PDA

View Full Version : Is Liberty Done???

appstate38
November 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Losing to Presby, should probably stick a fork in their playoff hopes..... Tough lose for the Flames.

jcmanson
November 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah it sucked, yeah it's done. No chance for playoffs. Better luck next year.

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah...i'd say so.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2008, 03:21 PM
Did anyone really think this team was that good to begin with?

Hoseinexile07
November 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Sucks for Liberty, not so much for us. That was the biggest, most high-profile win in recent PC football history! Sure shocked me!xrotatehx :D xcoolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx GO BLUE!!!

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Did anyone really think this team was that good to begin with?

Well, until Lafayette, yeah.

Is Lafayette that good?

gr8ness97
November 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
LOL looks like a good weekend for the FCS Independents if we can hold on

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well, until Lafayette, yeah.

Is Lafayette that good?

Lafayette's pretty good, obviously better than Liberty. The 'Pards are really beat up right and lost a tough one against a soon to be Top 25 Colgate team.

BeauFoster
November 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Was Liberty ever really there? They haven't played much of a schedule, so the results that were there were skewed (IMO).

To answer your question, yes, Liberty is done.

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
OWL: You went to/go to a good school; amazing how you are missing the logic.

NOTE: Lafayette is my TOP 25....but it is the point you are missing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
OWL: You went to/go to a good school; amazing how you are missing the logic.

NOTE: Lafayette is my TOP 25....but it is the point you are missing.

You're right, i have no clue what you're talking about. Are you saying that Lafayette is overrated too? To the same extent as Liberty? Less, more?

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
What I am saying is, based on records and a somewhat ok schedule, Liberty and Lafayette were looked at for the Top 25. Liberty, until the loss to Lafayette, was probably inflated a tad...but definitely Top 20.

Now, Lafayette's rise was based on their only solid win....over LIBERTY. Now, Lafayette loses to Colgate (who I had just outside the top 25), and Liberty loses.

Colgate, by default, will jump into the Top 25...because either Liberty or Lafayette will be knocked out.

Their rankings, or OVER rankings, were intertwined closely together. Plus, Lafayette lost to a GROSSLY OVER-RATED HARVARD TEAM.vI have watched Harvard play once live, twice on TV (including today)-- FAR FROM IMPRESSIVE. Ranking is name alone.

So, YES, LAFAYETTE, it seems, is OVERRATED-- they lost to an overrated team, beat a vastly overrated team, and got beat by a team whose ranking will rise based on a win over Lafayette and intertwined games b/w the PL and the GROSSLY over-rated IVY.

I hope that clears up what I meant. Frankly, I think Monmouth and Albany would both win or be at the top of the PL and IVY leagues; I dont have either in the Top 25 (though Albany is just outside of it).

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2008, 03:45 PM
What I am saying is, based on records and a somewhat ok schedule, Liberty and Lafayette were looked at for the Top 25. Liberty, until the loss to Lafayette, was probably inflated a tad...but definitely Top 20.

Now, Lafayette's rise was based on their only solid win....over LIBERTY. Now, Lafayette loses to Colgate (who I had just outside the top 25), and Liberty loses.

Colgate, by default, will jump into the Top 25...because either Liberty or Lafayette will be knocked out.

Their rankings, or OVER rankings, were intertwined closely together. Plus, Lafayette lost to a GROSSLY OVER-RATED HARVARD TEAM.

I have watched Harvard play once live, twice on TV (including today)-- FAR FROM IMPRESSIVE. Ranking is name alone.

So, YES, LAFAYETTE, it seems, is OVERRATED-- they lost to an overrated team, beat a vastly overrated team, and got beat by a team whose ranking will rise based on a win over Lafayette and intertwined games b/w the PL and the GROSSLY over-rated IVY.

I hope that clears up what I meant.

LOL, ohh yeah that was so simple to follow. That might be the most rediculous logic i've ever heard. According to you everybody's overrated.

kirkblitz
November 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
lol liberty, only coastal can go to the playoffs from the big south. switch conferences xsmiley_wix

LehighFan11
November 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM

Their rankings, or OVER rankings, were intertwined closely together. Plus, Lafayette lost to a GROSSLY OVER-RATED HARVARD TEAM.vI have watched Harvard play once live, twice on TV (including today)-- FAR FROM IMPRESSIVE. Ranking is name alone.

