Furman scout team attempting to run GSU's offense - 3
Take advantage of the week off, GSU is coming for you next week

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Elon 28, WCU 17

GSU 24, Samford 14

Wofford 35, The Citadel 21

ASU 42, UTC 14. Armanti 240 yds passing, 130 yds rushing.

ericsaid
November 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'd be happy with Armanti getting out of the UTC game unscuffed. I personally believe App should start Deandre and Rest Armanti a week if they could. Or maybe if they get out to a big enough lead by half time, let Deandre play the entire second half.

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'd be happy with Armanti getting out of the UTC game unscuffed. I personally believe App should start Deandre and Rest Armanti a week if they could. Or maybe if they get out to a big enough lead by half time, let Deandre play the entire second half.

That would be fine with me and I think we would win in any event, but I think he plays at least the entire first half and I expect him to have a big game. I look for him to break a long run and get over 100 yards rushing which he has only done once this season, I believe. And I think 200+ yards passing against UTC is doable for him in a half-he had over 200 in the first half against Wofford.

jus10asu
November 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
App 58 UTC 10
Elon 41 WCU 20
Samford 24 GSU 20
Wofford 48 Cit 24

jhbeagle
November 2nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
WCU-17
ELON-40

APP-56
UTC-17

SAMFORD-74
GSU-77 includes 10 OT's :-)

EL CID-10
WOFFORD-35

GATA
November 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Georgia Southern is gonna beat samford by a lot.

SoConisMyAntiDrug
November 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I highly doubt that GSU is going to beat Samford by alot.........haha

ericsaid
November 2nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Samford isn't a bad team at all, great great great run defense, but from most of the games i've heard or seen of theirs, piss poor pass defense.(apart from the three picks against FU)

introvertedGSUfan
November 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
I'm already pumped about our homecoming game this weekend. It's our last home game and, unless I make a trip to Furman, the last game I'll watch as a GSU student.

furman94
November 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Watch out GSU! Samford will be blood thirsty after being denied a W against Furman. They are capable of pulling the upset. GSU IS ON UPSET ALERT!

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
I'm already pumped about our homecoming game this weekend. It's our last home game and, unless I make a trip to Furman, the last game I'll watch as a GSU student.

Go to the Furman game. It's not a bad trip from GSU. I'm working on a streak of not missing a Furman game home or away since 2001...that includes 2 games in 01. Just goes to show you how much I hate purple ;)

PaladinFan
November 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Thank goodness Furman FINALLY has an off week.

Georgia Southern, I know the name Samford doesn't strike fear in the hearts, but take them lightly and they will beat you. They are a very good defensive football team (the best I've seen us play outside of Delaware)

GATA
November 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
I highly doubt that GSU is going to beat Samford by alot.........haha

Is that because Furman didn't?

You can take it to the bank. Samford gets blown out.

I'm not even taking Samford lightly. Samford beating GSU isn't an upset...they're better than us!

That doesn't change the fact that I think they get blown out. Nobody thought App State was gonna drop 70 on Wofford either. Sometimes crazy ***** happens and I think next week we're gonna blow out Samford.

Again...I think Samford is WAY better than I thought they would be...this is just me going out on a limb.

matfu
November 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Is that because Furman didn't?

You can take it to the bank. Samford gets blown out.

I'm not even taking Samford lightly. Samford beating GSU isn't an upset...they're better than us!

That doesn't change the fact that I think they get blown out. Nobody thought App State was gonna drop 70 on Wofford either. Sometimes crazy ***** happens and I think next week we're gonna blow out Samford.

Again...I think Samford is WAY better than I thought they would be...this is just me going out on a limb.

Give me a break...you guys know how to only play close games REGARDLESS of the competition.

HiHiYikas
November 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
In light of the ASU-UTC game, Someone starts a second installment of the "Did ASU run up the score?" thread. It closes even faster than the first.

Wofford recovers nicely, beats the Citadel by 14 or more.

Western keeps it close against Elon.

Not sure what to think about Samford-GSU. Probably GSU wins this one.

bobbythekidd
November 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
App 63 UTC 3
Elon 41 WCU 20
Samford 32 GSU 35 (5 OT)xcoolx
Wofford 49 Cit 21

appfan2008
November 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
App UTC
Elon WCU
Samford GSU
Wofford Cit

GATA
November 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Give me a break...you guys know how to only play close games REGARDLESS of the competition.

eh...Furman gets blow out too.

