PDA

View Full Version : Student Tickets

crunifan
November 10th, 2005, 10:01 AM
The other day I was reading my student newspaper the Northern Iowan, and there was an article in the opinion section arguing against how UNI's student section (for both football, Panther Posse, and Basketball, Mac's Maniac's) is an organization that required a fee to participate in ($10). Now, I've never had a problem paying the ten dollars, you even get a free t-shirt. Plus admission to every sporting event at UNI is free. So it's really only like a $10 season ticket for two sports. But he mad the statement that no other school (he mentioned Duke among other places) has to pay to be in there student section. Well, I know for sure that Iowa and Iowa State students have to pay to even get into the game, which is over $100 a season per sport. So to me, this $10 is a great deal. My first question is do you have to pay to get into games and second, is there a student section and do you have to pay to sit there?

AndrewFU21
November 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM
At FU, we just show our ID's and get in to all the sporting events free.

X-Factor
November 10th, 2005, 10:12 AM
At NDSU we dont pay to get into games besides paying our athletic fee that goes along with tuition. We don't pay to sit in the student section(s). The emphasis here is to get as many people to the games as possible.

sceagle
November 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Our student section at basketball games is known as the Hanner Hooligans. In the past the athletic department has simply made hooligan shirts and we pass them out to students at the game. Now there is an official student organization supporting athletics, Talon. For basketball games to sit up close in the middle section you will have to have a hooligan shirt. To get one you must either be a member of Talon, which costs $10 to join. Or, you can buy one at the game for $15. I am a little nervous to see how students respond to this. I think most won't mind and Hanner will be rockin again this year like it has in the past.

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2005, 10:50 AM
At Sam, show IDs and get into events for free for general admission seats.

No chairbacks at football or baseball or softball. No centercourt seating at basketball. General admission.

SuperJon
November 10th, 2005, 10:55 AM
At Coastal, students get in free. However, we have a "pep club" or whatever you wanna call it that costs $10 but you get a shirt and advanced tickets. The advanced ticket thing is nice cause you get the ticket on Monday as opposed to having to go pick one up at the stadium (free either way, just saves the trouble). We don't have student sections shirts but we're working with Coach Peterson (basketball) to get some up.

sceagle
November 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM
To get into games students still just have to show their IDs but to get the best courtside seats they have to have a hooligan shirt.

Reed Rothchild
November 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Actually, at UNI students get into all games for free. At the football game against YSU it was family day where they have the parents and students sit together. For that game only, the Panther Posse student section was the only true "student section." For all the other games, the students sit whevever they want to on the east side. There is still a Panther Posse student section, but it is surrounded by students.

Tealblood
November 10th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I am pretty sure none of you are getting in free. It is paid for in your tuition under student activity fees( this is what most schools call it). It just sems free because you don't pay for it at the time.

JohnG
November 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
At Lehigh we can get into any sporting event for free with our ID, except for the Lehigh/Lafayette football game.

We also have an organization called the Hawk's Nest which costs $20 to join and gets you preferred seating at the Lehigh/Lafayette game, a T-shirt, extra seats set aside for wrestling matches, as well as other extras such as tonight where there is a free dinner with the wrestling coaching speaking and the option to go on bus trips such as the one we had down to Delaware for the football game.

PantherMan
November 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I am pretty sure none of you are getting in free. It is paid for in your tuition under student activity fees( this is what most schools call it). It just sems free because you don't pay for it at the time.

You are correct.

GSUBass
November 10th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure most students know that it isn't truly "free" but either way.

All sporting events are free w/ ID, except for playoff football games, where tickets were $6. I dunno what it'll be this year, cause regular tickets went up to an even $20 from $18.

aggie6thman
November 10th, 2005, 09:54 PM
At UC Davis, we don't charge anything for all sporting events. The group that one of my friends (and fellow AGS posters) created was the Aggie Stampede. For $6 you get tickets to any road trip game we go on, a hotel room (filled with other people) and a t-shirt. Not a bad deal IMO.