FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS
12:30 PM

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
1:00 PM

Looks like a pretty straight forward week. Fordham might be able to put some points on Holy Cross but i can't see them being able to do enough to pull an upset on the road.

carney2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS
Where, oh where have the Fordham Rams gone?
Where, oh where can they be?
With their dreams cut short
And their hopes in flames,
Oh, where oh where can they be?
This is Fordham’s last chance to make some noise – any noise; even a barely audible whimper. Ain’t gonna happen.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN
Our theme for this week children is unrequited love. Back in September I gave my heart to this undersized and undermanned band of Hoyas who showed just a smattering of talent, and a lot of grit, in a lost cause battle under the lights in Easton. They have repaid my devotion with a string of 6 consecutive losses and a no-show. It’s time for them to say “I love you too” by thumping on the Patriot League’s favorite piñata. Here’s hoping that Kelly has held them together through the tough times.

COLGATE @ LEHIGH
The dream sequence in the tragedy that is 2008 Lehigh football has the Colgate strength, its running game, being overwhelmed by Lehigh’s strength, its defensive front seven, as the FeatherHeads ride “all that talent” to a late season surge, a league championship and their rightful place in the playoffs. Alas, dreams are just that. After watching Colgate’s offensive line treat Lafayette’s front 7 – which is AT LEAST as good as Lehigh’s – like so many fat kittens, this is a no brainer. Here’s a post-Halloween nightmare for ya, BirdBrains: Eachus!

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
Coach Frankie T. has lost his magic
And wonders if it can be found.
Have some fun, it won’t be tragic,
The Buffalos you will pound.
If Frank is tempted to tour the semi-ambulatory wards at Easton hospital looking for a running back, he shouldn’t bother. His freshman from Lilliput High School should be able to handle this assignment.

LeopardFan04
November 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Crusaders
Hoyas
Raiders
Leopards

ngineer
November 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
The clash of the top Jesuit schools in FCS. Rams will want to make statement, but the Crusaders are in no mood for communion. 'Red' Skelton may give Father Domenic a scare, but purple cassocks will leave smiling, 38-31.

Hoyas get to 'rock' at last and will move the ball at will against the Redd Foxxes, no joke. Georgetown 31-17.

Leopards licking wounds could get buffaloed in Lewisburg. Bison have some weapons and quickness that initially caused Colgate problems. Can Lafayette 'get over it' and focus on the job at hand. Another classic nailbiter between these two, with the 'pards eeking out win, 24-21.

Redemption time for the boys in Brown. Lehigh defense believes to 'eachus own' and the Raiders don't go 'scott free' into the endzone. Mountain Hawks' hopes for winning season on the line with a good Parent's Day crowd urging them on, find inspiration in 'coen for gold' to pull off the year's shocker, 28-24. Yes, I'll have what he's smokin', too.:D But I can't go against my boys on this one, and believe they can pull it off.

letsgopards04
November 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
November 8

FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL

DFW HOYA
November 3rd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hoyas get to 'rock' at last and will move the ball at will against the Redd Foxxes, no joke. Georgetown 31-17.

I appreciate the optimism, but bear in mind that Georgetown's four wins over its last three seasons have come by margins of 7, 3, 3, and 5 points. Its last double digit margin of victory was against Davidson in 2004.

Fordham
November 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
November 8

FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL

I'll have what he's having.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
I appreciate the optimism, but bear in mind that Georgetown's four wins over its last three seasons have come by margins of 7, 3, 3, and 5 points. Its last double digit margin of victory was against Davidson in 2004.

To quote Joe Biden, "Mark my words..." :D I was impressed with your team speed. I don't see Marist staying with you.

RichH2
November 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
While Lafayette's front 7 is good they were, if not dominated by Gate's OL, beaten by them. Having seen both LU's and LC's , Lehigh's is better and deeper by just a bit. I hope that little bit will be enough against Colgate. We should be able to score points on Gate, question is whether we can stop Gate's run attack enuf to get the ball

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think this will be the only time in my life to desperately want Lehigh to win a game...