PhoenixSupreme
November 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
App 49--UTC 7

Elon 52--WCU 17 (Homecoming for Elon...yay!)

Samford 27--GSU 28 (I think GSU will continue the close-scoring game trend they've had this season)

Wofford 45--Citadel 23

jus10asu
November 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I donno guys I'm kinda worried about this week against the MOCKINGBIRDS. I think they're gonna have a statement game. Ahh I'm just kidding...
ASU--->xanim_chaix <---MOCS

appstate1998
November 2nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Ga Southern beats Samford in 13 overtimes 6-4 by collecting the 6th combined safety of the game

Saint3333
November 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I donno guys I'm kinda worried about this week against the MOCKINGBIRDS. I think they're gonna have a statement game. Ahh I'm just kidding...
ASU--->xanim_chaix <---MOCS

ASU @ UTC is a classic trap game. Coming off a national televised Friday night game going into a stadium with likely less than 8K in attendance playing the worst team in the SoCon right before a top 10 team. I look for ASU to come out sluggish.

ASU's last four trips to UTC
W - 56-21
L - 56-59 (Richie to Davon, but no defense)
W - 20-17
L - 27-30

ASU is only 8-7 at UTC, not sure what the problem has been over there?

PhoenixSupreme
November 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ga Southern beats Samford in 13 overtimes 6-4 by collecting the 6th combined safety of the game

Lol...somehow, I wouldn't be surprised...:D

gophoenix
November 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
ASU @ UTC is a classic trap game. Coming off a national televised Friday night game going into a stadium with likely less than 8K in attendance playing the worst team in the SoCon right before a top 10 team. I look for ASU to come out sluggish.

ASU's last four trips to UTC
W - 56-21
L - 56-59 (Richie to Davon, but no defense)
W - 20-17
L - 27-30

ASU is only 8-7 at UTC, not sure what the problem has been over there?

I think it is called irony. 3-0 for certain games there and 8-7 for the rest. :D

gophoenix
November 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
App 49--UTC 7

Elon 52--WCU 17 (Homecoming for Elon...yay!)

Samford 27--GSU 28 (I think GSU will continue the close-scoring game trend they've had this season)

Wofford 45--Citadel 23

Bold prediction. Western and Elon have always tended to play close regardless of how good or bad the teams are. Only 4 games have been decided by more than two TDs since 1968.

AppinATL
November 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
That would be fine with me and I think we would win in any event, but I think he plays at least the entire first half and I expect him to have a big game. I look for him to break a long run and get over 100 yards rushing which he has only done once this season, I believe. And I think 200+ yards passing against UTC is doable for him in a half-he had over 200 in the first half against Wofford.

Starting your #2 QB when there is nothing wrong with your #1 is the ultimate sign of disrespect for your opponent. Don't want to light a fire like that under UTC or anyone else. Armanti starts, we hopefully have the game in hand by halftime and then Deandre show what he can do in the second half.

ASU 52- UTC 14
Elon 45 - WCU 10
Wofford 35- El Cid 21
GSU 31 - Sammy 24

Furman has no turnovers v. Bye and win

whoanellie
November 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Elon 28, WCU 17

GSU 24, Samford 14

Wofford 35, The Citadel 21

ASU 42, UTC 14. Armanti 240 yds passing, 130 yds rushing.

run-it-up-pass-it up App has to try to hit 100 come on run it up you have to take no prisoners really darned if you do or not?

Boots Harvey
November 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Elon wins. Like Riddle and receiver. WR kinda "TO-like." Not a big fan of Elon coach. Hope WCU drills them, but can't see it happening.

ASU - Rolls. Let down? Well, anything is possible, but ....doubt it. Mocs are horrible. Coach is good guy...but.....that "don't" count. Admin at UTC should be ashamed of themselves. Football stadium is nice, but the rest of their facilities are below par. Even with a great town like Chatty, it's hard to recruit when the school has a poor academic reputation and the facilities are poor.

Wofford - I'm thinking blow out here. They need it. Deserve it after last week's embarrassment. They are a better team than they showed against ASU.

GSU or Samford? Seriously, who knows. Eagles should win, but.... Samford has a huge OL and can run the ball. GSU's defense has given up the world (run and pass), but has somehow "found a way" to pull out a victory or make it close. GSU has a lot of freshman and I really like their coach. GSU wins. Maybe 4 OT's this time.

LarryBoy
November 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Elon wins a close one over Western.

