PDA

View Full Version : LFN's Not Happy about Mention in AP article...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Let's start with the article as it stands right now:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/29/sports/FBC-Colgate-Scott.php

Colgate's Scott ready for more records
The Associated Press

HAMILTON, N.Y.: Jordan Scott gets a lot of attention these days for a tailback from Colgate. Not all of it's welcome.

NFL scouts regularly stop by Andy Kerr Stadium in bucolic central New York to take a closer look at the record-setting runner. Scott talks with them, sometimes watches film of his games and answers questions about family. And before each scout leaves, he asks Scott to explain why he spent 10 days in jail this summer.

"Every scout that I've come in contact with has asked me to tell them about it," Scott said. "I guess they're trying to get a better feel for me as a person."

Read on...

Maybe Scott simply wanted to prove something because of that off-the-field mistake. He's had to deal with some of the content on the Lehigh Football Nation blog, where various entries said Scott was a stalker, that people didn't like him on campus, that he was a jerk once to a little kid, that he got a free pass on his bad behavior because of his athletic ability.

In the blink of an eye, Scott, a native of Hyattsville, Md., has gone from football star to blogosphere criminal.

I nearly choked. Various entries? I have never, ever called Jordan Scott a stalker. Some of the anonymous comments were ruthless, but I wasn't responsible for them.

In the event, I posted on my blog my reaction to the mention:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/10/jordan-scott-and-associated-press.html

It figures this would come up 24 hours before I'm to board a flight. First the Phillies Victory parade happening at precisely the same time I'm to drive to Philadelphia airport, and now this.

wideright82
October 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
bogus man, straight bogus

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I really wouldn't worry about it. You do a lot of great things for PL football and i think everyone no matter what school they support appreciates the work you do. Maybe one of our friends from the Hamilton area knows someone connected to the Colgate PR office who can get this straightened out and issue an apology. No matter what happens this is one of the negative sides of the internet and "free speach".

RichH2
October 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Read the article, strictly b*** s***, and poor fact checking. While you reported issues surounding Scott mostly if I recall correctly by quotes from newspapers I never saw any mention of him being a stalker. Don't let it slow you down or worry. Enjoy your vacation

carney2
October 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Look on the bright side - your fame is spreading.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Look on the bright side - your fame is spreading.

xlolx Just spell the name right... sounds like you subscribe to that one!

LBPop
October 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Rule #1 of modern journalism: Never let the facts get in the way of your pre-determined story.

Rule #2 of modern journalism: If the facts contradict what you intended to report, refer back to rule #1.

xrulesx

dennisdent
October 30th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Serves you right for bad mouthing UMass. xsmiley_wix

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxbawlingx xbawlingx;)

Go...gate
October 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Forget it, LFN. It is poor journalism by the AP. Sorry you feel badly, as it is totally undeserved.

We all, including this writer, gave Scott a lot of well deserved sh-t for what he did, but it was all in the mode of "how stupid could he be?" and how Scott needed to be disciplined. We thought of him as a young man who exercised very bad judgment, but not the creep this article insinuates.

I sure as hell don't remember anything about this other garbage in any media, and I read a lot of FCS stuff, including yours, religiously.