PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Need 2xAppSt v Wofford tickets?

Appaholic
October 30th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Short notice, I know, but I have in tickets in .pdf form and can e-mail to you. Cannot go and just looking to re-coup my expense. PM me......

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Short notice, I know, but I have in tickets in .pdf form and can e-mail to you. Cannot go and just looking to re-coup my expense. PM me......

Sucks you won't be there man. I will miss the Elon game, having surgery the day before. Will you be in Cullowhee?

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 09:09 AM
i have been very disappointed without how many people are saying they wont be able to make it... i am definately worried about the crowd size...

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
i have been very disappointed without how many people are saying they wont be able to make it... i am definately worried about the crowd size...

That happens when you schedule a game during the week. Fortunately, my job allows me the opportunity to get away. Some people simply can't and don't have a choice. Of course you'd want 30k there, but having a game on a Friday night when most spectators have to travel to get there is not the best situation to have a max crowd. It's not like Boone is located within a large population center like Carolina, Duke, etc. Hopefully most will be able to make it, but I understand why some can't.

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I do as well it is just unfortunate being that the game is on ESPN2 and I dont want to have too many empty seats and I for one am sacrificing to get there my wife and I dont have vacation bc we are new with our jobs... we are getting off work in Durham and driving straight there... we dont have the money for a hotel so we are driving straight back... we normally go to bed around 10 or 1030 so this will be quite the strain to be driving back till after 2am... but hey we are doing what we have to... iknow some people have children that have activities (high school football, halloween night etc...) and that is unfortunate... but i just hope that everyone who can possibly be there will be there bc we need a crazy crowd tomorrow night to win this game...

mcveyrl
October 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I do as well it is just unfortunate being that the game is on ESPN2 and I dont want to have too many empty seats and I for one am sacrificing to get there my wife and I dont have vacation bc we are new with our jobs... we are getting off work in Durham and driving straight there... we dont have the money for a hotel so we are driving straight back... we normally go to bed around 10 or 1030 so this will be quite the strain to be driving back till after 2am... but hey we are doing what we have to... iknow some people have children that have activities (high school football, halloween night etc...) and that is unfortunate... but i just hope that everyone who can possibly be there will be there bc we need a crazy crowd tomorrow night to win this game...

If it wasn't for trick or treat, I'd be there. Of course, I'd have to get home in order to get up at 7 to leave for Harrisonburg, but that would be one kick a$$ weekend...

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Well, my crew and me will be crazy. We even have a couple of App game virgins who will be at the game with us. It will be an awesome night. I think there will be more people there then you're thinking. I didn't think we'd have 30k at Jacksonville and we did. I also didn't think we'd have 28k (considering the weather) for THE Citadel and we did. I think we'll be surprised. Go APPS!

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
If it wasn't for trick or treat, I'd be there. Of course, I'd have to get home in order to get up at 7 to leave for Harrisonburg, but that would be one kick a$$ weekend...

That would be.

beauvighn
October 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I doubt very seriously that there will be 30,000 in Boone tomorrow night. I would say between 24-26,000. Disappointing the Mounties don't think this a game worthy enough to show up for.

introvertedGSUfan
October 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I'll be having a beer while watching that comfortably in my chair.

Appaholic
October 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I doubt very seriously that there will be 30,000 in Boone tomorrow night. I would say between 24-26,000. Disappointing the Mounties don't think this a game worthy enough to show up for.

Also disappointing the admin decided to whore themselves out again for exposure at the regular fan's expense....in today's business climate, blowing off work for a game isn't advisable, but I don't expect state worker's like School Admin to understand that....xwhistlex

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Are these the Mounties you speak of?

http://www.sacherer.de/amerika/Dawson/Dawson_Mounties.jpg

Anyways, I don't think they believe it's not a game worthy of showing up. I think it's just a lot of people can't get off work to make it up the mountain.

I know you're just trying to smack, but that's another forum. xpeacex

biggie
October 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
We'll get 27k, but above that is a toss up. Depends on how crazy the students are.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
There were a lot of people worried about attendance last year before the Richmond game... ended up setting a playoff record. Tomorrow night being Halloween presents another problem... but I expect at least 27k. I think we'll be ok.

mountaineertider
October 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Oh the students will be crazy. There will be the drunk crazies. The "I want to kick Wofford's @$$" crazies. The "I Want to be on TV" crazies. And then there will be the combo of the three.

I'll say 26,000 will be there.

neersnbeers
October 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Our group of 17 will be making it up the mountain. Luckly I do have vacation left to take tomorrow off.

bigbuck34
October 31st, 2008, 07:05 AM
PM Sent.

4th and What?
October 31st, 2008, 07:08 AM
Glad the world series is over, because now I have my tickets at the local bar. Without Philly-mania going on over there, it's time to teach these guys a little about I-AA football. Looking forward to a great game tonight.

Appaholic
October 31st, 2008, 07:09 AM
PM Sent.

Just responded...call me

CamelCityAppFan
October 31st, 2008, 07:28 AM
I would say between 24-26,000. Disappointing the Mounties don't think this a game worthy enough to show up for.

First of all, wait and judge whether or not the "Mounties" deem the game worthy enough to show after they've actually had the opportunity to show up. xcoffeex

Second, it's amazing that anyone would be "disappointed" with attendance north of 25k at an FCS game. Last time I checked, that would be a nice average number for a few select FCS teams, and way above average for most. It's also, apparently, 1.5 times the total living alumni base of the T-Dogs.

appfan2008
October 31st, 2008, 07:33 AM
my official prediction is 24,597

ASUMountaineer
October 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Heck I'll predict the attendence - 27,756. Go APPS!

Edge316007
October 31st, 2008, 10:10 AM
It'll be between 27 and 28. Students that don't normally go to games will be going to this one. Guest tickets have been sold out since early Monday as opposed to Tuesday.