ASU sleepwalks past UTC by three scores.

Wofford tries too hard, plays sloppy, wins by 10.

Samford scores a late TD and correctly decides to go for 2 this time...and fail. GSU by 1.

Furman cruises past Bye for three quarters then survive a furious comeback for a one score win.

ASUG8
November 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
THE CITDOG says this........gsu with all their thugs....CONVICTED CRIMINAL QB's(HENTON) and BCS MALCONTENTS (WALKER) after 60 minutes could not defeat "a garbage program with no decent athletes" according to seantaylor, and took three overtimes to defeat the same Cadets is ACTUALLY BRAGGING! pigs ass georgia and all the 'graduates' of said diploma mill can officaly kiss his "rebel schmeckle" you walking, talking, pieces of human excement white trash sister molesting App State WANNABEES! That will be all...

Citdog
POTCSA

The Citadel 38
Wofford 24

hey mods...........nice job......y'all freaking suck.....ban me during the season? **** off! what is your major malfunction? can you not read a ****ing calender? it's the season......what the **** is your problem?

Citdog

having supper at ASUGTO's

Mntneer
November 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
No close games this week IMO.

App
Elon
Wofford
GSU

Seven Would Be Nice
November 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
No close games this week IMO.

App
Elon
Wofford
GSU

Not having a close game would break Hatcher's contract with the East Georgia Cardiac Center. He'll find a way to make it interesting when we win another close one this weekend.

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
AppinATL

Starting your #2 QB when there is nothing wrong with your #1 is the ultimate sign of disrespect for your opponent.

It was ericsaid's idea to stat with but I understand where he is coming from. Our playoff chances look pretty good right now and if we win out we will be the #2 seed. The only thing that can screw us up is if Armanti gets hurt. We could probably beat UTC with DeAndre (I've been impressed with him so far) and I think he gets lot of playing time in any event.

FWIW I think Armanti has a big game and we win by a comfortable margin.

PaladinFan
November 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
It might be an interesting week.

Wofford has to regroup against The Citadel. You know those Bulldogs are looking for that one signature win to hang their hat on in 2008.

Western has played both Furman and GSU extremely tough. Elon's a better team, but they'd best not overlook the Cats.

App State should easily defeat a down UTC team.

This Samford GSU might be an interesting matchup. I think the Bulldogs matchup rather well here.

BeauFoster
November 3rd, 2008, 06:15 AM
Does anyone know who is on SportSouth this week? I know it isn't ASU-UTC.

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Does anyone know who is on SportSouth this week? I know it isn't ASU-UTC.

It's the Citadel at Wofford.

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
App
Elon
Samford
Wofford-this one's for the decade, the anklebiters gnaw off the foot of the Bulldogs as the road to recovery begins

Eaglesrus
November 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
THE CITDOG says this........gsu with all their thugs....CONVICTED CRIMINAL QB's(HENTON) and BCS MALCONTENTS (WALKER) after 60 minutes could not defeat "a garbage program with no decent athletes" according to seantaylor, and took three overtimes to defeat the same Cadets is ACTUALLY BRAGGING! pigs ass georgia and all the 'graduates' of said diploma mill can officaly kiss his "rebel schmeckle" you walking, talking, pieces of human excement white trash sister molesting App State WANNABEES! That will be all...

Citdog
POTCSA

The Citadel 38
Wofford 24

hey mods...........nice job......y'all freaking suck.....ban me during the season? **** off! what is your major malfunction? can you not read a ****ing calender? it's the season......what the **** is your problem?

Citdog

having supper at ASUGTO's

I think that posting by proxy for a banned poster should get you banned too :)

AppStsGr8
November 3rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
App wins - big if coaches can control the "we're almighty" factor
GSU wins - not by too much though
Wofford wins - boy, I wouldn't want to be the team they play this week!
Elon wins

PhoenixPhan06
November 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
WCU 3-7 (1-5) @ Elon 7-2 (5-1): Elon gets back on track after a long bye week in front of a large homecoming crowd to stay in the hunt for the SoCon title.
Elon 42 WCU 17

ASU 7-2 (5-0) @ UTC 1-8 (0-5): I'd be surprised if the starters for ASU play much in the second half in this one.
ASU 49 UTC 10

Samford 4-4 (2-3) @ GSU 5-4 (3-3): This should be a close one, but I like the Eagles at home in overtime.
GSU 27 Sam 24 2OT

The Citadel 3-6 (1-5) @ Wofford 6-2 (4-1): The Terriers come back strong and find a little of the pride lost in the ASU game.
Woff 38 CIT 17

NashMoc
November 3rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
I can't believe you guys are even predicting the Mocs will score versus App. I don't see the Mocs offense getting any points for the second straight week. It is a disaster right now. Coach Allison will have his son Sloan tossing interceptions to App's 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half.