TheValleyRaider
November 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Last week, I pulled off an undefeated Saturday (4-0) for the first time all year to push my overall record to 32-13. I am also 9-2 in picking PL contests

Fordham at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders continue on the outskirts of the Patriot League's top teams, biding their time until they face the other two mostly agreed-upon big boys for this season. In the meantime, a bit of home revenge for losing last year's title comes onto their plate

Marist at Georgetown Georgetown Yes I'm picking the Hoyas. G'town has shown sparks at times, plus getting the PL's designated whipping boy should be enough of a boost for Hoya victory #2 on the season

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate The Raiders seem to be in the driver's seat for the title, with a showdown against HC looming in the future. It is, of course, never that simple, as there is nothing simple about a trip into Bethlehem, even to face a down Lehigh team. Still, the defense continues to improve, and the offense keeps rolling along, and the Raiders win at Goodman for the first time since 2002

Lafayette at Bucknell Lafayette At the beginning of the season, I predicted Bucknell would be able to jump up and ruin a title contender's season. I certainly still think there is talent, and upset ability on the Bison, and the Leopards are their last, best hope for doing so. But I don't really think the Bison are strong enough defensively to hold back Lafayette enough. Leopards stay alive in the title race for the timebeing

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Holy Cross 38 Fordham 27: Holy Cross's offense continues to roll on and make up for their defensive problems. Fordham doesn't have the defense to keep the Crusaders under wraps.

Lafayette 45 Bucknell 17: Bucknell can't stop anyone, giving up 31 ppg, and one figures the Pards want to take out their anger. Even a depleted LC team is too much for the Bison.

Georgtown 21 Marist 17: Arguably the hardest game of the week to pick. These are two of the worst teams in FCS but i hope the worst in the PL isn't as bad as one of the worst in PFL.

Colgate 27 Lehigh 20: I picked Colgate at the beginning of the year to win the PL at 6-0. I'm sticking by what i thought from the start. Lehigh has the chance on defense to keep Eachus Co. under wraps, i.e under 150 yards rushing but i don't see the Hawk offense coming up with enough plays on offense to win the game. A few too many short fields for Colgate does in Lehigh.

Overall Record: 37-9 xnodx

ColgateTD
November 5th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Holy Cross - air game too much for Rams
Georgetown - doing this for DFW, and believe they can actually win
Colgate - Sullivan/Eachus/Scott/Simonds attack too much for Enginhawksxwhistlex
Lafayette - if they run Russo, no problem with Bisons

LehighFan11
November 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Weak participation so far....

Holy Cross by 14
Gtown by 3
Colgate by 7
Lafayette by 6

LUHawker
November 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Here goes :

Upset of the week:

Fordham over Holy Cross - Yes, you read that correctly. Fordham isn't as bad as its 0-3 against Colgate, Lehigh and Lafayette and while HC has been impressive at times, I think Fordham finds a way.

Lafayette over Bucknell - Bucknell gives LC trouble, but the Pards find a way to keep their PL hopes alive.

Alternatively, Colgate puts the nail in coffin for any outside chance Lehigh had at the PL title. Colgate has been very consistent while Lehigh hasn't shown it has really "learned to win".

Marist over G'Town - G'town probably played its best quarter of football all year in the first against Lehigh last week, but that was all she wrote. Marist has played well against some PL competition while Gtown might not be able to keep it together.

So, I am the non-consensus picker in 2 of the 4 games.

LBPop
November 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Georgetown - doing this for DFW, and believe they can actually win

Yep, they can win. But they always seem to find a way not to win. They did it last year against Marist while playing with a far more experienced offense that included Houghton and two current Arena League players.

carney2
November 6th, 2008, 02:52 PM
This week's line:

HOLY CROSS 13 over Fordham

GEORGETOWN 2 1/2 over Marist

COLGATE Pick 'em with LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE 13 over BUCKNELL

LehighFan11
November 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I have no idea how Lehigh is a PK.

