PDA

View Full Version : Delaware at JMU

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Watching this game on CN8 in the Philly area. JMU is up 14-0, but the game isn't that close at all.

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
BTW.. does anyone know what the story is with #89 QBing for Delaware? He's huge, looks like a converted DL or TE. This is the first game I've seen for Delaware this year.

rcny46
November 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
BTW.. does anyone know what the story is with #89 QBing for Delaware? He's huge, looks like a converted DL or TE. This is the first game I've seen for Delaware this year.

He's a tight end.They used him and a WR last week against Hofstra.

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
He's a tight end.They used him and a WR last week against Hofstra.

Is their QB situation that bad?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 1st, 2008, 03:55 PM

Yes!

ASU88
November 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM

They're missing Flacco like NC State has missed Rivers since he left.

Could feel that pain in Boone in a couple of years, though Pressley has shown some ability when he's gotten in.

93henfan
November 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM

It's not as bad as when we had a "quarterback" at quarterback.xoopsx

HighRyder08
November 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
They're missing Flacco like NC State has missed Rivers since he left.

Could feel that pain in Boone in a couple of years, though Pressley has shown some ability when he's gotten in.

We will be just fine with Dre at QB... I think last night was a great example for what is to come

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
This game is just flat out bad. JMU really isn't that good, they are a one man team in my opinion.

UNI Pike
November 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
DE is holding on like a small dog on your pant leg. No chance of winning, but DE D is about out of gas.

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM
DE is holding on like a small dog on your pant leg. No chance of winning, but DE D is about out of gas.

Yeah you're right. They're getting pounded up front. What has really drawn me back to smaller scale football (Delaware, UPenn, Nova) is the cyclical nature of it. Nobody's leaving early for the pro's in these leagues. Nova's up now, but Delaware will be back in a year or two. Great stuff, it's what college athletics SHOULD be about.

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
I knew Delaware's O was atrocious but...damn!

Aaaaaand McGee runs one back for a TD again!

34-0 JMU.

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Aaaand Delaware runs one back!

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Watching UD the last few weeks just makes me shake my head and wonder how Albany got rocked by them. Should we lose that game...yeah, 8 out of 10 times...but to get dominated?

Shaking head.

Right now, it looks like it is JMU and the Mountaineers for all the marbles...and everyone else playing catch-up.

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Backup QB in now.

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Dudzik (QB #2) connects with Charlie Newman for a TD.

41-7.

19Duke97
November 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
This game is just flat out bad. JMU really isn't that good, they are a one man team in my opinion.

Yeah you are right, we are not very good, only 8-1, with four top ten wins, beating your team 41-7. And Rodney is playing defense, returning kicks for touchdowns, he's just switching numbers off the field. xrolleyesx

JMU DUUUKES
November 1st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah you are right, we are not very good, only 8-1, with four top ten wins, beating your team 41-7. And Rodney is playing defense, returning kicks for touchdowns, he's just switching numbers off the field. xrolleyesx

You didn't notice? Rodney's actually playcalling in the booth as well. And did I hear him on 3rd trumpet in the band ? UD fans getting desperate with their insults, haha

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM
2nd team JMU recovers Delaware fumble.

JMU DUUUKES
November 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM
hahahahahahahhaahahahah

UD fumbles on the 2 , back to back fumbles in the redzone

good lord this team is awful

JMU DUUUKES
November 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Mickey is taking a knee ???

Appy State would be trying hail mary's right now in the last minutes, hahaha

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Final
41-7

ChickenMan
November 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'll be passing out the bags to any UD fan that wants one at the Towson game next week and I'll be saving an extra big one for Mr KC.

:pumpuke:

BDKJMU
November 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Watching this game on CN8 in the Philly area. JMU is up 14-0, but the game isn't that close at all.

Already a thread on this game.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50955

BDKJMU
November 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM

Yeah, well opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, well opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean any offense at all by my comment.

