PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Auto-Bid TRUTH (Link)

WCU LawCat
November 10th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I know that this is the 1000th time a thread like this has been posted but this is the truth and breakdown of every scenario. WCU has a "Decent" shot at the playoffs!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051110/SPORTS/51109032/1065/SPORTS&theme=

Appdad
November 10th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I know that this is the 1000th time a thread like this has been posted but this is the truth and breakdown of every scenario. WCU has a "Decent" shot at the playoffs!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051110/SPORTS/51109032/1065/SPORTS&theme=

Furman losing to Wofford after losing to GSU? Furman fighting for playoff's and the SoCon. I don't think Wofford is winning that one. Furman's OL will chop up Wofford's DL and LB's.

TypicalTribe
November 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Seems odd to think that WCU actually wants Furman to lose and drop below them considering they beat them head-to-head. Gotta love tiebreakers.

I don't give this scenario much of a chance but what a headache for the committee it would be.

gsugt1
November 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Decent ? :eek:

AppGuy04
November 10th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Scenarios 1,4,5,6,7 are the only ones possible, see if you can figure out why

SpiritCymbal
November 10th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Because ASU would have to lose to Elon and that's very unlikely to happen?

AppGuy04
November 10th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Because ASU would have to lose to Elon and that's very unlikely to happen?

ding ding ding

blueballs
November 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Elon ain't beatin' ASU.

sceagle
November 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I think very unlikely is not strong enough. It is almost a statistical improbability that App will lose to Elon.

SoCon48
November 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
ding ding ding

You forget how much hatred the Burnt Birds have for App. Plus ol Ham's head is on the line..like way over the line.

AppGuy04
November 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
You forget how much hatred the Burnt Birds have for App. Plus ol Ham's head is on the line..like way over the line.

dude, come on :spank:

SoCon48
November 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM
dude, come on :spank:

Dude II, history has a way of repeating itself. Elon is no SoCon power, heck, not hardly a SoCon team, but it takes a looong time to forget the loss to the 0-10 much worse VMI team a few years back at the ROCK!. Knocked our butts out of a good play-off spot. We were 8-2 with CLOSE losses to Wake and GSU only. Next two weeks we were relegated to play-off bus rides and plane trips to New freakin' Hampshire and Boise frozen State. Wooohooo!

2005 ASU 6-3 1994 ASU 8-2
EU 3-6 VMI 0-10
@ Elon @ ASU

As my man Mr. Berra said, "It ain't over 'til it's over!" :bang: :bang: :bang:

The fat lady hasn't even started packing for the Boone game yet.
Two tough games if we're not stoked for both.

I just hope you're right and both turn out to be cake walks. :cool:

Cincy App
November 10th, 2005, 12:35 PM
JCline, I know that I haven't forgotten the VMI game of 1994. One day these students will understand. Elon has a much better chance of beating ASU next week than VMI had in November, 1994. I really doubt Elon wins but I'm nervous entering every game we play. After all, Any Given Saturday...

First, let's take care of the Cats.

Black and Gold Express
November 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Elon ain't beatin' ASU.

Neither is Western, making all this a moot point anyhow. :D

AppGuy04
November 10th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Dude II, history has a way of repeating itself. Elon is no SoCon power, heck, not hardly a SoCon team, but it takes a looong time to forget the loss to the 0-10 much worse VMI team a few years back at the ROCK!. Knocked our butts out of a good play-off spot. We were 8-2 with CLOSE losses to Wake and GSU only. Next two weeks we were relegated to play-off bus rides and plane trips to New freakin' Hampshire and Boise frozen State. Wooohooo!

2005 ASU 6-3 1994 ASU 8-2
EU 3-6 VMI 0-10
@ Elon @ ASU

As my man Mr. Berra said, "It ain't over 'til it's over!" :bang: :bang: :bang:

The fat lady hasn't even started packing for the Boone game yet.
Two tough games if we're not stoked for both.

I just hope you're right and both turn out to be cake walks. :cool:

well, i was only 12 in 1994

and both won't be cake walks, but the Elon game should be

DotCat
November 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
If only the planets and stars will align and of course the Earth stand still, maybe, just maybe the Catamounts will win the auto-bid.

SoCon48
November 10th, 2005, 01:51 PM
JCline, I know that I haven't forgotten the VMI game of 1994. One day these students will understand. Elon has a much better chance of beating ASU next week than VMI had in November, 1994. I really doubt Elon wins but I'm nervous entering every game we play. After all, Any Given Saturday...

First, let's take care of the Cats.

Take care of the Cats...I'll :beerchug: to that, Cincy App..

Nov. 19, 1994 ranks right up there with the Stock Market Crashes in my book. A dark day in Boone, NC. :bawling:
I'm just hoping we already had our Any Given Saturday back in Furmieville for this year.

GaSouthern
November 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I am just glad GSU is set nomatter what, our future can only get better if WCU wins, but I would rather three teams from socon go to the playoffs than GSU win the socon, and its what I expect to happen, but if WCU wins and we win the socon then thats fine with me!

SoCon48
November 10th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I am just glad GSU is set nomatter what, our future can only get better if WCU wins, but I would rather three teams from socon go to the playoffs than GSU win the socon, and its what I expect to happen, but if WCU wins and we win the socon then thats fine with me!

In the unlikely event that ASU sweeps WCU and the Elon BB's, coupled with a GSU bummer vs MoHead..guess who watches from StatesBurrow. :eek:

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Is it because the odds of both FU and ASU losing a conference game at this point are slim?