I hope that clears up what I meant. Frankly, I think Monmouth and Albany would both win or be at the top of the PL and IVY leagues; I dont have either in the Top 25 (though Albany is just outside of it).

Harvard, Colgate, and Lafayette are all solid teams then when healthy are 20-25th range. Liberty is completely done. Albany is solid and can compete with the CAA. Monmouth though?

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
OWL:

No.....I would gather you do your rankings WITHOUT REAL RESEARCH.

LIBERTY: Highly ranked because of an early win over then No. 19 YSU...and a perfect record. DROPS AFTER A LOSS TO A BORDER LINE TOP 25 LAFAYETTE)...mainly on the basis of looking at how the schedule was, in fact, weak considering the YSU win is nothing special.

LAFAYETTE: RANKED in mid-20's because of a win over PREVIOUSLY OVER-RATED LIBERTY and because they have won every other game. Wins over Marist, Georgetown, Columbia, and Fordham are not special; weak teams. LOSS TO HARVARD was by two TD's.

HARVARD: RANKED ON NAME ALONE. Were over-rated PRIOR to win over LAFAYETTE. Best wins are over Lafayette and tight one over Holy Cross.

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 03:57 PM
Harvard, Colgate, and Lafayette are all solid teams then when healthy are 20-25th range. Liberty is completely done. Albany is solid and can compete with the CAA. Monmouth though?

I agree with you Lehigh fan-- but, my commentary was towards Owl's assertion that LIBERTY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEEMED GOOD...EVER.

The same reasons Lafayette, Harvard, and Colgate are deemed good are the EXACT reasons that Liberty was deemed good. Frankly, these are teams that were all ranked because of intertwined games against one another..and ZERO quality wins/losses against higher-rated teams.

For example, you can argue that GSU-- a team many have stated they had in their top 25 still prior to today's game-- deserved that lofty view that they wer good because of the SOS and what happened in those games.

And yes, I think Monmouth had a bad game today...but still could beat the majority of the PL and IVY. Albany just went bananas in the 2nd half. Remember, this is a team that should have knocked off Maine and URI.

R.A.
November 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM
Now some other deserving teams can get more votes in the AGS poll...

LehighFan11
November 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
I agree with you Lehigh fan-- but, my commentary was towards Owl's assertion that LIBERTY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEEMED GOOD...EVER.

The same reasons Lafayette, Harvard, and Colgate are deemed good are the EXACT reasons that Liberty was deemed good. Frankly, these are teams that were all ranked because of intertwined games against one another..and ZERO quality wins/losses against higher-rated teams.

For example, you can argue that GSU-- a team many have stated they had in their top 25 still prior to today's game-- deserved that lofty view that they wer good because of the SOS and what happened in those games.

And yes, I think Monmouth had a bad game today...but still could beat the majority of the PL and IVY. Albany just went bananas in the 2nd half. Remember, this is a team that should have knocked off Maine and URI.

Yea I see they put up a fight vs. URI and Maine. Maine defiantly isn't the same team they are now and URI is pretty terrible. Albany defiantly would fight for a PL title but I don't believe Monmouth would.

lizrdgizrd
November 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yes.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Even a Big South team undefeated in FCS games is no guarantee to get in. Now that they have a loss I think they are pretty much done.

IaaScribe
November 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM
Definitely done. Playoff contenders don't lose to transitional schools. No offense intended to PC, a school that's building a nice program.

lizrdgizrd
November 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Even a Big South team undefeated in FCS games is no guarantee to get in. Now that they have a loss I think they are pretty much done.
This is their second loss. xpeacex

matfu
November 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
Liberty is DONE for this year !!!!!!! and rightfully so!

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Done.

mainejeff
November 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Done......and another CAA team is in. xnodx

Dane96
November 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yup!

blueballs
November 1st, 2008, 06:36 PM
They're not done... they still have to play Elon so the beatings will continue.

I love it how some of these teams get in the rankings and then lose to teams that teams from the "power" conferences have destroyed.

Query me this... how would Liberty, San Diego, Lafayette, Colgate, etc do if they had to play in the CAA or SoCon week in and week out???? If you're honest in your answer that will tell whether they deserve a ranking.