DE is horrible and Nova would have won last week if it wasn't for that lucky play. All I'm trying to point out is that JMU is an average team that is being carried by a great player. Take him off your team and replace him with an average QB, and where are you? Probably a middle of the road team.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM

DE is horrible and Nova would have won last week if it wasn't for that lucky play. All I'm trying to point out is that JMU is an average team that is being carried by a great player. Take him off your team and replace him with an average QB, and where are you? Probably a middle of the road team.

Oh noes! A team with a really good QB would be worse without their really good QB. JMU is obviously the only team to ever fall under this description

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Oh noes! A team with a really good QB would be worse without their really good QB. JMU is obviously the only team to ever fall under this description

Haha, I know I'm new here, but you guys are sensitive! I'll drop it, JMU is a great team.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
Haha, I know I'm new here, but you guys are sensitive! I'll drop it, JMU is a great team.

No, I'm making fun of your poorly thought out argument for calling a team overrated.

Of course a team will be worse without their star. You're part retarded if you think otherwise. A team obviously can't win without the other 84 guys on the team, and one player doesn't play every aspect of the game for a team.

Pearl of wisdom right there.

DB_Atlantic10
November 1st, 2008, 07:43 PM

DE is horrible and Nova would have won last week if it wasn't for that lucky play. All I'm trying to point out is that JMU is an average team that is being carried by a great player. Take him off your team and replace him with an average QB, and where are you? Probably a middle of the road team.What's your point.....all great teams have great players.... Just take away Montana and how many will SF win, or take away Roger Starback or Take away any of the great QBs.... what about Vince Young at Texas and Matt Liener at USC..... JMU has Landers... Look at Delaware for goodness sake. Don't you think a good QB would make that team better...... You talking down JMU because of being lead by a great QB is the very reason why your team is in shams this year....xnonono2x

jmufan999
November 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM

i'm new here too, and people do sometimes get sensitive, no doubt. but your comment was just... well, wrong.

what happens if you take Armanti away from App State? They lose more by him being gone than by us losing Landers! We still have a mammoth o-line, a nat'l defensive player of the year candidate (what's the name of that award? i forget), a host of talented RB's, and the best KR/PR in the country (i'm sure someone will debate me on that, but after FIVE total return TD's on the year, i'd like to know who's better than that). this is no disrespect to ASU at all, because the point is, they DO have AE! and he's awesome. just like we have Rodney, and he's awesome. the hypothetical "if we didn't have such-and-such a player, we'd suck"... all that stuff is meaningless.

HiHiYikas
November 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
i'm new here too, and people do sometimes get sensitive, no doubt. but your comment was just... well, wrong.

what happens if you take Armanti away from App State?...
A lot of us were asking the same thing about Richie Williams a few years ago. Losing an 'all-everything' Payton-candidate, dual-threat QB after winning the national title can be a scary thing. An awful lot of teams follow a national title with a four-loss, non-playoff kind of season. That ASU hasn't done that (yet) is an amazing thing, and it's a fun ride for fans.

Armanti answered all our Post-Richie questions, and we're sincerely hoping DeAndre Pressley will answer the next ones.

When Freshmen score 5 TD's on the #3 team in the country, you breathe a little easier.

Speaking of breathing easier, nice comfortable win over UD today.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well, I think the theoretical question above is if you take a certain player out of a team before they should be out (see: New England Patriots; Tom Brady) the team will be worse, that's obvious.

However exceptions always happen (see: New England Patriots; Drew Bledsoe-->Tom Brady) so it's a moot and/or terrible argument.

ASU88
November 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Armanti answered all our Post-Richie questions, and we're sincerely hoping DeAndre Pressley will answer the next ones.
And Trey Elder did a pretty fine job over the last two seasons as well. I don't recall us losing too many games even though AE has missed his share.

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 09:00 PM
Sorry guys, I really didn't mean to offend anyone by my post. JMU has a great team, from a-z. Enjoy the season.

HiHiYikas
November 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM

what happens if you take Armanti away from App State? They lose more by him being gone than by us losing Landers! We still have ...a nat'l defensive player of the year candidate (what's the name of that award? i forget), a host of talented RB's, and the best KR/PR in the country...
No way I'd debate about the PR/KR - I was at the JMU-ASU game, and the JMU-UR game. Scotty McGee is electrifying...

