PDA

View Full Version : New SoCon leader in Total yards

appstate38
October 31st, 2008, 10:41 PM
AE passed Ritchie Williams for the record in total yards in a career in the SoCon.xthumbsupx

BestOfBreed
October 31st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Heck of a player.

eaglewraith
October 31st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Has he passed AP's real total yet? His total is 9,145 yards but the douchebag NCAA doesn't recognize his playoff stats and won't let them count retroactively :(

appstate38
October 31st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Has he passed AP's real total yet? His total is 9,145 yards but the douchebag NCAA doesn't recognize his playoff stats and won't let them count retroactively :(

I don't know.... but if he hasn't, I think its only a matter of time before he does.

appstate1998
October 31st, 2008, 10:53 PM
the scary part is how many games Armanti hasn't played in because of injury, and games he has came out early. Many games they let Elder come in the fourth, and last year after Michigan game he wasn't himself even when he came back for a few games. Thank goodness for Elder puking at State and setting up for AE to take over when he did.

DLS
October 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
lets talk about arm strength.

anyone want to comment on that 58yd td?

ball easily traveled @65yds

eaglewraith
October 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
the scary part is how many games Armanti hasn't played in because of injury, and games he has came out early. Many games they let Elder come in the fourth, and last year after Michigan game he wasn't himself even when he came back for a few games. Thank goodness for Elder puking at State and setting up for AE to take over when he did.

I kinda wish AP had played more than the first half of a lot of his games...he could have probably hit around 10k-12k.

AppGrad06
November 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
lets talk about arm strength.

anyone want to comment on that 58yd td?

ball easily traveled @65yds

Yea and he did it with such ease. Looked like he could easily have put it in the back of the end zone if need be.

AE's arm is what has impresses me most this year. I think the 10 pounds he put on was all arm muscle! In interviews AE has been saying "well [whoever] was given up the pass so we went with it" but I get the impression that the coaches have re-geared things a little to put more emphasis on the passing game and the long ball b/c teams don't expect that from us and it helps bolster AE pro prospects.

thmst30
November 1st, 2008, 03:01 AM
I kinda wish AP had played more than the first half of a lot of his games...he could have probably hit around 10k-12k.

Yea, thats the unfortunate part about these great players. They so often get so far ahead that they get pulled, and don't get to put on the show for the full 60 minutes.

blueballs
November 1st, 2008, 06:46 AM
Edwards is re-writing history every week. He is a once in a generation player for App and I hope all you ASU folks appreciate what you're getting to see.

IMO he's on the fast track to the college football HOF. At GSU we've had two such players, Ham who is already in the HOF, and Peterson, who is a mortal lock. Anytime you come to Paulson you see those jerseys on the side of the pressbox.

It really is too bad the NCAA has its collective heads in their rectums and doesn't recognize stats and the accomplishments of players uniformly. It is also a tribute to what Peterson accomplished that it has taken a quarterback- even as great as Edwards is and he IS great- almost three full seasons to match a running back's output in total yardage and TD's responsible for.

Armanti is going to put this record so far out of reach it may never be challenged if he stays healthy... He has the same advantages Peterson did: started 4 years on a great team that went deep in the playoffs in a system that was perfectly suited to his unique talents.

appstate38
November 1st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Edwards is re-writing history every week. He is a once in a generation player for App and I hope all you ASU folks appreciate what you're getting to see.

IMO he's on the fast track to the college football HOF. At GSU we've had two such players, Ham who is already in the HOF, and Peterson, who is a mortal lock. Anytime you come to Paulson you see those jerseys on the side of the pressbox.

It really is too bad the NCAA has its collective heads in their rectums and doesn't recognize stats and the accomplishments of players uniformly. It is also a tribute to what Peterson accomplished that it has taken a quarterback- even as great as Edwards is and he IS great- almost three full seasons to match a running back's output in total yardage and TD's responsible for.

Armanti is going to put this record so far out of reach it may never be challenged if he stays healthy... He has the same advantages Peterson did: started 4 years on a great team that went deep in the playoffs in a system that was perfectly suited to his unique talents.

Great Post BB, I for one agree and realize that AE is one of those type players that can really never be replaced in your program. He is playing at another level. There will be days when you can slow him down i.e. Furman. But you can really shut him down. Much like Peterson.

BULLDOG8180
November 2nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
I remember a bunch of you ASU fans got all mad at me when I told ya'll he would rewrite all of RW's SC and ASU records. But, Im pretty sure Williams completion record is probably safe. And ya'll were upset that a unknown kid was taking Elders position.

I guess it is safe to say I told you so! I saw the first high school game Money ever played QB and I knew he was special.

KiddBrewer
November 2nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Great Post BB, I for one agree and realize that AE is one of those type players that can really never be replaced in your program. He is playing at another level. There will be days when you can slow him down i.e. Furman. But you can really shut him down. Much like Peterson.

we said we would never see another Richie Williams too..............xrolleyesx im not sayin, im just sayin.....

ok, maybe a stretch

but for my entertainment purposes ill try to fathom the possibilities....

terrierbob
November 3rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
return man in NFL?