Lehigh74
November 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Someone out there must think that Kevin Higgins is still Lehigh's head coach.

carney2
November 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Thinking back on the past two months, I think that most of the regular Patriot League posters on this board could have had a nice second income playing against the line and these "professionals." There have been some nutzo spreads.

LehighFan11
November 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Thinking back on the past two months, I think that most of the regular Patriot League posters on this board could have had a nice second income playing against the line and these "professionals." There have been some nutzo spreads.

Funny you mention that.xsmiley_wix

hc12
November 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM
This week's line:

HOLY CROSS 13 over Fordham

GEORGETOWN 2 1/2 over Marist

COLGATE Pick 'em with LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE 13 over BUCKNELL

HC 38 fordham 28
georgetown 21 marist 17
colgate 28 lehigh 21
lafayette 35 bucknell 17

bison137
November 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
HC
Georgetown
CU
LC

RichH2
November 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Point spreads and PL football do seem a bit of a contradiction. I certainly hope that Lehigh can uphold the parity of the league by edging out Gate. Gave up trying to pick the PL last year . I just root for all of us against the OOC and for Lehigh against all of you,lol

CrusaderBob
November 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Last Week: 4 - 0
Year to date: 34 - 12

The picks:

GEORGETOWN - Bulldogs ain't fox hounds, but the Hoyas hanlde the Foxes at home.

COLGATE - Raiders-of-the-Ladies-Dorms hold up their end and head into a bye week and secretly hoping the Crusaders hold up their end over two weekend to set up a PL Championship Game in Hamilton on November 22.

LAFAYETTE - Leopards are hurting. So are the Buffaloes. Lafayette's back-ups and healthy starters are better and needs the game more.

Game of the Week

FORDHAM @ HOLY CROSS

- Holy Cross remembers last year in the Bronx cost them the PL championship.
- Defending champions come in looking for first league win. Who knew losing a punter would be so huge??
- Weather will be acceptable for Randolph and company - no wind tomorrow like that in the Bronx last year.

Fordham can't keep up on the score board. The Iron Major Cup returns to Worcester and prepares to stay for the winter.

Holy Cross.

Ken_Z
November 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM
FORDHAM 31 @ HOLY CROSS 28: Cross punished for watching the scoreboard updates from the Lehigh - Colgate game

Marist 21 @ GEORGETOWN 24: Hoyas learn DetroitFlyer's lesson first hand. if they joined the PFL they could play more games like this and increase their wins.

COLGATE 35 @ LEHIGH 21: test question for Lehigh TU Owl. finish the following phrase: one team is good, the other - not so much. one team is on a roll, the other - not so much. one team has learned how to win, the other - ___ __ ____.

LAFAYETTE 24 @ BUCKNELL 28: Bison137 has the Leopards so confused about whether Trigg can play or not that he has ruined their defensive game plan. if this one comes true, carney commits hari kari which thereafter is forever known as hari carni.

crusader11
November 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
FORDHAM 31 @ HOLY CROSS 28: Cross punished for watching the scoreboard updates from the Lehigh - Colgate game

Marist 21 @ GEORGETOWN 24: Hoyas learn DetroitFlyer's lesson first hand. if they joined the PFL they could play more games like this and increase their wins.

COLGATE 35 @ LEHIGH 21: test question for Lehigh TU Owl. finish the following phrase: one team is good, the other - not so much. one team is on a roll, the other - not so much. one team has learned how to win, the other - ___ __ ____.

LAFAYETTE 24 @ BUCKNELL 28: Bison137 has the Leopards so confused about whether Trigg can play or not that he has ruined their defensive game plan. if this one comes true, carney commits hari kari which thereafter is forever known as hari carni.

Haha, Bucknell over Lafayette and Fordham over Holy Cross. Good one.

LehighFan11
November 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Why does it matter if Colgate loses for Holy Cross? A one loss Colgate team will get the tiebreaker on Holy Cross if they beat them at the end of the season.