SuperJon
November 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
They're not done... they still have to play Elon so the beatings will continue.

I love it how some of these teams get in the rankings and then lose to teams that teams from the "power" conferences have destroyed.

Query me this... how would Liberty, San Diego, Lafayette, Colgate, etc do if they had to play in the CAA or SoCon week in and week out???? If you're honest in your answer that will tell whether they deserve a ranking.

See, I disagree with this. Liberty was THE game for PC. They got up for it and were coming off of a bye week. It was their chance to prove something.

As for if we played in the CAA or SoCon, here's what I think:

I think our record would not be where it is now. However, I think we would be competitive. We have the talent to go against anyone. As I've said before, I think that because of our schedule, we play at a lower game-speed most games so that when we go up against those power teams there's an adjustment time that normally puts us in a hole.

With that being said, we simply didn't play well and didn't deserve to win today. It's embarrassing but it happens. No excuses. PC deserved to win.

ngineer
November 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
While a surprising loss, I had said on other threads that Liberty was overrated and wasn't a top 20 team. They have certainly improved over the years, but they're not there, yet, and certainly won't be going to the playoffs.

apaladin
November 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM
See, I disagree with this. Liberty was THE game for PC. They got up for it and were coming off of a bye week. It was their chance to prove something.

As for if we played in the CAA or SoCon, here's what I think:

I think our record would not be where it is now. However, I think we would be competitive. We have the talent to go against anyone. As I've said before, I think that because of our schedule, we play at a lower game-speed most games so that when we go up against those power teams there's an adjustment time that normally puts us in a hole.

With that being said, we simply didn't play well and didn't deserve to win today. It's embarrassing but it happens. No excuses. PC deserved to win.

Look at PC's schedule I think Liberty was way down their list for being their :THE" game. No way would Liberty be competitive in the SoCon. You beat the worst team by 2 points.

carney2
November 2nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
It's time to face facts: despite some superior talent at a few skill positions, Liberty is not as good as its supporters have proclaimed them to be. They have been, quite simply, overrated. This really needs and deserves to be the last thread about Liberty's playoff aspirations. Ain't gonna happen.

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Look at PC's schedule I think Liberty was way down their list for being their :THE" game. No way would Liberty be competitive in the SoCon. You beat the worst team by 2 points.

I know PC has played much higher profile games than Liberty. However, with Liberty being a future conference opponent, this is the game they wanted more than the rest of them. They were content losing to the SoCon schools. Afterall, they're in the SoCon.

And I disagree about Liberty being competitive in the SoCon. I'm not saying we would challenge for the title, but I fully believe we'd be in the 3-6 range this year. You bring up us playing Western, and that fully supports what I said about game speed. If you saw the game, the entire first half everything was a step off. Things were happening a step or so faster than we were used to since we played the Division II teams starting out. If we played the tough FCS teams on a regular basis we would be accustomed to the game speed.

The thing about this is it doesn't matter. We're in the Big South and unfortunately that level of play took a step back this year. Hopefully it improves, and hopefully our schedule keeps getting better like it is next year.

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately for Liberty, their margin of error was slim to none, and while they could have survived the Lafayette loss had the Leopards won the PL, the loss to PC should do them in. One of the perils of being in the Big South at this time. Schedule up again for next year, and the Flames can (and should) be in the competition for the playoffs again xtwocentsx

justsaying
November 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
This is what I stated in a previous thread....

I for one am not impressed with liberty!!!

Lets be truthful.Their schedule is real weak, and the only teams they have beat with 4 wins or more are Coastal Carolina, and Glenville state(Div 2 ).....Only two teams they played are over .500 The rest aren't even at that mark..

2008 schedule so far

North Greenville 2-7 Div 2
Glenville State 6-3 Div 2
Western Carolina 2-7
Youngstown State-2-7
Coastal Carolina 4-5
Stonybrook 3-5
Lafayette 6-1 Lost
Charleston Southern 2-5

Opponent record 27-40

Yes they are dominating each and every team, and that is what they are suppose to do.. But I cant talk playoffs just yet..

Adding a transition team like PC to the LOSS column.. I think they are done..