The award you're talking about is the Buck Buchannan Award, and I have to think ASU's Jacque Roman will be added to the updated list. After all, he has 19 more tackles and more TFL's than Marcus Haywood (there are 2 guys on ASU's D with more tackles than Haywood, actually). Haywood does have 2 more INTs than Roman, but Roman has more hurries, forced fumbles, and rumble recoveries than Haywood. And, as of yesterday, ASU has the FCS's top INT man in Mark LeGree.

ASU also has six guys with multiple rushing TD's. That's 4 RBs and 2 QBs.

Sorry to be 'that guy,' and hijack the thread a little. Like most teams, ASU is a diminished without their starting QB. But they're not a one-man team.

Anyway, I'll say again that JMU is a great team and looked very strong against UD today.

ChickenMan
November 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
What's your point.....all great teams have great players.... Just take away Montana and how many will SF win, or take away Roger Starback or Take away any of the great QBs.... what about Vince Young at Texas and Matt Liener at USC..... JMU has Landers... Look at Delaware for goodness sake. Don't you think a good QB would make that team better...... You talking down JMU because of being lead by a great QB is the very reason why your team is in shams this year....xnonono2x

The QB is by far the most important position in football and you can't win without decent QB play. Give JMU the Hen's current QBs and put Landers on UD and I have no doubt that Delaware would have won the game today.

That's not a shot a JMU.. it's a compliment relative to the great ability of Rodney Landers and a harsh.. but fair evaluation of UD's very subpar QB crop.

T-Dog
November 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM
The most important question is why did UD kick to Scotty?

HiHiYikas
November 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
The most important question is why did UD kick to Scotty?
Just add them to the growing list of folks asking themselves that same question.

Dukie95
November 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
It looked like it was just kicked deeper than the coverage - possibly a brain-fart by the punter. They had been kicking very high, but this one went really long and the closest defender must have been 20 yards away when he caught it.

madisonfan87
November 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
I cant believe anyone thought this was a trap game for JMU. When a team won't even play their first string QB you just can't take them serious. Sorry Blue Hens loyals, but this season was a joke and its all Schoenhoft and Keeler's fault. I've been to 3 Hens games and can attest to that.

Sam Adams
November 2nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
Keeler done screwed the pooch this year.

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM

what happens if you take Armanti away from App State? They lose more by him being gone than by us losing Landers! We still have a mammoth o-line, a nat'l defensive player of the year candidate (what's the name of that award? i forget), a host of talented RB's, and the best KR/PR in the country (i'm sure someone will debate me on that, but after FIVE total return TD's on the year, i'd like to know who's better than that). this is no disrespect to ASU at all, because the point is, they DO have AE! and he's awesome. just like we have Rodney, and he's awesome. the hypothetical "if we didn't have such-and-such a player, we'd suck"... all that stuff is meaningless.

Larry Warner had two KO returns for TDs in the first three games this year, against Hampton and UNI. Not saying he's better, but he's as good as any of them. At least he was before teams quit kicking to him.xnodx

Longhorn
November 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Larry Warner had two KO returns for TDs in the first three games this year, against Hampton and UNI.

I've not seen Warner, but Hampton? Come on. The level of competition is a factor in determining who's best at any position...and 5 returns, with two of them against ASU and UR, put McGee at the top of the list when comes to selecting this year's AA team.

BDKJMU
November 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
I've not seen Warner, but Hampton? Come on. The level of competition is a factor in determining who's best at any position...and 5 returns, with two of them against ASU and UR, put McGee at the top of the list when comes to selecting this year's AA team.

Horn is it 5? I thought it was 4 returns for McGee:
NCCU: punt
ASU: kickoff
UR: punt
UD: punt

BlueHen86
November 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Pretty much what I expected yesterday. UD's defense showed up and battled hard until they ran out of gas, and then the rout was on.
I think this is a good Delaware D, but it is more than overshadowed by a terrible offense.

Good luck with the rest of your season JMU.