PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? ASU vs. Wofford

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Who will win? ASU vs. Wofford

Very big game with conference implications as well as playoff seeding implications...

94Terrier
October 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Both offenses are really good, both defenses are really good. I will come down to whose kicking screws up the least.
Wofford 42
Appy 31

phoenix3
October 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
For obvious reasons I hope App wins but I think Wofford will pull it out.

neersnbeers
October 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Not sure why but I've got a major mojo feeling. Gonna be one heck of a game! 5 o'clock rolls around and I'm Boone bound!

T-Dogg
October 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Game could not be set up any better, oh...... to be in the SoCon! Others can only wish.

Go Terriers!

AshevilleApp2
October 30th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Tough call. We're probably good for at least four touchdowns and three extra points. The defense just has to slow Wofford down. App in a close one.

terrierbob
October 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Have no frickin' idea. My optimism lies, as usual, with the hogs up front. Defense has improved.
But....
As long as AE is with the 'neers, there's a phantom on the loose, a wraith, a shade, a malevolent spirit capable of shape shifts.

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 08:21 AM
so far looks like homer picks abound... but as an app fan this is one scary game...

Saint3333
October 30th, 2008, 08:35 AM
When's the last time ASU was an "underdog" at home? Based upon everything I've read this week we are.

beauvighn
October 30th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Tough call. We're probably good for at least four touchdowns and three extra points. The defense just has to slow Wofford down. App in a close one.

Ok, that makes it easy for me.
Wofford 42
Mounties 28

AshevilleApp2
October 30th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Wofford 42
Mounties 28

I guess we didn't slow Woff down! xlolx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 30th, 2008, 08:50 AM
The atmosphere is the difference maker in this one. I think Wofford probably has the stronger team, but at the Rock, especially at night, you have to give the edge to App St.

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 08:56 AM
The atmosphere is the difference maker in this one. I think Wofford probably has the stronger team, but at the Rock, especially at night, you have to give the edge to App St.

that is what i am talking about!!!... i hope so...

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Wait, so you're telling me Appalachian has a chance?

http://charactershighschool.pbwiki.com/f/2079118961_08150e7b12_m.jpg

No prediction...just ready to get the game on. Go APPS!

APPStrongNC
October 30th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Barnburner
Slobberknocker

Night time at the rock, anything is possible.
I pick ASU in the poll but hey Im a fan.
Hope we come out on top. Hoping for a damn good game.
Good luck all.
Hey, is it Friday yet....

wideright82
October 30th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I guess we didn't slow Woff down! xlolx

he also seems to have more confidence in your fg kicker

OLDMAIN80
October 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Wofford 42
Mounties 28

My score tooxthumbsupx

beauvighn
October 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I hope after this game we can all go back to being friends.xnodx
Why I don't know what I would do if we all couldn't be friends.xsmiley_wix

PhoenixPhan06
October 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
For obvious reasons I hope App wins but I think Wofford will pull it out.

ASU will have a lot of adopted fans this weekend from the Elon area xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
October 30th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I hope after this game we can all go back to being friends.xnodx
Why I don't know what I would do if we all couldn't be friends.xsmiley_wix

Friends hell! xnonono2x

j/k xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

nick9c
October 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
App State's defense didn't look particularly stellar against Furman last week. I think Wofford is better than FU offensively, and if they commit fewer turnovers, should win easily.

appstate38
October 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
App State's defense didn't look particularly stellar against Furman last week. I think Wofford is better than FU offensively, and if they commit fewer turnovers, should win easily.

4 forced turnovers and 14 points.... Yeah that sucks!!! I would hate to see what a stellar preformance looks like.

beauvighn
October 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
ASU will have a lot of adopted fans this weekend from the Elon area xthumbsupx

I'm sure they will. Let somebody else do what they couldn't do.
Oh Wait....... Wofford just scored ANOTHER TD in Burlingotn.xlolx xlolx xlolx

cmaxwellgsu
October 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Wofford is a hard-nosed bunch, but I think App will pull it out. 38-35 is my guess.

PhoenixPhan06
October 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sure they will. Let somebody else do what they couldn't do.
Oh Wait....... Wofford just scored ANOTHER TD in Burlingotn.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Haha, good one there. Theres no way to spin it, I mean you can put lipstick on a pig and its still a hockey mom right?

Wofford was clearly the better team Saturday and we couldn't have asked for better timing for our bye week.

james_lawfirm
October 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Have no frickin' idea. My optimism lies, as usual, with the hogs up front. Defense has improved.
But....
As long as AE is with the 'neers, there's a phantom on the loose, a wraith, a shade, a malevolent spirit capable of shape shifts.

Terrier:
I understand your allegories, however, he's actually a great guy. Perhaps a more fitting description would be: SUPERMAN!

james_lawfirm
October 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM

I don't know who's going to win this game. But, I do know that whoever does, it won't be easy, regardless of turnovers.

griz&beer
October 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I went with APP becuse they are at home. That close of a game. So that is the edge I will give ASU. 7 to 10 points.

neersnbeers
October 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
But....

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ur2k
October 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Went with App b/ c of the home field advantage. This should be a good one, I'll be watching with bad memories of a Friday night in Boone from last season playing in my mind.

appfan2008
October 30th, 2008, 12:17 PM

no one comes to boone and wins easily it just doesnt happen... we have won 38 out of our last 39 home games for a reason... xnodx