WileECoyote06
November 2nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
LOL looks like a good weekend for the FCS Independents if we can hold on

xthumbsupx

Sir William
November 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
And I disagree about Liberty being competitive in the SoCon. I'm not saying we would challenge for the title, but I fully believe we'd be in the 3-6 range this year.

Question: have they legalized crack in Lynchburg?

3-6 range? Are you saying that you honestly believe LU could finish #3 in the SoCon? #4? #5? #6?. No way. No way you guys would compete with Furman, with GaSouthern, with The Citadel, and as we will soon see...with Elon. The Flames get waxed in all those games, even at home. Look, you've had a very good season, even with the PC loss yesterday. Kudos! But the Flames are nowhere close to the point of being competitive in the SoCon. If you were playing Samford, it's likely the Bulldogs win by 3-4 TDs. Hypothetically play Western again now that they are getting their feet on the ground, and I'd take the Cats by 21.

With all due respect, I would see LU beating Chatty by 3 TDs.

SuperJon, don't get me wrong...again, big-time congrats to the Flames on a great year. You guys have a great RB, a very good coach, and some of the best fans in FCS. But let's keep things on a sane level here.

4th and What?
November 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
While Liberty's playoff hopes are done, they at least have one more shot to prove themselves against Elon. Elon will most likely be coming to Lynchburg with 3 DI losses, and Liberty has a great chance to show that they are for real. If Liberty wants to show they can compete in the SoCon, they have to at least keep this close, if not pull off the upset.

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Question: have they legalized crack in Lynchburg?

3-6 range? Are you saying that you honestly believe LU could finish #3 in the SoCon? #4? #5? #6?. No way. No way you guys would compete with Furman, with GaSouthern, with The Citadel, and as we will soon see...with Elon. The Flames get waxed in all those games, even at home. Look, you've had a very good season, even with the PC loss yesterday. Kudos! But the Flames are nowhere close to the point of being competitive in the SoCon. If you were playing Samford, it's likely the Bulldogs win by 3-4 TDs. Hypothetically play Western again now that they are getting their feet on the ground, and I'd take the Cats by 21.

With all due respect, I would see LU beating Chatty by 3 TDs.

SuperJon, don't get me wrong...again, big-time congrats to the Flames on a great year. You guys have a great RB, a very good coach, and some of the best fans in FCS. But let's keep things on a sane level here.

Ok, you're obviously not getting what I'm saying and you're not giving us nearly the credit we deserve. Even right now, with the way things are, Samford and Western don't beat us by 3 scores.

What I'm saying is that with our talent and our coaching, if we played in the SoCon and had SoCon experience, we would be in the 3-6 range. I think 4-6 is more reasonable but I threw the three in there just as a top-out range. We have the talent to play with the teams you mentioned. What we don't have is the experience playing at that level.

Here's the best example I can give you:

Hugely talented FCS team goes and plays a lower level FBS school. The FCS team has all the talent to beat the FBS school. However, the FBS team has the experience of playing at a higher level routinely, thus they're able to make the few plays in a game that decide the winner and go on to win the game by a score or two. They weren't necessarily a better team, but they're used to playing at a higher level. If that FCS team played at the same level as the FBS team week in and week out then that FCS team would've won. That's the same as Liberty. We have the talent to play with and even beat the teams we're talking about, but the teams we're talking about have that high level experience and know what it takes to win those games. We don't have that yet.

ToTheLeft
November 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
It's time to face facts: despite some superior talent at a few skill positions, Liberty is not as good as its supporters have proclaimed them to be. They have been, quite simply, overrated. This really needs and deserves to be the last thread about Liberty's playoff aspirations. Ain't gonna happen.

We get it, Mr. Big Bad Leopard. Don't you have some wounds to lick, too? We know we're out, we accepted that once the clock hit 0:00 with the score the way it was. Maybe your Pards, who have been equally overrated, will be seen for what they are now, as well. A team who beat a not so good Liberty team, and lost to a not so great Harvard team.

Native
November 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
...Liberty ... were content losing to the SoCon schools....

I am not a win at-all-costs kind of guy except in protecting your home and family, but being content with losing should disqualify any team from the playoffs. Hope it was just a typo. xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
That was clever. You took what I wrote about something else, put an ellipsis in there, and tried to make fun of us. Man, you could run a political campaign with that type of clever-ness.