HoyaMetanoia
November 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
A 13-12 Hoya victory over Marist may seem like it should make Hoya fans happy, but I think it may be a crushing blow to the program, as it may inspire our AD, Bernard Muir, to re-up on Kelly, whose contract expires at the end of the year.

DFW HOYA
November 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
A 13-12 Hoya victory over Marist may seem like it should make Hoya fans happy, but I think it may be a crushing blow to the program, as it may inspire our AD, Bernard Muir, to re-up on Kelly, whose contract expires at the end of the year.

I think any such talk is very speculative, and of course no coach is re-upped for beating Marist by one point.

The larger question is how patient Georgetown will be to end 2008 with a 5-27 (1-16 PL) record after three seasons.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Another perfect week puts me at 41-9 overall!! xhurrayx xhurrayx

HoyaMetanoia
November 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I think any such talk is very speculative, and of course no coach is re-upped for beating Marist by one point.

The larger question is how patient Georgetown will be to end 2008 with a 5-27 (1-16 PL) record after three seasons.

Well I have to get it out here, it's not allowed on HoyaTalk.

And I know that to anyone with minor football knowledge you don't get re-upped for beating Marist, but to our football challenged athletic department, it is a one game improvement over last year. At this pace, that makes us 11-0 in 2017.

ngineer
November 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM
My pick of Lehigh beating Colgate was not the 'homer call' most thought. That was a most winnable game for us, up 33-21 and not holding on. Coen said when he arrived that being able to control the fourth quarter was his big goal in his plan, as it had been our achilles heel for a few years in a number of close losses...Well, four losses this year by a total of 8 points. The coaching today was abysmal. Second down and 2 at midfield needing 25 yards for a decent FG shot, and we don't bother about just trying to get the first down and an new set of downs? After today's show, I would expect that Coen will have to beat Lafayette to keep his job. A lot of football alums are steaming.

LehighFan11
November 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
My pick of Lehigh beating Colgate was not the 'homer call' most thought. That was a most winnable game for us, up 33-21 and not holding on. Coen said when he arrived that being able to control the fourth quarter was his big goal in his plan, as it had been our achilles heel for a few years in a number of close losses...Well, four losses this year by a total of 8 points. The coaching today was abysmal. Second down and 2 at midfield needing 25 yards for a decent FG shot, and we don't bother about just trying to get the first down and an new set of downs? After today's show, I would expect that Coen will have to beat Lafayette to keep his job. A lot of football alums are steaming.

Well part of the problem for Lehigh trying to hold onto the lead today was the fact that their running backs was a FB and a LB. I agree that the playcalls at mid field on 2nd and 2 were terrible. That being said, Yansane made that catch in bounds, I'll bet on it.

ngineer
November 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Well part of the problem for Lehigh trying to hold onto the lead today was the fact that their running backs was a FB and a LB. I agree that the playcalls at mid field on 2nd and 2 were terrible. That being said, Yansane made that catch in bounds, I'll bet on it.

I don't disagree. Unfortunately I don't get SE2 to see a replay. However, Sekou was very upset with the call and was being restrained at the end of the game, so I don't doubt what you're saying. Watson is a tough runner as he showed today. The OL did a good job today, and whether between the tackles or a sprint out pass option we should have been focusing on getting those two yards.

TheValleyRaider
November 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM

I don't disagree. Unfortunately I don't get SE2 to see a replay. However, Sekou was very upset with the call and was being restrained at the end of the game, so I don't doubt what you're saying. Watson is a tough runner as he showed today. The OL did a good job today, and whether between the tackles or a sprint out pass option we should have been focusing on getting those two yards.

He was out of bounds. It was close, but both feet were dragging on the white. SE2 had a great angle on the shot. Slightly related note, SE2 did a great job with the game. Great camera work, very knowledgable broadcasters, it was very enjoyable. But yeah, he was out, and Rosnick was in bounds on that drive late early in the 2nd Half