RazorEdge19
November 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
WCU @ Elon

The week after Coach Wagner ended 'the streak', he travels to Elon to a Phoenix team that has had a bye week to contemplate the Wofford loss. WCU is a physical squad, and may give Elon fits early on. The key to this game will be WCU's offense against Elon's defense. If they come out firing, this game could be closer then many expect.

ASU @ UTC

ASU pounded Wofford by 46. UTC got pounded by Wofford by 49. If ASU doesn't score 100, its a thing of mercy.

Samford @ GSU

Samford has played well when playing at home against SoCon teams, but how they handle the difficult stadiums of the SoCon has yet to be seen. Their first test is Paulson stadium team against a GSU team that appears to enjoy taking teams to overtime. Samford's run defense is good, but their pass defense is potentially suspect. The key here is whether or not GSU is a tired team from the 3-OT win over Citadel.

El Cid @ Wofford

The Citadel went to 3 overtimes with GSU last week, and Wofford got thrashed by ASU on national television. Citadel going on the road doesn't make things any better and Wofford will be out for blood. I expect a hard hitting game. The key here will be Wofford's defense...are they really as bad as we saw on Friday, or did we see an aberration?

AsuBucETSU34
November 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
elon 35 wcu 14
Gsu 38 Sam 24
Cit 7 Woff 42
App 100 Utc 7 lol jk App 63 Utc 7

asucrutch23
November 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM

Lol...somehow, I wouldn't be surprised...:D

I would be surprised if the score was 6-4 after six safeties. Check your math.xthumbsupx

asucrutch23
November 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Elon 35 WCCC 17
GSU 24 Samford 27
Wofford 42 The Citadel 21
App 70 Chatty 24... lol

ericsaid
November 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Elon 35 WCCC 17
GSU 24 Samford 27
Wofford 42 The Citadel 21
App 70 Chatty 24... lol

xbawlingx

DX Man
November 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Winners:

Elon
GSU
Wofford
The NCAA National Champions

boonegoon
November 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Elon
GSU
Wofford
App by a lot but UTC scores 28.

ASU88
November 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
They are a very good defensive football team (the best I've seen us play outside of Delaware)

Interesting quote, considering Furman only scored 10 against Elon and 14 against App St. Not saying your opinion is WRONG, mind you ... hey it's yours, right? But what makes you say Samford's D is so good based on the facts above?

ericsaid
November 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
App's defense will be going for a shut out in this game and I believe they very well may get it. They know UTC isn't a good team so they will set goals i'm sure of things they'd like to see happen. A shut out i'm sure is one of them.

Death Dealer
November 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Elon
Wofford
Samford
ASU

T-Dog
November 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Elon 42
WCU 24

App St 56
UTC 10

GaSo 42
Samford 36 (2 OT's)

Wofford 45
El Cit 13

Furman 14
Idle 2

Rekdiver
November 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM
All I can say is that Chatty scores more than people think cause the ASU starters won't be in there that long, Long enough to not be looking ahead to Elon.

appfan2008
November 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
All I can say is that Chatty scores more than people think cause the ASU starters won't be in there that long, Long enough to not be looking ahead to Elon.

that is right and as bad as utc has been this season (and we all know they have been very bad!) they have not been shutout... including games against FSU and oklahoma... granted they only got a safety against ou but still they werent shutout...

PaladinFan
November 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Interesting quote, considering Furman only scored 10 against Elon and 14 against App St. Not saying your opinion is WRONG, mind you ... hey it's yours, right? But what makes you say Samford's D is so good based on the facts above?

Furman did the same thing against both App and Elon. They got in the redzone and turned it over. Furman very likely should have scored 28 points on App State. I think the Paladins were in the redzone more times than Elon was and managed to lose by three touchdowns.

Yes, Furman did not score as many points in those games, but IMO that was more the result of our ineptitudes than the great play by the opponents. Not saying Elon or App aren't good defenses, though. They are. Sure, you can make the argument App/Elon "forced" the turnovers, but let's be honest. Furman has fumbled the ball a lot this season and those trends have continued against just about everyone. Furman should have put a lot more on the board against both of them.

