PDA

View Full Version : Portland State @ Weber State

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Sorry I'm late on this. Some problems happening, but I made it.

Right now WSU up 31-7 halfway through the third but PSU is driving. PSU shut out in the first half, (WSU was ahead 24-0), but Hubel threw an INT that WSU returned for a score (2nd of the game). Hubel then threw a TD to Fry thus made the score 31-7. PSU offense has not given the defense much chance, 2 INT returned for TD's, blocked FG returned deep, botched fake punt.

PSU defense had a goal line stand in the second quarter. Smith took the ball to inside the one for a first down, then the PSU defense held WSU for a FG.

6:50 left 3rd

WSU 31
PSU 7

www.am910ktro.com

DuckDuckGriz
November 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
I really thought the Viks would move the ball much better.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM

Offense has been moving the ball, more or less (better than I thought they would against the Weber D), Just inopportune turnovers and long returns for Weber after those. Hard for the offense to play defense at times.

Native
November 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM

They are doing a pretty good job in the third quarter...

DuckDuckGriz
November 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Offense has been moving the ball, more or less (better than I thought they would against the Weber D), Just inopportune turnovers and long returns for Weber after those. Hard for the offense to play defense at times.

True. This was my upset special. I don't think anyone can deny now that Weber is here to stay.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
True. This was my upset special. I don't think anyone can deny now that Weber is here to stay.

From what I hear, Hubel is a totally different quarterback at home than on the road. Home, it seems like he can't do anything wrong, on the road, can't do anything right.

Basically the story of the year so far for the Viks.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM
End 3rd

WSU 31
PSU 7

Weber needs to get it going if they are to score 50+ this game (like most seem to think they would).

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
PSU---TD Collins 29 yd pass to Kirvin (PAT good)

10:14 left 4th

WSU 31
PSU 14

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
PSU---Ford 1 yd TD run (PAT good)

3:46 left 4th

WSU 31
PSU 21

Kavanaugh in at QB for PSU. Maybe a little too late. Onside kick coming up.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 05:04 PM
WSU drive kept alive by quesionable pass interference call. Ball landed well, WELL, out of bounds and questionable at best if it was catchable. Yet pass interference penalty keeps the ball to Weber.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Final score

WSU 31
PSU 21

I Bleed Purple
November 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
WSU drive kept alive by quesionable pass interference call. Ball landed well, WELL, out of bounds and questionable at best if it was catchable. Yet pass interference penalty keeps the ball to Weber.

It was definitely pass interference. The infraction occurred five-seven yards before the ball arrived, slowing Phillips up.

I Bleed Purple
November 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Horrible second half from Weber State. Couldn't run or pass the ball. The PSU D-Line was better than Weber's O-Line, which doesn't happen. Higgins was a little jumpy, too.

All in all, a win is a win, but not one I liked for half of it.