PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ Towson

TigerFan17
November 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Game day is approaching. Both teams are 6-3. Both teams are having great turnaround seasons. This game has playoff implications.

Thoughts? :D

89Hen
November 10th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Game day is approaching. Both teams are 6-3. Both teams are having great turnaround seasons. This game has playoff implications.

I picked UR in the pool, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. I think Tutt will have a big day and the Spiders will out score Schaffer and company.

JMU Duke Dog
November 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM

Before this season who would have thought that the Richmond at Towson game would have more effects on the playoffs than the Delaware at William & Mary game for this November weekend? I tip my hat to Richmond and Towson for having fantastic seasons in building/rebuilding their football programs. This conference shall stay quite competitive for quite awhile.

TigerFan17
November 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I think we have a good chance to win. We have some great talent in the secondary. We have already seen a team that likes to run their QB, and beat them on the road (Rhode Island). The key will be, while we won't be able to stop Tutt, just contain him. If we can do that, I think we can win.

spdram
November 10th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Everyone likes to talk about Stacy and what he means to Richmond, but the real star of this team is the D they can lock a team down when they need to--Richmond will win.

DTSpider
November 10th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I'm just happy that the game is on TV since I can't make the trip up to Towson.

I think that it'll be a good game. I see a few keys:

1 - Can the Richmond receivers get open and make plays against Towson's very good corners?
2 - Can Towson's O-line give their QB time to throw against an improving Spider pass rush?
3 - Special Teams - Richmond has been solid all year and Towson made some huge plays against Nova last week.

It's a given that turnovers will be key but I think that the team that wins the matchups above will also reflect in turnovers (i.e. if UR can get pressure than better chance for an INT).

I'm a bit of a homer so I'm thinking that Richmond can pull this one out, but I fully expect this to go down to the wire.

89Hen
November 11th, 2005, 07:28 AM
We have already seen a team that likes to run their QB, and beat them on the road (Rhode Island).
Apples and oranges. Option O vs. spread. There's really no comparison...

Davis 49 of 108 (45.4%) for 850 yards, 5 TDs and 6 INTs, 676 rushing
Tutt 112 of 201 (55.7%) for 1582 yards, 12 TDs and 4 INTs, 429 rushing

And remember these stats for Tutt are for 7 games as he was lined up as a receiver for the first two games of the season.

AppGuy04
November 11th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Go Spidahs! Chaz Curtis rules!

TigerFan17
November 11th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Apples and oranges. Option O vs. spread. There's really no comparison...

Davis 49 of 108 (45.4%) for 850 yards, 5 TDs and 6 INTs, 676 rushing
Tutt 112 of 201 (55.7%) for 1582 yards, 12 TDs and 4 INTs, 429 rushing

And remember these stats for Tutt are for 7 games as he was lined up as a receiver for the first two games of the season.

Well, I had no other reference point. :D

The other thing I'm worried about that I forgot to mention is the pass rush. Richmond likes to blitz and is racking up the sacks. However, Schaefer seems a thousand times more comfortable than he was in the first game, and I have faith in him!

Spider
November 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM
The other thing I'm worried about that I forgot to mention is the pass rush. Richmond likes to blitz and is racking up the sacks. However, Schaefer seems a thousand times more comfortable than he was in the first game, and I have faith in him!
It's gonna take more than 'faith'....Spidahs take care of business tomorrow...

dwtime
November 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
The Richmond Towson St. game is on Fox College Sports Atlantic at noon I believe, probably old news to everyone but thought I'd throw it out there.

Spider1976
November 11th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Have no idea who will win. It's just great that people are talking about Richmond football again.

TigerFan17
November 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
The Richmond Towson St. game is on Fox College Sports Atlantic at noon I believe, probably old news to everyone but thought I'd throw it out there.

Towson State University became Towson University in 1997. :)

TigerFan17
November 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Have no idea who will win. It's just great that people are talking about Richmond football again.

Ditto that...except Towson, not Richmond. :D

TigerFan17
November 12th, 2005, 07:33 AM
The time has come...off to tailgate! FIGHT ON TOWSON TIGERS!!!

Catsfan
November 12th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I was at the Towson/Nova game and was impressed with their pass defense. I think a lot depends on wheteher UR can run the ball, and whether TU can stop it.

R.A.
November 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
-# 26 Seth Williams is a great cornerback for Richmond... I haven't seen the Spiders this season until now... but he's doing all the small things right.

TigerFan17
November 12th, 2005, 02:36 PM
My god. If someone asked me to describe the game in one word, it would be...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@$!@$!@$!

CollegeObserver
November 12th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Tutt is a man playing against boys. If he can remain healthy, Stacy can take them a long way.

89Hen
November 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
My god. If someone asked me to describe the game in one word, it would be...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@$!@$!@$!
Don't say I didn't warn you about Tutt:

14 of 22 for 185 yards, 2 TD's plus 144 yards rushing and 2 TD's.

Still a great year for the Tigers, you should be proud! :nod:

blukeys
November 12th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Tutt's decision making was truly impressive. He burned Towson every time they tried to blitz. We all know that Tutt has the talent. The key to beating him was to force him into bad decisions. I saw no bad decisions today. :eek:

TigerFan17
November 13th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I'm sure it didn't help us by having possibly the worst pass rush in I-AA. He also burnt our secondary, who aren't slow and talentless...he is just plain good.