Furman moved the ball well against ASU, especially on the ground. We scraped and clawed for every score against Samford, and that was mostly because our defense put us in great position time and again (even forced a fumble and recovered it for a touchdown). Go look at the numbers. Samford has been tough on D against every single team they've played. App/Elon can't claim the same.

gophoenix
November 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Furman did the same thing against both App and Elon. They got in the redzone and turned it over. Furman very likely should have scored 28 points on App State. I think the Paladins were in the redzone more times than Elon was and managed to lose by three touchdowns.

Yes, Furman did not score as many points in those games, but IMO that was more the result of our ineptitudes than the great play by the opponents. Not saying Elon or App aren't good defenses, though. They are. Sure, you can make the argument App/Elon "forced" the turnovers, but let's be honest. Furman has fumbled the ball a lot this season and those trends have continued against just about everyone. Furman should have put a lot more on the board against both of them.

Furman moved the ball well against ASU, especially on the ground. We scraped and clawed for every score against Samford, and that was mostly because our defense put us in great position time and again (even forced a fumble and recovered it for a touchdown). Go look at the numbers. Samford has been tough on D against every single team they've played. App/Elon can't claim the same.

Touchy are we?

Furman had two fumbles yes, but also threw two INTs, held to 72 yards rushing. So as much as I want to believe the TOs aren't forced, 99% of the time and INT is forced.

OL FU
November 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Touchy are we?

Furman had two fumbles yes, but also threw two INTs, held to 72 yards rushing. So as much as I want to believe the TOs aren't forced, 99% of the time and INT is forced.

It is always the same argument. When my team commits the turnovers they were self inflicted wounds. When your team turns the ball over, my defense played well. xnodx

Works the same no matter what the team is.xnodx xsmiley_wix

I saw a couple of self inflicted woulds during the samford game and I saw a couple where Samford knocked the Furman guy with the ball silly.

PaladinFan
November 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Touchy are we?

Not touchy at all. Fella wanted an answer to why I thought that way.

All four turnovers against Elon as well as App occurred in the opponents territory. Furman fumbled twice inside the 10 against App. Sorrells was picked off in the redzone against Elon. Again, it's no excuse, but from my seats Furman has played three defenses this season where I felt like we were lucky to gain any yards: Virginia Tech, Delaware, and Samford.

ElonPride
November 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think the Paladins were in the redzone more times than Elon was and managed to lose by three touchdowns.

No offense, but I was about to call BS on that statement, so I looked it up. Both teams were in the redzone 4 times. Only 1 Furman turnover occured in the redzone, and that was an INT. Elon convereted all redzone possesions into points, while Furman converted on 2.

gophoenix
November 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Not touchy at all. Fella wanted an answer to why I thought that way.

All four turnovers against Elon as well as App occurred in the opponents territory. Furman fumbled twice inside the 10 against App. Sorrells was picked off in the redzone against Elon. Again, it's no excuse, but from my seats Furman has played three defenses this season where I felt like we were lucky to gain any yards: Virginia Tech, Delaware, and Samford.

I'll agree that Samford's defense is pretty good. They impressed me as a team.

SideLine Shooter
November 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Georgia Southern is gonna beat samford by a lot.

How many points are you giving and for HOW MUCH?xnodx

SideLine Shooter
November 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
App's defense will be going for a shut out in this game and I believe they very well may get it. They know UTC isn't a good team so they will set goals i'm sure of things they'd like to see happen. A shut out i'm sure is one of them.

A lot of that depends how many times we kick off to them. (Special Teams).

appmaj
November 7th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Elon 48
WCU 10

App St 62
UTC 21

GaSo 32
Samford 35

Wofford 36
The Citadel 10

asucrutch23
November 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
A lot of that depends how many times we kick off to them. (Special Teams).

Ain't that the truth...xnonono2x xnonono2x

As a side note, why is Armanti right-handed in your avatar, Shooter?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now, he's rolling right or running. Left hand is on the laces.

AppChicago
November 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Elon 43
Western 14

App St 49
'Nooga 10

GA Southern 35
Samford 21

Wofford 28
El Cid 14

appstate38
November 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Elon 43
Western 14

App St 49
'Nooga 10

GA Southern 35
Samford 21

Wofford 28
El Cid 14

Halfime score.

AppChicago
November 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Halfime score.

Heh. I think we'll take it a little easier this week.