Native
November 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
That was clever. You took what I wrote about something else, put an ellipsis in there, and tried to make fun of us. Man, you could run a political campaign with that type of clever-ness.

No, SuperJon. No offense was intended. If it was an honest typo then I understand. But if your really meant it, I think you should reconsider.xpeacex

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ok, you're obviously not getting what I'm saying and you're not giving us nearly the credit we deserve. Even right now, with the way things are, Samford and Western don't beat us by 3 scores.
What I'm saying is that with our talent and our coaching, if we played in the SoCon and had SoCon experience, we would be in the 3-6 range. I think 4-6 is more reasonable but I threw the three in there just as a top-out range. We have the talent to play with the teams you mentioned.

I respectfully disagree. Samford would certainly take you to the house, even with their young QB. Yesterday, without two timely turnovers they likely would have beaten Furman this weekend. WCU took GSU to overtime. In fact, Elon will have a tough time with WCU if we look ahead at all to App. Obviously, you will have a chance to show how you can perform against another SoCon team in three weeks.

ASU_MBA
November 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
RIP Playoff hopes...

Long live Tinky Winky...the purse carrying teletubbie

That conference is so weak...... if Liberty played in the SoCon they lose to every team but WCU and UTC

no smack just my thought...

carney2
November 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
We get it, Mr. Big Bad Leopard. Don't you have some wounds to lick, too? We know we're out, we accepted that once the clock hit 0:00 with the score the way it was. Maybe your Pards, who have been equally overrated, will be seen for what they are now, as well. A team who beat a not so good Liberty team, and lost to a not so great Harvard team.

Actually, Harvard's pretty good.

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
Actually, Harvard's pretty good.

I guess one could make the argument that "pretty good" is roughly equivalent to "not so great". The relevant point is that a Harvard team that has squeaked by several teams on a "not so great" schedule handled Lafayette 27-13 in Easton. Big margins in total offense and time of possession.

Native
November 3rd, 2008, 04:43 AM

What I'm saying is that with our talent and our coaching, if we played in the SoCon and had SoCon experience, we would be in the 3-6 range. I think 4-6 is more reasonable but I threw the three in there just as a top-out range. We have the talent to play with the teams you mentioned. What we don't have is the experience playing at that level.

Here's the best example I can give you:

Hugely talented FCS team goes and plays a lower level FBS school. The FCS team has all the talent to beat the FBS school. However, the FBS team has the experience of playing at a higher level routinely, thus they're able to make the few plays in a game that decide the winner and go on to win the game by a score or two. They weren't necessarily a better team, but they're used to playing at a higher level. If that FCS team played at the same level as the FBS team week in and week out then that FCS team would've won. That's the same as Liberty. We have the talent to play with and even beat the teams we're talking about, but the teams we're talking about have that high level experience and know what it takes to win those games. We don't have that yet.

Kudos to Liberty for trying to upgrade the program, but don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Having some hugely outstanding talent is not the same thing as "all the talent to beat the FBS school." The assumptions are invalid. The biggest differences between the average FCS program and FBS program are talent and depth. Many (not all) of our most talented standout players at the FCS level would be faces in the crowd at an FBS program. With very few exceptions, the second stringers at an FCS program are not at the same skill levels as the second stringers at an FBS program.

It helps alot for the FBS to have more money and 50% or so more scholarships than the FCS. Despite Liberty's impressive talent pool, there is no way it compares with even the bottom third of the average FBS team's talent pool. Nor does the talent of any but a handful of FCS schools compare.

Level of play alone does not guarantee success. Having "the experience of playing at a higher level routinely" did not help San Diego State against Cal Poly or Army against New Hampshire this year, and more importantly has not translated into knowing "what it takes to win those games."

Yes, scheduling is an important component of building a successful program, but Liberty's strength of schedule is in the bottom half of all FCS teams. The perceived skill and coaching success when playing against weaker opponents does not predict performance at a higher level.

First step up to a more ambitious strength of schedule. Second, show that you can win at the higher level. THEN you will have a credible argument, can take credit for your program and even prognosticate a little.

appstate38
November 3rd, 2008, 06:09 AM
They will have to wait till next year.... The Big South gets an autobid then right?

uofmman1122
November 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
They will have to wait till next year.... The Big South gets an autobid then right?2010

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM

So you are somehow making yourself feel better by saying a team that beat you is overrated? Not sure how that helps Liberty in any way in this discussion. I dont think Lafayette is or was overrated, the two teams we lost too are good FB teams and many people were picking Lafayette to lose this week. Harvard will most likley win the Ivy and Colgate the Patriot.

