PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls Upsets #11 UCA, Second Straight Win over Ranked Team

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Four seconds left...

Tie ball game at 17...UCA had an interception called off a few plays prior...

Timeout, Colonels...

Nicholls goes for a 38 yard field goal...GOOD!

COLONELS 20-17 BEARS, FINAL

Congrats Nicholls!

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM
SLC is getting interesting...wonder if the AQ could come from a team with 3-SLC losses. It's possible, I figure...

Central Arkansas 3-1
Texas State 2-1
Northwestern State 2-1
Stephen F. Austin 2-1
Nicholls State 2-2
McNeese State 1-2
Southeastern Louisiana 1-2
Sam Houston State 0-3

BEAR
November 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
I doubt a 3 loss team will make the playoffs TT. Even if one did it wouldn't be SHSU. Why bother wasting a playoff spot on a team that has a coach that calls plays like that? xconfusedx

Looks like Texas State might be the team or one of those other 1 loss teams. xcoffeex

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
Glad UNI got passed them....

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
I doubt a 3 loss team will make the playoffs TT. Even if one did it wouldn't be SHSU. Why bother wasting a playoff spot on a team that has a coach that calls plays like that? xconfusedx

Not saying it would be SHSU. We do not have any of the tiebreakers. I just think it would be funny if everyone beats the crap out of each other and a team at 4-3 makes the playoffs...perhaps after today, I can try to see if it's possible. Not sure I have time, busy Sunday.

BEAR
November 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Since I was unable to attend the Nicholls-UCA game, I have so many questions about the game.

1. Why was UCA only able to score in the 4th quarter? Was it the Nicholls defense? Was our offense so out of sync? ..because of Nicholls defense?

2. How in the world did our defense play so well after the first 2 drives by Nicholls yet our offense stunk it up til the last minute?

3. Why did the defense give up massive yardage on the last drive by Nicholls in the final 44 seconds?

.......so many questions..so much frustration. Oh well, at least we're in first place still. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Updated standings (through two games)...

Central Arkansas 3-1
Texas State 2-1
Northwestern State 2-1
Stephen F. Austin 2-2
Nicholls State 2-2
McNeese State 1-2
Sam Houston State 1-3

BEAR
November 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Central Arkansas 3-1
Northwestern State 3-1
Texas State 2-2
Stephen F. Austin 2-2
Nicholls State 2-2
McNeese State 1-2
Sam Houston State 1-3

Next week....Northwestern at UCA...xthumbsupx

patssle
November 1st, 2008, 06:15 PM
Absolutely impossible to determine how this season is going to end in the SLC.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Central Arkansas 3-1
Northwestern State 3-1
Texas State 2-2
Stephen F. Austin 2-2
Nicholls State 2-2
McNeese State 1-2
Sam Houston State 1-3

Next week....Northwestern at UCA...xthumbsupx

please beat NWSt.

Thanks. :)

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
please beat NWSt.

Thanks. :)

I want UCA to beat NWST...don't care about the Bears. If they win the SLC, all the better...

And I want you guys to please lose to SLU! I want a complete cluster-you know what! Let's have EVERY game matter that last week of the season. xthumbsupx

Hood
November 3rd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Since I was unable to attend the Nicholls-UCA game, I have so many questions about the game.

1. Why was UCA only able to score in the 4th quarter? Was it the Nicholls defense? Was our offense so out of sync? ..because of Nicholls defense?

2. How in the world did our defense play so well after the first 2 drives by Nicholls yet our offense stunk it up til the last minute?

3. Why did the defense give up massive yardage on the last drive by Nicholls in the final 44 seconds?

.......so many questions..so much frustration. Oh well, at least we're in first place still. xthumbsupx

1. Why was UCA only able to score in the 4th quarter? I think once the 'oh crap' realization hit your team they started buckling down. Was it the Nicholls defense? It was pretty darn hot out there and UCA's offense was on the field a good bit in the fourth and NSU defense was probably worn down. Was our offense so out of sync? Brown looked terrible for 3 quarters. I know our defensive guys said they threw him a lot of different looks. ..because of Nicholls defense? Its also possible your offense just had a bad day.

2. How in the world did our defense play so well after the first 2 drives by Nicholls yet our offense stunk it up til the last minute? I hate to say it but until our offense becomes less predictable, and all of our passes stop being 'up for grabs' the Nicholls offense will have to score early and quickly and have to rest on the defense.

3. 3. Why did the defense give up massive yardage on the last drive by Nicholls in the final 44 seconds? Chris Bunch to Antonio Robinson for a long pass. Another pass play resulted in a Pass Interference. Then ran it to run some time off the clock, and kicked the FG.

UCABEARS75
November 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Both defenses played very, very well.

NSU's kicker was clutch, game over.

buckp
November 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Is this where SLC stands now(win/loss in SLC & Totals)? xconfusedx

Central Arkansas..........3-1, 7-2
Northwestern State......3-1, 6-3
McNeese State..............2-2, 5-3
Texas State...................2-2, 5-4
Stephen F. Austin..........2-2, 4-5
Nicholls State.................2-2, 2-4
Southeastern Louisiana.1-3, 4-5
Sam Houston State........1-3, 3-4

Panther-at-Arms
November 3rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
So just curious....has NSU taken out any other All-Americans with cheap shots?

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
So just curious....has NSU taken out any other All-Americans with cheap shots?

xrolleyesx Great first post!!!! Just be glad your Panthers got them on the very first game they played after the Hurricanes (and UNI had several under its belt). xcoffeex

Hood
November 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
xrolleyesx Great first post!!!! Just be glad your Panthers got them on the very first game they played after the Hurricanes (and UNI had several under its belt). xcoffeex

To be exact, UNI was our 2nd game after losing in Memphis. And we were in it until conditioning (or lack thereof) took over.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
To be exact, UNI was our 2nd game after losing in Memphis. And we were in it until conditioning (or lack thereof) took over.

I stand corrected but playing your 2nd game vs them playing their 4 or 5th was definitly a factor in the 2nd half.