SuperJon
November 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Kudos to Liberty for trying to upgrade the program, but don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Having some hugely outstanding talent is not the same thing as "all the talent to beat the FBS school." The assumptions are invalid. The biggest differences between the average FCS program and FBS program are talent and depth. Many (not all) of our most talented standout players at the FCS level would be faces in the crowd at an FBS program. With very few exceptions, the second stringers at an FCS program are not at the same skill levels as the second stringers at an FBS program.

It helps alot for the FBS to have more money and 50% or so more scholarships than the FCS. Despite Liberty's impressive talent pool, there is no way it compares with even the bottom third of the average FBS team's talent pool. Nor does the talent of any but a handful of FCS schools compare.

Level of play alone does not guarantee success. Having "the experience of playing at a higher level routinely" did not help San Diego State against Cal Poly or Army against New Hampshire this year, and more importantly has not translated into knowing "what it takes to win those games."

Yes, scheduling is an important component of building a successful program, but Liberty's strength of schedule is in the bottom half of all FCS teams. The perceived skill and coaching success when playing against weaker opponents does not predict performance at a higher level.

First step up to a more ambitious strength of schedule. Second, show that you can win at the higher level. THEN you will have a credible argument, can take credit for your program and even prognosticate a little.

You're still not getting it. I'm not saying we are that FCS team that's loaded with talent and should be able to beat the FBS teams. Those are the JMUs, Apps, etc. I was using it as a correlation showing that we're below that, but the same principle still applies to our level.

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
So you are somehow making yourself feel better by saying a team that beat you is overrated? Not sure how that helps Liberty in any way in this discussion. I dont think Lafayette is or was overrated, the two teams we lost too are good FB teams and many people were picking Lafayette to lose this week. Harvard will most likley win the Ivy and Colgate the Patriot.

A weak Patriot and a Weak Ivy? Not impressed. And I know our loss was embarrassing, and I don't think we're better than you guys, I just don't think that you really have much of a right to come in, after you guys fell on your faces, as well, talking a bunch of smack as if you are vastly superior, acting like "I told you so", when you guys were scared of us coming into Lynchburg, and it was only after we screwed things up that you decided to start acting like you were world beaters. Pick one... either we're overrated and your win meant nothing, or we just played a bad game, we're a good team, and you had a good win. You can't have it both ways, plus, you guys aren't exactly having a stellar season... Brown's game against Rhode Island proves that pretty well. Brown, who beat Harvard, isn't on the same level as a middle of the pack CAA team.

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
A weak Patriot and a Weak Ivy? Not impressed. And I know our loss was embarrassing, and I don't think we're better than you guys, I just don't think that you really have much of a right to come in, after you guys fell on your faces, as well, talking a bunch of smack as if you are vastly superior, acting like "I told you so", when you guys were scared of us coming into Lynchburg, and it was only after we screwed things up that you decided to start acting like you were world beaters. Pick one... either we're overrated and your win meant nothing, or we just played a bad game, we're a good team, and you had a good win. You can't have it both ways, plus, you guys aren't exactly having a stellar season... Brown's game against Rhode Island proves that pretty well. Brown, who beat Harvard, isn't on the same level as a middle of the pack CAA team.

Liberty also isnt at the same level as a mid-pack CAA team. If the Patriot and Ivy are weak, what does that say about the Big South? Liberty is the best team in the Big South and will probably still win the league, and you lost to Lafayette by 14. Lafayette was picked 4th in the Patriot at the beginning of the season. We are currently 6-2 and still have an outside shot at our league title and the playoffs. Not an outstanding season perhaps, but still "stellar."

Your post is one of the most perplexing and circuitous streams of logic I have ever encountered. For some reason you are mad at Lafayette and put us down and the Patriot League. All Lafayette fans had a healthy respect for Liberty before and after the game. I still think you have a solid team, just not perhaps a top 15 team that was once thought. Why is that hard to comphrend and why are you so pissed at us?